It's Census time ...oh joy

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Anyone got a Dulux colour chart so I can tell them what my skin colour is?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay lets see .......Blah blah blah blah blah ....oh ...nope blah blah blah .....oh here's one.HOw well do I speak english ...hhhhmmmmmm.....and what's my ancestry ??? another words they want to know if I'm a WOG.

hmmm what's the higest qualification in the household?.....another words are we poor.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364323 wrote: Anyone got a Dulux colour chart so I can tell them what my skin colour is?

What an insane question. It deserves an answer like gray or blue, surely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Is this the form?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

hmmm this just gets better and better. ......what's my main field of study ?

Wow and if you worked last week they want to know the business name ...oh dear. another words ..are you defrauding the Tax office? Well Megan says GO **** YOURSELVES!!!

Only for females ...they want to know how many babies we've all had born alive don't include adoptions, deaths, foster or step children. ....sweet ...

This isn't a census it's a fricken centrelink form!!!!

And of course they want to know my religion ...well you get fined nowadays if you put down Jedi Knight.....oh well. They have only put down 7 to choose from otherwise you're "other" ....nice .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1364325 wrote: What an insane question. It deserves an answer like gray or blue, surely.

No no that's just my cynicism...because I hate these bloody intrusions. Asking about ancestry is asking about skin colour. And again only 7 options otherwise you're an "other" again.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Does anyone really believe that if we tell them all this info we'll get a new hospital cause the population rose a bit? you know how to tell whether the population rose? Look at the bloody rates for local councils .........it doesn't mean a new hospital it means a mining corporation can come in and mine the **** out of everything if there isn't many people there.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364327 wrote: And of course they want to know my religion ...well you get fined nowadays if you put down Jedi Knight.....oh well.

Is that actually true? I note from elsewhere that 'The 70,000 people who reported Jedi in the 2001 Census became part of the classification "religion – inadequately described"', but there's nothing on any .gov.au site about fines.

As for 'They have only put down 7 to choose from otherwise you're "other"', you're "Other - please specify" and you're invited to write in your own free-text description of your religion.

And the entire religion bit is marked "Answering this question is optional".
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Get this, and I kid you not. I was actually told by the census deliverer that if I put down a "bogus" religion I will get fined ...and wait there's more ...if we don't put down if we are christian or not more money will go to the muslims and we'll have a mosque in our backyard because that's how they fund things.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Seriously anybody that surfs the internet and Googles should not be too paranoid about intrusion.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1364330 wrote: Is that actually true? I note from elsewhere that 'The 70,000 people who reported Jedi in the 2001 Census became part of the classification "religion – inadequately described"', but there's nothing on any .gov.au site about fines.

As for 'They have only put down 7 to choose from otherwise you're "other"', you're "Other - please specify" and you're invited to write in your own free-text description of your religion.

And the entire religion bit is marked "Answering this question is optional".

I agree with you the propaganda is very nicely worded and very sweet ....it's just not true.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bruv;1364332 wrote: Seriously anybody that surfs the internet and Googles should not be too paranoid about intrusion.

My point is more they have all this info already . It's like ...well now they are telling all kids that's it's illegal not to register to vote ..that's utter bullshit and it's constitutionally wrong . But they put the adverts out there. and that's what I'm talking about ...I even get a fine if I don't fill the census form out ...apparently.

"the information asked for is collected under the aurthority of the census and statistics Ast 1905. Your co-operation is sought in completing this form ........"
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364334 wrote: ...I even get a fine if I don't fill the census form out ...apparently.And very properly so, I'd say. The English Census is one of the jewels of the national records office, in my opinion. It only exists because people made it happen over the last hundred and sixty years.

As for the fine:In practice, the Census is compulsory. If you refuse to complete it, you'll be asked politely a couple of times, and if you hold out you'll get a Notice of Direction. According to the ABS' annual report 2006-7, there were 4955 Notices of Direction issued for the 2001 Census. 253 of those proceeded to prosecution; most of the remainder would have been cases where the NoD was enough to get a response.

Talk:Census in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364331 wrote: we'll have a mosque in our backyard because that's how they fund things.You're saying public funds are made available for the construction of Mosques in Australia? Perhaps I'm misreading you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

census form.....took me 10 minutes......no biggy at all.
Life is just to short for drama.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1364337 wrote: You're saying public funds are made available for the construction of Mosques in Australia? Perhaps I'm misreading you.

All religions get a certain amount of government dollars (normally through education organisations ) currently most of the money goes to private schools (catholic, united etc) Recently it been going towards Islamic schools, because of course we have more muslims now. That in turn goes to the building of Mosques churches etc. It's usually a four year (election) debate about which schools get the most money allocated to them, private (religious) or public. But in actual fact it goes to the religions themselves the 'educators' rather than the educated. Or so it is percieved. All money from the government comes in government grants and yes religions get government grants. Hell I could get a government grant if I so wish, it's kind of seperate to the budget. You'd be asking me to explain what Mr Swan does as a job next ...lol lol I'm not even sure about that lately :)

Anyway this is what he census deliverer was trying to tell me .
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364414 wrote: All religions get a certain amount of government dollars (normally through education organisations ) currently most of the money goes to private schools (catholic, united etc) Recently it been going towards Islamic schools, because of course we have more muslims now. That in turn goes to the building of Mosques churches etc.

So you are positively saying that government funds are made available for the construction of Mosques in Australia? It's an incredible claim, frankly. I'm not in a position to say you're mistaken but I'd be grateful for any detail from you which could help me find an example.
californiapeach

Post by californiapeach »

fuzzywuzzy;1364324 wrote: Okay lets see .......Blah blah blah blah blah ....oh ...nope blah blah blah .....oh here's one.HOw well do I speak english ...hhhhmmmmmm.....and what's my ancestry ??? another words they want to know if I'm a WOG.

hmmm what's the higest qualification in the household?.....another words are we poor.

You know, if you lived back in the middle ages, I think you would have made a mighty fine archer, because you seem to be quite adept at drawing a long bow.

As to whether you are poor or not, the only thing that is poor for certain is your command of spelling and grammar.

Now that I have read this thread from start to finish, I have to wonder why every one of your posts is dripping with racist, sexist, intolerant undertones. You seem to be carrying a very large chip on your shoulder. Perhaps you may be well advised to seek some counselling or other professional help to rid you of this attitude.
spot

Post by spot »

californiapeach;1364586 wrote: Now that I have read this thread from start to finish, I have to wonder why every one of your posts is dripping with racist, sexist, intolerant undertones.And if I find you're previously acquainted with fuzzy from elsewhere you're going to be banned off this site for stalking quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. Newbies called "californiapeach" abusing aussies look mighty suspect when they start posting from a .com.au address like that three months after registering.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

californiapeach;1364586 wrote: You know, if you lived back in the middle ages, I think you would have made a mighty fine archer, because you seem to be quite adept at drawing a long bow.

As to whether you are poor or not, the only thing that is poor for certain is your command of spelling and grammar.

Now that I have read this thread from start to finish, I have to wonder why every one of your posts is dripping with racist, sexist, intolerant undertones. You seem to be carrying a very large chip on your shoulder. Perhaps you may be well advised to seek some counselling or other professional help to rid you of this attitude.

spot;1364605 wrote: And if I find you're previously acquainted with fuzzy from elsewhere you're going to be banned off this site for stalking quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. Newbies called "californiapeach" abusing aussies look mighty suspect when they start posting from a .com.au address like that three months after registering.

Fuzzy has a stalker? Dang I never had a stalker.
spot

Post by spot »

Correspondence:

spot wrote: [QUOTE=californiapeach]What's the go with the open threat?

Just because I take exception to the continual bigotted rantings of another user, you see fit to threaten me? Clearly I'm not on my own with my views of the user I responded to, so I wonder if you made the same threats to the other users who voice similar concerns.

As for your reference to my username and IP, since when do usernames have to reflect geographic boundaries?

Clearly, you are an administrator to be making threats like these. If that is the case, and this is an indication of how you run these forums, then please let me know. I'll save you the trouble of restricting my account and I'll do it myself.
Simple, sunshine. We're a community of users. Newbies become users by joining in. Users attacked by hit-and-run newbies can assume the administrators will do what it takes to protect them.

I'm not in a position to threaten you, merely to point out that we neither know you nor necessarily want your custom. I'll ask you again outright, since you ignored the implied question - are you and fuzzy acquainted online in any other setting?

As for "IP", I didn't publish your IP nor even your ISP. I'm quite capable of it though.

spot wrote:

[QUOTE=californiapeach]Well, due to your own admission that you are not an administrator here, I will ignore any further communication from you. I do note though that you make yet another threat in your PM to me.

Which brings me to another point. I chose to PM you to keep any debate/dispute between us off the forums. You chose to make it public. Therefore, there will be no further communication from me to you on this topic.

Of course I'm an administrator here, you plonker. How else do you think I know where you're posting from.

You've an odd idea of what constitutes a threat on the Internet.

It's public because fuzzy has a reasonable expectation of being kept informed, and you added to the background comedy of the site during your brief time here for which we thank you.

californiapeach

Post by californiapeach »

If you are an administrator, then the answer to your previous question is no, I am in no way acquainted with the poster online in any other setting. As previously stated, I took exception to the consistent racist, sexist and generally negative posts made by the OP.

Interesting that you deny making threats, albeit it veiled ones. You threaten to ban me for voicing my opinion, and when I contact you via PM to thrash the matter out, you again threaten to expose my IP by reminding me that you are "capable of it". Clearly an intimidatory tactic on your part. Not to mention serving it up with a side order of sarcasm in thanking me for my time here.

If this is how the administrators behave here, then I'll leave you to it.
spot

Post by spot »

Intimidatory tactic? I don't see it that way. Basic Internet hygiene puts it better.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm not quite sure what the hell just happened here ...but ...the wording is very familiar .. sorry about that spot ....apart from seeing a familarity I have no idea and not responsible ...holy heck.

Again this is obviously someone who knows me somehow .....and I am very sorry . let me have a think and the use of the wording ..and why it's familiar to me .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1364434 wrote: So you are positively saying that government funds are made available for the construction of Mosques in Australia? It's an incredible claim, frankly. I'm not in a position to say you're mistaken but I'd be grateful for any detail from you which could help me find an example.

Of all religions I'm not being a bigot ...and I'm only 'reflecting' on what was told to me by the census deliverer...but yes of course government funds are available for churches and mosques etc. ...arent they in England? it's happened since the first whites here. (to educate in a religious sense) tell me something do they say the lords prayer at the beginning of parliament in England? Considering our primeminister is an athiest I find it ironic.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

YZGI;1364647 wrote: Fuzzy has a stalker? Dang I never had a stalker.

OI!! leave em' alone they're my stalker, I've only ever had one stalker .....(well two, but one wasn't really serious about it ..let me down in a way .)

please continue with your wonderful and riviting ideals ......and of course your your proxys....coward!!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

and to be fair to one and all ....I'll stalk you if you like YZGY...I've known you long enough it's well over due.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1364892 wrote: Of all religions I'm not being a bigot ...and I'm only 'reflecting' on what was told to me by the census deliverer...but yes of course government funds are available for churches and mosques etc. ...arent they in England? it's happened since the first whites here. (to educate in a religious sense) tell me something do they say the lords prayer at the beginning of parliament in England? Considering our primeminister is an athiest I find it ironic.Government grants are available for social outreach programs run by religions in England, certainly - the grants pay no attention to the denomination of the church, Hindu's treated the same as Church of England. What I asked particularly about was "the construction of" bit. I can't think of any instance (and I've searched) where any church of any faith in England has had government funding for construction.

Prayers in Parliament precede every session in each House, it's why we have an Established Church. I'm not sure whether they have guest Prayer-Makers.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's convoluted ...if you give money to say a catholic school and the church is on the grounds of that school or in the vicinty of which the school uses ...the money is therefore distributed in as much it's up the the church ......I'll use church int he sense that I mean mosques churches synogues (tha'ts just to **** off my stalker lol )
spot

Post by spot »

Ah. It's never up to the church here, what they do with the grants. The church applies for a specific grant for a specific purpose and there'll be a subsequent audit to be sure the money was spent where it was targeted. I'm sure all construction on all churches in England is self-funded from donations and (where available) central church reserves.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

fuzzywuzzy;1364895 wrote: and to be fair to one and all ....I'll stalk you if you like YZGY...I've known you long enough it's well over due.

Just my luck, a stalker from half a world away, I reckon it will have to do. George Clooney I aint...
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1364898 wrote: Ah. It's never up to the church here, what they do with the grants. The church applies for a specific grant for a specific purpose and there'll be a subsequent audit to be sure the money was spent where it was targeted. I'm sure all construction on all churches in England is self-funded from donations and (where available) central church reserves.

hhhmmm that's interesting .....i think i like that better.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

YZGI;1364910 wrote: Just my luck, a stalker from half a world away, I reckon it will have to do. George Clooney I aint...

oh come on .....you jest . i find all your posts ..somewhat ......Oh **** ..forgot to tell you guys ..nothing to do with what's happening here but ..I'll apologise in advance i kind of invited a journo here ..by default, because he was asking (he's a friend of mine ) why I was upset and I told him. hhhmm better the stalker I'm afraid . cause this guy is not tabloid and very vicious ...he's put cops in jail ....bugger.!!! ......as a side note have I put enough spelling mistakes in here?
spot

Post by spot »

Apologize.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

thank you. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've been listening to what people have put ont heir census forms ...it's so funny.

Considering that this is being sold off as a snap shot of history ...How come they don't ask questions like 'How much debt is the household carrying?' 'What's the biggest issue concerning Australia (in your opinion?)'.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

As to my stalker I think I have another one. How I post on this forum? (I should explain that most understand my dry sense of humour (or have gotten used to it ) and my sarcasm.

If you need any more clarification I'm the female version of this : Full Frontal Poida hosts A Current Affair - YouTube .......or so I've been told . lol lol lol I kind of think it funny
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Did you see, Fuzzy, that 670,000 Aussies took the time and made the effort to fill in their census form online, then omitted to hit the submit button?
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AussiePam;1365116 wrote: Did you see, Fuzzy, that 670,000 Aussies took the time and made the effort to fill in their census form online, then omitted to hit the submit button?
HUh that's funny.

I was listening to ABC when they had the census guy on and he was saying that people had submitted the online forms, but too early so had to do the paper form after all.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

This i have a problem with after trying to convince everyone that nobody will see the contents.

Envelope reads 4) The envelope will be delivered unopened the the area supervisor who will open it and scan the form for completeness.......After a short conversation last night I found out who the area supervisor is .....So now a woman I know and don't particularly trust (with anyones info) is going to be reading my personal information. well ..

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... ures152011
Odie

Post by Odie »

it's just so simple to do it on-line, took me 15 minutes........

what is so hard about that?:lips:
spot

Post by spot »

It's a different census, Odie? Because she lives in a different country on a different continent?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

californiapeach;1364867 wrote: If you are an administrator, then the answer to your previous question is no, I am in no way acquainted with the poster online in any other setting. As previously stated, I took exception to the consistent racist, sexist and generally negative posts made by the OP.

Interesting that you deny making threats, albeit it veiled ones. You threaten to ban me for voicing my opinion, and when I contact you via PM to thrash the matter out, you again threaten to expose my IP by reminding me that you are "capable of it". Clearly an intimidatory tactic on your part. Not to mention serving it up with a side order of sarcasm in thanking me for my time here.

If this is how the administrators behave here, then I'll leave you to it.
Hi California. Welcome to the forum. Please stick around.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

YZGI;1364910 wrote: Just my luck, a stalker from half a world away, I reckon it will have to do. George Clooney I aint...
You'll do for me sweetcheeks.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1365553 wrote: It's a different census, Odie? Because she lives in a different country on a different continent?

I know where she lives spot............just saying for anyone....
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365557 wrote: You'll do for me sweetcheeks.

will he offer his blood to the girl with the red rose?

I'll bet he says that to all the girls:wah:
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1365562 wrote: I know where she lives spot............just saying for anyone....

I'm dim and dense. How does "took me 15 minutes" relate to the Australian online census?
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1365567 wrote: I'm dim and dense. How does "took me 15 minutes" relate to the Australian online census?

and again, if you had of read the thread, lots of members who dont live there gave their feedback.

and again........I was saying what its like here......just saying.

go find someone else to try and **** off.
Oscar Namechange

For the record, my husband filled our form In within 15 minutes. Our's Is British. Odie's Is Canadian, Megs Is Aussie land.

The point I am making Spot Is that there Is no relevance whatsoever to your nit picking with Odie. She Is perfectly entitled to make a contribution to this thread without being picked apart.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365580 wrote: For the record, my husband filled our form In within 15 minutes. Our's Is British. Odie's Is Canadian, Megs Is Aussie land.

The point I am making Spot Is that there Is no relevance whatsoever to your nit picking with Odie. She Is perfectly entitled to make a contribution to this thread without being picked apart.

thank you oscar!:-6:

as we all know every country has its own ways of doing a census.

Peter took the same amount of time that I did to.

Return to “Current Events”