I'm a soul man!

digitalfog

I'm a soul man!

Post by digitalfog »

I agree with the above posts. My friends accuse me of being stuck in the 70's. I like and still like the pop rock and rock of the 70's. Styx, Boston, Kansas, ELO, "the one hit wonders", Elton John, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, etc.

Some people don't like 70's era music. I can't stand rap. I couldn't stand disco.

These artists were the only things that helped me get through the many disco years. :D

I like the new music of today as well. Partly because many of the new "rock", "metal", and "progressive" artists are basically remaking the sounds and beats of the many great bands that preceded them.

The Motown era was fabulous. I currently really like the hard rock and metal bands of today as well. Oh, and yes, I listen to artists like Avril and N'Sync, and the Backstreet Boys because my little ones like those songs. I do too!

(No throwing chairs at me!)
Webmaster: Digitalfog Gallery
anastrophe

I'm a soul man!

Post by anastrophe »

i guess i'm in the minority. i like some rap. i like techno pop.

of course, i also like the Rolling Stones (Exile on Main Street and earlier!), Bartok, Miles Davis, Elton John, Elvis Costello, Balinese monkey chants, Mahler, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Leo Kottke, Vivaldi, Warren Zevon, John Lee Hooker, Dean Martin, Andrews Segovia, Philip Glass, Brahms, Sam & Dave, Liz Phair, and i guess a few thousand others.

:D :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

I'm a soul man!

Post by Tombstone »

the definition of eclectic!

anastrophe wrote: i guess i'm in the minority. i like some rap. i like techno pop.

of course, i also like the Rolling Stones (Exile on Main Street and earlier!), Bartok, Miles Davis, Elton John, Elvis Costello, Balinese monkey chants, Mahler, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Leo Kottke, Vivaldi, Warren Zevon, John Lee Hooker, Dean Martin, Andrews Segovia, Philip Glass, Brahms, Sam & Dave, Liz Phair, and i guess a few thousand others.

:D :D
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

I'm a soul man!

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yeah I like some of those you mentioned above.

Return to “General Music”