My New Years challenge for all FG'ers

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Out with the old and lets ring in the new, and what a better day to do this than New Years Day. FG used to be such a wonderful place to me. There was such a spirit of friendship and comaraderie...but so much of that has seemed to disappear. Too much fighting, arguing, flaming, baiting, ganging up on, and some just plain meaness. I believe it's never too late to put the past behind us and start anew.

So here is my challenge for all of us, myself included...lets set aside some of our differences that have caused many a lot of pain and anguish, and find at least one person to make amends to.

I'll start....

To Spot it seems we butt heads whenever we're on the same threads...I'd like to bury the hatchet and wish you a very happy and wonderful new year! :-6
ButterflyPrincess

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

I think that is a wonderful idea..

Right off the top of my head i can't think of who I made mad so I will just say I am sorry. It's a new year.. new beginning and anything is possible! :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'd like to bury the hatchet and wish you a very happy and wonderful new year!

But you didn't say where you want to bury the hatchet:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Watch out Spot shelly could be the next FG axe murderer.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

You're right shell, and it's a lovely challenge
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I agree, it's a wonderful idea. :)

I'm sorry to the people I've upset this year. I don't like arguing with my friends.

I'm also sorry that people have upset me this year. It's never a one-way street. People see things differently. People react differently. Events in your day-to-day life can cause you to react differently to the same problem on different days.

People are usually never all-right or all-wrong. There are always different ways of handling things.

I agree with Shellbell, lets be grateful for what we have, a warm, friendly, family-oriented community of friends. :-4 :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

well done shell!:guitarist

I apologize if I hurt or upset anyone here.

It was never my intent to do this.

If I have, please contact me and we can discuss this.

I am rather disturbed with the ones who had upset me this past year & know they will not apologize, but that also told me who are my 'real' friends are.:-4

-nasty pms and emails, we all need to vent, but we must start to vent to ourselves.

-inappropriate fowl language used on facebook, gossip on ea, in live chat rooms and drama?

Like G-man had said, what goes on in one forum....stays in that forum.

as I have always said, everybody doesn't love everybody as that's just impossible, but lets try to be civil and respect one another.

It's a new year.

we only have one chance in this world, lets make it a good one.
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

OOOH someone's got a hatchet.. No No... I'm not going to think of that... Focus elsewhere AussiePam... Hatchets are very 2009... In 2010 we are all resolving it seems to be understanding and kind and not misinterpret things, or correct each other's grammar or spelling or logic. This might be too hard.... I gotta think deeply.

Could I keep a very small axe or maybe a little penknife... I mean.. can a leopard change her Spot?????

Is there anyone I should kiss and/or share makeup with???
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1278071 wrote: OOOH someone's got a hatchet.. No No... I'm not going to think of that... Focus elsewhere AussiePam... Hatchets are very 2009... In 2010 we are all resolving it seems to be understanding and kind and not misinterpret things, or correct each other's grammar or spelling or logic. This might be too hard.... I gotta think deeply.

Could I keep a very small axe or maybe a little penknife... I mean.. can a leopard change her Spot?????

Is there anyone I should kiss and/or share makeup with???

I'll kiss you, just because I can.:-4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

But you're female, Odie.... I know it's fashionable to bend one's gender but could we just shake hands... or do the French bise .. one air kiss on each side?.... That would work.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

shelbell;1278014 wrote:

So here is my challenge for all of us, myself included...lets set aside some of our differences that have caused many a lot of pain and anguish, and find at least one person to make amends to.

I'll start....

To Spot it seems we butt heads whenever we're on the same threads...I'd like to bury the hatchet

Just for clarification purposes where exactly did you want to bury the hatchet?
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

That has apparently been almost everyone's first thought, Nomad.... and a very very difficult thought to just put aside... :thinking: I'm trying to be strong... Can I just hold the hatchet for a moment... please..... one teensy little moment.... pant pant pant... ooops

Attached files

mrsK

Post by mrsK »

OK.

I am sorry if I have done the wrong thing by anyone this past year.

I am all for burying hatchets too Shell:-6

If I have hurt you in some small/big way?:confused:

Let me know & we can resolve the situation.

I can't think of anyone that I have upset.

But if I don't know, that I have upset you.

I can't fix it.

:-6:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

AussiePam;1278081 wrote: That has apparently been almost everyone's first thought, Nomad.... and a very very difficult thought to just put aside... :thinking: I'm trying to be strong... Can I just hold the hatchet for a moment... please..... one teensy little moment.... pant pant pant... ooops

Its fine. Youre a GOOD person that did one little bad thing. Pft.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Shell:-6

I really appreciate your thoughts about friendships in FG as it is so disturbing what goes on behind the scenes.

It's just unfortunate that a few members, and it's truly is just a few, will act innocent, loving and caring and then turn around and write nasty pm's and emails about members here.....AND also write nasty things about FG members on other sites.....How is that being a friend?

Perhaps those members should 'cop onto themselves' and be more civil and stop this nonsense.

It would be so nice to get back to the Forum Garden that we once knew. Guess that's how the cycle goes...good times and bad times.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1278086 wrote: Hello Shell:-6

I really appreciate your thoughts about friendships in FG as it is so disturbing what goes on behind the scenes.

It's just unfortunate that a few members, and it's truly is just a few, will act innocent, loving and caring and then turn around and write nasty pm's and emails about members here.....AND also write nasty things about FG members on other sites.....How is that being a friend?

Perhaps those members should 'cop onto themselves' and be more civil and stop this nonsense.

It would be so nice to get back to the Forum Garden that we once knew. Guess that's how the cycle goes...good times and bad times. Happy new Year to you Kathy :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Seriously, I totally agree, Kathy. Best to stay front of stage in any event, and keep well out of those seething backrooms. I strayed in there once a few years ago and never again.

Give peace a chance!!

mrsK

Post by mrsK »

AussiePam;1278091 wrote: Seriously, I totally agree, Kathy. Best to stay front of stage in any event, and keep well out of those seething backrooms. I strayed in there once a few years ago and never again.

Give peace a chance!!
I am hearing you Pam.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Kathy Ellen;1278099 wrote: I just wish that we had a "FG Lounge" to go to where we could really just hash out our issues with each other. I don't mean a place to rage against each other...just a place to talk and question and be a bit honest.

How about a happy medium. One place to mend and another to destroy?

Win win right?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1278074 wrote: But you're female, Odie.... I know it's fashionable to bend one's gender but could we just shake hands... or do the French bise .. one air kiss on each side?.... That would work.

I am not a lesbian!:-5:yh_rotfl

a kiss on both cheeks or a hug to a women from a woman is just normal here.:)

now this is what I do to Nomie!

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1278081 wrote: That has apparently been almost everyone's first thought, Nomad.... and a very very difficult thought to just put aside... :thinking: I'm trying to be strong... Can I just hold the hatchet for a moment... please..... one teensy little moment.... pant pant pant... ooops

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1278116 wrote: Thanks Pam....:-6

You gave me a lot to think about....I'm forgetting that FG members will discuss issues about FG on their other forums....

And we all don't need that do we? Well at least you & I cleared the air today and I told Quin you said hi & he says hi back but is currently on the floor w/zombie #1 watching a movie lol
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1278117 wrote: And we all don't need that do we? Well at least you & I cleared the air today and I told Quin you said hi & he says hi back but is currently on the floor w/zombie #1 watching a movie lol

Agreed Ducky, we need harmony here.:-6

Give Quin my best wishes for a Happy New Year;)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1278116 wrote: Thanks Pam....:-6

You gave me a lot to think about....I'm forgetting that FG members will discuss issues about FG on their other forums....

I think there are some forums which exist only for that, rather sadly, Kathy. Also, real forum addicts seem to post furiously (in all senses of the word) everywhere. In my past wanderings, I kept running into the same people - with different names, usually of course.

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1278119 wrote: Agreed Ducky, we need harmony here.:-6

Give Quin my best wishes for a Happy New Year;)

And now I present you with my latest signature...and you know what it is:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1278122 wrote: And now I present you with my latest signature...and you know what it is:wah:

Sure and begorra...We love Ireland, don't we Ducky:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1278126 wrote: Sure and begorra...We love Ireland, don't we Ducky:-4

We were thinking of going back just this Christmas but no money lol...the siggy is the???????????????????????????? come on, you know what it is:wah:...well I know what it is:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I have joined other forums too,, some just to have a different place to go to, one that is sadly closing soon where i go and play games:wah: and one i just joined recently, which i actually came across because of being told about it, and that people were going there and slaggin off members here:( Learned a lot that day! I joined there though as there are some other people there that i know and like, and also out of boredom really as i dont post a lot here now and theres not many members left posting here now actually. This other place though at the moment seems evern quieter than here:wah: it will probably fall to the bottom of my faves list eventually in a heap with the rest:wah:

I dont apologise unless i feel i have something to apologise for, or unless i know what it is i have actually done and didnt intend any hurt at all. I wont apologise if i dont actually feel sorry, and i dont, i dont feel sorry for anything, I have never went out of my way to intentionally hurt someone, if someone thinks i should feel sorry for anything then let me know:-3 Also when i do apologise, i make a huge effort not to add "but" or "and i feel as if some should apologise to me too" as far as im concerned thats not really an apology, or at least not a sincere one.

I try hard to be straight with people, and my new years resolution (first time i ever made one!!) is to make sure i keep doing that no matter how many people think bad of me because of it. I have to be true to myself and not be a hypocrite. If i dont get on with people here i just stay away from them as much as possible. Thats civil to me:wah:

I have to say to Pam, a lot of wise words you have spoken here:)I wish you Love and happiness for the new year!!:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

The image of Pam + hatchet + manic grin will stay with me a long time. :wah:

Dear Aussiepam - wisdom from DownUnder,:-4

I'm very glad to say that most of what is being referred to has completely passed me by (partly no doubt because I come and go a bit), and the only other forum I post on is the BBC Rugby 606 site under the name Cowshot.

Hmmm. Thinking about it, I feel a bit left out.:(

Hah! I wiggle my hairy buttocks at all of you. So there!:D

(Just keep Aussiepam and that hatchet away...)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

You all have to be more tolerant and stop whispering in PM's about other members, when those who believe themselves to be more important leave then this board will become better for the rest of us.

I know from experience that some of you PM new members with your views on other people here, I also know that some of you encourage other members from other forums to come here just to attack members.

:eek:

Amazing.

Incidentally, what's IM?

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Ian: Oh, thanks. Am on Facebook, but almost never go there. Haven't picked up on the IM here either. Don't think I'll bother. Pms are fine for that, imo.

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

It always amazes me why people don't use the ignore function on any forum. If you do that then what they say is no longer visible. What you can't see, can't hurt you. I hope we can all just get along and respect one another. Life is way to short to be wasted on negative energy. I like this quote: "You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some people all of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Jazzy;1278161 wrote: It always amazes me why people don't use the ignore function on any forum. If you do that then what they say is no longer visible. What you can't see, can't hurt you. I hope we can all just get along and respect one another. Life is way to short to be wasted on negative energy. I like this quote: "You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some people all of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

I use the ignore function Jazyy,, but you know what,, that dam ignore function does not erase my bloody nosyness!!! (dam human nature):wah::wah: the thing is with the ignore function, you can still see that person has posted something, then you have the option to click on "View this post" to view the post:wah: Mind it does stop them from PM'ing you so thats something:lips: So you see ,, you still have to use your own self control, and mine aint always in control:o

have you tried the ignore function? go on, have a go you can put me on ignore if you like just to see how it works:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Barman

Post by Barman »

How on earth do people have the time to piddle about on different forums, ain't one enough.:wah:

If you all want to apologise to me that is fine, i will accept them all individually, send a pressie if you wish.:D
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

kazalala;1278166 wrote: I use the ignore function Jazyy,, but you know what,, that dam ignore function does not erase my bloody nosyness!!! (dam human nature):wah::wah: the thing is with the ignore function, you can still see that person has posted something, then you have the option to click on "View this post" to view the post:wah: Mind it does stop them from PM'ing you so thats something:lips: So you see ,, you still have to use your own self control, and mine aint always in control:o

have you tried the ignore function? go on, have a go you can put me on ignore if you like just to see how it works:D

I would never put you on ignore Kaz and I must have misunderstood the ignore feature: ForumGarden - FAQ :-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1278161 wrote: It always amazes me why people don't use the ignore function on any forum. If you do that then what they say is no longer visible. What you can't see, can't hurt you. I hope we can all just get along and respect one another. Life is way to short to be wasted on negative energy. I like this quote: "You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some people all of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

I now use the ignore button Jazzy and... it works.

like you said, what you don`t see, can`t hurt you.:yh_clap

and I thank a few for suggesting it.;)

Life is not a always a bowl of cherries, but ignore cherries are sweet.:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Jazzy;1278172 wrote: I would never put you on ignore Kaz and I must have misunderstood the ignore feature: ForumGarden - FAQ :-3

yep thats the one:D i just meant use me to have a go and see how it works,, of course you would have to then take me off your ignore list once you have seen otherwise i would hunt you down:sneaky::yh_rotfl let me know if im doing it wrong:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Carol, if you are reading this...........................................................

:-4
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

And to Kaz ..................................................

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1278196 wrote: Carol, if you are reading this...........................................................

:-4Yesterdays History Gill ....todays the present and like any gift has to be enjoyed.Some of us may not even be here this time next year and I dont mean just on this Site.Im through with pettiness...im through with reading lies on here and being told whats being said on other Sites and glad I dont belong to them to allow such nastiness....ive had it with the jealousy remarks....im through with so much now as its the important things in the RW that really matter and yes real friendship will go on forever no matter what...... in the RW as online. Happy New Year to you and your Family Gill and good on Shell for this Thread.;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"Blessed are the peacemakers.........for they are the children of God". :)

I too have been blissfully unaware of any underlying hostility amongst some of our members.

Nomad knows I harass him because I like him. He just cracks me up. :D

If there ever is an incident when I post something that hurts you, please let me know asap. I would never intentionally do that.

Good thread. :-6
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1278197 wrote: And to Kaz ..................................................

oh great!! Carol gets a little puppy and I get a white box saying account inactive haaarumph!!!:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thank you Gill:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1278223 wrote: "Blessed are the peacemakers.........for they are the children of God". :)

I too have been blissfully unaware of any underlying hostility amongst some of our members.

Nomad knows I harass him because I like him. He just cracks me up. :D

If there ever is an incident when I post something that hurts you, please let me know asap. I would never intentionally do that.

Good thread. :-6

you bother anyone...how silly of you by dear, you are the sweetest and kindness person here.:-4

then there`s Nomie!

:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;1278166 wrote: I use the ignore function Jazyy,, but you know what,, that dam ignore function does not erase my bloody nosyness!!! (dam human nature):wah::wah: the thing is with the ignore function, you can still see that person has posted something, then you have the option to click on "View this post" to view the post:wah: Mind it does stop them from PM'ing you so thats something:lips: So you see ,, you still have to use your own self control, and mine aint always in control:o

kazalala;1278143 wrote: I have joined other forums too,, some just to have a different place to go to, one that is sadly closing soon where i go and play games:wah: and one i just joined recently, which i actually came across because of being told about it, and that people were going there and slaggin off members here:( Learned a lot that day! I joined there though as there are some other people there that i know and like, and also out of boredom really as i dont post a lot here now and theres not many members left posting here now actually. This other place though at the moment seems evern quieter than here:wah: it will probably fall to the bottom of my faves list eventually in a heap with the rest:wah:

I dont apologise unless i feel i have something to apologise for, or unless i know what it is i have actually done and didnt intend any hurt at all. I wont apologise if i dont actually feel sorry, and i dont, i dont feel sorry for anything, I have never went out of my way to intentionally hurt someone, if someone thinks i should feel sorry for anything then let me know:-3 Also when i do apologise, i make a huge effort not to add "but" or "and i feel as if some should apologise to me too" as far as im concerned thats not really an apology, or at least not a sincere one.

I try hard to be straight with people, and my new years resolution (first time i ever made one!!) is to make sure i keep doing that no matter how many people think bad of me because of it. I have to be true to myself and not be a hypocrite. If i dont get on with people here i just stay away from them as much as possible. Thats civil to me:wah:

I have to say to Pam, a lot of wise words you have spoken here:)I wish you Love and happiness for the new year!!:-4

I have always apologized where I saw fit and right on the open boards, not on pm's which can get passed around, but when peeps go off slagging me & my friends on other forums, forget it as they will never get an apology from me and of course not even the time of day either. The ignore button is the best thing unless somebody quotes the person on my ignore...then well, I read it & just ignore it...mind over matter...
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Nomad;1278078 wrote: Just for clarification purposes where exactly did you want to bury the hatchet?

Does no one know the expression "bury the hatchet"? :p
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

AussiePam;1278112 wrote: One of the problems about a members lounge is that while it does protect us from casual guests' viewings, it does not protect us from those of us who belong to several forums and report backwards and forwards, often apparently not charitably. And isn't it this group who are doing most of the damage???? Just guessing there. I have no 'inside' info, and don't want any. Everything up front.

Cross forum stalking should be discouraged.

Different forums have different flavours. It's of course every member's business how many they have time to belong to, but when in Rome...... I don't like hearing that stuff I've said in here is being discussed in another forum, snarkily or not. I don't like suddenly getting a load of out of the blue emails from exmembers because I've said something in here which somehow now fits with an agenda they possibly have arising from past experiences in here.

Let's keep life simple. Say what we mean, as clearly as we can, but politely and diplomatically. Apologise if we have a bad day and let it show. Then not hold grudges. Let's cut down the gossip and dissecting the characters of others. We are all flawed humans. Let's try and make life easier for each other, not harder.

I shall now get off my soapbox and go back to pouring over last year's diaries, trying to make sense of 2009!! What was that year about??????

Great thoughts Pam! :-6
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Some here have gotten what I meant in my OP. I'm not sure why some here just want to complain about others, or insinuate that they expect an apology. What I had hoped for with this thread is that members reach out to other members that they may have had a falling out with, and as odie said, let bygones be bygones.

This is why I used Spot in my OP...we've barely been able to speak just a few civil words to each other, but I would like to "bury the hatchet" and be kinder to each other and accept each other the way we are...and hopefully get a little more harmony on the forum. Even if we don't want to make friends, or make friends again, it's a nice way to put the past behind us.

Way to go Gill, Carolly and Kaz! Isn't it great to let go of the past and start anew? I hope more members will join Gill in reaching out to others. :-6:-4
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

shelbell;1278014 wrote: Out with the old and lets ring in the new, and what a better day to do this than New Years Day. FG used to be such a wonderful place to me. There was such a spirit of friendship and comaraderie...but so much of that has seemed to disappear. Too much fighting, arguing, flaming, baiting, ganging up on, and some just plain meaness. I believe it's never too late to put the past behind us and start anew.

I'll start....

To Spot it seems we butt heads whenever we're on the same threads...I'd like to bury the hatchet and wish you a very happy and wonderful new year! :-6

i cant see how burying a hatchet in poor spots head can help
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Odie

Post by Odie »

el guapo;1278268 wrote: i cant see how burying a hatchet in poor spots head can help

it may help some!:yh_rotfl

Return to “General Chit Chat”