Why Am I Still A Virgin?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Which of course has nothing at all to do with this thread. But it is a catchy title nevertheless!

I am a member of Forum Garden because I choose to be a member. I will probably remain a member until I am banned again, which given my history is certainly within the bounds of possibility.

I really like FG and always have. In my time here I have tried to make a difference by posting as often as I could and in as many Forums as I could. But my one fear now is that FG is in danger of becoming nothing more than an online Debating Society.

Of course there is a place for this and since day one Spot & Bryn in partucular have enjoyed this type of thing. But your average earthling isn't into the cut and thrust of

debates and would I believe, much prefer to have fun on these boards.

There will always be differences of opinion and there will also always be Members who rub each other up the wrong way, but at the end of the day reason and good sense will prevail.

So rather than always seeking the negatives in Threads, perhaps we should endeavor to give our opinion in a rational and more subdued way. Of course some things pop our cork more readily than others and we are inclined to rush into battle like bulls in a china shop. Nothing wrong with that provided we always respect the other member's right to their opinion.

There are always so many guests lurking in the background, but always so few who jump in and join the fray. Guess that is our fault for making FG seem much more boring than it actually is, instead of making it a place people should be clamouring to join.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bruv »

Or alternatively...............maybe the title has everything to do with the thread content.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1368013 wrote: Or alternatively...............maybe the title has everything to do with the thread content.

Wow! Now thats what I call a really positive contribution ... NOT!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1368014 wrote: Wow! Now thats what I call a really positive contribution ... NOT!

You wanted positivity ?

I shall try not to derail threads in future...............and trust you to do the same ?
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

jones jones;1368014 wrote: Wow! Now thats what I call a really positive contribution ... NOT!

Perhaps we should endeavor to give our opinion in a rational and more subdued way.
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

That's my boy. Go for him Snooze, bite his ankles.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

Hopefully he didn't have that sentence copyrighted.
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

The "Fair Use" clause gets you off the hook. The quoted material is justified, attributed, and no more than necessary is included. I'm all for a bit of that now and then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by buttercup »

Why do you keep getting banned, is it because you don't follow your own advice?
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

JJ has a predilection for inventing personae. While this is fine between sites it's considered unacceptable on a single forum because it necessarily involves attempting to fool the other members into thinking each account is someone different. I've never quite worked out why multiple personae on a single site is more satisfying to him than multiple personae across several sites. Perhaps he'd like to go into that.
Bruv

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bruv »

JJ was beginning to rub me up the wrong way, now after Spot's revelation, he has my sympathy.
buttercup

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by buttercup »

spot;1368076 wrote: JJ has a predilection for inventing personae. While this is fine between sites it's considered unacceptable on a single forum because it necessarily involves attempting to fool the other members into thinking each account is someone different. I've never quite worked out why multiple personae on a single site is more satisfying to him than multiple personae across several sites. Perhaps he'd like to go into that.

I would love to know the answer to that, have always thought it must be very lonely people who do it.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

I've never understood this site's abject horror for multiple accounts, I think of it more like a costume party. My "Ghost of Christmas Past" account got me banned numerous times for having multiple accounts even though my main user name usually had "Snooze" in it and was easily identified. I even got some friendly emails a while ago from someone that apparently had access to the moderator area discussing my attempts to rejoin under a name I've never used, which leads me to assume completely new members have been banned merely for the possibility they were me.

Am I lonely? Sometimes. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on the subject though.

For some reason, I figured Jones getting banned was due to his Pepe LePew behavior here.
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

It's the fooling people bit. I suspect that if someone created a multiple account and said with the first post "this is a multiple account operated by spot", for instance, it would be acceptable. We do, after all, have a new policy-maker here since the last time the matter was tested. Perhaps JJ could indicate whether the open nature of such an account would remove the point of having it or whether it would enable his creative juices in a sufficiently satisfactory way. Again, I don't know the answer to the question.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

I can see both sides of the argument... I had an online friend that I believed was a 26 year old woman and after a year of telling some private lady type things to, found out it was a 37 year old man. I was pretty pissed off but you can imagine how the legions of men that thought they were in love with this beautiful young woman (he used a photo from a Soviet mail order bride site) that could discuss car mechanics and guns knowledgeably felt. On the other hand, if it's just a forum where no one is getting swindled out of money, votes aren't being abused and love lives and relationships aren't being affected, I don't see the big deal. Jones' use of multiple accounts seems to be treated as though he's killed puppies or something.
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

He's killed puppies or something.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

Oh. Nevermind then.
Lady J

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Lady J »

spot;1368076 wrote: JJ has a predilection for inventing personae. While this is fine between sites it's considered unacceptable on a single forum because it necessarily involves attempting to fool the other members into thinking each account is someone different. I've never quite worked out why multiple personae on a single site is more satisfying to him than multiple personae across several sites. Perhaps he'd like to go into that.

Spot...Are you referring to me as a figment of JJ’s imagination? Cuz if you are you are so off base on this one!

I am a real, breathing, living human being with my own beliefs, life and ordeals and NO ONE especially YOU will take that away from me!!

Are you jealous? That Jones is capable of knowing, being with someone like me? Hell, I have barely revealed myself here so who are you to determine that I am not real.

Ya know, the more I think about this the more irate I am getting.:mad:

Now, unlike Jj I tend to give people the benefit of doubt….so answer me….do you think I am not a real individual?

Lady J
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

Lady J;1368122 wrote: Now, unlike Jj I tend to give people the benefit of doubt….so answer me….do you think I am not a real individual?

I'd completely forgotten you were even associated with JJ, Lady.

JJ's multiple accounts invariably access the web through anonymising browser proxies, they're very recognizable.
Lady J

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Lady J »

And do you not have more then one account on the internet? More then one email address?

I belong to numerous forums and have several address just as Jones does; most of my associates do.

What is wrong with that? Some are used in business, others for my writings, photography and forums. Sometimes I am in Canada, Africa, Japan, England and the USA but I am still the same person...how can you attack JJ for such a thing?

Lady J
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

Lady J;1368129 wrote: And do you not have more then one account on the internet? More then one email address?

I belong to numerous forums and have several address just as Jones does; most of my associates do.

What is wrong with that? Some are used in business, others for my writings, photography and forums. Sometimes I am in Canada, Africa, Japan, England and the USA but I am still the same person...how can you attack JJ for such a thing?

It's the fooling people bit. I suspect that if someone created a multiple account and said with the first post "this is a multiple account operated by spot", for instance, it would be acceptable.

I thought I'd already posted that.
Ahso!

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Ahso! »

Lady J;1368122 wrote: Spot...Are you referring to me as a figment of JJ’s imagination? Cuz if you are you are so off base on this one!

I am a real, breathing, living human being with my own beliefs, life and ordeals and NO ONE especially YOU will take that away from me!!

Are you jealous? That Jones is capable of knowing, being with someone like me? Hell, I have barely revealed myself here so who are you to determine that I am not real.

Ya know, the more I think about this the more irate I am getting.:mad:

Now, unlike Jj I tend to give people the benefit of doubt….so answer me….do you think I am not a real individual?

Lady JI didn't get any of this from what anyone, including Spot has typed in this thread. Perhaps you should come back to the thread at a later time and reread it. There's no need to become upset, really.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Well here I am ... back again like the proverbial bad penny. I do so love reading posts about me. Not as you might suspect because I am vain ... well yes that too maybe, but mostly because I love the speculative part best of all.

I mean what could be better ... you tell me, than knowing all there is to know about yourself? I mean Duh! We should know all about ourselves, but like knowing who, what, when and how you are and then seeing and reading what other earthlings believe they know or suspect they know or guess they know.

Maybe I should take part in one of those "Ask Jj Anything" Threads. Would y'all like that?

So lets get this monkey off my back once and for all ... I am me and Lady J is she. We are not like Lady GaGa who is one ... we are to, too, two, different people. She is a lady and I am The Chosen & of course The Chosen is always male.

Give a dog a bad name .... Of course I deserve every bit of sceptism that is continually being mustered here in relation to who, what, where & when. But hands up every member of FG who has been hurt, humiliated, ill treated, sworn at, abused, or treated badly, by moi then or especially now.

I am a rare being in this crazy ****ed up world in which we find ourselves. No matter what happens to me here on FG, no matter how many times I get knocked down, no matter how many bloodied noses or black eyes I get, I keep getting up and saying: "Go on, take your best shot again cos I can take it!"

So I will remain a member of FG, not because I think I am special or because I think FG would be worse off without me ... no. I will remain a member of FG because I choose to remain a member So until such time as I am banned, and I can assure you it will NOT be because of a multiple account, (even though two of me wouldn't be a bad thing at the moment), I will be here.

I will try to stop derailing threads, which I have actually seldom done unless provoked, I will not be nasty to anyone who is not nasty to me, I will not tolerate fools or bible punchers, I will only flirt with cute ladies, (don't tell BooBoo) and I will be me ... Just Jj.
Ahso!

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Ahso! »

Ever listen to the Rolling Stones song Rocks Off, JJ?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

buttercup;1368075 wrote: Why do you keep getting banned, is it because you don't follow your own advice?

Well my dear ... By the way, is that you in your avatar? If it is you are a real cutie!

As I was saying, I am not 100% certain why I keep getting banned.

I have a weakness for ladies who sweet talk me and as my old dad used to say: "Son, if it has wheels or tits its gonna get you into trouble!"

Actually in my opinion, and I guess many would disagree, the reasons why I have been banned from FG, if taken together and presented to a kindergarten class for their opinion, would probably have them asking ... "Is that all??? Wow, we do worse **** than that in the playground before school!""
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1368053 wrote: Perhaps we should endeavor to give our opinion in a rational and more subdued way.

Rational I can do O Sleepy One ... Subdued? Well I struggle to do that!
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

I don't think there was every any doubt that you and Lady J are two separate people, was there? In fact, the first person to suggest it in this thread was Lady J herself.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

jones jones;1368180 wrote: Rational I can do O Sleepy One ... Subdued? Well I struggle to do that!

I'm hungry now. Feed me.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Perhaps I might, but then again how does one explain a split personality? I once inhaled rather more carbon monoxide than most earthlings should on any given day. During this time I think my life force might have gone on an astral journey and returned as twins. So I think this may have something to do with my "multiple personae" fetish. Then again perhaps I have way too much talent, love, understanding, compassion, creativity and imagination for one human to handle. Hence I embrace my fellow earthlings twice as glady and with twice as much affection than most.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1368078 wrote: JJ was beginning to rub me up the wrong way, now after Spot's revelation, he has my sympathy.

Really Bruv? Tell me, is there any cash that comes with that?
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1368082 wrote: I've never understood this site's abject horror for multiple accounts, I think of it more like a costume party. My "Ghost of Christmas Past" account got me banned numerous times for having multiple accounts even though my main user name usually had "Snooze" in it and was easily identified. I even got some friendly emails a while ago from someone that apparently had access to the moderator area discussing my attempts to rejoin under a name I've never used, which leads me to assume completely new members have been banned merely for the possibility they were me.

Am I lonely? Sometimes. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on the subject though.

For some reason, I figured Jones getting banned was due to his Pepe LePew behavior here.

"I am ze locksmith of love, no?"

Really! I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo humiliated being compared to a common or garden skunk!! Sigh ...
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SnoozeAgain;1368182 wrote: I'm hungry now. Feed me.

Shouldn't that be Seymour you're addressing?
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1368086 wrote: I can see both sides of the argument... I had an online friend that I believed was a 26 year old woman and after a year of telling some private lady type things to, found out it was a 37 year old man. I was pretty pissed off but you can imagine how the legions of men that thought they were in love with this beautiful young woman (he used a photo from a Soviet mail order bride site) that could discuss car mechanics and guns knowledgeably felt. On the other hand, if it's just a forum where no one is getting swindled out of money, votes aren't being abused and love lives and relationships aren't being affected, I don't see the big deal. Jones' use of multiple accounts seems to be treated as though he's killed puppies or something.

You tell 'em Snooze!! I would nevva evva kill a puppy!
Bruv

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1368186 wrote: Really Bruv? Tell me, is there any cash that comes with that?

Yes it IS REALLY me, only enough ego for one person.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

spot;1368089 wrote: He's killed puppies or something.

No I haven't! Liar, liar, pants are on fire!!!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1368194 wrote: No I haven't! Liar, liar, pants are on fire!!!

Speak not of the devil or she shall appear :wah:
Lady J

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Lady J »

SnoozeAgain;1368181 wrote: I don't think there was every any doubt that you and Lady J are two separate people, was there? In fact, the first person to suggest it in this thread was Lady J herself.

Hi SnoozeAgain ~ unfortunately in my very first thread here introducing myself I was addressed as Jj trying something different. Then later in another thread Jj was accused of being me.

I just wanted to clear the air so there is no misunderstanding.

I plan on posting here at FG and don't want others to think I am not me...if that makes sense?

Lady J
Oscar Namechange

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jones jones;1368194 wrote: No I haven't! Liar, liar, pants are on fire!!! I am really confused now. Are you now saying that all this time, you have been pants of fire?

Only, she Is on another forum as we speak.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Bruv;1368193 wrote: Yes it IS REALLY me, only enough ego for one person.
I don't believe you. Prove It.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Bruv »

I am on several forums as we speak......
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1368199 wrote: I am really confused now. Are you now saying that all this time, you have been pants of fire?

Only, she Is on another forum as we speak.

I'd love to know where, we lost touch when her email account got highjacked. The only time I hear from Pantsonfire is when there's a "VIGARRA" ad in my junkmail box.
spot

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by spot »

jones jones;1368173 wrote: So lets get this monkey off my back once and for all ... I am me and Lady J is she. We are not like Lady GaGa who is one ... we are to, too, two, different people. She is a lady and I am The Chosen & of course The Chosen is always male.
Let's qualify that. There are those who operate multiple distinct personae who use exactly that language of their different component personalities. The key question is whether those personae inhabit the same physical body or whether they're distinct in that physical as opposed to psychic sense. I don't think your comments help your case at all, if anything they weaken it.

I'm not ruling on "Lady J" at all, writing that. I'm making an observation. I'm not ruling on "Lady J" because I've not looked. If I looked I'd be obliged to act. The pair of you would do well to lower the volume and inhabit the site's crevices for a while instead of taking centre stage.

I'll put a question to you since I'm interested in knowing the answer. You've demonstrated with three proven past instances so far that you enjoy posting from a woman's perspective on ForumGarden. With each of those three accounts you've pretended to be someone other than JJ. Does it matter to you when posting with them that nobody knows you're JJ when using those accounts? Because from FG's perspective, as I wrote earlier, removing the "fooled you" side of the accounts is all it takes to have another. If each account is explicitly tied to you when it's started, so nobody on the site says one thing to you on one account thinking it won't get to the person operating the other account, or hearing something twice and taking the second statement as independent verification of the first, then I've no problem with the multiplicity of personae.
Oscar Namechange

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

SnoozeAgain;1368202 wrote: I'd love to know where, we lost touch when her email account got highjacked. The only time I hear from Pantsonfire is when there's a "VIGARRA" ad in my junkmail box. I'll message her asking If I can pass on where she Is for you. Let you know soon as and If she replies.
fuzzywuzzy

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Lady J;1368197 wrote: Hi SnoozeAgain ~ unfortunately in my very first thread here introducing myself I was addressed as Jj trying something different. Then later in another thread Jj was accused of being me.

I just wanted to clear the air so there is no misunderstanding.

I plan on posting here at FG and don't want others to think I am not me...if that makes sense?

Lady J

Oh piddle poo ..doens't matter anyway ...when I first got here I was accused of being some member who'd returned under an alias ....well didn't i show them huh huh huh ?

lol :)
buttercup

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by buttercup »

Well i have been here about 6 years on and off but don't actually know JJ or Lady J. I have no idea if they are the same person or not, all i would like to understand is - Why do people feel the need to pretend they are someone else?

I understand doing a Santa or Mr Valentine / joke personality for a short time period but to be running a few accounts and decieving people for a long period of time, what type of person does that and why?
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

Spot; Since the very first time I joined Forum Garden you and I did not see eye to eye. You were like the Godfather of FG and I quickly noticed that most members sort of tippy-toed around you, much like school kids would do when the Headmaster was in the house. You worded your threads and posts in a manner which left nobody in any doubt that you were intelligent, well educated, arrogant and rather boring.

Personally I have never been afraid of you or in awe of your obvious talents and in terms of a head to head, fair and square battle of the threads, I knew I could match you in many ways. But you had a couple of aces up your sleeve. You had been a member much longer than I had, you were a Moderator, you had Tombstone’s ear (in fact at one time I really believed that YOU had a multiple personae and that YOU were in fact Tombstone!) and you had other Moderators and members on your side who seemed to be desperate to please you. Because of all the above I had to resort to guerilla warfare.

I’m not here to try to justify what I said or did on these Boards. I was very new to Social Networking and made many mistakes. But your obvious dislike of anything and everything American irked me, causing me to use some tactics against you that went against the T.O.U. of Forum Garden. You used (abused?) your position to access personal information about me, such as my real name and address, to put pressure on me, even though when I joined FG at that time I was assured that my privacy would be respected. In fact I still wonder if I shouldn't take this matter further.

In many other Internet Boards, multiple accounts are sanctioned so it is not as if I committed some terrible crime. But I did “violate” Forum Garden’s rules. Fair enough.

“Let's qualify that. There are those who operate multiple distinct personae who use exactly that language of their different component personalities. The key question is whether those personae inhabit the same physical body or whether they're distinct in that physical as opposed to psychic sense.”

This paragraph written by you in this thread tells me quite unequivocally that you believe that Lady J is Jones Jones. You can say what you like & duck and dive using your Spot speak, but this is a fact and you know it.

So go and make a “ruling” on Lady J. Go and “look so that you can be obliged to act.” What is holding you back? And if you can come back here on this thread now or in a week or month and state without a shadow of a doubt that I and Lady J are the same person, then ban me. I dare you!

And no, the pair of us have no intention whatsoever of lowering the volume, nor are we going to “inhabit the site’s crevices for a while.” Are you suggesting this because you once said of me: “Cockroaches have no rights”? We will take centre stage for as long as we wish and the only way you will stop us is to ban us. You’re rather good at that.

As I am me, Jones Jones and I have no other active account here on Forum Garden, the final paragraph of your post is irrelevant and I will not respond to it.

I have no doubt at all that you will respond to my post sooner rather than later. That is your right. I know nothing at all about you other than what I read, hear and feel here on Forum Garden. I have spoken to people who have met you personally and they have told me their impressions but that is of no interest to me.

But know this … I will be here tomorrow and the next day and the next and the only way you will silence me is if you find a way to ban me.
Oscar Namechange

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Good points Jones.

My husband used to come here also to while away the small hours on sleepless nights, annoy Nomad and defend me when needed. Yet, although his account was re-Instated he got sick of a certain Canadian Insisting It was myself writing In his account that he Is reluctant to return.

Yes, of course he had the same IP address as myself but he got very tired of threads being de-railed Into weather It was him, me, or next door's cat.
Snooz

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by Snooz »

jones jones;1368263 wrote: ... You used (abused?) your position to access personal information about me, such as my real name and address, to put pressure on me, even though when I joined FG at that time I was assured that my privacy would be respected. In fact I still wonder if I shouldn't take this matter further...

I'd like to hear more about this.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

buttercup;1368254 wrote: Well i have been here about 6 years on and off but don't actually know JJ or Lady J. I have no idea if they are the same person or not, all i would like to understand is - Why do people feel the need to pretend they are someone else?

I understand doing a Santa or Mr Valentine / joke personality for a short time period but to be running a few accounts and decieving people for a long period of time, what type of person does that and why?

Well dear, Jj has been here on FG on off for some five years, give or take a millenium or two. You have obviously lead a very sheltered life. Lady J has been here a couple of weeks and she is a very good friend of mine. At the risk of repeating myself, but I am prepared to do it for you because I have this feeling deep down inside that you Mistress buttercup, are a really really lovely lady, I am me and Lady J is she. If anyone on FG can prove ... well based on my previous experience, some Mods don't even need to do that ... that I am in any way connected to BooBoo except that we are very good friends and that we both lurve America, then I would be quite happy, even over the ****ing moon, if they would present this evidence here.
jones jones

Why Am I Still A Virgin?

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1368270 wrote: I'd like to hear more about this.

Gimme a pm and i will enlighten you.

Return to “General Chit Chat”