Am I just WAY too suspicious?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

OK, gang, I'm looking for some opinion here.

My son's best friend is Josh and he has had a lot of problems lately, among them; his father has been removed from the home for the physical abuse of the kids and the mom.

Last week, Josh's house burned.

Apparently, the mother had decided to get rid of the family dog. One of the younger boys had been very cruel to it, (acting out, I'm sure) and Mom just couldn't take it anymore. She figured that the best way to do this would be to have the father come during the day and get the dog while the kids were in school. The dog had been locked in a cage in the basement, and the dad went to get it to stay with him till they found a home for it. One hour later the house was burning, and the fire was determined to have started in the basement.

Am I seriously jumping to conclusions about suspecting the father? I've met the man and to be honest, the hair on my arms stood on end. Of course, having a history of knowing abusive men and what they are capable of, I worry that I am biased, and looking to blame the father without cause. What do all of you think?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Post by Jives »

(Jives' hair stands on end!) Yikes!!!

No way are you being too paranoid. Trust your instincts! You are probably using information that you have gained subconciously in many ways.

And you say this guy's son is your son's best friend? He (the boy) isn't having a negative impact on yor son is he?

The only reason I ask is because I have seen many, many good kids go right down the tubes because of one negative peer impact.

I, myself, went from straight A student to jailbird in one summer when I was 16, thanks to a "friend". For some reason, when this guy would say, "Let's go out and do something stupid" all my training and common sense went right out the window and I'd find myself going "uh huh uh huh, yeah yeah! stupid!" :-2
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Thanks for your concern, Jives. I know a bit about your experience with kids and take what you say very seriously. I have an eagle eye on this friendship and the boy my son is friends with. They both spend time with me, and my son's friend is a good kid. And he's 15 and in a situation where that can change quickly. My son and I talk about the situation a bit and his biggest concern is being there to help his friend. I am definitely keeping eyes and ears WIDE open.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i would certainly be calling for an arson investigation. you'd be amazed at what they can reconstruct. i would bet the police have called in the fire marshall.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

tmbsgrl wrote: I think you are right to question the father. I sure as H*ll would be. He sounds like a creepy man.. Where are the boy and the rest of his family? Are the police leaning toward the father? If they got him on Domestic violence why was he ouot of jail? Shouldn't he have been locked up until the court date? Sorry so many questions. But like i said you are right.. trust you insticts..

The boy and his family are being put up in a hotel. Insurance has covered them, and the church is helping out, too.

Whether or not the police are looking hard at the dad, I'm not sure, but the investigation is still going on.

It's common practice here in Michigan to remove the person accused of violence till the court date is set. They can be out on bond, they just can't go to their home, till the case is resolved in court.

And LC, I do believe the fire Marshall has been called. Obviously the police are aware of the domestic situation, and I have no doubt that they will determine exactly how the fire started.

(P.S. LC, Where the heck has Cassie been?)
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

BabyRider wrote: Apparently, the mother had decided to get rid of the family dog. One of the younger boys had been very cruel to it, (acting out, I'm sure) and Mom just couldn't take it anymore. She figured that the best way to do this would be to have the father come during the day and get the dog while the kids were in school. The dog had been locked in a cage in the basement, and the dad went to get it to stay with him till they found a home for it. One hour later the house was burning, and the fire was determined to have started in the basement.

Wow, so many questions: Who owns the house? Mother filing for divorce? Mother had no other option than letting this creep into the house? No father, brother, brother in law, friend ?? Was mother home when dog was removed? If creep was removed under court order, is'nt he in violation by removing dog? If so, why is he not locked up? Do these two have more concern for the dog, than the kids?

Poor kids-- must have no sense of security, or trust for adults left Grrrrrr :-5
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Der Wulf wrote: Wow, so many questions: Who owns the house? Mother filing for divorce? Mother had no other option than letting this creep into the house? No father, brother, brother in law, friend ?? Was mother home when dog was removed? If creep was removed under court order, is'nt he in violation by removing dog? If so, why is he not locked up? Do these two have more concern for the dog, than the kids?

Poor kids-- must have no sense of security, or trust for adults left Grrrrrr :-5
I'm sorry, DerWulf, my vagueness is a sign of lack of sleep. Mother and father are attempting to keep things as normal as possible in front of the kids. I am passing along the information that I have, which is most likely incomplete, as far as the situation between mom and dad is concerned.

Both parents are still named on the house, and mom is not planning on divorce just yet. They decided together that him taking the dog would be best for now, and yes, he is in violation of the court order by being there, whether there is anyone home or not. But the mom would have had to report him having been there, and since she asked him to go get the dog, she would not have reported it. And as far as their concern for the dog or kids, I know that mom's concern is for the children but she did not want her younger son to have access to the dog he was so cruel to. As for the dad, his concern is obvious: No one but himself.

This family has MANY issues going on, and I have big doubts about how well mom is holding up, but she does have support, through the church and some good friends. She doesn't talk to me about it, I get this information from her son, or my son.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

lady cop wrote: i would certainly be calling for an arson investigation. you'd be amazed at what they can reconstruct. i would bet the police have called in the fire marshall.

No kidding Lady Cop. Leave it to you for coming up with the right solution!

I agree!

xxxxooo

mama

Return to “Members' News”