Love Religion

Discuss the Christian Faith.
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

No matter how atheists-scientists define LOVE through neurochemical and neuroelectrical process, they will never be able to give the real definition of LOVE. Love is a proof that God exists.

Here`s a definition of LOVE according to St. Paul,

"Love is patient, love is kind.

It is not jealous, it is not pompous,

it is not inflated, it is not rude,

it does not seek its own interests,

it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things,

hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing;

if tongues, they will cease;

if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

For we know partially and we prophesy partially,

but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

When I was a child, I used to talk as a child,

think as a child, reason as a child;

when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,

but then face to face.

At present I know partially;

then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three;

but the greatest of these is love."
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

Atheists-scientists know how to love? And when they start to feel this love, they justify it as the activation of their Limbic brain the hypothalamus which controls the master gland ( pituitary gland ) to secret the hormone adrenaline from the adrenal gland that makes their heart beat faster?
Snooz

Love Religion

Post by Snooz »

While that's some pretty writing by Saint Paul, do you think God gave those words to him or was that his own interpretation? If it's his own, then I don't believe that proves anything other than that Paul was a bit of a philosopher and poet.
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

SnoozeAgain;1389206 wrote: While that's some pretty writing by Saint Paul, do you think God gave those words to him or was that his own interpretation? If it's his own, then I don't believe that proves anything other than that Paul was a bit of a philosopher and poet.

Are you a romantic, fire truck?
Ahso!

Love Religion

Post by Ahso! »

I doubt Paul even wrote that bit, I think it was probably inserted long after his death. Nowhere else in his writings does Paul sound similar, if my memory serves me. It's possible, of course, that another person had written this poem for Paul and he copied the contents into his letter to Corinth.

Paul, who had no children or intimate relations with anyone is the last person to be preaching to anyone about love, especially in the face of the fact that before his conversion the man was a murderous fundamentalist. Paul lived the remainder of his life wallowing in guilt and shame to the extent that, in his mind, even his natural ailments were curses from God.

This deeply disturbed man is now considered a saint?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

Ahso!;1389219 wrote: I doubt Paul even wrote that bit, I think it was probably inserted long after his death. Nowhere else in his writings does Paul sound similar, if my memory serves me. It's possible, of course, that another person had written this poem for Paul and he copied the contents into his letter to Corinth.

Paul, who had no children or intimate relations with anyone is the last person to be preaching to anyone about love, especially in the face of the fact that before his conversion the man was a murderous fundamentalist. Paul lived the remainder of his life wallowing in guilt and shame to the extent that, in his mind, even his natural ailments were curses from God.

This terribly troubled man is now considered a saint?

What I know about St. Paul was he was before Saul, a soldier who punished the followers of Christ until one day a voice from the heavens asked Saul why this rage and anger for Christ and his followers. Then suddenly Saul became blind and later was able to see again. This time Saul was transformed to Paul when he became a devotee of Christ. Let`s rewind again this recorder. What I know about St. Paul was he was a great Soul devotee of Krishna who punished the followers of Christ because the latter refused or ignored Krishna`s message of redemption: Chant sincerely the Hare Krishna mantra. Then one day this great Soul heard a voice from the heavens, " Oh, great Soul why do you punish My devotees for not chanting Hare Krishna? Do you know I`m Krishna`s elder brother Balaram Jesus? That I`m teaching My devotees how to pray Our Father?" After hearing the voice, this great Saul became blind but was able to see again when he turned back to his Sin Paul ways. ( I`m not smiling ).
Ahso!

Love Religion

Post by Ahso! »

In 2 Corinthians Paul talks about a "thorn in his flesh", which I think many scholars believe to be poor eye sight due to a disease.

2 Corinthians 12 wrote: 5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
K.Snyder

Love Religion

Post by K.Snyder »

rajakrsna;1389200 wrote: Atheists-scientists know how to love? And when they start to feel this love, they justify it as the activation of their Limbic brain the hypothalamus which controls the master gland ( pituitary gland ) to secret the hormone adrenaline from the adrenal gland that makes their heart beat faster? The term "limbic" comes from the Latin limbus, for "border" or "edge". Some neuroscientists, including Joseph LeDoux, have suggested that the concept of a functionally unified limbic system should be abandoned as obsolete because it is grounded mainly in historical concepts of brain anatomy that are no longer accepted as accurate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system

Perhaps a better vocabulary is in order seeing how I cannot see the use of the word "justify" in your quote is incorrect. You're agenda is to render any argument opposite of yours as not credible. Considering your very seemingly one sided agenda and the very contradiction of entering FG with a thread using alpha particles as a metaphor to "god" to only then mock the use of the very same sub-atomic actions and reactions and discredit them as not being a respectable insight into the life of creatures, I've nothing left to conclude but perhaps assume you're trying to get a rise out of people because it's easy to do when one dreams up his own answer. http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... fants.html

Perhaps we can better understand where you are coming from if you tell us which side you're on. Reductionism or holism?
Ahso!

Love Religion

Post by Ahso! »

rajakrsna;1389224 wrote: ( I`m not smiling ).

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Infinite Stop

Love Religion

Post by Infinite Stop »

rajakrsna;1389194 wrote: No matter how atheists-scientists define LOVE through neurochemical and neuroelectrical process, they will never be able to give the real definition of LOVE. Love is a proof that God exists.

Here`s a definition of LOVE according to St. Paul,

"Love is patient, love is kind.

It is not jealous, it is not pompous,

it is not inflated, it is not rude,

it does not seek its own interests,

it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things,

hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing;

if tongues, they will cease;

if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

For we know partially and we prophesy partially,

but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

When I was a child, I used to talk as a child,

think as a child, reason as a child;

when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,

but then face to face.

At present I know partially;

then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three;

but the greatest of these is love."

If LOVE is your proof that God exists, then is not HATE proof that God DOESN'T exist? Why should your opinion in love be worth more than anothers opinion in hate?

In the end, it's just your opinion. Show me God's love in action, clearly and without doubt, and I will believe. ;)
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

Infinite Stop;1389261 wrote: If LOVE is your proof that God exists, then is not HATE proof that God DOESN'T exist? Why should your opinion in love be worth more than anothers opinion in hate?

In the end, it's just your opinion. Show me God's love in action, clearly and without doubt, and I will believe. ;)

I have been to as many discussion forums as I can remember which started on November 3, 1999 when I registered my name in yahoo.com. I have been writing articles about Hare Krishna starting in 1987 after I changed my topic Christ consciousness to Krishna consciousness. I have not been paid for my devotional service until now. I can not anymore account how much I spent my time and money in writing about God. I am not a salesman of religious books nor I depend for my livelihood by preaching or soliciting money from followers. I am not member of ISKCON nor I am a member of a religious community. I am on my own. In other words, I never grow tired writing about Krishna/Christ and related topics. I am in LOVE with God. I have been banned from one forum to the other proselytizing or preaching Krishna consciousness at Scienceforum.net, Religious forum.com, Religion forums. org, etc. & yet I never tire. I could go on and on. I am happy being able to write about God. I find joy in it. I`m never bored or compelled to write for something I feel I`ll be rewarded. No man. That`s not my cup of tea. I`m a government physician. I have been working in the government for almost 20 years now. By the age of 65 I will retire from the service. If I am not banned here you can expect I will be contributing articles related to God in FG for the next 10 years. :D
K.Snyder

Love Religion

Post by K.Snyder »

rajakrsna;1389312 wrote: ...you can expect I will be contributing articles related to God in FG for the next 10 years. :DOnly 10 years? Why so soon?
Richard Bell

Love Religion

Post by Richard Bell »

rajakrsna;1389194 wrote: Love is a proof that God exists.

That's merely an assertion, bereft of any evidence whatsoever.

I could counter by saying that Lucky Charms cereal is proof that leprechauns exist.
gmc

Love Religion

Post by gmc »

God's love - if there is such a thing - does not seem to be unconditional, at best he seems rather fickle. Certainly those who claim to be his followers take an unholy glee in the misery inflicted on others delighting in god's judgement. It is an arrogance of the religious to claim that they and only they are capable of selfless actions or compassion towards others and cannot understand, and in some cases believe, that the non-believer can have moral judgement. In fact it's human nature to want to help others it takes religion, end especially monotheism to raise the question about who is worthy of compassion.

I doubt you would be banned from this forum just please don't sulk if people disagree with you.

posted by richard bell

I could counter by saying that Lucky Charms cereal is proof that leprechauns exist.

I saw a fairy ring in the woods while out walking my dog today but I wouldn't normally tell people.
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

gmc;1389457 wrote:

I doubt you would be banned from this forum just please don't sulk if people disagree with you.

Of course, I wont sulk or wear a grin every time members here disagree with my point of view. After reading all your remarks to the threads I started & the replies I gave to your unique, meaningful, incisive, and skepticism about lots of things whether its personal, religious or otherwise, I still get to say it before I go that I love you all. Simply because I am your doctor. I fix things & if possible make it right. I can not harm anyone. I raise the dying back to life. That`s what I do. It`s my profession. & writing is just one of my enjoyable pastimes. My favorite sport is bowling. I play billiards. I can dance and sing. I play the guitar. I love to listen to music-soft & smooth jazz. When I am in a fighting mood, I listen to Carlos Santana`s Soul Sacrifice. In other words, when the going gets rough & I find the situation chaotic & problems hard to solve. & what I do if its a hopeless case?? I go and find a warm, soft bed & sleep on it. & I toss to the wind all the cares and problems in this world back to dreamland.
rajakrsna

Love Religion

Post by rajakrsna »

Richard Bell;1389346 wrote:

You are a dreamer, Richie Rich. :)

Return to “Christianity”