into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out,

"Good morning! What are you doing?"

The young man paused,

looked up and replied,

"Throwing starfish in the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked,

why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going out.

And if I don't throw them in they'll die."

"But, young man, don't you realize that

there are miles and miles of beach

and starfish all along it.

You can't possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely.

Then bent down, picked up another starfish

and threw it into the sea,

past the breaking waves and said-

"It made a difference for that one."

Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

About 10 years ago, I was walking along the beach when I came across hundreds of starfish that were thrown upon the beach.

It was an icy-cold, freezing day in January, and no one was on the beach. We just had a major storm, and it seemed that the sea was still angry.

She scrapped off almost everything from the bottom of the sea and threw it on the beach. There were tons of moon shells and starfish.

The poor, wee creatures were dead, and there was nothing to do to help them.

So, being the shell seeker, I collected tons of moon shells and starfish. I dried them out and give them to all of my kidlets and friends as a remembrance of our lovely, beautiful and sometimes angry sea.

I still have those shells and starfish;)

Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Loved those pictures Kathy Ellen! Hope all is well with you :-6
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1273702 wrote: Loved those pictures Kathy Ellen! Hope all is well with you :-6

Hi Jazzy,

Thanks for stopping by....Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post on FG too much since school started in September. I kinda pop in to FG during the early morning before school and a bit at nighttime.

I'm so happy. I have the week of Dec. 28th off, so I'm really thrilled to bits:wah:

Hope all is good with you. How are things going with you? Happy holidays to you and family:-6

I'm glad that you like the pics...they're special to me.
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Hello my fellow mermaid! The merman got a really nice coat for christmas from his mermaid in law & I got a new microwave (surfboard not included) darn. Quin got a bike, video games, puzzles, & board games...we are playing Catopoly tomorrow with Faith (I'm watching her for the week & getting $$$)...and making cookies which I can send to you...minus the cookie cutters..no good at that...so drop cookies instead:wah:
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Happy New Year! How's the weather where you are?
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1277426 wrote: Happy New Year! How's the weather where you are?

Hi Jazzy,

Thanks you so much. Happy New Year to you also:-6

Weather is awful due to the wind. It is absolutely freezing here....yuk...
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wow...I just watched a Christmas program of "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

Dog and Beth had their kidlets searching for Santa during the day and night having loads of fun with family. Then Dog and sons went out at midnight and

finally met Santa.

This Santa was perfect. He spoke to Dog and his son and made a big impact that Santa is really real...It was a lovely show:-4
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1277553 wrote: Wow...I just watched a Christmas program of "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

Dog and Beth had their kidlets searching for Santa during the day and night having loads of fun with family. Then Dog and sons went out at midnight and

finally met Santa.

This Santa was perfect. He spoke to Dog and his son and made a big impact that Santa is really real...It was a lovely show:-4

But Santa is real if you truly believe him to be...Quin is still a believer & the big kids are forbidden to say different...truthfully I've never said it to any of my kids that Santa is not real...I only say I believe.:-4
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Just stopping by to say hello. How's the weather where you are? It's -5 here today and the wind makes it feel even colder :(
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1280885 wrote: Just stopping by to say hello. How's the weather where you are? It's -5 here today and the wind makes it feel even colder :(

Hi Jazzy,

Hope you're well. Yes, it's cold here but the weather channels made it seem like it would be absolutely freezing. It is 22F, feels like 4F, but there's no wind...so it's a nice day.

Wanna go for a walk along the beach with me a little later:-6

AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Can I come too, please, Kathy?!! Sounds bracing - and will be a nice break after a weekend of mega heat. :sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

I'll trade with you Aussie Pam...you can have our freezing weather & I'll take your heat wave:wah:
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1281011 wrote: Hi Jazzy,

Hope you're well. Yes, it's cold here but the weather channels made it seem like it would be absolutely freezing. It is 22F, feels like 4F, but there's no wind...so it's a nice day.

Wanna go for a walk along the beach with me a little later:-6

Would love to go for a walk on the beach with you :-6
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

I love the sea, with all its different moods. I find it so relaxing, and could sit and watch the waves for hours ! :-6 :) You are so lucky, Kathy, to live that close to the sea. Our plans to move closer to the sea have had to be put 'on hold' for various reasons, for the foreseable future, which is a total bummer ! :(
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1281229 wrote: I love the sea, with all its different moods. I find it so relaxing, and could sit and watch the waves for hours ! :-6 :) You are so lucky, Kathy, to live that close to the sea. Our plans to move closer to the sea have had to be put 'on hold' for various reasons, for the foreseable future, which is a total bummer ! :(

Hi Gill,

Oh, I do love living by the sea. I would not wish to live anywhere else. Unfortunately, my state is not kind to homeowners and plans to run everyone out of town very soon. Taxes and insurances here are killing me.

I would love to live here forever, but won't be able to when I retire. I'm thinking about moving to another beautiful beach called Siesta Key in Florida.

I'm so sorry that your lovely plan hasn't worked out yet Gill, and hope it will one day soon. You and your family deserve the best in life:-6
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1281225 wrote: Would love to go for a walk on the beach with you :-6

Oh, I wish that you and Pam could have joined me Jazzy. Unfortunately, my walk was short as the wind nearly pushed me into the sea:wah:

Maybe a walk would be better this weekend as the weather should be better:-6
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

What about little old me ? Hi Kathy, hope you are well Mrs !
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Stopping by to say hello and I'm up for a walk on the beach this weekend! :D
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Good morning KE & Company...abs freezing here today, cloudy skies but hey the house is nice & cozy.

Well, KE we will be hearing sometime this week whether our little Catholic school will be closed for good or not in Sept. which means Quin will either have to go a school of our choice or the one chosen by the Archdiocese which ever is cheaper.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1281852 wrote: Good morning KE & Company...abs freezing here today, cloudy skies but hey the house is nice & cozy.

Well, KE we will be hearing sometime this week whether our little Catholic school will be closed for good or not in Sept. which means Quin will either have to go a school of our choice or the one chosen by the Archdiocese which ever is cheaper.

Hi Ducky:-6

Ahhhh, that's a shame about your school. Unfortunately, so many private schools are closing due to funds and have to consolidate.

It's heartbreaking to close our beloved schools but when the enrollment is down and funds are not available...what can they do:confused:

You have a big decision to make there Ducky.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1281768 wrote: What about little old me ? Hi Kathy, hope you are well Mrs !

OK then everyone.....Pam, Jazzy, Gill, Ducky:-4 All are welcome:D

This weekend is supposed to be a bit warmer and lovely. It's time to put yer walking boots and join me for a long walk. We can walk along the beach and boardwalk and then walk into a state park for another 10 miles if you wish:yh_rotfl

By then, we'll need some chill time in my favorite Irish pub for some hot chocolate, chocolate cake and a lovely Portuguese Port wine....

G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

That sounds soooooo tempting Kathy ! :-6 :wah: :D
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1281994 wrote: That sounds soooooo tempting Kathy ! :-6 :wah: :D

Come on over Gill:-6

You're welcome at the beach anytime;)
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

I'll be in that, Kathy!!! Thank you.

(Memo: post new lot of Effigy pics!!)

qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1281974 wrote: Hi Ducky:-6

Ahhhh, that's a shame about your school. Unfortunately, so many private schools are closing due to funds and have to consolidate.

It's heartbreaking to close our beloved schools but when the enrollment is down and funds are not available...what can they do:confused:

You have a big decision to make there Ducky.

Yes, we have several choices....I'd like him to go to the same school as Faith as it would be easier for both Christine & I to run them back & forth, but we'll see. Catholic schools week starts on the 31st/Jan & we have 2 open houses at the same time:-5
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1282651 wrote: Yes, we have several choices....I'd like him to go to the same school as Faith as it would be easier for both Christine & I to run them back & forth, but we'll see. Catholic schools week starts on the 31st/Jan & we have 2 open houses at the same time:-5

What a shame that Quin has to change schools Ducky:mad:...bummer...

It would be great if he and Faith were in the same school.

Hope all works out well.....:-6
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1282656 wrote: What a shame that Quin has to change schools Ducky:mad:...bummer...

It would be great if he and Faith were in the same school.

Hope all works out well.....:-6

Quin I think will be fine...he's got that spunky personality as several of the fg's have chatted with him...they say he is funny & inquisitive...he has loads of friends in the neighborhood & wil be going into 4th grade...i think he will be fine.
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning! :-6 Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday. Did you find any shells? :-3
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Jazzy:-6

Thank you;) I had a great, great day yesterday just doing some fun things and not working.

I walked into a natural reserve park nearby that's 10 miles long. It was a perfect day for a walk, and the tourists weren't there.....just me and the fishermen:D

There were lots of goodies on the beach, but I forgot to bring my pail:mad: did manage to carry a few things back...think I walked about 7 miles:p

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... g-day.html
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1282902 wrote: Hi Jazzy:-6

Thank you;) I had a great, great day yesterday just doing some fun things and not working.

I walked into a natural reserve park nearby that's 10 miles long. It was a perfect day for a walk, and the tourists weren't there.....just me and the fishermen:D

There were lots of goodies on the beach, but I forgot to bring my pail:mad: did manage to carry a few things back...think I walked about 7 miles:p

Good afternoon on this fine crappy day:wah:..making food, crock pot is going w/chicken stew & its pouring out there on this raw yucker of a day
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1282902 wrote: Hi Jazzy:-6

Good for you and you deserved it! Gosh, I wish I could have come with you. I would have loved to see the natural reserve park and bet it's beautiful. How could have forgotten your pail? :wah:
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Jazzy;1282913 wrote: Good for you and you deserved it! Gosh, I wish I could have come with you. I would have loved to see the natural reserve park and bet it's beautiful. How could have forgotten your pail? :wah:

I doubt KE is going anywhere on this yucker day:wah:...we've got the same weather, it is pouring outside...would need her pail for backups if rain was coming through the ceiling:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1282913 wrote: Good for you and you deserved it! Gosh, I wish I could have come with you. I would have loved to see the natural reserve park and bet it's beautiful. How could have forgotten your pail? :wah:

Ahhhhh, Thanks Jazzy. I had a wonderful time and felt so much better with the exercise. The park is wonderful and wish you could have joined me.

Here's a little info about it....Don't want to name the park here...

My State Park is a preserved barrier island that protects a number of natural shoreline and nearshore habitats. The park contains close to ten miles of sandy beach, an extensive shoreline along Barnegat Bay, dense maritime forests, rolling sand dunes, and tidal marshes. This park is also home to foxes, ospreys, other wildlife, and more than 400 species of plants.

You can go boating, fishing, and surfing here. It also has a lighthouse to view at the end of the park.

I'm so doppy to forget my pail:-2:wah::( typical of me:rolleyes:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1282915 wrote: I doubt KE is going anywhere on this yucker day:wah:...we've got the same weather, it is pouring outside...would need her pail for backups if rain was coming through the ceiling:wah:

Yes, It is miserable here....My yard is flooding in areas:rolleyes: I knew it was going to rain today and took my long walk yesterday:-6
WonderWendy3

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Hiya sweet friend! I hope you are doing well!! big cyber hugs to you!! :-4:-4:-4:-4
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

The walk sounds wonderful, Kathy!!! So glad you got to do that, especially now the weather there is so bad. G'day Gilly, Jazzy, and !!!!!!!! WonderWendy.

School holidays still here, and this afternoon I'm being helped cook gingerbread men!!!

WonderWendy3

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Hiya Pam!! good to see you:-6
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

How are you, Hon??? Long time no see. Belated Happy New Year!!!

WonderWendy3

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Happy belated New year to you too!:-6

I'm very busy still but doing fine! My kids are growing up waaay too fast! I was told not to blink when they were little and didn't listen!!:p

:-4:-4:-4
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

WonderWendy3;1283015 wrote: Happy belated New year to you too!:-6

I'm very busy still but doing fine! My kids are growing up waaay too fast! I was told not to blink when they were little and didn't listen!!:p

:-4:-4:-4

lol. Happy belated NY to you too WW. Yup, kids grow up instantly, just add water & loads of food and bingo they are taller than you in no time.
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Just stopping by to say hello and see if I left my pail and sneakers in here :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1284738 wrote: Just stopping by to say hello and see if I left my pail and sneakers in here :wah:

:wah::wah: Yes, you left your sneakers,:wah: bike and pail here at my hut Jazzy. I stored everything in my beach shed;)

Today is blue day:wah:

I'm going out in awhile to look for the swans. They've moved again. Hope they're still in my bay:-3
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Kathy, hope you are OK, and the weather is good so you can take another walk. That park sounds lovely, and running along the shore as well! Best of all worlds ! Hey, you'll be filling your hut up with everybody else's belongings at this rate, so Jazzy had better collect asap. If they're in reasonable condition, I suppose you could sell them, if she doesn't collect soon :lips: :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1284750 wrote: Hi Kathy, hope you are OK, and the weather is good so you can take another walk. That park sounds lovely, and running along the shore as well! Best of all worlds ! Hey, you'll be filling your hut up with everybody else's belongings at this rate, so Jazzy had better collect asap. If they're in reasonable condition, I suppose you could sell them, if she doesn't collect soon :lips: :wah:

Hi Gill:-6

Thank you. Hope all is great with you also;)

It's a beautiful day, and I'm going for another walk soon to look for the swans...they've disappeared:confused:

:wah::wah: I bought a blue cyber shed to store stuff:D
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

Kathy Ellen;1284755 wrote: Hi Gill:-6

Thank you. Hope all is great with you also;)

It's a beautiful day, and I'm going for another walk soon to look for the swans...they've disappeared:confused:

:wah::wah: I bought a blue cyber shed to store stuff:D

Oh I expect they'll be somewhere not too far away, swans usually stay in their original areas. Perhaps they are looking for somewhere nearby that has more food available for them.

I hope your cyber shed has cyber elastic walls then :yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1284748 wrote: :wah::wah: Yes, you left your sneakers,:wah: bike and pail here at my hut Jazzy. I stored everything in my beach shed;)

Today is blue day:wah:

I'm going out in awhile to look for the swans. They've moved again. Hope they're still in my bay:-3

Thank goodness I now know where my stuff is :wah: What happened to all the shells I collected? :-5 Maybe the swans took them :wah:
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

good morning KE...well you better go out soon...looks like rain (Winnie the Pooh & the blusterday day) although it is Sunday lol. Well, anyways, not looking good on Q's school so we are going to 2 open houses next wknd but I think my mind is made up & will let you know later on pm.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1284901 wrote: good morning KE...well you better go out soon...looks like rain (Winnie the Pooh & the blusterday day) although it is Sunday lol. Well, anyways, not looking good on Q's school so we are going to 2 open houses next wknd but I think my mind is made up & will let you know later on pm.

Hello Ducky,

Good luck with finding a good school for Quin...You have a lot of decisions to make.

Yes, today was a mega crappy day. It's supposed to pour tonight...90% heavy rain until tomorrow around 1....yukky:(

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”