What Would Convince You Jesus Was Here?

Discuss the Christian Faith.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

koan wrote: I said don't let it haunt you. You've been speaking down, IMO, to everyone who interpretes the bible differently from you since this thread began. I don't think you've taken to well to receiving what you've been giving out.You're right. I have been speaking down to people. That was wrong, and I am sorry. I will write with more consideration from now on. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Koan, you're a good moderator.
Look what the cat dragged in.
koan

Post by koan »

Thanks, tela. You are a very good writer.

BTW, I've been in a bad mood lately so some of that probably wasn't called for. :o
vilssss

Post by vilssss »

When Christ comes the second time. It will be such an event that not a soul on earth will mistaken for anything else. All will know it, but there will be two kinds of people in those days. The ones who are ready to recieve him and those who are not. The former will be happy to see Christ, the latter will run and ask the mountains to please fall on them in their search to cover their wickedness from the Savior. The latter also will be utterly distroyed.
beyelzu

Post by beyelzu »

people have been thinking that christ was going to be coming back anyday now for quite some time, just ask the jehovah witnesses.
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

beyelzu wrote: people have been thinking that christ was going to be coming back anyday now for quite some time, just ask the jehovah witnesses.

the witness's have been waiting for a LONG time, and he hasn't showed up yet?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Agnes wrote: the witness's have been waiting for a LONG time, and he hasn't showed up yet?
Ask Benny - the Pope
ldsguy

Post by ldsguy »

canaan wrote: That's kinda funny since Jesus Himself said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me" Sounds like Jesus was one of those who taught that His way was the only true religion, yes?

On the question at hand: I would be leary of anyone who came claiming to be Jesussd since scripture tells us that the Anti-Christ will be preforming great miracles and deceiving many into thinking he was the Messiah. As far as I can tell, when Jesus comes back....it won't be to convince anyone of anything. It will be to clean house.

Exactly! Also there will be no doupt about who He is.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Actually Jesus way is the way but that in no way denys the various faiths around the world that in fact practise what Jesus said and taught.'

In fact that quote "I am the way . . ." is something that John created in his understanding of Jesus. It is not a quote that goes back to the historical Jesus.

The gospels are not historical accounts but the writers attempts to come to grips with the meaning of Jesus for themselves and the church at the time of writing.

Shalom

Ted :-6
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

telaquapacky wrote: Imagine if you will, your friends call you panicked and tell you to turn on the T.V. You find to your shock that on every channel there is a man that everyone is claiming is the Christ, having returned to earth again...

What would it take to convince you? What would he be doing? What would be the nature of his coming? What would be your criteria of credibility of any scenario of the second coming of Christ?

First of all the church will be raptured then the tribulation will start and the antichrist will appear with false peace the first and three and a half years. he will let the jewish people sacrifice in the new temple that its going to be built but after the three and half years the antichrist stops all sacrifices and sets himself to be like a god and demands to be worshipped. He will have everybody to wear his mark either on your forhead or hand. You cannot buy or sell anything without the mark (ONE WORLD ORDER). If you accept the mark you are lost forever. Even in the tribulation if you don't worship the antichrist you can be saved but it won't be like now people will die for their salvation at that time, it's a terrible time. (ON TOP OF ALL THIS GOD IS POURING DOWN HIS WRATH TOO. GOD WILL JUDGE FOR ALL THE TIME HIS NAME WAS USED IN VAIN AND OTHER THINGS TOO)Jesus said it's going to be horrible no peace at all. Jesus will come at the end of the tribulation which is seven years he will come on a white horse with all the saints to do battle with the anticrist and all his followers.IT'S WAR WAR 3.

JESUS WILL SLEW THEM WITH THE SWORD WITCH IS THE WORD OF GOD. GOD CREATED THE WORLD WITH HIS WORD AND HE IS GOING TO DO BATTLE WITH IT TOO. SO THEIR WILL BE NO DOUBT WHO CHRIST IS WHEN HE COMES BACK. EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TOUNGE SHALL CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD. IF YOU DON'T DO IT NOW YOU WILL DO IT ONE DAY AND THAT IS THE GOSPLE TRUTH. PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

naty2005 wrote: First of all the church will be raptured then the tribulation will start and the antichrist will appear with false peace the first and three and a half years. he will let the jewish people sacrifice in the new temple that its going to be built but after the three and half years the antichrist stops all sacrifices and sets himself to be like a god and demands to be worshipped. He will have everybody to wear his mark either on your forhead or hand. You cannot buy or sell anything without the mark (ONE WORLD ORDER). If you accept the mark you are lost forever. Even in the tribulation if you don't worship the antichrist you can be saved but it won't be like now people will die for their salvation at that time, it's a terrible time. (ON TOP OF ALL THIS GOD IS POURING DOWN HIS WRATH TOO. GOD WILL JUDGE FOR ALL THE TIME HIS NAME WAS USED IN VAIN AND OTHER THINGS TOO)Jesus said it's going to be horrible no peace at all. Jesus will come at the end of the tribulation which is seven years he will come on a white horse with all the saints to do battle with the anticrist and all his followers.IT'S WAR WAR 3.

JESUS WILL SLEW THEM WITH THE SWORD WITCH IS THE WORD OF GOD. GOD CREATED THE WORLD WITH HIS WORD AND HE IS GOING TO DO BATTLE WITH IT TOO. SO THEIR WILL BE NO DOUBT WHO CHRIST IS WHEN HE COMES BACK. EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TOUNGE SHALL CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD. IF YOU DON'T DO IT NOW YOU WILL DO IT ONE DAY AND THAT IS THE GOSPLE TRUTH. PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.

...or not!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

anastrophe wrote: ...or not!

I pray you won't be their but when it happens people are going to regret not believing. May God have mercy. Gods word is not to be debated. In the scriptures it explains how you know it's from God or if it's true. He said if it happens you know it comes from God if it doesn't then it's just mans imaginations. WE WILL SEE.
Colette

Post by Colette »

Every eye shall see and every ear shall hear. There won't be any wondering about it. It will be obvious. Everyone will KNOW.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

naty2005 wrote: I pray you won't be their but when it happens people are going to regret not believing. May God have mercy. Gods word is not to be debated. In the scriptures it explains how you know it's from God or if it's true. He said if it happens you know it comes from God if it doesn't then it's just mans imaginations. WE WILL SEE.

actually, it's people who claim to speak for jesus, and claim that others will be condemned, who are the ones who should watch their backs.

attend to your own affairs, keep your own house in order, and leave the driving to God.
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

anastrophe wrote: actually, it's people who claim to speak for jesus, and claim that others will be condemned, who are the ones who should watch their backs.

attend to your own affairs, keep your own house in order, and leave the driving to God.

READ GODS WORD AND YOU'LL SEE. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY IF IM MAKING THIS UP. JESUS HIMSELF TALKED ABOUT HELL AND JUDGEMENT. I'M NOT JUDGEING ANYBODY BUT I CALL IT WHAT IT IS. AS LONG AS YOU ARE ALIVE AND IT IS CALLED TODAY YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO BE SAVED.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

naty2005 wrote: READ GODS WORD AND YOU'LL SEE. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY IF IM MAKING THIS UP. JESUS HIMSELF TALKED ABOUT HELL AND JUDGEMENT. I'M NOT JUDGEING ANYBODY BUT I CALL IT WHAT IT IS. AS LONG AS YOU ARE ALIVE AND IT IS CALLED TODAY YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO BE SAVED.

thanks, i'll pass on being saved today, but i would like some fries with that.

yes, i'm making light of this. i have little patience for fundamentalist 'get right with jesus' spouting. particularly with the 'all-caps' emphasis.

my relationship with god is my business. whether you believe i am a "true" christian is immaterial to me. i frankly believe god will have a special place in hell for those who blather on so much about rapture, second coming, antichrist, and how ya gotta be "saved". i think it all completely misses what jesus was about. but heck, that's just my opinion.
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

anastrophe wrote: thanks, i'll pass on being saved today, but i would like some fries with that.

yes, i'm making light of this. i have little patience for fundamentalist 'get right with jesus' spouting. particularly with the 'all-caps' emphasis.

my relationship with god is my business. whether you believe i am a "true" christian is immaterial to me. i frankly believe god will have a special place in hell for those who blather on so much about rapture, second coming, antichrist, and how ya gotta be "saved". i think it all completely misses what jesus was about. but heck, that's just my opinion.

yes your relationship with God is your business. I didn't mean for you to get angry.

How can God have a special place in Hell for those that speak of exactly what he spoke. blessed are those that look for his coming. It's in the word. I'm not going to argue when it's all in Gods word. That is why all the apostles were killed because people didn't want to hear the truth.

God bless you.
Ted

Post by Ted »

anastrophe:-6

I am in agreement with that. Surprise!

Shalom

Ted:-6
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

anastrophe wrote: since i have never read the bible, nor do i have one handy, can someone quote where jesus stated that he would "come back" to earth and there would be a rapture?

i think the whole rapture thing is poppycock. either jesus is alive, here, now, within your heart, or you're busy kidding yourself about something external that is meaningless. god does not exist 'outside'. if god is not within you, then it's not god you're thinking about.

imnsfho, of course.
Read 2Thessalonians.
weber

Post by weber »

I personally believe that Heaven and hell are in a sense right here on earth and I have lived both of them.....Hearen being the presence of God and hell being the absence of God. Maybe when we die we live eternity as we lived on earth but I would pray for everyone to be at peace when they die.
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

naty2005 wrote: Read 2Thessalonians.

The God of forgiveness indeed :-

[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Is this Paul continuing the teaching ministry of Jesus or Paul politicking to consolidate his powerbase? I don't recognise the sentiment from the words of Jesus - this takes "there is no way to God except through me" and twists it from a promise into a threat
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

anastrophe wrote: thanks, i'll pass on being saved today, but i would like some fries with that.

I want to apologise for the all caps and stuff. I do sound like I'm judging and that is not the way. May God have mercy. I don't want to go about it this way. jesus always had compassion and I want to follow his example. I love all of you in the love of Christ.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

naty2005 wrote: I want to apologise for the all caps and stuff. I do sound like I'm judging and that is not the way. May God have mercy. I don't want to go about it this way. jesus always had compassion and I want to follow his example. I love all of you in the love of Christ.

It's ok just chill out naty, we like to discuss things not be threatened or cajoled. If you want discuss your beliefs you are most welcome but the folks here are not sheeple..;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

zinkyusa wrote: It's ok just chill out naty, we like to discuss things not be threatened or cajoled. If you want discuss your beliefs you are most welcome but the folks here are not sheeple..;)
lol. hear you loud and clear.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

naty2005 wrote: lol. hear you loud and clear.

;) at a girl..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
naty2005

Post by naty2005 »

Stuff for your blog!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

naty2005 wrote:

Stuff for your blog!

Trying to confuse us with science now eh? :wah:

:p
weber

Post by weber »

naty2005 wrote:

Stuff for your blog!

Oh, oh.....sending code out to somebody.:sneaky: :D

Quick someone get Floppy. She is excellent at code.:driving:

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

beyelzu

Post by beyelzu »

well, i just want to point out that pretty much nothing is going to convince me. almost any answer is more plausible than xianity.

now if the rapture happens and all the xians disappear, well then i would be convinced.

thats like proof positive.

short of that, nothing springs to mind.

helefra wrote: I think as each and every one of us knows that Jesus was alive

uh, i dont know that.
Supersilly@rse

Post by Supersilly@rse »

I think we're a lot more cynical than we used to be..

After all no one believed David Eyke, did they - and he was pretty convinced.

I guess for me to truly believe, I would need him to come round to my house and turn a bath full of water into a bath full of Veuve Cliquot, yellow lable.

Then, just incase it was a fluke, I'd bottle that lot and get him to do it again!
weber

Post by weber »

telaquapacky wrote: Imagine if you will, your friends call you panicked and tell you to turn on the T.V. You find to your shock that on every channel there is a man that everyone is claiming is the Christ, having returned to earth again...

What would it take to convince you? What would he be doing? What would be the nature of his coming? What would be your criteria of credibility of any scenario of the second coming of Christ?

The rush of my insides to get out and mingle with my master.

guppy

Post by guppy »

to begin with if the only way" jesus "could let it be known is by on every channel on tv. i see a problem. dont think that would get my attention.........
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

The dead would rise again or so we are told.
guppy

Post by guppy »

twizzel wrote: The dead would rise again or so we are told.

and guppy would fall over dead...........

Return to “Christianity”