what fruit did you have today?

Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

Mango, apple and banana.

Odie

Post by Odie »

Fyrenza;1075346 wrote: Mango, apple and banana.

I tried a mango once, it was awful, then some said I didn't choose it right!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

Blueberry Scone

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1075163 wrote: so far a glass of orange/peach/mango juice. will eat grapefruit fresh off the tree. later.

you have grapefruit fresh right off the tree?:-5:-5

any idea just how expensive it is here?:-5:-5
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

Raisin cinnimon toast :D

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

just picked a couple oranges. sure are sweet;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1078985 wrote: just picked a couple oranges. sure are sweet;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

a wrotten tangerine!:lips:
southern yankee

Odie;1079222 wrote: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:-5:-5 but you know i really miss. Cherries and Mich. apples. can't grow either here:(:( Use to drive to Mich. in the fall and go apple. picking. YUM:-4:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1079258 wrote: but you know i really miss. Cherries and Mich. apples. can't grow either here:(:( Use to drive to Mich. in the fall and go apple. picking. YUM:-4:-4

o.k...........we have fresh Ontario apples!:yh_silent:yh_rotfl
southern yankee

Odie;1079272 wrote: o.k...........we have fresh Ontario apples!:yh_silent:yh_rotflAre they tart or sweet. I LOVE TART:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

raisins in my mincemet tarts!:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

madarin oranges in a bowl, mmmmmmmmmmm, sweet!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Idgie;1140724 wrote: ruby red grapefruit

oh gosh, my favorite grapefruit.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Humm, didn't eat any fruits today. Talked with a few though. Does that count? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1140782 wrote: Humm, didn't eat any fruits today. Talked with a few though. Does that count? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

blueberry muffin!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lon

Post by Lon »

Fresh pineapple and strawberries for breakfast with yogurt.
Odie

Post by Odie »

banana, an orange............
Odie

Post by Odie »

lemon meringue pie!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

JAB;1142785 wrote: I just had a navel orange. They were on sale at the grocery store - 8lb bag for $3.99. :D

nornies are the best!
Odie

Post by Odie »

an orange and a banana
Odie

Post by Odie »

I had a peach........wow, was it hard!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

tomato
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1163580 wrote: tomato

that's a vegetable.........your out!:D
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

So far: Small apple X2. Currants, sultanas, a few grapes, tomatoes, sweet pepper (latter two cooked).
G-man

Post by G-man »

Odie;1163651 wrote: that's a vegetable.........your out!:D

Since when? :p

I had grapefruit, pomegranate, blueberry, papaya and pineapple juice so far today.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I had an apple flavored lollypop...does that count?:thinking:
G-man

Post by G-man »

qsducks;1163898 wrote: I had an apple flavored lollypop...does that count?:thinking:

Depends on whether the apple flavour actually came from fruit or not... :p

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

G-man;1163916 wrote: Depends on whether the apple flavour actually came from fruit or not... :p

I am outta fruit and just about everything at this point.:mad:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Originally Posted by Nomad

tomato

Odie;1163651 wrote: that's a vegetable.........your out!:D

To really figure out if a tomato is a fruit or vegetable, you need to know what makes a fruit a fruit, and a vegetable a vegetable. The big question to ask is, DOES IT HAVE SEEDS? If the answer is yes, then technically, you have a FRUIT. This, of course, makes your tomato a fruit. It also makes cucumbers, squash, green beans and walnuts all fruits as well. VEGETABLES such as, radishes, celery, carrots, and lettuce do NOT have seeds (that are part of what we eat) and so they are grouped as vegetables. Now don't go looking for tomatoes next to the oranges in your grocery stores; fruits like tomatoes and green beans are usually (alas, incorrectly) referred to as "vegetables" in most grocery stores and cookbooks.

NOW YOU KNOW!

pbbbtthhhh
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1163961 wrote: To really figure out if a tomato is a fruit or vegetable, you need to know what makes a fruit a fruit, and a vegetable a vegetable. The big question to ask is, DOES IT HAVE SEEDS? If the answer is yes, then technically, you have a FRUIT. This, of course, makes your tomato a fruit. It also makes cucumbers, squash, green beans and walnuts all fruits as well. VEGETABLES such as, radishes, celery, carrots, and lettuce do NOT have seeds (that are part of what we eat) and so they are grouped as vegetables. Now don't go looking for tomatoes next to the oranges in your grocery stores; fruits like tomatoes and green beans are usually (alas, incorrectly) referred to as "vegetables" in most grocery stores and cookbooks.

NOW YOU KNOW!

pbbbtthhhh

I was just about to correct her on this. Remember when the Reagan Admin. wanted tomatoes defined as fruit or was that ketchup?:wah: Duh, it is a fruit.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Strawberry...yogurt. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1163961 wrote: To really figure out if a tomato is a fruit or vegetable, you need to know what makes a fruit a fruit, and a vegetable a vegetable. The big question to ask is, DOES IT HAVE SEEDS? If the answer is yes, then technically, you have a FRUIT. This, of course, makes your tomato a fruit. It also makes cucumbers, squash, green beans and walnuts all fruits as well. VEGETABLES such as, radishes, celery, carrots, and lettuce do NOT have seeds (that are part of what we eat) and so they are grouped as vegetables. Now don't go looking for tomatoes next to the oranges in your grocery stores; fruits like tomatoes and green beans are usually (alas, incorrectly) referred to as "vegetables" in most grocery stores and cookbooks.

NOW YOU KNOW!

pbbbtthhhh

okay spock fine, you win, your back in the game.

but just remember, I'm watching you!:sneaky::D
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Didn't. Opps. :o
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Cute sun ya got there Sunshine, cute avatar too. :-6

In the school I work in every single child has a piece of fruit every single day. There are normally 2 or 3 choices each day and the varied selection includes bananas, apples, satsumas, pears, tomatoes and carrots. The staff are also allowed a piece of fruit as it encourages the children to try it if they see you eating it and enjoying it too. Unfortunately we are in a relatively poor area and the children often aren't given any fruit at home (the parents prefer to spend their benefits on fags and booze and big cars - I can't afford any of these! :-5 It's an unfair world! lol)

However, the school has to pay for all this fruit out of its own pocket and we've recently been told that we cannot afford to continue giving fruit without contributions from parents. A handful of parents do help. The school has over 300 children. Even with 2 or maybe 3 kids per family in school, thats still a limited number of parents! :-5

Soon it will only be Key Stage 1 children who are allowed fruit. That is the Reception Class children, aged 4-5, and Year 1 children, aged 5-6. All the Year 2 to Year 6 kids will have to go without. :-1 That's all the 6 to 11 year olds. It's such a shame! When they were first given fruit a lot of kids were skeptical about eating it as they didn't really know what it was like and they thought they wouldn't like it! However, now they love their fruit and really look forward to eating it and enjoying it each day. It will be such a shame when it has to end! :(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

My daughter & I saw some guy walking down the street today and she declared him "a fruit":yh_rotfl. Yah, he was worth it.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Odie;1164041 wrote: okay spock fine, you win, your back in the game.

but just remember, I'm watching you!:sneaky::D

Don't let him get away with that weak ass argument!!! Now get back in there and fight for your beliefs, Odie! Bring up the "But, it grows on a stalk... argument", the food pyramid, and the US Supreme Court! :D

Odie

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1164174 wrote: Cute sun ya got there Sunshine, cute avatar too. :-6

In the school I work in every single child has a piece of fruit every single day. There are normally 2 or 3 choices each day and the varied selection includes bananas, apples, satsumas, pears, tomatoes and carrots. The staff are also allowed a piece of fruit as it encourages the children to try it if they see you eating it and enjoying it too. Unfortunately we are in a relatively poor area and the children often aren't given any fruit at home (the parents prefer to spend their benefits on fags and booze and big cars - I can't afford any of these! :-5 It's an unfair world! lol)

However, the school has to pay for all this fruit out of its own pocket and we've recently been told that we cannot afford to continue giving fruit without contributions from parents. A handful of parents do help. The school has over 300 children. Even with 2 or maybe 3 kids per family in school, thats still a limited number of parents! :-5

Soon it will only be Key Stage 1 children who are allowed fruit. That is the Reception Class children, aged 4-5, and Year 1 children, aged 5-6. All the Year 2 to Year 6 kids will have to go without. :-1 That's all the 6 to 11 year olds. It's such a shame! When they were first given fruit a lot of kids were skeptical about eating it as they didn't really know what it was like and they thought they wouldn't like it! However, now they love their fruit and really look forward to eating it and enjoying it each day. It will be such a shame when it has to end! :(

to me, there is no reason why parents cannot help out.....so simple, send a piece of fruit in each day for their child.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Odie;1164202 wrote: to me, there is no reason why parents cannot help out.....so simple, send a piece of fruit in each day for their child.

you'd think so wouldn't you?

sadly the majority of 'em are incredibly selfish! :-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

G-man;1164199 wrote: Don't let him get away with that weak ass argument!!! Now get back in there and fight for your beliefs, Odie! Bring up the "But, it grows on a stalk... argument", the food pyramid, and the US Supreme Court! :D

darn right G-man!:sneaky:

Tomato - Fruit or Vegetable?

Produce OASIS Tip of the Day

August 22 - Is the Tomato a Fruit or Vegetable?

In 1893 , the Supreme Court ruled that the tomato must be considered a vegetable, even though, botanically, it is a fruit. Because vegetables and fruits were subject to different import duties, it was necessary to define it as one or the other. So, tomatoes were declared to be a vegetable given that it was commonly eaten as one. (Source: The Packer, 6/9/90)

so there!
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I can't seem to find out the story about schools using ketchup as a vegetable in their school lunch program but I think it was overturned.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

sponge bob cheez it fruit.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I had some grapes and a banana. Maybe an apple later after dinner. :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1165717 wrote: I had some grapes and a banana. Maybe an apple later after dinner. :D

good girl!
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Sunshine;1165717 wrote: I had some grapes and a banana. Maybe an apple later after dinner. :DFructose Metabolism By The Brain Increases Food Intake And Obesity, Review Suggests Bananas and grapes are probably the worst fruits for increasing weight.

While a low intake of fruit is natural, the human body did not evolve with access to daily fruit availability. Since we started farming the selection process has meant the fruits we now have readily available are far sweeter, larger and contain more calories and more fructose than ever before.

Eating those vegetables that grow above ground and eating a limited amount of fruit is far healthier than concentrating on fruit. Our bodies didn't evolve with a requirement for regular fruit intake. Eating fruit would have occurred seasonally and the propensity to stuff with fruit in Autumn to put on a store of fat to improve winter survival would have been advantageous but the current obsession with fructose is actually adding to the obesity epidemic.
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

I had a couple glasses of orange juice and two bananas for breakfast :)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”