Message From Your Old Friend, ELISE

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
weeder

Post by weeder »

What complete and utter nonsence. Keep crying your way through life this way, and you will never get anywhere. Quitting jobs because the co worker is mean.... quitting school because the professor WANTS to confuse you. Quitting relationships because they are too difficult. Quit driving, because someone cut you off. Quit eating , because you have to chew... Either pick up the tools needed to participate in this sport.... Your mind, your wit, words...... Or go away quietly, and look for a nursery school forum.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

"OLD friend"? what utter crap. i have no clue what this is about, but it had to be bad if FG banned someone. anyone want to fill me in? Tombstone? Peg? Paula? is anybody out there? :D :confused:
Wednesday's Child

Post by Wednesday's Child »

Sent From Heaven / Elise

Well this wasn't happy news to start the New Year. The day I joined I followed Elise on a most fun welcome - she was bright - had lots of energy and gave me offers of assistance

when I was stumbling around learning the forum technicalities.

I don't know what happened with Paula and Elise on a personal basis because sometimes posters just do not click for their own reasons.

What I don't understand is how someone can be banned after one day of joining a group and apparently being harrassed by another more established member, and when retaliating, is banned. :confused:

None of us have the complete story I guess, but Elise there are many forums out there to choose from and nobody has to join a group to be made to feel unwelcome immediately.

It has nothing to do with being a child in nursery school either, it has to do with common sense. How often in real life do we go up to a stanger and give them a bad time?

I'll miss your bright personality Elise, and if you join up elsewhere, please let me know because I would like to continue knowing you.

Paula I would also like to find a way to get along with you, but I'll leave that entirely up to you - as it is your forum. Some day I'll learn your Haiku (or not).

Sent From Heaven You are a good friend and apparently there are personalities here which are well established and anyone with differences may not be welcome. You have tried your best and that is as much as any friend can do.

I hope I'll be able to find friendships here, but after yesterday it seemed much of what I wrote was unacceptable to some.

Being new on a forum is tough on some people..... where we remain ignorant "odd men out" for a while until we figure out who we can converse with and who ignore us and who dislike us immediately.

A slice of real life I guess. Only more so.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

over 18? well my sheriff does not hand out guns and badges to minors. i still have no idea what happened with elise, but i wrote tombstone to ask. once again...what was the problem? precisely, not esoterically. what the heck was the cause?
Wednesday's Child

Post by Wednesday's Child »

Lady Cop

I would like to know also. That was my second day on the forum after a fun welcome and exchange of a few posts with Elise and whammo......she was banned?

Personalities conflict all the time, but I have never known anyone to be banned in such a short time.

All I can deduct is the offensive material has been deleted wherever it occurred (if at all).

Perhaps you will be able to clear this up....
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SentFromHeaven wrote: For those with no brains: weeder, ladycop, paula, FG admin and others too cowardly to 'open their mouths thereby removing all doubt'

~~~~~~~Mark Twain):

The doctrine of blind obedience and unqualified submission to any human power is the doctrine of despotism.
cowardly?? are you nuts?? you should do what i do for ten minutes and then call me 'cowardly'."no brains"? who in hell are you addressing? i cannot believe i am even responding to this garbage, and i won't again. you are out of here. you are merely supporting the type of rhetoric that probably got your "friend" (or yourself with another name) banned. juvenile i think. i don't bother with juveniles, simply turn them over to their parents.
Cass

Post by Cass »

SentFromHeaven wrote: For those with no brains: weeder, ladycop, paula, FG admin and others too cowardly to 'open their mouths thereby removing all doubt'

Are you sure you are "sent from heaven"?

I think you came from somewhere a little further south ;)
weeder

Post by weeder »

~~~~~~~Mark Twain):

The doctrine of blind obedience and unqualified submission to any human power is the doctrine of despotism.
You havent been here long enough to know, who opens their mouth and who doesnt. Im with lady cop...Last time Ill stoop to reply. You are dangerous, and the reason that parents shudder to think their children will get involved on the internet. Hopefully whoever is in charge here in cyber space.. will eliminate you along with your celestial friend. This mess is the first unpleasant experience Ive had here in FG. Definately made me think of it differently. It was very enjoyable. Now its frightening.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Paula

Post by Paula »

Weeder & Other Fellow Friends; I could see the infection immediately! The Fever & Toxicity here, its a wonder we are responding? Within a few hours all of this will be history, i see little life left for this illness? This is got to be Wonder Bulb, WinePlant or Castor Oil, i don't know exactly what, but its not GOOD.

I relate pLants to animals & humans, it is a method that gives a clue to those who may otherwise not realize what is being said? Kindly & in Garden terms? Poison is something we stay away from?

For The Unhappy Poster; For a SUnday Morning, this isn't what i planned to read? I have lowered my own standards to respond, because you want my attention, this is all i can give you?, we need to move on, there are just too many IMPORTANT things in the world going on? :-1
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Post by koan »

To clarify, what I recall having seen as the problem involved Elise declaring war on Paula and stating her intentions to get Paula banned. I do not recall Paula ever intentionally trying to get anyone banned. Intermember disputes should not rise to that level. It is a situation that the administrator had to put out before it escalated. I think they made a good choice. To say that any one member "owns" the boards is rather silly. I liked Elise and I'm sorry to see that it had to end this way.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

Blind obedience...I don't think we're blind at all. Paula has tried hard to not offend posters lately. Elise came on and expected to get her way immediately based on posts that she wasn't even here for. Then she had a tantrum because it wasn't addressed within her time limit.

When choosing between one who is trying to do well and one who is demanding, I'd make the same decision as ForumGarden.

Drama. I'd rather watch Turner Movie Channel for my fix.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

SHEESH

I've been on a board with incompetent moderators, ai'nt nuthin like that here.

S'pose I could be considered a cactus, sometimes I get prickly, maybe I need to watch out for Paula and her machete?, does she cut down the whole plant or has she attended the Loreena Bobbit school of horticulture and carving? :yh_worry :yh_rotfl
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I just don't know how I've lasted this long on FG. I'm the only Irishman who has critizes almost everyone and every one thing.

"Someone Up there Likes Me'. :driving:
ForumGarden

Post by ForumGarden »

Hello All FG'ers!

We are all a pretty tolerant bunch here. I think you all know that by our actions and our posts. We have great moderators and great participants.

I was forwarded the emails and PM's that a certain person sent to our moderators and webmaster. Since life is too short to put up with name-calling, belittlement, and "I dare you's!" we decided to follow her wishes and ban her.

It's really as simple as that.
xlt66

Post by xlt66 »

SentFromHeaven wrote: I fully expect to be banned myself after bringing this news to you.

Also, please check the 'members' list: Elise no longer exists.

By this time tomorrow, I suspect I won't either.

Again: do NOT believe ForumGarden's lies; no matter what they try to tell you on this thread or anywhere else.

Oh puleeese. You give yourself way too much credit.
CVX

Post by CVX »

SentFromHeaven wrote: ForumGarden decided to ban Elise.

In their infinite wisdom, they chose to ignore their earlier decision to ban Paula by ridding themselves of a truly good person: Elise.

She is my friend. I want her back.

If people enjoyed her posts and/or contacted her directly, please know that not only does she appreciate it, but she would like you to PM ForumGarden and Webmaster (both found under Memberlist, "F" and "W") in order to right the situation.

Anyone who chooses to post here when something like this can happen: consider it a warning. NEVER speak truth to power (not original, nevertheless it is quite accurate on this site).

Thank you.

P.S. Yes, Paula, ALL of this was your fault. Don't be fooled by more lies from anyone.

This post is illogical. This thread is weird. You first plea for us to PM the hosts of ForumGarden to bring elise back. You later attack them and claim they are liars.

I feel sorry for the admins here. Looks like they are dealing with petulant children. (You and this elise character.)

Please go away. Most (if not all) forums that I participate in don't even allow discussing or talking about the forum itself.

I would propose that forum garden start a new rule and disallow discussions about the forum. It distracts from the conversations.
abbey

Post by abbey »

SentFromHeaven wrote:

As for me: after the debacle here, I will not hang around. As I said, Elise is my friend. I wouldn't want to post anywhere she is not welcome.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY..............BYE THEN XX :p

Return to “Members' News”