Here we go! $3.00 Per Gallon.

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

If prices hit this level in your area, will it impact your Summer plans? Your travels?

MALIBU, Calif. Are Californians ready to pay three dollars a gallon for gas? Some already are.

The 76 Union station on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu is doing brisk business despite self-serve pumps selling regular unleaded at three dollars, five cents a gallon and supreme unleaded at three dollars, 15 cents.

For Malibu residents who don't want to step out of their luxury cars or S-U-Vs, full serve pumps are selling fuel at three dollars, 33 cents for regular and three dollars, 38 cents for supreme.

(APCredit: KTLA-TV)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Hoo boy... and to think when I started driving, gas was

about 27 CENTS a gallon...

The thing that gets me is every time it goes up, there's

a whole flurry of tips from "experts" (keep tires

properly inflated, etc.) on how to increase your gas

mileage, uh, gee, guys, dontcha think I've ALREADY been

doing that?

My little Toyota 4X4 gets about 24 mpg, pretty good

considering what I do with it, haul stuff.

My plans won't change any. And I hate to say it, but I don't

think that gas prices going up is entirely a bad thing, maybe it

will convince more people to buy more fuel-efficient vehicles

and car companies to manufacture more hybrids or alternatives.

People I feel for are low income who need their cars for the work

they do or to take the kids to daycare or whatever.

And we WILL as consumers have to start paying more for stuff

to get to us, even getting our veggies trucked to us!

:-5 :driving:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Hawke

Post by Hawke »

I still find it rather sad that gas mileage has not gone up significantly since the 60s. Sure, cars are lighter, using new redesigned engines, carbon-fiber bodies, etc...but are only getting 10-15 more miles per gallon.
cars

Post by cars »

Tombstone wrote: If prices hit this level in your area, will it impact your Summer plans? Your travels?

MALIBU, Calif. Are Californians ready to pay three dollars a gallon for gas? Some already are.

The 76 Union station on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu is doing brisk business despite self-serve pumps selling regular unleaded at three dollars, five cents a gallon and supreme unleaded at three dollars, 15 cents.

For Malibu residents who don't want to step out of their luxury cars or S-U-Vs, full serve pumps are selling fuel at three dollars, 33 cents for regular and three dollars, 38 cents for supreme.

(APCredit: KTLA-TV)

Yesterday morning (around 9:00am) we passed our local Gas station (here in Florida) going out for Breakfast. (price then $2.08 gal- reg) After that we did a little shopping. When we passed same Gas station going home around 2:30 in the afternoon, the price went up to "$2.16 gal-reg". I should have filled up car's gas tank in the morning!!

I read where a gal of reg gas will be "$2.95" (nationwide) within two months! "8" cents a gal increase within "5' hours sure looks like that will happen, maybe even sooner!!! :mad:

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
Paula

Post by Paula »

Just pay and look the other way? whats a few more bucks? :lips:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Could this be far off the mark?

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Wild Weasil

Post by Wild Weasil »

Think yourselves lucky. In this country you dont get much change out of £5 for a gallon, thats about $7.50 if not more. :-5
Philadelphia Eagle

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Here in PA we're paying around $1.96 for regular unleaded at present. When I complain to myself about the price I remember being in England a few years ago where the price is almost 4 times what we pay! A gallon of gas over there attracts more than 80% tax! Unbelieveable!
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Lon

Post by Lon »

There is not much sympathy by the rest of the world for the increase in U.S. gas prices. They have always paid more for gasoline. Just filled up my Ford Telstar here in New Zealand for $54 NZD. My Toyota Camry in the states has the same size tank, and a fillup is about $32 USD. New Zealanders feel the pinch more because their average household income is much less than the U.S.
David813

Post by David813 »

Gas is $2.10 a gallon in Missouri, $2.19 in Kansas. The highest it's ever been here. The lowest I remember it being was .42 a gallon in the mid-70's when I was about 10. Could it be the Bush Mafia is paying back the oil industry for bankrolling his re-election??
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Porpoise

Post by Porpoise »

It definitely will. It's already over $2.00 in Houston which is UNHEARD of down here. It's expected to get higher too. :-1 I can remember when I was younger the prices were in the 80's and 90's. We were all shocked when it hit 99 cents. Now I'd give ANYTHING for the price of gas to be 99 cents a gallon. :wah:
DANGER!I drive like you do.
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Here in Missouri, I paid $2.15 for super unleaded a couple of days ago. Luckily, we aren't traveling but to the inlaws once, in June, and they live in Iowa....about 9 hours away. Unfortunatly, gas will be a lot higher then. But, we'll cuss once, pay it and go on. Nothing else to do about it.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy

Return to “Conservation The Environment”