Designer dogs

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
buttercup

Designer dogs

Post by buttercup »

They are crossing everything nowardays and charging big money for them. In some cases much more than the recognized breeds.

So what do you think of cockerpoo's, huskamutes, spanadors ect?

Are the 'known breeds' too inbred and suffering too many health problems due to that?

How do you work out one dog is worth this and another that ect?

Your thoughts?
Lon

Designer dogs

Post by Lon »

Looks a bit like my nephew.

Attached files
Bill Sikes

Designer dogs

Post by Bill Sikes »

buttercup;1202362 wrote: Your thoughts?

It depends on what the market will stand. If there wasn't much loot in it, it wouldn't happen - ditto for "pure" breeds.
hoppy

Designer dogs

Post by hoppy »

My cousin Les, had one rule about dogs. If they can't or won't hunt, they get shot.:D
Sunshine

Designer dogs

Post by Sunshine »

That poor dog. :-1 Whoever cross bred its parents should be shot.
Victoria

Designer dogs

Post by Victoria »

My dogs are all rejects.. two are pedigree, one is a a boren fox thats a working dog a cross jack russel/fox terrier .. great ratters.

Thing is they were all taken on by people who had no idea what to do with them once they were past the cute puppy stage..Then they were abused and rejected.

The designer dog of today is the shelter dog of tomorrow..

At Schipol airport the authorities are having to deal with the fall out of the designer handbag dog made famous by Paris Hilton. When owners are made aware that a handbag dog will not be allowed in the cabin as hand luggage the chihuahua's are being dumped at the airport.

Many known breeds are too inbreed take a look at the German shephard top line, the poor things can hardly walk.http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/179 ... shepherds/

The sooner the UK's dog ownership test is bought in the better and I cant say for the US but hopefiully once the UK adopts the plan the rest of Europe will too.

The Dog Owner Suitability Test Proposal - Official Consultation

This will help cut down impulse buying and people who have no clue buying via pet shops small ad's and internet. Not perfect but better than the no control at all which is the present situation.

Return to “Pets Animals”