southern hemisphere Christmas

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I saw the northern hemispheere thread on Christmas trees and thought that's very foreign to me .

so for starters I'd only wear gumboots (guloshes?) to cut a Christmas tree because of snakes . otherwise I'd be in work boots of some kind ....and I'd be wearing shorts and a singlet. with a few tinnys to keep me cool. and an emu or roo sniffin at my butt.

The reality is though it will probably be a total fire ban day and I won't be able to use the chainsaw for fear of starting a bush fire . so I'd have to buy one from a farm ...or use the plastic one I've been using for years anyway ....this year is different though . I have to do the real thing cause I have a visitor . So that means pine needles everywhere or the traditional australian pine .....(which no one can afford because it's only been discovered and I don't have a handy 4 grand to buy it .)

So it has to be a conifer ......do you reckon the pine plantation owners carry guns?

So you all are having hot dinners and eggnog etc. ...well I'm looking foward to crayfish and prawns and cold ham and pork and chicken and salads etc etc .......and that's just for breakfast. it's not really an actual meal but a day long continuess food fest .

this year we'll probably have people over for Christmas eve so pressies will be opened then ...but we'll see .

It's a very layed back non conformist kind of day here .

So here's to a summer Christmas .

(oh and by the way we have a beany kid christmas angel on our tree this year . lol lol )

and in ture mary poppins spirit christmas means a few kittens running around trying to knock the baubles off the tree.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

what a great celebration of Christmas! and your sense of humor...I certainly hope the plantation owners would not shoot you and the beany kid angle sounds very kool. Can you send us a picture of your tree angel?

Merry Christmas to you fuzzy. May you and your family and friends have a lavenous food fest and celebrate each other.

Lady J
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I can't wait to share this Christmas with you btw....you didn't have to get a real tree for me, but it did make me feel special!! Thank you so much!

When I was growing up and when my kids were little we would all go to a Christmas Tree farm and pick out our Christmas tree as a family...I have wonderful memories of doing it in very cold and nasty weather....Since my divorce about eight years ago, we do the fake tree, I have to say it is so much easier - but missing out on some fun memories unfortunately!

I have a fun gift for you Fuzzy....I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets btw...so that's all I have to say about that! :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Now I'm scared!!! We have different pines to you guys but the aroma is full on ...hope you don't suffer hayfever .

Hah, wendy Keehan is worse than you I already have me chrissy present from him ..he made a wall candle holder in metal work ...he couldn't wait to show me lol lol ...it's lovely and will be put up in the kitchen over chrissy. (psst be sure to mention how wonderful it is ) I havent had a real tree in years but we always made sure it reached the ceiling long long ago . So that's what I'm gunna do ..it's a special christmas this year. If the weather is good bring your togs and we'll go swimming down at the beach .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Lady J;1377671 wrote: what a great celebration of Christmas! and your sense of humor...I certainly hope the plantation owners would not shoot you and the beany kid angle sounds very kool. Can you send us a picture of your tree angel?

Merry Christmas to you fuzzy. May you and your family and friends have a lavenous food fest and celebrate each other.

Lady J

Thank you lady J that's very kind of you . You'd be having a similar chrissy wouldn't you ? In south africa? or do I have that wrong? and I shall take a pic of Keehans' beany kid angel. lol
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzywuzzy;1377757 wrote: Now I'm scared!!! We have different pines to you guys but the aroma is full on ...hope you don't suffer hayfever .

Hah, wendy Keehan is worse than you I already have me chrissy present from him ..he made a wall candle holder in metal work ...he couldn't wait to show me lol lol ...it's lovely and will be put up in the kitchen over chrissy. (psst be sure to mention how wonderful it is ) I havent had a real tree in years but we always made sure it reached the ceiling long long ago . So that's what I'm gunna do ..it's a special christmas this year. If the weather is good bring your togs and we'll go swimming down at the beach .

I don't suffer from allergies, well at least I never have so don't worry about that. I LOVE the smell of trees, so I am sure it will be fine! I think Keehan and I are gonna get along just fine...he reminds me of my Caleb already!!! I will be sure and comment on the decor, I'm sure its lovely.

Okay, what are togs??? Bathing suit? Already bought 2 new ones (I'm a weirdo when it comes to bathing suits and make-up and hardly ever wear either) and bringing an old one just as a back up....lol

Return to “Holidays”