Norman Wisdom Dies...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry but no reports In yet.

It has just been given on the news.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1336684 wrote: Sorry but no reports In yet.

It has just been given on the news.Oh may he R.I.P....I so loved his films when I was a child....IMO the man was a one off and will always be remembered with great fondess and I will always remember this song and him singing it in this film.....

YouTube - Norman Wisdom - Don't Laugh At Me 'Caus I'm A Fool.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Rapunzel

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1336684 wrote: Sorry but no reports In yet.

It has just been given on the news.

Oh, that's so sad. :-1

Sir Norman Wisdom dies ages 95 - Telegraph

He was one of the funniest comedians and one of the 'greats', as was Tony Curtis, whose funeral was today. :-1

Tony Curtis is remembered during an emotional laughter and tear filled memorial | Mail Online

I'm sorry to say these things usually come in three's and Catherine Zeta Jones flew home to be with Michael Douglas a few days ago as his condition worsened.

WalesOnline - Lifestyle - Film - Michael Douglas praises family in his battle with cancer

Amazingly, Michael Douglas' father, Kirk Douglas, was one of the seven honourary pallbearers who carried Tony Curtis' coffin today.

These are the stars I watched on TV as a child. Somehow, you think they'll never grow old and die. This is a sad day. :-1
Bryn Mawr

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

A sad, sad, day indeed.

Given his age it had to happen someday but I will mourn his passing anyway.
fuzzywuzzy

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Gosh he must be ancient. Loved him though, he was so cute and funny.
binbag

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by binbag »

Oh dear, he seems to have been around forever.

He had a good long innings though, 95!!!

He had a good charmed life and had a beautiful home on a beautiful island, and from memory I can't recall any scandals about him appearing in the papers, which is great if I'm correct.

I think he may have suffered a form of Dementia in later life, but somebody will know for sure.

Shame, all the old one's are fading away now.

God bless you Norman Wisdom, I'm sure you'll rest in peace.

bb
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
G#Gill

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by G#Gill »

Oh no! Oh bless his heart, he was such a nice fella. Mind you he was getting on a bit...............you think he would last forever because he's always been there since you can remember. It's still a shock !

I remember the very first time I ever saw this funny little fella with the ill-fitting suit and the cloth cap. It was when I was a child. There was an ice skating competition or something like that on the television, and this strange little man came on the ice in the interval. He had this ill-fitting suit on and a cloth cap. He wore ordinary shoes, no ice skates, and sauntered across the ice towards a circle of light playing on the ice from a spotlight. The light was perfectly still till he got within a couple of strides of it, then it suddenly leapt away from his approach. He stopped for a moment then sauntered towards where the spotlight had moved to. As he approached it once again, it quickly leapt away from his foot again, but only a little way. He swung round and made a huge leap for the circle of light, but it was too quick for him. The audience were roaring with laughter at these antics, as Norman slithered and slid trying desperately to 'catch' this circle of light as it darted all around the ice rink. I can remember all my family were also roaring with laughter, and my dad asked who was that little man? As Norman made another attempt at leaping onto the light, it suddenly went out, which startled him and he kept turning left and right to see if he could see it, but it had gone, so he put his head down and slowly trudged across the rink and away. There was enormous applause, and I think that was when Norman Wisdom made his indelible impact on the audiences of the British Isles, and warmed the heart of a small child.

I remember it as if it was yesterday, yet it was nearly 60 years ago !!!!!

I always thought he had very naughty eyes :) Rest in peace Sir Norman, you brought joy to millions over the years.

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kazalala

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by kazalala »

ahhh just saw this tread...i loved that song by him as well carol:) he always seemed to be enjoying himself immensley when he was playing the fool:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by G#Gill »

It was always an ambition of mine, to meet this wonderful little man with the mischievous eyes and the ever ready sense of fun and happiness, sadly that is one ambition that will never be realised. :(
Oscar Namechange

Norman Wisdom Dies...

G#Gill;1336909 wrote: It was always an ambition of mine, to meet this wonderful little man with the mischievous eyes and the ever ready sense of fun and happiness, sadly that is one ambition that will never be realised. :(
I met him !!!! yes, I know there will be members reading this who will think 'oh here she goes again' but Yes I met him. It was around 25 years ago before the Brighton Marina was built where the wealthy now have their boats and yachts but back then there were many famous people living In Brighton. Before the Marina was built, some of them kept their boats In neighbouring Portslade which has a tiny little harbour and there was a little boat shop there selling all sorts. We used to have one of those awful Calor Gas fires and would have to go to the boat yard for Calor Gas bottles. We often saw him there with his boat and the kids used to shout 'MR GRIMSDALE' at him. he was a lovely man, always willing to stop and chat briefly to us Oiks.

Another one we would see here and there was 'Adam Faith' who had a house In a village called 'Henfield' In Sussex. We would often go there because my brother had a betting Office there many years ago. Now he was a miserable old bugger who told the kids to **** Off when they asked for his autograph.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Norman Wisdom Dies...

Post by G#Gill »

All I can say is you were very lucky, Oscar, and I envy you greatly :-6:)
Oscar Namechange

Norman Wisdom Dies...

G#Gill;1336927 wrote: All I can say is you were very lucky, Oscar, and I envy you greatly :-6:) As I said It was many years ago but even though I remember him being so small In stature, I knew I was In the presence of a Great. And he loved his boat, always working on It himself... lovely man.

Return to “General Chit Chat”