what did Jesus look like, nxt Chptr

Discuss the Christian Faith.
Gabs

Post by Gabs »

PUZZLE.

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his little

girl, Shelby.

She wanted to know what the United States looked like.

Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed

the map of the country.

Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to Shelby, and said, "Go into

the other room and see if you can put this together. This will show you our

whole country today."

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map correctly

fitted together.

The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.

"Oh," she said, "on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I

got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then our country just came

together."

AMEN.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Cass

Post by Cass »

Cool Gabs! If little shelby could figure it out, anyone can. :)
koan

Post by koan »

I've read a theory that Jesus was exceptionally short and had a hunch back. The authors say that his image was made attractive so that it would be easier for the masses to "adore" him. Typically, good looks are essential for popular success. I don't think it really matters what he looked like. Like any good book. You read it and make up your own image of what the characters should look like and it always disappoints me when they put a picture on the cover. Then they make a movie and he is supposed to look like Willem Defoe or Mel Gibson.

What did Gandhi look like? Ben Kingsley
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by Koan

What did Gandhi look like? Ben Kingsley

Nope Ben Kingsley looks like Ghandi that's why he got the part.

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/ne ... &showgroup

posted by kash567

Jesus was just a man. Probably a perfect man, with straight black hair, brown skin, about 5'10, not a mighty man, like the depiction of Jesus in Brazil. One good place to look is in the prophecies of Muhammad, who claimed to have seen Jesus, on his mirage to heaven, and in dreams. According to one tradition it said that Muhammad told his followers, 'There is none closer to Jesus, son of Mary, than me,' or something to that effect. Also Muhammad said of Jesus, 'the best of the brown people' or something to that effect.

Does it matter? Safe bet he didn't have blue eyes.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

How dare you accuse the Italian Roman Catholic Church of doing anything but telling the truth and telling it like it was. Jesus couldn't have been the black man that you claim him to be because we all know Moses was the black man in question.

Jesus, being the cool dude that we know him to be, had, because he was all powerful and all knowing (omniscient), knew that the melanin in the skin created the colour of the persons skin. He opted out for bringing in his lifetime supply of U.V. resistant lotions, hence, the colour white. Not really white... more pinkish.

Anything other than this synopsis is pure fabrication too.
Cass

Post by Cass »

How many animals did Moses take on the ark?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

>>^..^ How many animals did Moses take on the ark?

3. That's why everybody is at odds today!
Cass

Post by Cass »

kensloft wrote: 3. That's why everybody is at odds today!
Actually, it was that dude Noah, with the ark... Moses did the Red Sea thing ;)
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

>>^..^ Actually, it was that dude Noah, with the ark... Moses did the Red Sea thing ;)

That does it! I am going back to Bible Class so that I don't get fooled again. You lied to me and I trusted you. Wah!
Cass

Post by Cass »

kensloft wrote: You lied to me and I trusted you. Wah!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Originally Posted by >>^..^

Can you imagine the headline. "Environmental activist proved right, global warming a reality after all."
Ted

Post by Ted »

Of course since we have no photo's or contemporary artists renditions of Yeshua of Nazareth we can on guess at what he looked like.

Shalom

Ted :-6
koan

Post by koan »

lesley wrote: jesus looks like ...lovexx

Great. Now we're getting somewhere. :confused:

Nice sentiment but not very helpful.
Paula

Post by Paula »

we will never know, he could have been a chinese man if all i know? no-one knows for sure, the paintings took so long to paint, :thinking: drinking wine, any portraits are not accurate.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Post by koan »

Paula :-6

Your signature finally cracked me up! Every time you change it it is lost "forever" so I'm letting people know what it was:

I just found Jesus. He was behind the couch!

Thanks for the chuckle.
Paula

Post by Paula »

ya, in the shape of cookie too. like that one! :wah:
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

I've had people say I look like Jesus?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: I've had people say I look like Jesus?

Do you also look like love? That could solve a couple of mysteries.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Do you also look like love? That could solve a couple of mysteries.

I don't know. All they said was that I looked like Jesus. Long hair gets that reaction from people. I wonder what they would've said if I'd had dreadlocks?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jesus most probably looked like Joe Cocker:p
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

capt_buzzard wrote: Jesus most probably looked like Joe Cocker:p
A black Joe Cocker.
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: A black Joe Cocker.
Funny enough, that is exactly what went through my head when I read the Capt.'s comment. Jinx?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Funny enough, that is exactly what went through my head when I read the Capt.'s comment. Jinx?
Not Jinx but jibe or jive.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

kensloft wrote: Not Jinx but jibe or jive.Would you prefer Steve Martin:wah:
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

Cass wrote: How many animals did Moses take on the ark?Ken, if it makes you feel any better, I would have fallen for it just like you. Trusting souls.

How many animals did Noah take on the ark? All of them!

I picture someone like Keanu Reeves, only more Jewish looking.
Look what the cat dragged in.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

woody Allen?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

telaquapacky wrote: Ken, if it makes you feel any better, I would have fallen for it just like you. Trusting souls.

How many animals did Noah take on the ark? All of them!

I picture someone like Keanu Reeves, only more Jewish looking.
Wasn't there the Ark of the Covenant?
Paula

Post by Paula »

capt_buzzard wrote: woody Allen?

Now thats a Good One. hahahaha
Lon

Post by Lon »

capt_buzzard wrote: Would you prefer Steve Martin:wah:

I have it on good authority that Jesus actually looked like Ringo Starr

BTW------Jesus may Save, but Moses Invests.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

capt_buzzard wrote: woody Allen?How about Bob Dylan?

kensloft wrote: Wasn't there an ark of the covenant?That used to be one important piece of furniture! I've heard it was hidden by the prophet Jeremiah in a cave in Mount Nebo before Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem. Chuck Missler (who has said a lot of very interesting and probably true other things) has a theory that it was buried under the hill of Calvary, and Jesus blood trickled down through a crack to it when He was crucified- a story I think is goofy. I don't think we'll ever see the old ark again- Jeremiah says somewhere that we don't need it anymore.

I believe the real ark is the throne of God. Jesus stands before the Father on His throne at this moment pleading our cases in the final judgment.

There's a description of what Jesus looks like now, in Revelation 1:13-16

"And among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."

I saw Bob Dylan in Bakersfield a couple of years ago. He didn't look like that.
Look what the cat dragged in.
koan

Post by koan »

kalanu wrote: Two of those considered unclean, and seven of those considered clean.
Just keep it up, kalanu. Why do you think you know more than everyone else? If you want to be heard you talk to people not at them.

Do you look like Jesus too?

Neither black nor white...how convenient.
Paula

Post by Paula »

plants, flowers, veggies, this is the first time for tropical fruit. :lips:
koan

Post by koan »

kalanu wrote: Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.

What makes you suggest you know what I think? Your impression that I talk 'at' people is yours.

As for 'just keep it up, kalanu'.......you are suggesting ... what?

Newsflash. I'm the moderator in Religion and Beliefs forums. I don't edit posts, unless extremely foul, but I DO keep an eye on people being open minded and engaging in fair conversation. On a number of threads around here I have found you arrogant and disrespectful.

You may think I'm nobody and in the "big picture" I would agree with you (perhaps one of our differences in attitude) but on these forums and right now, I am doing my job.

If you would like to refer to me as "young lady" again try to do it in a way that sounds less condescending.
Ted

Post by Ted »

koan :-6

I was a moderator on another forum for almost two years. For what it's worth I think you are doing a good job.

Shalom

kensloft

Post by kensloft »

kalanu wrote: Solomon was mostly black, since his mother was. As for Moses? He was of the Israel semitic race.

Christ was a semite, neither black nor white.

Here is a description of him by the prophet Isaiah:

Isa 53:1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, no [physical] beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

As for the Roman Catholic Church telling the truth? If you mean doctrinal truth, I'd like to see some.

Heh. Ha-ha-ha-ha!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

kalanu wrote: Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.

What makes you suggest you know what I think? Your impression that I talk 'at' people is yours.

As for 'just keep it up, kalanu'.......you are suggesting ... what?

I think she is saying that you are full of yourself!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Newsflash. I'm the moderator in Religion and Beliefs forums. I don't edit posts, unless extremely foul, but I DO keep an eye on people being open minded and engaging in fair conversation. On a number of threads around here I have found you arrogant and disrespectful.

You may think I'm nobody and in the "big picture" I would agree with you (perhaps one of our differences in attitude) but on these forums and right now, I am doing my job.

If you would like to refer to me as "young lady" again try to do it in a way that sounds less condescending.
Woo-Hoo!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Ted wrote: koan :-6

I was a moderator on another forum for almost two years. For what it's worth I think you are doing a good job.

Shalom

Think?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Koan, i'm glad its you and not me dealing with these "godly" issues. I have been watching and you have a real pineapple on your hands. i mean you are juggling between fantasy & mystery in the produce section. :yh_glasse
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

kalanu wrote: You keep telling me what you think I think, or may think, and I don't have to think that this is impossible, I know it for fact.

It is your opinion that I am arrogant and disrespectful. I suggest you let it occur to you that you are not familiar with my approach, which is to the point and using as few words as possible, and are, therefore, compelled to call it what you think it is. And all this by virtue of this little job you have and your abilitiy to be objective and open to the truth that folks just do things differently. A few moments of introspection right about now would be of benefit to you.

As for being less condescending, I couldn't be less.

What you have made very clear is that this is no place for a 'to the point' person, you can't handle it, so you deal with it in your little way.
koan is too nice to call you arrogant but I will. You are arrogant!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I didn't tell God, Kalanu you attacked me with your first post. i knew from the start stay clear from this one.You are not understandable and i think you may be..........your interests here explain about you. Expand, let go, other people need help too. Too much Chive in the garden over-rules.
koan

Post by koan »

kalanu wrote: You keep telling me what you think I think, or may think, and I don't have to think that this is impossible, I know it for fact.

It is your opinion that I am arrogant and disrespectful. I suggest you let it occur to you that you are not familiar with my approach, which is to the point and using as few words as possible, and are, therefore, compelled to call it what you think it is. And all this by virtue of this little job you have and your abilitiy to be objective and open to the truth that folks just do things differently. A few moments of introspection right about now would be of benefit to you.

As for being less condescending, I couldn't be less.

What you have made very clear is that this is no place for a 'to the point' person, you can't handle it, so you deal with it in your little way.

Gosh Golly!!!

I had a really tough day and I come home to read this. And I still didn't edit it. Guess I'm "bigger" than I thought I was.

I do not consider my job here to be "little" this is a wonderful forum and I plan on keeping it that way. I think you are the one who needs to go back and read the bible again in an unbiased way. I am trying to let you know not just how I perceive you but how others are likely, and seemingly, perceiving you as well. If you intend to sound spiritual...YOU DO NOT. You are annoying people. Please behave yourself. If you do not agree with my perception of you take a look at some other recent member posts. Get along or leave. There is no tolerance among our members for vanity and superiority complexes. I'm sure there are other forums that don't mind this. Go find them.

Return to “Christianity”