Who else has a Chr_stmas tree up already?

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Yep. I am skipping Thanksgiving and went ahead and put up my Chr_stmas tree, decorations, outside lights and even wrapped a few presents and placed them under the tree. :D Who else has already started decorating for Chr_stmas this year?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Peg

Post by Peg »

Bah freaken humbug! Why do you not put the "i" in Christmas? Christmas trees always look nice, but they get on my nerves after a while. Now is way too soon for me.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i wont be putting any tree up this year i will buy my 13 year old daughter as many presents as i can afford if all goes well my grandchild will be born so i will buy him /her a present ,i will not be putting any decoration up,i will not be buying any christmas food,i will not be having a christmas dinner this year i am opting out i will shut myself away on the 23rd of dec and come back out on the 2nd of jan :thinking::thinking:

but i wish all of you avery merry christmas and a happy new year :-6
G-man

Post by G-man »

Maybe "i" is selfish? There should be none of that during the Holidays! :p

I know how ya' feel Jimbutt. To be honest, I just got fed up with selfish/greedy family members who always seem to split up the family every time a wealthy family member dies. :-1 That's happened yet again with my family this year. I want nothing to do with them for now.

Anyway, I'm skipping a big family Thanksgiving this year. If I even have a Thanksgiving feast, there will be a total of four guests (only two family members... and two potential future family members). Mind you, I kicked one family member out earlier this year, but that was necessary for my own sanity (assuming it's still there.. or ever was there. :p ).

Odie

Post by Odie »

G-man;1263122 wrote: Yep. I am skipping Thanksgiving and went ahead and put up my Chr_stmas tree, decorations, outside lights and even wrapped a few presents and placed them under the tree. :D Who else has already started decorating for Chr_stmas this year?

what? in November?

what happened to the i?
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Odie;1263134 wrote: what? in November?

what happened to the i?

Haven't you ever heard of Chr_stmas in July? What's wrong with November? :wah:

There is no "i"! :-5:p

mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

No, far too early for me.

Enjoy!:yh_star
Odie

Post by Odie »

G-man;1263138 wrote: Haven't you ever heard of Chr_stmas in July? What's wrong with November? :wah:

There is no "i"! :-5:p

you just want your prezzies.:yh_rotfl
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

ME!!! I also have christmas lights in my room :)
Smoke signals ftw!
Barman

Post by Barman »

Never, no way. I spose you buy Easter eggs in January.;):wah:
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

I just bought a new tree and I have it standing in the foyer where I always put it. It came with its lights all ready on it. Been plugging it on the last two nights as it is so dark, rainy and dreary outside. No ornaments yet but had a busy week-end or they would have been on. Am going with bright lime green, purple, red and gold this year. Don't have the purple ornaments yet so have to wait til I am in a city. Our town is so small we are lucky to find replace ment light bulbs. :driving:
Peg

Post by Peg »

G-man;1263122 wrote: Yep. I am skipping Thanksgiving and went ahead and put up my Chr_stmas tree, decorations, outside lights and even wrapped a few presents and placed them under the tree. :D Who else has already started decorating for Chr_stmas this year?

I almost forgot to ask the most important question! What are you buying me for Chr_stmas? Perhaps we should stop deleting the spam so you have plenty to choose from. :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:thinking: What no Thanksgiving that is the one holiday I enjoy the most no gifts required just a great dinner with family and friends best holiday in my opinion. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Not me, but shopping malls are already decked with holly etc. You know Christmas is approaching in Sydney when the gardenias start to perfume every garden, and the markets are full of the new season's cherries. I love Christmas. We'll get a tree in mid December.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

G-man

Post by G-man »

Barman;1263150 wrote: Never, no way. I spose you buy Easter eggs in January.;):wah:
This was just a one time occurance. Although, I traditionally have purchased holiday gifts throughout the year... well, when I had the means to do so. I believe that gifts should be thoughtful, so when I've been out with a loved one and I noticed they liked something I'd go back and get it and store it away.

Bridget;1263151 wrote: I just bought a new tree and I have it standing in the foyer where I always put it. It came with its lights all ready on it. Been plugging it on the last two nights as it is so dark, rainy and dreary outside. No ornaments yet but had a busy week-end or they would have been on. Am going with bright lime green, purple, red and gold this year. Don't have the purple ornaments yet so have to wait til I am in a city. Our town is so small we are lucky to find replace ment light bulbs. :driving:
It has a practical use! :wah: Bright lime? I can see that on the West Side of Chicago, but downstate Illinois? You could blind a passerby! :wah:

Peg;1263160 wrote: I almost forgot to ask the most important question! What are you buying me for Chr_stmas? Perhaps we should stop deleting the spam so you have plenty to choose from. :wah:
:yh_rotfl

CARLA;1263163 wrote: :thinking: What no Thanksgiving that is the one holiday I enjoy the most no gifts required just a great dinner with family and friends best holiday in my opinion. :-6
I DO love Thanksgiving... and I certainly have plenty to be thankful for! The only thing I might have to watch out for this year is eating too much... for the first time in my life it's become an issue! :wah::D That's actually a good thing... as last Chr_stmas I weighed half what I do now. I do need to be careful as I do have a trememdous appetite and I've been able to eat and eat and never worry about putting on weight since I was a teenager.

AussiePam;1263166 wrote: Not me, but shopping malls are already decked with holly etc. You know Christmas is approaching in Sydney when the gardenias start to perfume every garden, and the markets are full of the new season's cherries. I love Christmas. We'll get a tree in mid December.
That's one thing I won't have to worry about. I'm getting started early and I'm going to do a fair amount of online shopping, too. I will be going to Chicago and shopping the Miracle Mile this year, but mostly because I always loved doing that every year when I lived there.

librtyhead

Post by librtyhead »

We will be having Christmas this year under the picnic table in honor of the first one.:-4

The tree usually goes up Dec 20th and comes down Dec 28th they shed so much the vacume clogs and catches fire otherwise.
imsarahmiley

Post by imsarahmiley »

I have just started. I got the new artificial tree, and some ornaments. All things are at the initial stage. I have decided to modify following tree. how is it. please share some decor tips, and ideas or suggestions. any suggestion would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks Sarah
Happy ThanksGiving!!!!!!!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

imsarahmiley;1263299 wrote: I have just started. I got the new artificial tree, and some ornaments. All things are at the initial stage. I have decided to modify following tree. how is it. please share some decor tips, and ideas or suggestions. any suggestion would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks Sarah

oh Sarah, its beautiful.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

librtyhead;1263263 wrote: We will be having Christmas this year under the picnic table in honor of the first one.:-4

The tree usually goes up Dec 20th and comes down Dec 28th they shed so much the vacume clogs and catches fire otherwise.

under a picnic table?

Return to “Holidays”