Pet Forks

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'd be very Interested to see who disagree's or agree's with me because I go through this with my husband every day. My Mother was exactly the same.

My husband Insists the cat and dogs have a different fork from us for tinned stuff and a different knife for cutting their chicken.

My theory Is that the tuna In the tin Is sterile. Even If that fork comes Into contact with the cat's bowl, the bowl and the fork Is washed In boiling water every day. 9/10 times, the cutlery makes no contact with the bowl what so ever.

He washes the cat's knife and fork In water as hot as he can bear under the tap and won't put It In with our cutlery and plates.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Pet Forks

Post by Lon »

oscar;1397733 wrote: I'd be very Interested to see who disagree's or agree's with me because I go through this with my husband every day. My Mother was exactly the same.

My husband Insists the cat and dogs have a different fork from us for tinned stuff and a different knife for cutting their chicken.

My theory Is that the tuna In the tin Is sterile. Even If that fork comes Into contact with the cat's bowl, the bowl and the fork Is washed In boiling water every day. 9/10 times, the cutlery makes no contact with the bowl what so ever.

He washes the cat's knife and fork In water as hot as he can bear under the tap and won't put It In with our cutlery and plates.

Well ---I use neither fork or spoon and use my finger instead to empty the animal food containers. I then lick my fingers clean and then wash with soap and water. :wah:
Snooz

Pet Forks

Post by Snooz »

It's not like the dogs and cats are licking the utensils, for pete's sake. Canned pet food is no worse than any other canned meat.

Your husband is goofy.
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

SnoozeAgain;1397737 wrote: It's not like the dogs and cats are licking the utensils, for pete's sake. Canned pet food is no worse than any other canned meat.

Your husband is goofy.

:wah::wah::wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Pet Forks

Post by Snooz »

Yeah, that seemed apropos...
Wandrin

Pet Forks

Post by Wandrin »

oscar;1397733 wrote: I'd be very Interested to see who disagree's or agree's with me because I go through this with my husband every day. My Mother was exactly the same.

Oh my! To each their own, I guess....
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Lon;1397735 wrote: Well ---I use neither fork or spoon and use my finger instead to empty the animal food containers. I then lick my fingers clean and then wash with soap and water. :wah: Do you lick your fingers after?
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Wandrin;1397745 wrote: Oh my! To each their own, I guess.... My Mother was the same.

My husband also will not have the dogs eat In the kitchen. They are fed In their own little room. Yet he's quite happy to have the puppy stick her tongue up his nostrils and ears.

Attached files
Accountable

Pet Forks

Post by Accountable »

When I had dogs they would lick me in the mouth, so I doubt segregating the cutlery would have mattered. Now that I have cats, I let them lick whatever's on my finger (cheese, peanut butter, etc) then lick off what they left behind.

When I was a kid, my parents would have wondered why you're wasting good chicken on the animals. :wah:

It's dry food plus whatever they kill on their own.
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Accountable;1397794 wrote: When I had dogs they would lick me in the mouth, so I doubt segregating the cutlery would have mattered. Now that I have cats, I let them lick whatever's on my finger (cheese, peanut butter, etc) then lick off what they left behind.

When I was a kid, my parents would have wondered why you're wasting good chicken on the animals. :wah:

It's dry food plus whatever they kill on their own.

There's a reason why dogs try to lick your mouth... It goes back to when they were reliant on their Mother for food In the wild. It's a motion to get Mum to regurgitate food.

There's a reason I feed my dogs and cat chicken. Have you seen the chemicals In processed food?

Cost wise, I can buy a whole chicken for approx £3... mixed with rice my husband boils up for them every day, It makes 6 meals. Compared to processed food, It's just as cost effective and even better, they don't leave a scrap, enjoying every mouthful.
Accountable

Pet Forks

Post by Accountable »

oscar;1397795 wrote: There's a reason why dogs try to lick your mouth... It goes back to when they were reliant on their Mother for food In the wild. It's a motion to get Mum to regurgitate food.
It would probably work on some people, too. :yh_sick
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Accountable;1397798 wrote: It would probably work on some people, too. :yh_sick That's why I never do tongue's.
Wild Fire

Pet Forks

Post by Wild Fire »

oscar;1397733 wrote: My theory Is that the tuna In the tin Is sterile.

While this entire post is very odd to me, what makes you think tuna in a tin can is sterile???
Oscar Namechange

Pet Forks

Wild Fire;1397922 wrote: While this entire post is very odd to me, what makes you think tuna in a tin can is sterile???

CANNING / STERILIZATION OF MEAT PRODUCTS
LarsMac

Pet Forks

Post by LarsMac »

My critters won't eat the canned cat/dog food.

We basically cook them the same kind of food we eat.

Just without the spices, and onions and such.

Same cutlery, and all.

They eat off different china, though.

Ya gotta draw the line somewhere.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Pet Forks

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1397930 wrote: My critters won't eat the canned cat/dog food.

We basically cook them the same kind of food we eat.

Just without the spices, and onions and such.

Same cutlery, and all.

They eat off different china, though.

Ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

I think thats the same way the Hiltons do it.:wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”