brady in scottish jail move bid the AA grumpy column

Discuss the latest political news.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

good morning as another day dawns over the lawns and gardens of grumpy hall

with another chilling story .

Moors murderer Ian Brady has appealed to die in a Scottish prison after being inspired by the Lockerbie bomber's compassionate release.

Brady was jailed alongside Myra Hindley in 1966 for a series of child murders

The 71-year-old child killer is currently held in Ashworth High Security Hospital, Merseyside.

But after being force-fed following a series of hunger strikes, he has appealed for a switch so he can die in Scotland, the country of his birth.

Brady's lawyer Giovanni di Stefano said his client had been encouraged by the return of Abdelbaset al Megrahi to Libya last month.

He told the Daily Record newspaper: "There is no reason Brady should not return to his own country just like Mr al Megrahi did.

"The attitude regarding mental health in Scotland is perhaps somewhat diverse to the UK.

"I have told Brady that he may well achieve his goal by being transferred there."

Mr Di Stefano hopes to have Brady moved under the Repatriation of Prisoners Act 1984

Brady, who was born in Glasgow, was jailed alongside Myra Hindley in 1966 for murdering five children in the Manchester area in the 1960s.

Moors Murderer Ian Brady Prison Switch Request: Al Megrahi Inspired Killer's Bid For Scotland Return | UK News | Sky News

AAG

and when he gets moved to a scottish jail will he suddenly develop a serious illness to gain compassionate release ?

could you imagine a 75 year old ian brady standing behind your child in a queue as he waits to be served a diabolical though eh ?.

but this could happen as the do gooders and money motivated legal teams try to get brady moved.

the only way he must come out of ashworth is in a wooden overcoat.

if brady gets his way the next thing will be for the likes of peter sutcliffe to be release on compassionate grounds.

brady escaped a date with hangman albert pirrepoint he must not be allowed to escape the secure walls of ashworth.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Don't think it'd do him much good. There are some you could never risk letting out.

There's a guy round here let out of Broadmoor. He's ancient and decrepit and heading towards being a tourist attraction.:wah: A very sad life and no-one seems to begrudge him a few years without prison bars before he dies.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Jack Straw would not dare sanction his release besides, what oil trades could we benifit from for his release? :sneaky:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Libya was a terrorist and terrorist-supporting state. It isn't now. It's a trading partner. Good result, in my opinion.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1241527 wrote: Libya was a terrorist and terrorist-supporting state. It isn't now. It's a trading partner. Good result, in my opinion. If the transfer goes ahead, who next ? Brady asking for compassionate release? Ian Huntley as he has liver disease I believe? That's why Jack Straw can not make a precedent on English murderers.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

...can't see it happening.

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1241537 wrote: ...can't see it happening.
Of couse Sutcliff will try it but I can't see it happening either.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by panto andy

the only way he must come out of ashworth is in a wooden overcoat.

if brady gets his way the next thing will be for the likes of peter sutcliffe to be release on compassionate grounds.

Each case is looked at on it's merits. Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds he posed no further threat, had somewhere to go and was about to die. Brady may or may not be about to die but where would he go if released? Why would he be released under a prisoner exchange agreement? it's absurd and it's jack straw's problem.

The attitude regarding mental health in Scotland is perhaps somewhat diverse to the UK.

Interesting the number of papers etc that seem to have already accepted scotland is no longer part of the UK. Prescience or wishful thinking?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1241546 wrote:

Interesting the number of papers etc that seem to have already accepted scotland is no longer part of the UK. Prescience or wishful thinking? Delusion :yh_rotfl
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

pantoandy;1241406 wrote: Moors murderer Ian Brady has appealed to die in a Scottish prison after being inspired by the Lockerbie bomber's compassionate release.

Not a chance in Hell. His crimes were committed in England, he was arrested, tried and convicted in England - under English Law.

This being the case he has no grounds to ask to be transferred to another legal system.

We don't want him anyway...
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Oscar Namechange

Chookie;1241665 wrote:

We don't want him anyway... Don't blame you your Chookiness. He was a perfect example for the death penalty.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

gmc;1241546 wrote: posted by panto andy

Each case is looked at on it's merits. Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds he posed no further threat, had somewhere to go and was about to die. Brady may or may not be about to die but where would he go if released? Why would he be released under a prisoner exchange agreement? it's absurd and it's jack straw's problem.

Interesting the number of papers etc that seem to have already accepted scotland is no longer part of the UK. Prescience or wishful thinking?

despite this he still killed over 200 people over lockerbie

that in my book is genocide and yet he served 8 years which was not enough.

megrahi returned to a heros welcome he should have been handed over to the americans to face the rest of his life in prison or executed.

im with obama on this one we trade with a terrorist country swaping prisoners for oil and risk everything we have built with our allies the usa.

brown or straw commited a grave treasonous folly when handing back megrahi and doing deals with libya which is a dangerous game and will certainly put labour out of the running in the next election as the tories will use this as a political weapon against them.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

pantoandy;1242031 wrote: despite this he still killed over 200 people over lockerbie
That is still unproven....

pantoandy;1242031 wrote: brown or straw commited a grave treasonous folly when handing back megrahi and doing deals with libya which is a dangerous game and will certainly put labour out of the running in the next election as the tories will use this as a political weapon against them.
How often do we need to tell you? Brown and Straw, along with the whole government of the UK, had nothing to do with matter. The Scottish legal system is and was the only one involved, and the UK was and is incompetent to give any orders to our legal system.

Got that? Nothing to do with any bullshit emanating from London. They had nothing to do with the decision.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1242031 wrote: despite this he still killed over 200 people over lockerbie

that in my book is genocide and yet he served 8 years which was not enough.

megrahi returned to a heros welcome he should have been handed over to the americans to face the rest of his life in prison or executed.

im with obama on this one we trade with a terrorist country swaping prisoners for oil and risk everything we have built with our allies the usa.

brown or straw commited a grave treasonous folly when handing back megrahi and doing deals with libya which is a dangerous game and will certainly put labour out of the running in the next election as the tories will use this as a political weapon against them.

One option the court didn't take at the time was to hand down a verdict of not proven-one that is unique to scotland so far as I know. In the circumstances it might have been the right one but I can just imagine the reaction

posted by chookie

How often do we need to tell you? Brown and Straw, along with the whole government of the UK, had nothing to do with matter. The Scottish legal system is and was the only one involved, and the UK was and is incompetent to give any orders to our legal system.

thought it needed emphasis, don't know whether pantoandy is being deliberately obtuse, is too thick to understand or just can't grasp the concept that we have a eoperte legal system.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

Chookie;1242081 wrote: That is still unproven....

Got that? Nothing to do with any bullshit emanating from London. They had nothing to do with the decision.

ok my apologies

in which case the idiots in the scottish assembly ( am i right ? ) comitted a grave folly by handing meghari back.

and you say brown didnt have any say in this not that he,ll admit too.
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1242409 wrote: ok my apologies

in which case the idiots in the scottish assembly ( am i right ? ) comitted a grave folly by handing meghari back.

and you say brown didnt have any say in this not that he,ll admit too. Brown was wrangling for his release years ago after being warned by BP that he could lose mega oil deals.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

gmc;1242327 wrote: One option the court didn't take at the time was to hand down a verdict of not proven-one that is unique to scotland so far as I know. In the circumstances it might have been the right one but I can just imagine the reaction

posted by chookie

thought it needed emphasis, don't know whether pantoandy is being deliberately obtuse, is too thick to understand or just can't grasp the concept that we have a eoperte legal system.

please do not post insults on my column.

that is most childish and not how a FG senior should behave.

if i called you a scottish b*****d i would recieve an infraction point.

an apology would be nice if you are big enough to apologise.
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1242412 wrote: please do not post insults on my column.

that is most childish and not how a FG senior should behave.

if i called you a scottish b*****d i would recieve an infraction point.

an apology would be nice if you are big enough to apologise.

Call me what you will. Your post is quite obviously aimed at implying if brady got transferred to a Scottish prison he would be released on compassionate grounds because we are soft and yet you still seem to think it would be up to jack straw or gordon brown. Clearly the concept of a separate legal system is one you have difficulty understanding-or you were either being deliberately obtuse, can't understand the nuances of British politics (and having read the BNP manifesto clearly they don't understand it) or you consider them unimportant and arec happy to ride roughshod over them which the BNP clearly are. You are quite well aware of the situation vis a vis the Scottish courts and the release of megrahi yet it seems the point has to be emphasised before you get it.

Most of the posts you start are intended to be provocative and invite a response as was this one, they are often in the form of rants and I occasionally find them offensive. For you to try to be provocative and then bleat injured sensibilities when you provoke a response you don't like is ludicrous.

If I offended you I'm not particularly bothered and I have no intention of apologising. Call me what you will but don't confuse me with someone whose feelings would be hurt.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

gmc;1242487 wrote: Call me what you will. Your post is quite obviously aimed at implying if brady got transferred to a Scottish prison he would be released on compassionate grounds because we are soft and yet you still seem to think it would be up to jack straw or gordon brown. Clearly the concept of a separate legal system is one you have difficulty understanding-or you were either being deliberately obtuse, can't understand the nuances of British politics (and having read the BNP manifesto clearly they don't understand it) or you consider them unimportant and arec happy to ride roughshod over them which the BNP clearly are. You are quite well aware of the situation vis a vis the Scottish courts and the release of megrahi yet it seems the point has to be emphasised before you get it.

Most of the posts you start are intended to be provocative and invite a response as was this one, they are often in the form of rants and I occasionally find them offensive. For you to try to be provocative and then bleat injured sensibilities when you provoke a response you don't like is ludicrous.

If I offended you I'm not particularly bothered and I have no intention of apologising. Call me what you will but don't confuse me with someone whose feelings would be hurt.

i do not sink to personally insulting those who post replies on the AA grumpy column if i offend i am big enough to apologise.

i welcome all replies on the AA grumpy column but there is no need to attack me with personal insults.

as i have stated before the object of the AA grumpy column is for me to find a debateable piece of news post it and throw it open to discussion.

i admit i often post a bit near the knuckle but what i write is not always my personal opinion i write as my alter ego AA grumpy and try to be entertaining in my column as well as informative as a lot of my stories are found in the national newspapers like the sun.

never the less i dont hold it against you and hope you continue to follow the rantings of AA grumpy.

yours

the grumps
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1242541 wrote: i do not sink to personally insulting those who post replies on the AA grumpy column if i offend i am big enough to apologise.

i welcome all replies on the AA grumpy column but there is no need to attack me with personal insults.

as i have stated before the object of the AA grumpy column is for me to find a debateable piece of news post it and throw it open to discussion.

i admit i often post a bit near the knuckle but what i write is not always my personal opinion i write as my alter ego AA grumpy and try to be entertaining in my column as well as informative as a lot of my stories are found in the national newspapers like the sun.

never the less i dont hold it against you and hope you continue to follow the rantings of AA grumpy.

yours

the grumps

In that case I would apologise to the persona behind panto andy. But panto andy is stiill a pillock.

Return to “Current Political Events”