Ghost Stories

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

Okay its October now, and many peoples thoughts this time of year go to Halloween! :cool:

So who believes in ghosts?

Who's got some good ghost stories?

I've grown up around that kind of thing because my granny always claimed that she could see ghosts ever since she was a little girl. She would always be telling stories about things she had seen, so it was part of everyday life for me! I think the southern United States has a lot of ghost stories in it! :wah: we are a superstitious bunch! :wah: but i would love to hear yours! :cool:
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

Ian;1003574 wrote: When we die I believe that we spend a while here before we go to the new world,

The Tibetan book of the dead suggest this also, I think the dead stay for roughly the same time as it takes for a fetus to grow, I know this is true because I've seen it, when someone dies who is close to you or you respect you should always burn a candle or put their picture onto the Internet, it is really good for the dead :)

well i know a short time after my dad died, i was in the bed, really sick, and my granny said she saw him come into my room and sit down at the foot of my bed!
Carolly

Ghost Stories

Post by Carolly »

I would be here all day typing on this subject and bore the pants off everyone so I will cut it down lol.

I had a big spiritual experience some years ago....massive infact and to this day the thoughts are with me all the time.It happened in the middle of the night and I didn't see anything but my goodness did I feel it.From that moment things were happening that stunned even strangers....I knew about people I was meeting even though I had never met them before....every time I got near my tele or anybody elses it would change channels....when I went to check outs the tills would stop working....Spiritual poetry was coming to me in the middle of the night keeping me awake most of the night (and yet the energy I had in the day was incredible).....upto that point I had never even looked at a poem....some of you may have seen some of the poems I wrote....some I will never show as I believe they were for my eyes only.The biggest feeling was the love I felt....it was the most amazing feeling.....a love so deep that.even to this day brings tears to me eyes thinking about it.I felt this presence with me and I didnt want it to go.One day I was visiting somebody....I had left my car on their drive and from where I sat in their room I could see the car as my dogs were left in there.I was about half an hour.Upon my return I found something I had in my glove department at all times.....my late mothers picture on my seat and unless my dogs could have opened the department....looked through all the papers there and sorted it out....put it on my seat and then shut the department up again...only one thing could explain this but having everything else happening at that time I just smiled and said.......so its you mum is it;):-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

Carolly;1003581 wrote: I would be here all day typing on this subject and bore the pants off everyone so I will cut it down lol.

I had a big spiritual experience some years ago....massive infact and to this day the thoughts are with me all the time.It happened in the middle of the night and I didn't see anything but my goodness did I feel it.From that moment things were happening that stunned even strangers....I knew about people I was meeting even though I had never met them before....every time I got near my tele or anybody elses it would change channels....when I went to check outs the tills would stop working....Spiritual poetry was coming to me in the middle of the night keeping me awake most of the night (and yet the energy I had in the day was incredible).....upto that point I had never even looked at a poem....some of you may have seen some of the poems I wrote....some I will never show as I believe they were for my eyes only.The biggest feeling was the love I felt....it was the most amazing feeling.....a love so deep that.even to this day brings tears to me eyes thinking about it.I felt this presence with me and I didnt want it to go.One day I was visiting somebody....I had left my car on their drive and from where I sat in their room I could see the car as my dogs were left in there.I was about half an hour.Upon my return I found something I had in my glove department at all times.....my late mothers picture on my seat and unless my dogs could have opened the department....looked through all the papers there and sorted it out....put it on my seat and then shut the department up again...only one thing could explain this but having everything else happening at that time I just smiled and said.......so its you mum is it;):-4

oh Carol! that is a wonderful story! :-4

i've never seen anything either, but like you i have felt some things!

i know there was a presence in my in-laws house for a while some years ago, i could feel it whenever i would go there, some others in the family could too!

it always just seemed to be around watching, i would always feel it behind me, i would have to keep turning around and looking because it would feel like someone was watching me! then one day it just disappeared.
Carolly

Ghost Stories

Post by Carolly »

Ian;1003596 wrote: That is a guarantee Hope, harder to see but always felt.Good words Ian and so true.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

Ghost Stories

Post by Carolly »

Ian.....lovely story.....lovely;)
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

Ian;1003596 wrote: That is a guarantee Hope, harder to see but always felt.

thank you Ian, i have always felt like he has been with me at times!

its very comforting!
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

One thing i have always wondered about!

My granny saw what she referred to as ghosts all her life, shortly before she died, she started seeing this woman, she would just appear and stand there, sometimes she appeared outside and then she would go into the house and disappear. Granny got to scared to stay at home so she moved in with my aunt. After Granny got sick, my aunt woke up one night to see a woman matching the same description standing beside her bed! My granny died not long after that.

I've always wondered who that was? Was it the angel of death? or maybe someone coming to make the trip to the other side with her? I've always wondered about that!
Milly

Ghost Stories

Post by Milly »

I've already discussed my seeing my granddad in another thread, so I'll just copy and paste that over to here ;)

I was 14 years old, my granddad had been living with us due to him having stomach cancer, he was extremely ill and the closest I've ever been to anybody my whole life..... I loved him dearly....

One night I'd gone to bed as normal, I woke in the early hours to find my granddad sat on my bed stroking my hair, he'd often do that if I was upset or just wanted a chat so I wasn't at all surprised to see him, but I was a little angry because he'd woken me up LOL.....

Anyways.... he told me to be sure to tell my dad something in the morning "tell him yourself!" I said..... he said he'd prefer it if I just told him that everythings going to be OK... the job he'd applied for... he'd get it and we'd be fine. (dad had been out of work for years)... I was tired and agreed and went back off to sleep with my granddad still stroking my hair....

The next morning I came down to find my dad head in hands on the stairs.... he looked sad and I wanted to cheer him up so I passed on the message from granddad.... He just stood there staring at me.... mum shouted at me and told me not to be silly... I had no clue what they were on about....

They then sat me down and told me my granddad had taken seriously ill during the night, he passed away whilst being treated at the hospital at the exact time I claimed he came to me.....

whilst we were talking the phone rang.... My dad got the job......

I had no clue my granddad was taken to hospital that night...... I do know he was in my room though.....
Click here to read FOC thread part 1

qsducks

Ghost Stories

Post by qsducks »

The house we live in had two people (father/daughter) commit suicide. We can hear somebody walking down the hallway at night and go down the steps and into the kitchen. Checked a gazillion times and nobody is there. We believe it's the daughter. The father hung himself in the basement and every once in awhile it feels like somebody is looking at you, but not all the time. Whatever it is, it steals your car keys:):mad:
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

One night I was laying in bed unable to sleep as always. I always wear a ponytail to bed so the fan doesn't blow my hair in my face. Well, I was facing the fan and all of a sudden my ponytail, which was behind me, lifted up toward the fan and was put in the headboard opening. Other times I thought my hubby was coming into bed with me because I could feel the movement on the bed. I said "hi baby" and looked over and there was no one there. I even got up and checked to see what hubby was doing, and he'd be asleep on the couch!
qsducks

Ghost Stories

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;1004281 wrote: One night I was laying in bed unable to sleep as always. I always wear a ponytail to bed so the fan doesn't blow my hair in my face. Well, I was facing the fan and all of a sudden my ponytail, which was behind me, lifted up toward the fan and was put in the headboard opening. Other times I thought my hubby was coming into bed with me because I could feel the movement on the bed. I said "hi baby" and looked over and there was no one there. I even got up and checked to see what hubby was doing, and he'd be asleep on the couch!

Does your house have a friendly/playful spirit?
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

scouse;1004246 wrote: I've already discussed my seeing my granddad in another thread, so I'll just copy and paste that over to here ;)

I was 14 years old, my granddad had been living with us due to him having stomach cancer, he was extremely ill and the closest I've ever been to anybody my whole life..... I loved him dearly....

One night I'd gone to bed as normal, I woke in the early hours to find my granddad sat on my bed stroking my hair, he'd often do that if I was upset or just wanted a chat so I wasn't at all surprised to see him, but I was a little angry because he'd woken me up LOL.....

Anyways.... he told me to be sure to tell my dad something in the morning "tell him yourself!" I said..... he said he'd prefer it if I just told him that everythings going to be OK... the job he'd applied for... he'd get it and we'd be fine. (dad had been out of work for years)... I was tired and agreed and went back off to sleep with my granddad still stroking my hair....

The next morning I came down to find my dad head in hands on the stairs.... he looked sad and I wanted to cheer him up so I passed on the message from granddad.... He just stood there staring at me.... mum shouted at me and told me not to be silly... I had no clue what they were on about....

They then sat me down and told me my granddad had taken seriously ill during the night, he passed away whilst being treated at the hospital at the exact time I claimed he came to me.....

whilst we were talking the phone rang.... My dad got the job......

I had no clue my granddad was taken to hospital that night...... I do know he was in my room though.....

i'm sure he was in your room, i believe people can contact us if they want too! :cool:
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

qsducks;1004248 wrote: The house we live in had two people (father/daughter) commit suicide. We can hear somebody walking down the hallway at night and go down the steps and into the kitchen. Checked a gazillion times and nobody is there. We believe it's the daughter. The father hung himself in the basement and every once in awhile it feels like somebody is looking at you, but not all the time. Whatever it is, it steals your car keys:):mad:

thats the way it was for a while at my in-laws house, there was a presence there at one time, it always felt like someone was watching you!
qsducks

Ghost Stories

Post by qsducks »

Hope6;1004293 wrote: thats the way it was for a while at my in-laws house, there was a presence there at one time, it always felt like someone was watching you!

It's just once in awhile, but we hear the daughter all the time and she takes the keys. Very annoying. Of course when we were at the beach the key problem was not a problem. Came home and the keys disappeared:wah:
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;1004302 wrote: It's just once in awhile, but we hear the daughter all the time and she takes the keys. Very annoying. Of course when we were at the beach the key problem was not a problem. Came home and the keys disappeared:wah:

She likes you and doesn't want you to leave. :-6
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

qsducks;1004302 wrote: It's just once in awhile, but we hear the daughter all the time and she takes the keys. Very annoying. Of course when we were at the beach the key problem was not a problem. Came home and the keys disappeared:wah:

whatever was in my in-laws house was there for a while, then it just disappeared! :confused:
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;1004323 wrote: She likes you and doesn't want you to leave. :-6

sounds like she likes them being there! :-6
qsducks

Ghost Stories

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;1004323 wrote: She likes you and doesn't want you to leave. :-6

I just purposely put my keys on the pass through in the kitchen. We'll see:wah: Nah, from what I've heard from the neighbors was she was off her rocker and would scream out the windows at people, drive her car like a maniac and then one day she up and went out and bought some gasoline, went upstairs and drank it.

The weird part is her mother didn't notice for 2 days! This house is not that big and so she called my neighbor and he discovered the body. Horrifying is what he called it.
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;1004286 wrote: Does your house have a friendly/playful spirit?

I'm not sure who or what it is. I've been in my home for 20yrs and bought it from the original owner. I believe her husband died here and she died shortly after she moved...she sure didn't seem the playful type. This only started a couple of years ago too, which is strange. :thinking::thinking:
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;1004333 wrote: I just purposely put my keys on the pass through in the kitchen. We'll see:wah: Nah, from what I've heard from the neighbors was she was off her rocker and would scream out the windows at people, drive her car like a maniac and then one day she up and went out and bought some gasoline, went upstairs and drank it.

The weird part is her mother didn't notice for 2 days! This house is not that big and so she called my neighbor and he discovered the body. Horrifying is what he called it.

Sounds like you pay more attention to her than her mother did.
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;1004337 wrote: I'm not sure who or what it is. I've been in my home for 20yrs and bought it from the original owner. I believe her husband died here and she died shortly after she moved...she sure didn't seem the playful type. This only started a couple of years ago too, which is strange. :thinking::thinking:

have you bought any antique furniture or any old items?

sometimes spirits will come with those types of things.
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

Hope6;1004347 wrote: have you bought any antique furniture or any old items?

sometimes spirits will come with those types of things.

WOW! You just hit it on the head Hope. There was this old lady we helped take care of at her apartment...sweet lady and could be fiesty. She died 2 years ago this month, we were the ones that found her when we couldn't get in touch with her for 2 days, and we "inherited" a lot of antiques and her favorite jewelry and her jewelry and jewelry boxes are on my headboard. It must be Marilyn.
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;1004362 wrote: WOW! You just hit it on the head Hope. There was this old lady we helped take care of at her apartment...sweet lady and could be fiesty. She died 2 years ago this month, we were the ones that found her when we couldn't get in touch with her for 2 days, and we "inherited" a lot of antiques and her favorite jewelry and her jewelry and jewelry boxes are on my headboard. It must be Marilyn.

i thought it might be something like that!

one of my aunts got a living roon set from somewhere and she tried to sleep on the sofa one night and everytime she would go to sleep something would push her off into the floor! :wah: it seems somebody didn't want her sleeping on it! :wah::wah:
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

to continue my grannys story that i was telling on here earlier. After she died they began to hear footsteps in the house and when a friend of the family tried to sleep in the room that granny stayed in, they woke up to see a little old lady matching her description in the room!

this continued until my aunt took the mattress from that bed outside, set fire to it and burned it up, they never heard anything else!
shelbell

Ghost Stories

Post by shelbell »

Hope6;1006348 wrote: i thought it might be something like that!

one of my aunts got a living roon set from somewhere and she tried to sleep on the sofa one night and everytime she would go to sleep something would push her off into the floor! :wah: it seems somebody didn't want her sleeping on it! :wah::wah:

Spooky! :wah:
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;1006380 wrote: Spooky! :wah:

yeah i thought it was very spooky! :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Ghost Stories

Post by Oscar Namechange »

This is going to sound completely bonkers. My cat of 18 yrs, much loved, died in suspicious circumstances.

We had two different autopsy's because it needed to be reported to police at the time.

It was only recently. I just really need to know what happened to him.

I know what the vet and the cremetorium said, but i just wondered if there's anyone who could just feel it.

I want to be able to think he went some other way than the verdict we were given.

I can't tune in to him.

No jokes please. It's really distressing for us.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

oscar;1009855 wrote: This is going to sound completely bonkers. My cat of 18 yrs, much loved, died in suspicious circumstances.

We had two different autopsy's because it needed to be reported to police at the time.

It was only recently. I just really need to know what happened to him.

I know what the vet and the cremetorium said, but i just wondered if there's anyone who could just feel it.

I want to be able to think he went some other way than the verdict we were given.

I can't tune in to him.

No jokes please. It's really distressing for us.

awwwww i'm so sorry to hear about your cat! 18 years! i know i had a dog for 13 years, and when he died it was like losing a member of the family!

i hope someone here can help you figure it out!
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

Jester;1010965 wrote: My buddy's and I were in an old barracks, I was pretty young just in the army, not a drinker but come the weekend my three buddy's would get blasted if the had no duty, they liked to drink and I liked money, and it was nothing to earn 5-10 bucks taking their duties back then so they could go drink. The USO bus would take you down town for 10 cents, but by the time they were ready to come back they had to take a cab cause the bus wasn’t running, so they'd pool their money for the last cab ride back before 1am barracks check by CQ.

The barracks we were in had some stories about ghosts, some said the ghosts of men who committed suicide instead of going to WW2 walked the post between the parade field and our barracks and on occasion they could be heard chanting in cadence in the faint morning fog.

One evening on a saturday night I took roving guard duty for one of my buddy’s so he could go get drunk, at 0045 hours I was roving between the barrack and the chow hall passing the parade field in my route, it was lightly foggy and the faint lights from beyond the parade field glowed in a faint half arc through light bellows of fog as it rolled in low to the ground.

As I walked my posted route, i began to some cadence songs, and then recalled the ghost stories, kind of laughed and hiked on. About my third round that evening out form the fog along the fence of the parade field come my two buddy’s, drunk as skunks, and scared, so I slipped into the fog and began to do a real old civil war cadence I remembered from a story.

They ran tails up, falling down a couple of dozen times, and trying to hurry each other up so they could get passed where I was. I laughed when they passed and they were too scared to recognize me, but I had to finish my duty and couldn’t go chase them down to tell them it was really me, I laughed for the rest of my time.

The next morning the whole barracks was a buzz with their story, the drunkin bums, I told them it was me, and began to sing my song... but it wasnt the song they recalled. And when they first heard the clanking and noises they said they heard it was a full 1/4 mile from where I was. So something spooked them long before they ever got to me. Their story remained that of drunks, and doofuses, but I like to think maybe they did see the ghosts of scared men. I often took night duty before that and after that and never saw or heard a thing.

Guess thats how most ghost stories go.

That's a great story Jester! :cool:

i guess that is the way of ghost stories isn't it? you never really know for sure!
Hope6

Ghost Stories

Post by Hope6 »

My aunt and uncle built a new house when i was a kid, the piece of land they put it on had a old cemetary on it. Where they built the house was so close to it that the cemetary was in the back yard, my uncle actually drug off the markers! (bad idea)

every night when they would lock the doors to go to bed, the next morning they would all be unlocked again, and one day my aunt was sweeping the floor at the back door, she had the door open and something grabbed the broom out of her hand!
Tater Tazz

Ghost Stories

Post by Tater Tazz »

I do believe. I know someone that went to school with one of those ghost hunters. Almost every night I see a shadow walking in a room. Across the street, something keeps open her one cabinet. You can shut it good, sit down and it will open.
Oscar Namechange

Ghost Stories

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hope6;1010960 wrote: awwwww i'm so sorry to hear about your cat! 18 years! i know i had a dog for 13 years, and when he died it was like losing a member of the family!

i hope someone here can help you figure it out!

Thanks for your words Hope.

We live down a private lane with just two houses, access only to residents. We get the odd car but it's rare as the lane is a dead end.

There are fields outside our gate and lounge.

If he'd been hit by a car he would not have been found tossed half way up the field. Cars don't do that. Also, his claws were not shredded, a classic sign of being struck by a moving car.

Also, at 18, he'd NEVER of left the garden.

He has a bloody imprint on his jaw. When the police SGT looked, he reckoned the imprint was of a trainer. He was very upset for us.

In the middle of his head was a hole, a massive impct but it was a perfect circle, not consistent with damage from a car.

The vet and the cremetorium did their own autopsy's and both came to the same conclusion.

WE just want some-one to throw us a possibilty of how he came to his end other than the one we are having to accept. :-1
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “General Chit Chat”