Extreme conditions of Australia

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

every time i come to this thread and read your posts fuzzy,,, im just lost for words:-1:-1

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

sorry Kazalala I don't mean to upset . but it's upsetting anyway i guess I'm trying to put it in a way not to offend but it's really really difficult. sometimes things are just what they are .

I made the mistake tonight of looking at the local paper. I had to put it down because the people who were talking about their lost houses were the houses that our truck pulled away from in search of other houses we could save.

Not ready for that yet ...maybe in a couple of days.

It was funny you know cause we were told to go to a house that had a threat of fire at it . and the whole bush block was ablaze behind it . and we watched for a little while and deamed it safe cause the wind direction had changed and All this **** is happening around us and here we are talking to the owners of the house about the beaut tomatoes that hadn't even got singed. and how perfectly formed they were. We told the lady of the house that we were coming back to taste one . :wah: surreal to say the least. :o and their next door neighbour had already burnt down . and then a guy on a motor bike told us to follow him and he led us to a house of his mate that was burning and it was too late and ....................I don't know . sorry I just don't know.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

you dont need to be sorry Fuzz, i dint mean that you were upsetting me, i think i just meant your posts are more real than what we see in papers or on telly, cos you are there and telling real life personal stories:thinking: and i can feel your anguish:-1

Please dont feel guilty for anyhting yuo write, or for anything you have done or not been able to do, you are doing your best everyone will know that, and you and your colleagues have made a difference , quite a lot i would imagine:thinking:

Its helpng you to write this down in here ,, so you just carry on:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Wanna hear irony at it's best?

It's pissing down rain outside at the moment :yh_rotfl

god it's getting harder............Meh *shrugs * I need the water in the tank I suppose.

Crikey ..........nope gone already . well that was pleasent in the time it was to write this post :yh_rotfl

Oh my god I'm laughing like crazy right now it's absurd.:yh_rotfl:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1132124 wrote: Wanna hear irony at it's best?

It's pissing down rain outside at the moment :yh_rotfl

god it's getting harder............Meh *shrugs * I need the water in the tank I suppose.

Crikey ..........nope gone already . well that was pleasent in the time it was to write this post :yh_rotfl

Oh my god I'm laughing like crazy right now it's absurd.:yh_rotfl:-5

whoppee, great that its finally raining!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
minks

Post by minks »

Oh Fuzzy what a crazy rollercoaster, I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. Insane.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words and thoughts you all have been sending to Australia and to those on this board .

There will be much more heartache to come so I'll let this thread rest for a bit .

On a good note Police believe they know who started some of these fires and have a description of a motorbike and young man .

Those we have lost in Victoria&squo;s bushfires | Herald Sun

Anyway guys I've had a rest and I'm standby again .

I want to thank you all for your good wishes and words of support ....I / we needed them . Thank you from the bottom of my heart .:yh_hugs

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs

confirmed dead

Peter Avola, 67, Strathewen

Was killed by a fireball as he and wife Mary tried to escape their burning home.

Gary Bartlett, St Andrews

Gary was killed with his wife and daughter in their St Andrews home.

Jacinta Bartlett, St Andrews.

Jacinta died with her husband and daughter when a firestorm hit her St Andrews home.

Adrian Brown, Kinglake

Adrian, his wife and three children died when fire roared through their Bald Spur Rd home.

Mirrabelle Brown

Eric Brown, 8

Matthew Brown, 7

Brielle Brown, 3

Mackenzie Buchanan, 15, Kinglake

Died sheltering in his grandmother, Jenny Clark's home, with his sister and two friends. Mrs Clark suffered burns to 30 per cent of her body trying to save the children.

Neeve Buchanan, 9, Kinglake

Died huddling in her grandmother's home with her brother Mackenzie and two friends.

Raye Carter, in her 70s, St Andrews

The great-grandmother had been helping co-ordinate CFA troops when she returned to her property to protect livestock.

Penny Chambers, 21, Kinglake

Penny and her sister Melanie died trying to save their horses at their mother's property.

Melanie Chambers, 22, Kinglake

Melanie died with her sister Penny on their mother's property trying to save their horses.

Danny Clark, 37, Kinglake

Was huddling in his mother's home with his niece and nephew and two other children when the house burnt down killing the entire group.

Glenis Delminico, Marysville

Arthur Enver, 57, Mt Beauty

Firefighters believe Mr Envers crashed his Harley Davidson, and tried to run from a fire approaching over the Heidelberg-Kinglake Rd, but fell over trying to escape.

Reg Evans, 80, St Andrews

A popular actor who had roles in Mad Max and Blue Heelers, died protecting his property.

Melanee Hermocilla, 23

Died alongside her boyfriend Greg Lloyd, 22 and her brother Jaeson Hermocilla, 21, while house-sitting in Yarra Glen.

Jaeson Hermocilla, 21

George Jackson, St Andrews

Gareth Jones-Roberts, 48, Yarra Glen

A desperate dash to get fuel in the minutes before the fire hit Yarra Glen cost Gareth Jones-Roberts his life. The dedicated family man, 48, was trying to protect his parents' property as the fire approached.

Kevin Kane, 48, Long Gully, Bendigo

Mr Kane's sister Jill and her boyfriend Michael Ryan tried desperately to save Mr Kane but couldn't get through a wall of flames to reach him.

Laurel Lewis, 81, Marysville

Steve Lackas, 37, Wandong

The speedboat champion died trying to save his boat after his property was engulfed in flames.

Greg Lloyd, 22

Died alongside his gilfriend Melanee Hermocilla, and her brother Jaeson Hermocilla, while house-sitting in Yarra Glen

Errol Morgan, Marysville

Harley Morgan, Marysville

Brian Naylor, 78, Kinglake West

The former Channel 9 newsreader died at his Coombs Rd property with his wife Moiree.

Moiree Naylor, Kinglake West

The wife of former newsreader Brian Naylor was found at the couple's home.

Isak Nilsson, Marysville

Kirstie Nilsson, 39, Marysville

Allan O'Gorman, Humevale

Allan O'Gorman died a hero trying to save his wife and one of his sons.

Carolyn O'Gorman, Humevale

Stuart O'Gorman, Humevale

The O'Gormans are survived by their 21-year-old twin son and daughter.

Dr Rob Pierce, St Andrews

Prof Rob Pierce died trying to defend his house at St Andrews.

Paul Roland, Kinglake

Paul and his wife and two daughters were last heard from on Saturday when they had lost power to their home and were stuck at their property as bushfires raged.

Karen Roland, Kinglake

Caitlin Roland, 14, Kinglake

Nicola Roland, 12, Kinglake

Dr Ken Rowe, location unknown

Danny Shepherd, about 30, Ocean Grove

Marilyn Spooner, Strathewen

The Spooners were building a huge extension to their Strathewen home that wasn't quite finished when the blaze destroyed everything.

Damien Spooner, Strathewen

Dr Chris Towie, Reedy Creek, near Broadford

The partially deaf GP died when the inferno consumed his property. It is believed he was trying to save his animals.

Bill Walker, Narbethong

Found dead with his wife and disabled son at the family home.

Fay Walker, Narbethong

Died with her husband and disabled son at the family home

Geoffrey Walker, 53, Narbethong

The wheelchair-bound man was found dead with his elderly parents in their family home.

John Wilson, mid-50s, Mudgegonga

Died trying to protect his farmhouse alongside his wife.

Sue Wilson, mid-50s, Mudgegonga

Was killed with her husband John trying to save their farmhouse.

Eva Zann, 25, Kinglake

Died with her parents, Richard and Eileen, when fire consumed Bald Spur Rd.

Richard Zann, 64, Kinglake

Eileen Zann, 62, Kinglake

FEARED DEAD

Luke, Alan and Miros Jacobs, Traralgon
Odie

Post by Odie »

for all of those who lost their lives. R.I.P.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Thanks Fuzz for your posts and keep them up and I cant thank you enough for the work you are doing....take care my friend :-4:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Ally

Post by Ally »

Thanks again Fuzzy and just seeing all those names makes it even more heartbreaking.Your doing and uv done a wonderful job,id love to hug everyone of the firefighters they are fantastic people.I hope they get the little createn and i hope they get rid of him in a very painful way.A lot of people would like to get their hands on him im very sure.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Fuzzy, the list has left me speachless. :-1 You are such an angel and are doing so much to help the helpless. May God bless you and keep you safe.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I've just heard on our UK news that the death toll will probably be more than 300 ! The fires are still burning in various places, some of them because some bastard is restarting them ! Sorry, but I have terrible thoughts about those mass murderers.

Fuzzy, you and your fellow fire-fighters are doing an incredible job. You are doing your very best, the whole world knows that the Aussie fire-fighters are probably the best in the world. Be proud. Without such expertise, those fires would have been even more catastrophic, and far more lives lost. Bless you all XXX
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Everything in this thread causes my soul to cry out to all of you. I have had the privilige of being in Australia for two weeks a while back and it is a beautiful place full of wonderful people who would give you the shirt off their backs even if it was the only shirt they owned. Here in the room that I call my office/computer room, is hanging a flag of Australia with the best wishes of all my friends over there, a clock that tells me the time of day it is there and a picture of a sunset taken in a small town in Victoria. My photo file is filled with all sorts of wonderous things Australia showed to me and of all they folks that I feel priviliged to be able to call friends. I can barely think of what is happening there. It is so tragic.

May God or your higher power bless you and keep you safe.
Ally

Post by Ally »

sunshine;1132735 wrote: everything in this thread causes my soul to cry out to all of you. I have had the privilige of being in australia for two weeks a while back and it is a beautiful place full of wonderful people who would give you the shirt off their backs even if it was the only shirt they owned. Here in the room that i call my office/computer room, is hanging a flag of australia with the best wishes of all my friends over there, a clock that tells me the time of day it is there and a picture of a sunset taken in a small town in victoria. My photo file is filled with all sorts of wonderous things australia showed to me and of all they folks that i feel priviliged to be able to call friends. I can barely think of what is happening there. It is so tragic.

may god or your higher power bless you and keep you safe.

sunshine u are very kind, thank u for ur kind words about our great country and people.:-4:-4:-4:-4
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

moment of silence.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones. Seeing the names is heartbreaking.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1132025 wrote: found the footage of the Koala

YouTube - Koala drinking water from the Bush Fire Tragedy Crisis, Victoria - 10/02/2009

actually this was in today's paper, poor Koala had burnt paws and was injured...after giving her plenty of water, she is now in a rescue facility, poor baby......others were of kangaroos running with flames on them.

god bless these poor animals, the fright, the pain, the deaths.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Odie;1133063 wrote: actually this was in today's paper, poor Koala had burnt paws and was injured...after giving her plenty of water, she is now in a rescue facility, poor baby......others were of kangaroos running with flames on them.

god bless these poor animals, the fright, the pain, the deaths.Watched this on todays News on the Tele and it was so moving.....bless its dear little heart.....the animals like the humans didnt have a chance.....God what suffering.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Bless you, Fuzzy and thanks for the info, the photos, and keeping us up to date. I'm glad you've managed to have a rest now.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

When will it all end ? ................. well the fires will eventually be put out .......... that will end I suppose, till the next time.............. It will never end for those poor bereaved families ........... bless all those who have helped and are still helping in the thick of it !!
Odie

Post by Odie »

It won't end, the devastation, the ones without homes, the ones who were killed, how will their family's get on now?

The clean-up, more bodies will be found, preparations of loved ones burials and some do not even have homes or money for this as they themselves lost their homes.

I pray they have an extraordinary government there who will help each person and let's hope the insurance company's are ready to acknowledge their needs immediately, and that companies pitch in and help everyone.

This is a desperation time of need, caring and understanding.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Scrat;1133532 wrote: Is it normal for a live Koala to let people that close? I heard they can be very vicious. I guess there was a lot of them died in the fires. How did the Kangaroos fare? I would assume less were klled as they can travel fast.

they found that Koala in the bush, hurt and his pads were burnt, probably in shock, and the kangaroos were seen running with flames on them from the bush.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Scrat;1133532 wrote: Is it normal for a live Koala to let people that close? I heard they can be very vicious. I guess there was a lot of them died in the fires. How did the Kangaroos fare? I would assume less were klled as they can travel fast.

There is video footage of fires raging up hills, travelling faster than a car can go. What chance do people or animals have when fire travels like that ? It is so horrifying. A nightmare.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Scrat;1133554 wrote: I saw some of those G, I saw one that I definetly could not have outran, the whole hillside was a blanket of flame, like a big puddle of gasoline on fire. In another on a street people were still driving home ect down a street that had burning houses on it. I got the impression that the fire moved so fast people were totally unprepared. I can see why people got trapped or underestimated the situation.

I also read one guy about who saw Roos jumping a 2 lane highway in one bound to get away from a fire, one of them landed and jumped from the top of his car. It left a big dent and scratches. I guess he was waiting for the herd to move by instead of driving down the road.

omg again, so much destruction, hurt and pain.:-1
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Odie;1133517 wrote: It won't end, the devastation, the ones without homes, the ones who were killed, how will their family's get on now?

The clean-up, more bodies will be found, preparations of loved ones burials and some do not even have homes or money for this as they themselves lost their homes.

I pray they have an extraordinary government there who will help each person and let's hope the insurance company's are ready to acknowledge their needs immediately, and that companies pitch in and help everyone.

This is a desperation time of need, caring and understanding.

Odie you're quite correct . the hurt will last for some time to come

One of the more sadder bits of donations has come to everybodys attention . They need suits and proper dresses and attire ....sounds weird but those who have lost everything now have to go to the funerals and they have nothing to wear. it's weird when donating what we all forget . Things like toilet paper . People were asked to stop sending cans of food because they had enough ....but they had to ask people to begin donating can openers . Lots of things we take for granted in our everyday lives that just doesn't get thought about until it's needed.

The insurance companies to my knowledge have done an exellent job. Most insurance evaluators were at the staging areas very promptly so as to get the cash flowing . One man had taken out insurnce a few days before the fires and thought the claim may not have been put through but fortunetly the compnay said they'd back date his claim and he'd have the money in a week :):-6

The government have been exellent as well I don't know how much it's costs to rebuild an entire town but they are going to make sure it happens.

Scrat yes a healthy wild Koala would have performed bowel surgery on that firefighter normally......she must have been in great pain and very dehydrated , there are many stories of wildlife going into peoples houses and sheds in search of water.

As for the Backburns and burning off . Yes we burn right throughout the year and this is performed by the DSE. ............well, that is if the 'greenies' don't have something to say about it. You'll notice nobody has heard a peep from the Greens party since the fires. .:-5 I'm tipping they wouldn't want to raise their ugly heads or they might find them being shot off their shoulders.

There is one individual who was recently fined $50,000 for illegally clearing trees around his home on a bush block. Of an entire street guess who's house is the only one still standing? So he's asking for compensation from the council in the range of ...ummm $50,000 :wah: The irony of being able to prove you're right in the most drastic of ways eh?

The thing about clearing and burning here though has no consequence in this particular instance. This was a freak of nature even by our standards. Where we were fighting fires at one stage was cleared farm land and it made absolutely no difference whats so ever . The wind and embers took over entirely, and we were completey at its mercy. Our fires started from the Delburn Churchill fires, those fires were burning on the other side of the mountain ....not a hill..... a mountain. The fires jumped an entire mountain. I won't go into the science of it but when a plume of smoke reaches a certain height in the atmosphere anything that is carried upwards (embers pieces of bark etc.) can travel over 100 km easy. Once these bits and pieces are at a certain height it can be carried anywhere. So once that cloud (in one of the first pics I put up) began it's vertical slant we were fcked. These clouds create their own weather even their own thunderstorms. weird huh? many years ago after a major bushfire they found a peice of hot corrigated iron on a road just outside of Bendigo ........it had traveled , carried through the atmosphere from Geelong about 400 kms away. At first no one believed it, it was just a suspicion, but forensic tests were carried out and it turned out it came from a burning shed just outside of Geelong city.

I'll try to find the pics that will explain the circumstances of our fires .........not quite sure what happened up at Marysville and Kinglake. There is a particular phenomenom but I'm not sure if it was the case for them. god I hope not.:(
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

They got the prick!!!!!!

The man who lit the Churchill fires has been charged with arson causing death.

So do we hate him yet?

he's also been charged with unrelated offences , one of which is "Child pornography"!!!!!

No body knows who he is because they have supression orders stopping his identification.........Apparently , according to his solicitor 'he's a bit fragile at the moment" .

Apparently he could be a very psychologically ill man

YA EFFING THINK? :-5:-5:-5:-5
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

fuzzywuzzy;1133606 wrote: They got the prick!!!!!!

So do we hate him yet?

he's also been charged with unrelated offences , one of which is "Child pornography"!!!!!

No body knows who he is because they have supression orders stopping his identification.........Apparently , according to his solicitor 'he's a bit fragile at the moment" .

What makes them think that:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great news Fuzz,look after yourself:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Daughter just rang to say the fires at Beechworth is contained but if the winds turn northerly they will be heading in her direction:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

So do we hate him yet?

Pity we dont have the Death sentence:mad::mad:
FOC THREAD PART 1
Ally

Post by Ally »

So do we hate him yet?

THERE IS A GOD NOW THROW HIM TO THE SURVIVOURS.PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

[QUOTE=fuzzywuzzy;1133606]They got the prick!!!!!!

So do we hate him yet?

YA EFFING THINK

sick in more ways than one. Glad they caught the guy.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've begun putting the videos up now . sorry they are a bit boring. When I come across videos that are full on I always wonder what the heck they were doing while the proverbial was hitting the fan , i always think "shouldn't you have been busy"?......anyway this was a week before the Devon North/Yarram fires.( churchill complex fires.)

YouTube - Delburn Complex, Boolarra, Victoria, Jan / Feb 2009
Odie

Post by Odie »

So do we hate him yet?

oh thank god fuzzy! greatest news this week!

now, you take care of yourself, you have done so much!:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

-just heard on the news they still have fires in Victoria, but not threatening homes!:guitarist

others were aloud back to see their homes that were burnt to the ground, owners looked on in disbelief and fright, while comforting each other......these were the homes that were burnt by the arsonist.:-5:-5
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Have been getting emails & pics all week from a friend he sent me one pic that says it all:(

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

mrsk;1134889 wrote: have been getting emails & pics all week from a friend he sent me one pic that says it all:(

:-1
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well, my area is okey dokey now.:-6:-6

Update on Gippsland fire situation 0930hrs

The recent cooler weather has been assisting fire fighters with building and consolidating control lines and blacking out fire edges.

Fire crews from interstate and overseas are providing local crews with an opportunity to rest for a few days.

Churchill – Jeeralang Fire

Crews today will continue to identify and extinguish hot spots across the fire area. Infra red technology will continue to be used to assist in identifying hotspots. Construction of control lines and blacking out remain a priority.

Wilsons Promontory-Cathedral Fire

There is no significant change in the fire area with some fire activity in the north west and north east. Asset protection works around Tidal River village are almost complete and control line preparation around the airstrip is complete.

The indigenous cultural values team has been monitoring protection works and alerting crews to significant sites. Disturbance to these locations has been averted and has not interfered with the overall protection works.

Dargo-White Timber Spur Fire

There is no visible fire activity this morning. Patrolling and blacking out of areas that have been inaccessible by vehicle, due to wet tracks, will begin today.

East Tyers-Thomson Fire

A number of hot spots are burning within the fire perimeter. Crews will be working towards completing control lines around the perimeter of the fire today. They will also continue to monitor, patrol and black out the fire edge.

Bunyip State Park – Bunyip Ridge Track Fire

Tracking and blacking out of spot fires in the Longwarry division continues. Construction of containment lines in the northern sector near Nayook, Moomba (Basin Corner) and Limberlost sectors is almost complete. Crews will be back burning and increased smoke levels across the fire area can be expected today.

Community Meetings

Saturday 14th February, 11am at the Premier Function Centre, 29 Gray St, Traralgon

Saturday 14th February 11am at Neerim Junction Community Hall by agencies working on the Bunyip Ridge Fire to provide information to residents in the areas of McIntyre Rd, Paynter Rd, Wilson Rd, and Elton Rd.

Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1135094 wrote: Well, my area is okey dokey now.:-6:-6

so happy to hear this fuzzy!:-4
minks

Post by minks »

Odie;1135226 wrote: so happy to hear this fuzzy!:-4

Im happy to hear our FG members are safe. I know it's does not ease the pain of loss for othes. I can well imagine the absolute rage your fellow countrymen must feel coming back to homes that were razed by fire because some kneejerk arse wipe likes fire. I say toss him into the heart of a bush fire... How angry that makes me.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Pleased to hear that Fuzz:-4:-6
abbey

Post by abbey »

fuzzywuzzy;1135094 wrote: Well, my area is okey dokey now.:-6:-6Well done fuzz. :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Next sunday has been declared as a national day of mourning.

There will be a service at Rod Laver arena and will be televised throughout Australia.

I think I will go along with Pete since he worked that day too...........then that will be it for me. The pending Royal commission and the blame game is now beginning, I don't want to hear any of it. I'm glad they caught Brendon James whatshisface. but I'm spent. I need a break from it all now. I had to get off a forum last night because I couldn't handle the bunker disscussions for schools and the "when I was a lad" talk. I've become nervous of the wind. funny that really . I'm still fine with the fire flame thing but the wind makes me nervous.............I guess it's because the wind brought the fire. Everytime the wind picks up I find myself looking an the sky for a big ole cloud mass.. hhhhmmm I better go see someone about that. It's just silly being nervous of the wind. :o

Thanks to the interstate and overseas firefighters giving us a break at the moment . You're doing great guys.

Apparently we were on Red alert.........I'd never heard that term before so I asked one of my leftenents what it meant. he said "remember when we had no one telling us what to do or telling us where to go ? Well red alert is another way of saying fire at will."

Hhhmmmmm. Pete reckons i should actually go back and take a better look at the area and try to get my barings of the day . if I do I'll take the camera with me.

I've decided I need a holiday (along with the others on the truck that day) to be honest Snow/blizzards/rain/hail sounds really good to me right now.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1136945 wrote:

I've decided I need a holiday (along with the others on the truck that day) to be honest Snow/blizzards/rain/hail sounds really good to me right now.

Take all the time you need - you've earned it ten times over :-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

A holiday sounds like a good idea. You must be feeling utterly drained after all that. I can only imagine though.
Odie

Post by Odie »

take all the time you need hun........you did above and beyond!:-4
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

fuzzywuzzy;1136945 wrote: Next sunday has been declared as a national day of mourning.

There will be a service at Rod Laver arena and will be televised throughout Australia.

I think I will go along with Pete since he worked that day too...........then that will be it for me. The pending Royal commission and the blame game is now beginning, I don't want to hear any of it. I'm glad they caught Brendon James whatshisface. but I'm spent. I need a break from it all now. I had to get off a forum last night because I couldn't handle the bunker disscussions for schools and the "when I was a lad" talk. I've become nervous of the wind. funny that really . I'm still fine with the fire flame thing but the wind makes me nervous.............I guess it's because the wind brought the fire. Everytime the wind picks up I find myself looking an the sky for a big ole cloud mass.. hhhhmmm I better go see someone about that. It's just silly being nervous of the wind. :o

Thanks to the interstate and overseas firefighters giving us a break at the moment . You're doing great guys.

Apparently we were on Red alert.........I'd never heard that term before so I asked one of my leftenents what it meant. he said "remember when we had no one telling us what to do or telling us where to go ? Well red alert is another way of saying fire at will."

Hhhmmmmm. Pete reckons i should actually go back and take a better look at the area and try to get my barings of the day . if I do I'll take the camera with me.

If I had a way, I would send some over to you. Take all the time you need. You have done a great job and you deserve a good rest.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well done Fuzzy ! Yes we know it's your job, and yes bushfires happen in Australia, and yes you are all experienced in handling them, but crikey you guys performed a miracle and you are now exhausted. Be proud, go back and have a look at where you were working - it will be good therapy. You can say 'That is where the fire stopped, because of us, because of me, because of what we did'. Think of all the places you saved from destruction, not the places that you could not save.

There are so many thousand people who owe their lives to you firefighters.

Bless you all :-4:-4:-4
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Hot conditions coming up in Victoria again and still some bad bushfires:(
FOC THREAD PART 1

Return to “Australia”