Post by tr0lle »

You guys and youre so called "logic."
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

tr0lle;493312 wrote: You guys and youre so called "logic."
We *ARE* so called logic? Is that a compliment? :confused: :thinking:

Don't agree? Explain, if you can.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;492906 wrote: And thats where all the trouble starts:thinking:
No no, MrsK....that's where all the FUN starts!!! :yh_bigsmi :yh_devil
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;493325 wrote: That to BR,that to:sneaky:

BUT this is a family forum,can't be contributing to the degredation of minors:lips:
See, there you go again....degredation...like it's a bad thing....HAHAHA!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

mrsK;493335 wrote: We are supposed to be responsible adults:thinking: :D
In my world that means having as much sex as possible. :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Ted

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Ted »

From another Christian pluralists perspective:

I just acquired a book entitled "Legends of the Bible" by no less than a Jewish writer Louis Ginsberg and published by the Jewish Publication Society. Once again another document that supports what I have been saying about the Jews knowingly accepting myth etc. as a means of presenting profound truths about God.

I am only part way through the introduction but he also shows how the early church fathers not only accepted them as myth etc. but in fact added to them. I will quote as I move along. But I did find one amusing quote pg xxix "Humour shatters the rigidity of literal-mindedness".

In addition last evening on PBS was an excellent program "Kingdom of David" which traced Hebrew history from the story of the exodus to just before the birth of Jesus. It was produced by a group of Jewish rabbis and Jewish scholars.

I noted with interest a few things. They support what I have been saying about the exodus and agree there is no evidence for the story. However, they stress that what is important is the meaning of the story. They also support the fact that there was no vast invasion of Canaan from outside but that the Hebrew people came from within the Canaanite community itself.

As Dom Crossan and many others have said the question is not "Did this really happen?" but "What does the story mean?

Again I stress that both the book and the program were produced by Jewish scholars. I also remind you that the Bible is the product of the Jewish people.

Shalom

Ted

PS From a post I put on another forum.
Galbally

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Galbally »

tr0lle;493312 wrote: You guys and youre so called "logic."

Yes, "Logic", as opposed to what exactly? Ill-logic? :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Erinna1112

I feel sorry for you.

Post by Erinna1112 »

Pinky;493458 wrote: Explain please..you're obviously here to attack christian logic, well I'm not a christian and have come with summat different, and you still see fit to be sarcastic. Explain what you mean. I doubt you'll do that though, as your aim is to get us all hot under the collar (trust me, like i need help with that!) and then bugger off again. So, what exactly do you mean? Your comments so far have been hazy at best.

So when does this part happen?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
BabyRider

I feel sorry for you.

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112;493771 wrote: So when does this part happen?

HEY!!!! You've got email that I need AN ANSWER TO!!! If ya' have an answer that is. :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

tr0lle

I feel sorry for you.

Post by tr0lle »

I feel like Don Quixote, anyways. I´m going to practice where there aren´t any rational people, yup, an anti-evolution forum. BTDUBs, what does the inflation theory exactly state again? I don´t remember, something around the universe expanding at like 10x34 of a second twice its size.
spot

I feel sorry for you.

Post by spot »

No no, tr0, don't go, we need a Sancho Panza on this site and you'd be wasted elsewhere. Stick around, we can work it out.

10x34 is 340, surely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Christianity”