Selling their bodies for fashion

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Here's a shocker: I put a lot of blame on the parents. They are complicit.

Obviously there are a few negative things going on in these "good families". (What does this "good families" mean? No felonies? Neighbors haven't accused them of running a crack house? )

1. The parents are obviously absent. No excuse for that. I don't care if the parents EACH have two jobs. There is no excuse for keeping your eyes closed and not engaging your kids.

2. The kids were raised devoid of any values. Obviously no role-models at home. It is not possible to debase yourself more than these kids have. They have absolutely no respect for themselves or any intellectual chops to think through what the long term effects could be. (STD's, AIDS, victims of violent crime, drug use, the list goes on.) Thanks for the moral compass Mom and Dad!

3. These kids should have after school jobs. Need money? They learn that they need to work a real job for it. If not that, they should belong to some kind of after-school activity to keep them busy. If they are busy with sports or academia, they hardly have the time or *inclination to do tricks in the Mall.

That's how I see it.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Some of the worst behaved children come from wealthy homes.

Again, it doesn't have to do with money or fame. It has to do with parental responsibility.

The wealthy kids who run into trouble are the ones who are never expected to have any responsibilities.

I would drop a hint to your friend who is having his kid(s) run amuck. Friends warn each other of impending disasters. Hey, this may be a good topic over on the friendship forums. :)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Societal Issues News”