Morning everyone

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So here we are almost halfway in to 2011 and all is well. :)

Keehan my youngest is now my height, Brett just scared the crap out of everyone in Melbourne with his height and here I am ....the short arse. lol lol lol

I've been making some pretty hard decisions since the divorce , got a new car, sent myself back to school cause I gave up the teaching studies (stupid stupid teaching studies) I'm now doing Building and Construction. I must like it because I only seem to be happy when I'm at school. Apart from little cash in hand jobs here and there I'm still unemployed. After the B&C course I'll do a civil construction course and see where that takes me. Hopefully construction sites all over the world eventually. I have no idea what I actually want to do yet ...I look longingly at the cranes at school ..Do I want to be a crane driver ? or a dogger or rigger? ...ahhh there's so much exciting stuff..........AND THE MONEY!!!!!! WOW!!!!

So anyway I'm still living out in the never never. The boys are good. Brett just got his learners, he's been driving since he was ten, so it's no biggy. He's doing really well but the new way they are doing all this learners log book stuff is bloody stupid .

keehan we just found out is experiencing anxiety attacks, was being bullied at school but that's all in hand now . The school has been exceptionally brilliant over the situation. He's home again today but that's only because of his newly found growth spurts, poor little bugger is exhausted first thing in the morning. lol lol lol oh well.

My dad has just been diagnosed with cancer and was operated on last week . They took half his stomach, two lymph nodes and the actual growth itself, his gall bladder, half his pancreas, half his liver and .....the surgeon took his appendics out for free....well you know they were in there anyway may as well I suppose. lol lol lol lol..Not sure if he's having chemo yet ..He's a tough old bugger with the right attitude...."Well if it's broke ...fix it.". lol lol lol

Ummm...what else? Oh yeah I got a new cat ...her name is Cleo but we call her psycho cat......because she is. She's an abyssinian, or something or other .

Don't have time anymore for any animals so the stable and pens and chook sheds are empty. We've got ourselves a very cold winter this year so thank god I don't have to feed in this weather. That reminds me i have to go and chop wood this week.

Well that's my update :) I'm sure I'll think of more. :)
Bryn Mawr

Morning everyone

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Well it sounds like you're keeping your life together and yourself sane but what on Earth is a dogger - hopefully someone who clamps things down to prevent them moving, otherwise I'll start to worry :-)

Sorry to hear about your father - a pressure I'm sure you can do without but it does sound as though he's approaching the challenge the right way about. The very best of luck to him and to you :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Tah Brynny.

dogman /rigger is different but the same, in a way ...knowing what loads a crane can lift where to direct the crane , dismantling a crane, rigging up loads and knowing different rope capabilities ...the list is extensive......and so is the education. :(
Bryn Mawr

Morning everyone

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1361592 wrote: Tah Brynny.

dogman /rigger is different but the same, in a way ...knowing what loads a crane can lift where to direct the crane , dismantling a crane, rigging up loads and knowing different rope capabilities ...the list is extensive......and so is the education. :(

I was watching a crane operator the other day, it was a tower crane and I was on the 7th floor and his cab way way above me. The cables had obviously jammed so he climbed out of his cab, walked up the jib, lowered himself onto the pulleys at the end and sorted the jam out then walked back down to his cab and carried on.

Brave didn't enter into it - I would not have done it.
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's grouse isn't it .....gets my blood pumping!! That's what I wanna do!!! whether I can or not will be seen but thats the coolest job..I was asked by a teacher where I wanted the course to take me and I was honest ..." you know those blokes who hang off the sides of ships to paint them?" He just stared at me. LOL LOL LOL I'm the only female in the area of our school ..I guess he was expecting a different answer lol lol lol I've seen so much more and learnt so much more about stuff we see everyday ...but you know how you don't take much notice when you actually go past construction sites everyday? Wow construction is just AWSOME!!! had no idea before this. but if I see another carpentry joint or have to produce another carpentry joint I'll scream!!!! I'm sure they have machines for all that stuff now.!!! but it's part of the deal and I've learnt lots on how a house is made . Had know idea on what went on or how to build one.....i love this course.
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oh and btw got a nice story about dads surgery. It was ten hours long ....on the day of mum and dads 55th anniversary. So anyway, dad comes out of the Op into ICU and mum asks if she can see him ..the head nurse said only for a minute and mum stressed that's it's their wedding anniversary so the nurse said okay five minutes then ..Mum said she didn't need that long...........Just wanted to see him tis all.

anyway she gets past all the tubes etc etc and kisses him on the forehead and said her thing to him ...they'd already taken out the mouth thingy by that time ........guess what he said? "Well you've got me where you want me now ...go for it" ...one of the nurses standing by pissed herself laughing. He'd only been out of surgery half an hour.

then mum left him and she was speaking to the nurses when they all heard him singing. "Be bop a lula she's my baby" ...................That's their anniversary song.

ahh dad's a toughy lol lol
Bryn Mawr

Morning everyone

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1361605 wrote: oh and btw got a nice story about dads surgery. It was ten hours long ....on the day of mum and dads 55th anniversary. So anyway, dad comes out of the Op into ICU and mum asks if she can see him ..the head nurse said only for a minute and mum stressed that's it's their wedding anniversary so the nurse said okay five minutes then ..Mum said she didn't need that long...........Just wanted to see him tis all.

anyway she gets past all the tubes etc etc and kisses him on the forehead and said her thing to him ...they'd already taken out the mouth thingy by that time ........guess what he said? "Well you've got me where you want me now ...go for it" ...one of the nurses standing by pissed herself laughing. He'd only been out of surgery half an hour.

then mum left him and she was speaking to the nurses when they all heard him singing. "Be bop a lula she's my baby" ...................That's their anniversary song.

ahh dad's a toughy lol lol

That is one helluva story - you must be so proud of him :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hmmm more updates ......dads not gunna make it ...he's having chemo to prolong his life a little longer but he wont get better.

Brett just got his first real job as a kitchen hand and waiter at a local pub, sorting out all his tax and youth allowance stuff today . Maybe this job will give him an appreciation of what mums do lol lol He's about to learn what dish pan hands are all about lol lol lol funny conversation with him though. He just found out he has to give a third of his earnings to his mother (well the household really) he was a bit taken aback but I've always told them they have to pay board on any regular earnings . He can keep his youth allowance though that's between himself and the government.

keehans been off school for the last week with flu. Had a very good and long talk with him yesterday. He wants a job too and doesn't want to go to his fathers anymore. I hope the latter will change but I can't argue with his reasoning ...the boy is not as silly as he looks. :)

there's still flooding all around us and it's looks as if there is more to come in the next few months. Bugger.
AussiePam

Morning everyone

Post by AussiePam »

I'm sending you a big hug, Fuzzy. I guess we just all keep on trucking!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

10 4 little rubber ducky :)

oh forgot, our cat had kittens five of the little mongrels . shall post a pic of the little fellas shortly.
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It just never ****ing ends does it???

My sister and her partner are about to become foster parents ...(they think ) . Basically if my sis partner brother dies (he has cancer) they are going to end up with a 2 year old and 5 year old . don't get me wrong they are happy about it ..but the tragedy of losing your brother as well?

I'm determined to post something good with every bad thing I post so............

ahhh I know . Brett has begun his coaching career. He is the fitness trainer and part coach for a local teenage netball team . (his older brother can't believe how this boy gets all the breaks lol lol lol lol)
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay funeral last friday, birthday saturday, son loses my SIM card sunday ...car also breaks down on sunday . Monday I can't get to school because I'm running around trying to find SIM card and mechanic. Can't get to dads for fathers day.......

Just don't **** with me today .

On the bright side though all my homework is internet based so I can annoy you guys . lol lol
fuzzywuzzy

Morning everyone

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So yesterday I'm like doing my thing at school..come across a problem and go to ask tutor how I fix it (which is fraught with danger at the moment because he's giving up smoking and grumpy) then I'm confronted with an older guy ..(part time tutor) Obviously knows his stuff and I get all excited cause I'm getting the real deal here ...........and then it happened....oh ****.

"how are you going" ....yeah good, good thanks

"So you keeping up with the lads?".................silence from me .....(yes I do now how to hold my tongue)

"so which structure you working on"? ...........which to his perception would donate something of a ..ahhh musn't be then eh?

did I want to tell him that the structure next to mine has three people working on it and mine is worked on alone??????? ...holding back swear words ....give me the ****ing timber that's been ordered and give me the ****ing tools and equipment available...(that suddenly disappear when ever I want them) .......and I'm still getting the job done !!!!!...and my paper work is up to scratch!!!!

...Breathe....must get used to this ....breathe.......

Return to “Members' News”