Allergies

Betty Boop

Allergies

Post by Betty Boop »

Any of the other gardeners out there got any allergies?

I've had eczema all my life and have just found out I'm allergic to wheat. After two weeks of being wheat free my eczema and dry skin have gone! Also have allergies to eggs, cat pollen??, dust mite and perfume.
Philadelphia Eagle

Allergies

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Our allergy season is in full swing now.

Luckily, I don't suffer but my wife, who loves being in the yard, has a bad time with grass pollen allergy.

Yesterday the thermometer touched 90 and, as it's worse as the mercury goes up, she had to retreat into the air-conditioning. To make matters worse our lot is like a dusty tinderbox. We haven't had any rain for weeks now and the temperatures are too high to create any condensation in the mornings.

She tries various sprays and pills to help but none of them have any lasting effect.

The good news is that the weather is expected to cool down next week and we might even get some rain.

If anyone has had a good experience of an allergy-busting drug she would welcome your input
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Lon

Allergies

Post by Lon »

Betty Boop wrote: Any of the other gardeners out there got any allergies?

I've had eczema all my life and have just found out I'm allergic to wheat. After two weeks of being wheat free my eczema and dry skin have gone! Also have allergies to eggs, cat pollen??, dust mite and perfume.
I am allergic to gardening and leave it to my wife.
koan

Allergies

Post by koan »

Betty Boop wrote: Any of the other gardeners out there got any allergies?

I'm not surprised at all that eliminating wheat solved your problem. I developed life threatening allergies to some chemicals, aluminums etc after doing special effects work for a number of years. The only help I've found is through diet. We encounter allergins all the time but our bodies can normally handle it. When your body is already stressed by consuming food that you are sensitive to then it can't handle the additional stress. I have trouble when my diet becomes sloppy but can handle most of my triggers when I stick to the program.

Most common: wheat, dairy, yeast and corn.
Betty Boop

Allergies

Post by Betty Boop »

I haven't had any hay-fever symptons yet this spring, so I'm hoping that maybe the hayfever was tied in with the food allergies!! Fingers crossed.

As a result of my allergies finally being diagnosed, we as a family are eating more healthily. You can't rely on convenience foods when you've got allergies, everything has to be done from scratch so you can be 100% sure theres nothing in it that can harm you.

I really miss pizza though, and proper bread!! The wheat free alternatives cost so much money as well.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”