X-Stitch

Discuss knitting, embroidery, crocheting, and other types of creative needlework.
persephone

X-Stitch

Post by persephone »

Thought I'd share some of my cross stitch with everyone... I get obsessed with it once I start, and it stops all my nervous habbits.

The roses I did for my mums birthday, and the angels seem to have become my favorite subjects, I hunt the web for new patterns all the time.

Attached files
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Cass

X-Stitch

Post by Cass »

Very nice Letha! I love to cross stitch and embroider to. Usually I do Christmas pieces, with old fashioned Santas and forest animals etc...

I am working on a kitten one for my daughters room, but I better get cracking (it's been a few months since I touched it!) :-3

Thanks for sharing
A Karenina

X-Stitch

Post by A Karenina »

Lovely work, letha :) Thank you for sharing it with us.

Have you looked at the Lavender and Lace patterns for angels? They have a line of angels you might like. Try here.

I bought the summer, fall, winter, and spring patterns but have never had time to make them. One day...:)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Paula

X-Stitch

Post by Paula »

very nice....you needle stitch and come here too, you are a busy girl...nice. :-6
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
persephone

X-Stitch

Post by persephone »

Thank you for the praise. :-6

All the angels on here are Lavender and Lace, I don't pay for the packs and I often don't pay for the paterns, find all the free ones online, it can take a while to find ones that are to the standards of Lavender and Lace or Mirabilia but they all have freebie paterns hiden on their sites somewhere.

Then it's online again to order the silks etc. The beads are often difficult to get hold off.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
abbey

X-Stitch

Post by abbey »

Letha they are so very pretty you clever thing, i am so :yh_silly stupid i did'nt know that patterns were used to cross-stitch/ embroider :o
Celtor

X-Stitch

Post by Celtor »

I love to cross stitch! The Lavender & Lace designs are some of my favorites, especially the Celtic Seasons, which are on my ever-expanding list of designs to stitch! :D

Here are my two latest projects:

The peacock I did for myself, one is close-up and the other framed, and it was from a kit...really yucky thread in that kit, but it turned out pretty well and I definitely caught the bug hard.

The iris I did for my mother's birthday and I'm working on a few others that go along with it from a book called "A Cross Stitcher's Oriental Odyssey" by Joan Elliott...a really fabulous book if you like Oriental designs :)

Attached files
junethird

X-Stitch

Post by junethird »

I too love the art of cross stitch. I've done kits, patterns from the web and other sources. Now I'm into designing my own, and found you can download graph paper, free, from the net, that and a few colored pencils and I'm having a blast:-6
:-6 [/COLO[SBIZE=4][/SIZE]R] BLESSINGS, SARAH
PaulaH

X-Stitch

Post by PaulaH »

What lovely pictures, I've been stitching for 15 years now - my current project is a huge lighthouse which is driving me mad! My niece is expecting in February so I have to make a start on her baby's birth sampler soon, it's the 5th one in the family - talk about keeping me busy;)

Paula xx
neffy

X-Stitch

Post by neffy »

at the moment i love doing taperstry i get alot off ebay very cheap
The rottie queen

Return to “Needlecrafts”