I am a fill in leadperson and am having alot of resentment

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
abbey

Post by abbey »

crogo wrote: I try to be fair to everyone and help but a few people do not return the favor.Can you have friends and be a boss?Hiya crogo, Welcome to FG good to have you here.

I'm not sure what a leadperson is, i guess its like a supervisor.

As a fill in leadperson does that mean that you work alongside people & then be a boss if someones sick?
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Life is like this.....for example, customers/ clients may want you to do ONE thing, but bosses / other restraints may make you do ANOTHER thing. Your attitude to try to be nice sounds a pretty balanced one to me, but remember, other people will always make it hard for you to be yourself!
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

you walk a fine line being a supervisor and a friend. the trick is knowing when to be one or the other. you have to be able to leave personal stuff at home, and business things at work. You as the supervisor might know the difference, but your co-workers might have trouble differentiating between the two roles you now fill. Good luck with it. It ain't easy, kid. I'm in that boat with you.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I jumped out of that boat this week. It is difficult when you are promoted and you have to be the boss of your friends. I hope they understand that work and social life are two very different things.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Work Employment”