Do You Multi Task?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Lon »

Example----------You start to do the dishes and have them on the sink ready to wash but then go into your bathroom to fetch some aspirin for your headache. You notice that your bed is unmade and start making it up but don't finish because the phone rings in the lounge and you go to answer it. You hang up the phone and go into your garage to get cat food for your cat. You notice that the ceiling light is burnt out and go back into the house to find a new light bulb. See where I'm going with this? You now have unwashed dishes, an unmade bed, a hungry cat and a dark garage. Some people call this multitasking. I call it unorganized chaos.

Can you start a simple task and complete it?

I always think of multitasking as something like talking on the phone with your bank at the same time as being on the computer ordering a new book from Amazon. Both of these things can be completed at the same time.

What's your thoughts on this?
kayleneaussie

Do You Multi Task?

Post by kayleneaussie »

i multi task all the time but i finish all my tasks:sneaky:
FOC THREAD PART 1
Clodhopper

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Clodhopper »

I'm single track. I am lucky enough to have very intense concentration.

But I can't walk and chew gum at the same time!:wah:
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Peg

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Peg »

Some days I am more easily distracted than other days. Every task gets finished the same day just sometimes not all at once.
Amber Sun

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Amber Sun »

I agree Lon, I don't see that as multi tasking either, however there are exceptions to every rule in the case you mentioned.

As far as I'm concerned I only stop doing the dishes if the phone rings because it may be my daughter, other than that everything else can wait.

Multi tasking to me, at this stage in my life, is sewing or painting but taking time out to add vegetables to the roast I'm having for supper or putting honey and garlic on the ribs and sliding them back into the oven to finish cooking and going back to my sewing, computer etc. When my girls were little it was a different story but now I just take my time and like to concentrate on one or two things at a time.
sunny104

Do You Multi Task?

Post by sunny104 »

Lon;1145587 wrote: Example----------You start to do the dishes and have them on the sink ready to wash but then go into your bathroom to fetch some aspirin for your headache. You notice that your bed is unmade and start making it up but don't finish because the phone rings in the lounge and you go to answer it. You hang up the phone and go into your garage to get cat food for your cat. You notice that the ceiling light is burnt out and go back into the house to find a new light bulb. See where I'm going with this? You now have unwashed dishes, an unmade bed, a hungry cat and a dark garage. Some people call this multitasking. I call it unorganized chaos.

Can you start a simple task and complete it?

I always think of multitasking as something like talking on the phone with your bank at the same time as being on the computer ordering a new book from Amazon. Both of these things can be completed at the same time.

What's your thoughts on this?

that sounds more like ADD! :wah: and, I'm a bit of both...but I do finish what I start.
qsducks

Do You Multi Task?

Post by qsducks »

sunny104;1145736 wrote: that sounds more like ADD! :wah: and, I'm a bit of both...but I do finish what I start.

Is that what's wrong with me?:wah:
kayleneaussie

Do You Multi Task?

Post by kayleneaussie »

I agree multi tasking is doing and finishing two things at once....like I pick up a screaming baby go into the laundry put the washing in the machine and get that going I then feed the baby and the phone rings and I can talk and feed at the same time but I must admit having two small babies there is times I start things like making the bed and a baby cries before I finish so I leave that attend to baby then go to finish the bed and notice the dishes arent done so stack the dishwasher then head back to the bedroom....this isnt disorganised cause all my task get finished, its all done and thats why we are women and you are men.:D;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
along-for-the-ride

Do You Multi Task?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I am a woman, therefore, I multi-task. :)

I'm here on the computer. cooking supper, watching the TV program hubby is watching, doing a load of laundry.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Betty Boop

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Betty Boop »

Yup...... I am right now, laying in bed with my laptop cruising the net, coffee to the right, chocolate to the left :D:wah:
minks

Do You Multi Task?

Post by minks »

Lon hehehe you explain classic ADD or classic AGE hehehehe

I can't mulit task to save my life. Well now wait look over there something shiney, I will get back to you on this.

:yh_rotfl
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
shelbell

Do You Multi Task?

Post by shelbell »

I can to an extent. I start my dishes soaking, then throw in a load of laundry...by that time the dishes can be washed, then I put another sink full in to soak, switch over laundry, then back to the sink. I pretty much see something that needs to get done and do it, then I go back to what I was doing in the first place.
Lon

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Lon »

I suspect that just due to being female plus duties as a mother and organizer of most households, doing any number of tasks at the same time is not only normal, but necessary. Having said that, I still think that men for the most part tend to finish one task before going on to another. On the other hand-----single male or females with no responsibilities for children that have many uncompleted tasks going might be suffering some degree of ADD
mrsK

Do You Multi Task?

Post by mrsK »

I multi task all the time.

Cook,phone,wash,housework etc we all do it from time to time.

I would say women do it more than men.

I was watching someone this morning taking their laundry of the clothes line.

Instead of moving the line to the basket they,kept walking to the clothes & walking back to the basket.

I found that very interesting if not weird:confused:
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Odie

Do You Multi Task?

Post by Odie »

I always have multi-tasked, but have always gotten things done.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”