Extreme conditions of Australia

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Official death toll now is ninety six. There's more to come though.

I heard a story on the news

I've been sitting here wondering whether or not to tell you guys any of this. We did not have it as hard as others in Marysville ...even after yesterdays experience and having gum trees explode embers over mei can still not imagine fire raining on me. That's basically what Marysville had ,,,,,,,a fire storm. Imagine rain and hail and hard wind............keep the hard wind but replace it with fire. And that's why Marysville is not there anymore. I saw panic in peoples eyes yesterday and for some strange reason I was calm. Calm enough to take photos. It sounds weird but people are wanting you to be strong so they don't have to panic as much . When people panic they need direction. ( I'll get to that in a moment.) And suddenly you're directing them and asking if they are okay

So here it goes this is my day from 1 pm to 1:30 am

Firstly I was at my mcloughlins home. Brett came inside after I told them to go and check the rabbit because the hot winds had started. He told me to come outside and look at the strange cloud. I didn't take much notice because we were expecting dust storms anyway. I thought i was taking a pic of a dust storm.

Brett had taken off on his bike and came back and told me to go to the end of the street and take a look. I got in the car (it was pretty hot but I know that sounds lazy) and saw this.

then took a better look.

Thinking at this time I should go and get the yellows on, the mobile rang " Station now"

Got to the Station .............You know when you see signs of something but you keep your mouth shut just incase you're wrong? hmmmmmm. when I got out of the car a burnt piece of bark dropped on the ground in front of me ......I could tell that the plume of smoke was on the other side of the mountain 9about 50 to 75 km's away) and we were already getting embers. I muttered an expletive at this point but said nothing.

So we sat around and waited, then we were off. we didn't even get to our first destination before we were told to go elswhere , then we didn't get there because suddenly we were in it (so to speak), Firstly a grass fire that out ran the truck. It was taken care of but then we were suddenly surrounded with them . Dangerous situation so we had to leave it for a house . The house was too far gone, then another house ( I think we managed to save it). Then off to the mill to help out there but then got diverted to a grass fire near a pine plantation. We looked after that for awhile then off again to another house. Then sent to another town to a bush on fire and threatening a house, the house next door and it's sheds were already gone. But i can't say for sure I wittnessed it through the smoke. Then back to the plantation. Then all of the sudden all trucks are recalled to the main town . It's being directly threatened . so we leave the plantation area .

The grass fires and plantations we kept leaving ( sorry about the photos being blurry we were kind of moving pretty fast.)And sorry about the shutter) you wont see flame in any of these because i only took pics when I wasn't busy which meant after they were out or when we were leaving.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

As we got closer to town it went all dark and i mean dark. the first is when it was getting dark then about 1 to 2 minutes later. then we got a flat tyre and had to go to Town anyway.

this is the house that is but isn't, sorta ...cause we couldn't see it. YOu can kind of make out the shed though. The smoke was so thick it wouldn't show the flame behind it. I won't show many of the burning houses because the photos aren't good a I'm not a tabloid newspaper.

this is when we got back to the a fire station to get the tyre changed.

Odie

Post by Odie »

omg...........devastating pics these are.

Life is just to short for drama.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

None of these photos were taken at night. They were all in daylight hours.

And this brings me back to the people part of the day . Shock does strange things to people and you have to take it into account when it seems they are asking stupid questions sometimes it's simply denial . peoples brains cannot take in what's happening around them .

A woman came up to me and asked what info I could give her about leaving the area.. in my head I'm thinking " lady your neighbours homes are burning around you What kind of info do you need?" In Victoria not even the police can force you from your home, and we can be held liable for suggesting it and putting people under undue stress. But we can say ...." If it was me "

House was burning, others were taking care of it but the entrance to the property had become alight as well trapping them in, but they hadn't noticed yet. We pulled up, but couldn't get there attention so the driver moved forward a little. right under the power line from the house. which isn't a problem really. He went off and I manned the radio. Until I looked out of my side window and realised I'm directly under a burning power pole and realising that the line to the house (seen in the photo between the side mirror and the front windscreen) Was directly over the truck . I quickly look around and see peoples house lights are still on ...Oh ****.

I call back the driver and we get out of that cosy little position and the boys put it out. Meanwhile i'm directing and stopping traffic. That's when a sweet elderly couple pulled up wanting to get past to their house. I couldn't allow them to get through until the pole fire was out. That's when the woman began shaking and i asked if she was okay? I didnt' need a heart attack on top of all this . So I went around to her side of the car window and stood there . It seemed to comfort her a bit.

I hope their house wasn't one of the houses burnt down.:(

there are more photos and more to say i guess but I think I'll keep it to myself.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

You a real hero Fuzzy, god Im proud of ya mate:-6

Those pics are horrific but really bring it home to us here how bad you guys are having it right now..

Please take care x:-4
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

We are watching film here in the states, but your photos seem to make it all the more realistic, probably cause you are there. How much longer do you think these fires will burn?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Because the fires are all still going there's no debrief at the moment ....I'm just using hte forum as my own little debrief . i feel kinda better now.

thankyou carolly but there are some medals to be handed out up at marysville.

Apparently it got so bad that women and children were huddled in the fire station. (Rural fire stations are basically a huge garge that fit one or two trucks in it) The rest of the town was gone and when the fire came towards the station the firefighters made a wall between the fire and the people inside . They succeeded in saving them. :-6:-6:-6
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

fuzzywuzzy;1130341 wrote: Because the fires are all still going there's no debrief at the moment ....I'm just using hte forum as my own little debrief . i feel kinda better now.

thankyou carolly but there are some medals to be handed out up at marysville.

Apparently it got so bad that women and children were huddled in the fire station. (Rural fire stations are basically a huge garge that fit one or two trucks in it) The rest of the town was gone and when the fire came towards the station the firefighters made a wall between the fire and the people inside . They succeeded in saving them. :-6:-6:-6Megs be sure that we are thinking of all of you involved in this and although Im not religious I am sure prayers all over the world is being sent to all. You know where I am if ever you need to talk:-4:-4:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzy, your a hero babe, and the tens of thousands there helping out.

what we see here on the news is nothing compared to your pics because you are right there.

my heart and prayers go out to all!
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Im sure it does help to come on the forum and put things down,, its different to talking to the very people involved or your workmates etc... stay safe:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

They won't be properly out for weeks . Some still aren't under control. and more are popping up all the time.

The copper that found the lady on her property last night? ..........Oh god he's just lost two friends and their three children at Kinglake.

NO i'm not Chezzie and never will be . You just do what you have to do . That first photo was taken at about one in the afternoon. the others were taken to up to five pm. it basically took 1 hour from the time we saw the plume of smoke to being at our doorsteps.

Husbands cousin is under direct threat tonight.

What's really disturbing is that there are rumours of police finding molotof coctail type things with shoelaces attached to them ...acting like a wick of some sort in the bush . I wanna kill these barstards I seriously wan tto kill them. I know the academic psychology of an arsenist. but they KNew THEY BLOODY KNEW this would happen . I want them to face the people they have destroyed. I want them to see the charred bodies of the children they have killed. I want them to see the panic in the eyes of people I saw. I want to take them to the morgue. They knew lighting a fire yesterday would have the state explode into a ball of fire . I hope they feel a measure of accomplishment . I just want to kill them .

It's now Australias worst disaster in it's history. And you know what? they will be feeling a major level of self satisfaction. They would have to be the most wanted people in Australia right now.

I'm in the "hurry up and wait" bit of the process at he moment . Petes still out witht he road block because they are only just getting in to the town north of us. There were so many distress calls yesterday from there but we simply didn't have enough trucks to go round.

It was surreal really. because when we left the station there was hardly any radio traffic ...then all or the sudden it was out of control i heard "I can't pull the trucks out of my arse" And I knew then we were in the ****.

There was one moment that we.. you know when you know when something is really awful but you can find beauty in it? But it sort of feels wrong to think it?

At one point we were resting and we looked out over the country side from our vantage point and it was like ...pretty . It was like someone had strewn millions of fairy lights across the countryside. It was weird but so pretty. God i feel awful saying that but it was true and we all commented on it. And then we requested to go back to our own town because we were all getting stressed because we could see smoke out that way and we weren't there . And then we got to see how panicked our own friends and neighbours were.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

Are you getting any help from the outside?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1130405 wrote: They won't be properly out for weeks . Some still aren't under control. and more are popping up all the time.

The copper that found the lady on her property last night? ..........Oh god he's just lost two friends and their three children at Kinglake.

NO i'm not Chezzie and never will be . You just do what you have to do . That first photo was taken at about one in the afternoon. the others were taken to up to five pm. it basically took 1 hour from the time we saw the plume of smoke to being at our doorsteps.

Husbands cousin is under direct threat tonight.

What's really disturbing is that there are rumours of police finding molotof coctail type things with shoelaces attached to them ...acting like a wick of some sort in the bush . I wanna kill these barstards I seriously wan tto kill them. I know the academic psychology of an arsenist. but they KNew THEY BLOODY KNEW this would happen . I want them to face the people they have destroyed. I want them to see the charred bodies of the children they have killed. I want them to see the panic in the eyes of people I saw. I want to take them to the morgue. They knew lighting a fire yesterday would have the state explode into a ball of fire . I hope they feel a measure of accomplishment . I just want to kill them .

It's now Australias worst disaster in it's history. And you know what? they will be feeling a major level of self satisfaction. They would have to be the most wanted people in Australia right now.

I'm in the "hurry up and wait" bit of the process at he moment . Petes still out witht he road block because they are only just getting in to the town north of us. There were so many distress calls yesterday from there but we simply didn't have enough trucks to go round.

It was surreal really. because when we left the station there was hardly any radio traffic ...then all or the sudden it was out of control i heard "I can't pull the trucks out of my arse" And I knew then we were in the ****.

There was one moment that we.. you know when you know when something is really awful but you can find beauty in it? But it sort of feels wrong to think it?

At one point we were resting and we looked out over the country side from our vantage point and it was like ...pretty . It was like someone had strewn millions of fairy lights across the countryside. It was weird but so pretty. God i feel awful saying that but it was true and we all commented on it. And then we requested to go back to our own town because we were all getting stressed because we could see smoke out that way and we weren't there . And then we got to see how panicked our own friends and neighbours were.

someone has been throwing molotof cocktails?

this is why the fires started?

damn arsonists!:-5:-5:-5:-5
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Fuzzy:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4

I have been watching news since 6am .

I have been in bushfires before but nothing like what I have seen on the news today.What they are showing is only the half of it.

108 now confimed dead.:-1
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Just got back from Goulburn and have come in to check on Fuzzy and MrsK in particular. Can see you both here, thankfully. It's awful.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You've got your own fires to deal with too pammy so stay safe. They have re arrested the guy who's been starting fires in NSW's. And he wll be in court today.

Ally you're about to cop it as well so stay safe and look after yourself.

Have to go out again soon Containment lines have been broken about 15 km north of us.

MrsK you stay safe as well.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Kindle;1130457 wrote: Are you getting any help from the outside?

yeah Kindle nsw's fire service is helping in the north of the state. And if we have trouble at the end of the week they'll probably have to call in more support. We have 30,000 firefighters in this state, NSW's has 70,000.

128 now. I sat with my husband awhile at his road block and he has a sickening feeling it will exceed 150 and possibly 200. God I hope not.

Herald Sun Homepage | Victoria, National & Australian News | Herald Sun
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

fuzz do you know how the fire is going at Beechworth??????
FOC THREAD PART 1
Ally

Post by Ally »

fuzzywuzzy;1130700 wrote: you've got your own fires to deal with too pammy so stay safe. They have re arrested the guy who's been starting fires in nsw's. And he wll be in court today.

Have to go out again soon containment lines have been broken about 15 km north of us.

Mrsk you stay safe as well.

many many thanks fuzzy i pray that it wont be any way near as bad.please take care when ur out there.i hope they throw the book at anyone who is caught lighting these fires,i know they have one guy 31 and apperently there's a 14 year old that started some as well omg its unbeleivable.stay safe everyone.:-4:-4:-4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm sending thoughtwaves and prayers, Fuzzy.

The people who contribute to the bushfire disasters are very sick. Should at very least be locked up.

The flags on Sydney Harbour Bridge are at half mast.

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I just went outside with my daughter and we stood in pouring rain!!! I hope this strange precipitation is falling in all those places threatened by fire. It won't help those who have lost lives, loved ones, their homes.. but it may stop further disaster, It seems to me strange that chat is going on here in FG as if we Aussies didn't exist and were'nt in desperate straits - but maybe those who do care - except Scrat and Odie - are sleeping, or overwhelmed with their own troubles.

mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Hello Fuzzy,AP,Ally,mrsk2 & all your families:-4:-4

I hope yopu are all safe & well tonight.

Thanks for the prayers & good wishes from all of you,we are safe & well here in our part of NSW I just wish it was the same for every Australian:-4:-4

Devistation for want of a better word is what I have seen tonight on all the news reports.

Heartbreak & devistation.

I have just finished talking to friends in Victoria,they are safe & well thank god.

Went shopping after school this afternoon & the red cross are down town raising money for those who need a helping hand.

When I watch those news stories I find it very hard to believe that is happening here in Australia.I know it is,but I still can't believe it.

My love & prayers go out to all the families who have been touched by these fires.

To all the Aussies on here as well:-4

Stay safe especially you Fuzz:-4
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

AussiePam;1130727 wrote: I just went outside with my daughter and we stood in pouring rain!!! I hope this strange precipitation is falling in all those places threatened by fire. It won't help those who have lost lives, loved ones, their homes.. but it may stop further disaster, It seems to me strange that chat is going on here in FG as if we Aussies didn't exist and were'nt in desperate straits - but maybe those who do care - except Scrat and Odie - are sleeping, or overwhelmed with their own troubles.Oh Pam........I was on till the very wee hours of the morning with Ali and Kay talking....not on here....and we spoke about this so much and I know all my friends here are so shocked what is going on.I have the news on all the time here and what im seeing must be one of the saddest things I have seen in my life.Make no mistake our hearts and thoughts are with all our Oz Friends and in actual fact everyone who is going through this Holocast.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

mrsK;1130729 wrote: Hello Fuzzy,AP,Ally,mrsk2 & all your families:-4:-4

I hope yopu are all safe & well tonight.

Thanks for the prayers & good wishes from all of you,we are safe & well here in our part of NSW I just wish it was the same for every Australian:-4:-4

Devistation for want of a better word is what I have seen tonight on all the news reports.

Heartbreak & devistation.

I have just finished talking to friends in Victoria,they are safe & well thank god.

Went shopping after school this afternoon & the red cross are down town raising money for those who need a helping hand.

When I watch those news stories I find it very hard to believe that is happening here in Australia.I know it is,but I still can't believe it.

My love & prayers go out to all the families who have been touched by these fires.

To all the Aussies on here as well:-4

Stay safe especially you Fuzz:-4

so happy to hear you are safe mrsk1:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

AussiePam;1130727 wrote: I just went outside with my daughter and we stood in pouring rain!!! I hope this strange precipitation is falling in all those places threatened by fire. It won't help those who have lost lives, loved ones, their homes.. but it may stop further disaster, It seems to me strange that chat is going on here in FG as if we Aussies didn't exist and were'nt in desperate straits - but maybe those who do care - except Scrat and Odie - are sleeping, or overwhelmed with their own troubles.

Hey Pammy, we do realize very much what is happening over there, I was speaking on this thread earlier trying to just give support, its so strange, its snowing here and freezing, I can't imagine what is happening down in Victoria (I have distant relatives in Melbourne by the way). I don't know what to say to you guys down there, it sounds horrific, I am filled with foreboding actually, I think what has been happening to Australia in recent years may be something to do with a deeper trend in the Earth's climate, though as I have said, it could be just another extreme weather event, I don't know.

Anyway, we are thinking of ye down there, what a terrible terrible situation for those caught up in it, horrific.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1130700 wrote: You've got your own fires to deal with too pammy so stay safe. They have re arrested the guy who's been starting fires in NSW's. And he wll be in court today.

Have to go out again soon Containment lines have been broken about 15 km north of us.

MrsK you stay safe as well.

thank god they caught the guy who started these fires, this is just unheard of!:-5:-5

The damage he has caused, people lives, homes, animals, terror, destruction!:-1

still praying all my aussie friends be safe.:-4
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

You have all suffered so much. :-1 I pray everyday that this will all come to an end soon. May all of you and your familys and friends stay safe.

May God watch over you and keep you all from harm.:yh_pray
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

AussiePam;1130727 wrote: I just went outside with my daughter and we stood in pouring rain!!! I hope this strange precipitation is falling in all those places threatened by fire. It won't help those who have lost lives, loved ones, their homes.. but it may stop further disaster, It seems to me strange that chat is going on here in FG as if we Aussies didn't exist and were'nt in desperate straits - but maybe those who do care - except Scrat and Odie - are sleeping, or overwhelmed with their own troubles.

Hi Pam i hope you are ok:-4 we do care Pam, i know i am just at a loss as to what to say its so horrific whats been going on and it somehow seems even more so because of us "knowing" people from Australia through his forum, Im so useless with words in times like this but please know that we do care:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

carol told me about this thread and want you all to know you are in my prayers.
Odie

Post by Odie »

how are things doing now?
minks

Post by minks »

Words just aren't enough. I am glad you all are checking in, it's an utter useless feeling sitting over here with the snow around me wondering how you guys are all managing. You are all in my daily thoughts.

Fuzzy I am so terribly sorry to hear of your friends and their family. Your pictures were horrific. We just can't begin to fathom the kind of he|| you all are going through right now

Be safe all of you and keep checking in.

Huge Hugs

Minks
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

173 now confirmed dead.:-1
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

mrsK;1131088 wrote: 173 now confirmed dead.:-1

omg:-1:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

mrsK;1131088 wrote: 173 now confirmed dead.:-1

so heartbreaking:-1
FOC THREAD PART 1
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

OMG!

I only found out about this today as I rarely have the TV on at home.

My heart and thoughts are with all of you Aussies at the moment. Stay safe, fgs.:(
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've just got back and checked in to see how you all are - relieved to see you posting but devastated by what's going on - even without, as Rudd says, mass murder.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Love you all. We need to say this!! I am personally very fortunate in having my nearest and dearest all accounted for. It's a desolate time for all Australians though, and if any of us need reminding, a reminder of the relative unimportance of petty squabbles.

Barman

Post by Barman »

Am watching developments on the news here, you are all in my thoughts, i am totally shocked and dismayed at the idiots that are re-lighting these fires after the brave heroic firefighters have extinguished them.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

AussiePam;1131151 wrote: Love you all. We need to say this!! I am personally very fortunate in having my nearest and dearest all accounted for. It's a desolate time for all Australians though, and if any of us need reminding, a reminder of the relative unimportance of petty squabbles.

I agree 100% Pam............... makes squabbles seem so bloody petty ............ I have so much difficulty in saying anything except, well I am so very sorry and thank goodness our Aussie friends on here are still posting. Just stay safe please. I worry also about Fuzzywuzzy, out in the thick of it all. Heros the lot of you.

No amount of punishment can compensate for the total devastation that those insane arsonists caused - they will rot in hell.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

kayleneaussie;1130704 wrote: fuzz do you know how the fire is going at Beechworth??????

At the beginning of this thread I put up the CFA incident and reports summary Kay if you look at that you'll see all the threats and alerts for beechworth.

Kay do you have someone you know up there? :( You can ring Red cross if you are looking for a particular person. . Go to the CFA Vic site and all hte numbers are there . The Herald sun Melbourne also has the numbers and info for the fires ..and they are putting them online I can tell you we got WonWron under control and pretty much out last night/this morning.

If you keep this page updated you'll get your info Kay ....stay safe, and try to stay calm.:-4:-4:-4

Incident Updates and Advice - Country Fire Authority
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Herald Sun Homepage | Victoria, National & Australian News | Herald Sun

Kay this page has info for you :-4
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

fuzzywuzzy;1131167 wrote: Herald Sun Homepage | Victoria, National & Australian News | Herald Sun

Kay this page has info for you :-4

Thanks Fuzz:-4 And all my love goes to you fuzz and your collegues for the wonderful job you are all doing.....THANKYOU:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

173 huh? last paper i saw was 134 ....that's come as a bit of a shock . Just rang my captain and apparently the papers a re saying they expect another 100 to 200 dead. They are finally able to go into the towns around me to check them .........I'm dreading what they will find because I remember the radio calls on Saturday and we simply couldn't get in to save them. God please let everyone be accounted for. I keep thinking i"m just tired or....this is just getting worse and worse.

but there was haert warming news yesterday on ABC radio . the fires at whittelsea have obviously affected our city friends.:-4:-4 The area was inundated with people drving in their own cars from the suburbs and inner city areas to offer help and housing to those affected . clothing and the list went on. A semi load of fresh fruit and builders and god the generosity is overwhelming in some parts. None of this from the government just people with businesses and markets .Even people offering to look after survivors children while the parents get help and affairs in order.

I think we are seeing true aussie "mateship" here .:-4:-4:-4 Now that's the Australia I know . We're all heroes if people want to choose that word.

I guess Kindle that should anwser your question .......we don't really need all that much outside help ...as crazy as that sounds.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

G#Gill;1131157 wrote: I worry also about Fuzzywuzzy, out in the thick of it all. Heros the lot of you.

I assure you Gill I'm as safe ...hows that I almost typed 'houses' probably not appropriate at his timeI even got about half an hours sleep on the back of the truck this morning without anyone noticing :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

No amount of punishment can compensate for the total devastation that those insane arsonists caused - they will rot in hell.

I have a dreadful feeling that when they do catch up with these turds, they may not make it to the court house alive. They are going to have to protect their identies.at least to save their families hardship and retribution.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1131201 wrote: I assure you Gill I'm as safe ...hows that I almost typed 'houses' probably not appropriate at his timeI even got about half an hours sleep on the back of the truck this morning without anyone noticing :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I have a dreadful feeling that when they do catch up with these turds, they may not make it to the court house alive. They are going to have to protect their identies.at least to save their families hardship and retribution.

did they start all the fires?
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1131197 wrote: 173 huh? last paper i saw was 134 ....that's come as a bit of a shock . Just rang my captain and apparently the papers a re saying they expect another 100 to 200 dead. They are finally able to go into the towns around me to check them .........I'm dreading what they will find because I remember the radio calls on Saturday and we simply couldn't get in to save them. God please let everyone be accounted for. I keep thinking i"m just tired or....this is just getting worse and worse.

but there was haert warming news yesterday on ABC radio . the fires at whittelsea have obviously affected our city friends.:-4:-4 The area was inundated with people drving in their own cars from the suburbs and inner city areas to offer help and housing to those affected . clothing and the list went on. A semi load of fresh fruit and builders and god the generosity is overwhelming in some parts. None of this from the government just people with businesses and markets .Even people offering to look after survivors children while the parents get help and affairs in order.

I think we are seeing true aussie "mateship" here .:-4:-4:-4 Now that's the Australia I know . We're all heroes if people want to choose that word.

I guess Kindle that should anwser your question .......we don't really need all that much outside help ...as crazy as that sounds.

your tired hun, you have done so much, my god I am so proud of you!:-4
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

ABC News - Top Stories - Breaking news from Australia and the world

Return to “Australia”