Presidential Debates 2012

Discuss the latest political news.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Well, here we go again...

She gets extra credit depending on how much she sits through and how many new things they throw out.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Live on CSPAN and on YouTube.

Live Video - C-SPAN | C-SPAN
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I got tired of hearing how they were going to help the middle class, how bout helping the lower class or just helping Americans in general. If I was the one asking the questions I would have asked how they would bring down the cost of gas (I think its time to regulate the profits of gas companies), just like electric and natural gas are regulated. I also thought President Obama bullied for more time than allowed. Health care has to be fixed. Regulate the oil companies and use the left over for health care. But god forbid the oil companies profits even be brought up. Not a Romney fan but at least he brought up that gas prices have doubled since Obama got into office.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I was listening to it on my drive back home.

I figured out what Republicrats see on Romney.

If you just listen to him talk, he has taken on some of the mannerisms and speech patterns of a certain former Actor who once held the office which he now seeks.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1406581 wrote: I was listening to it on my drive back home.

I figured out what Republicrats see on Romney.

If you just listen to him talk, he has taken on some of the mannerisms and speech patterns of a certain former Actor who once held the office which he now seeks.

OMG! I noticed that too while I was watching it.

Regardless, Romney won tonight. Obama came off more hesitant and unsure of himself than I expected.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1406579 wrote: I got tired of hearing how they were going to help the middle class, how bout helping the lower class or just helping Americans in general. If I was the one asking the questions I would have asked how they would bring down the cost of gas (I think its time to regulate the profits of gas companies), just like electric and natural gas are regulated. I also thought President Obama bullied for more time than allowed. Health care has to be fixed. Regulate the oil companies and use the left over for health care. But god forbid the oil companies profits even be brought up. Not a Romney fan but at least he brought up that gas prices have doubled since Obama got into office.

They always go up before an election with a democratic incumbent.

gmc

Post by gmc »

How do you levy state taxes and the like? Directly on income or is it indirect VAT/sales tax customs duty and the like? We have this myth perpetrated by both parties that they have lowered taxes when in reality they have added loads of indirect taxation that hits those on low income the most, VAT is now 20%, fuel duties are going up by another 7p shortly.

Interesting difference in attitude, right now if labour went back to traditional values and said they were going to renationalise the railways and power companies, jail the bankers and prevent companies from not paying UK taxes they would probably get a landslide victory.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Video:

2012 Presidential and Vice-Presidential Debates | Campaign 2012 | C-SPAN

Transcript:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/pre ... G1sbZjA8we

Odd thing: I did a search for the word "constitution" - you've heard of it, the document the President is supposed to support & defend ... and obey - It's mentioned only once in the entire debate:

LEHRER: Two minutes, Governor, on the role of government. Your view?

ROMNEY: Well, first, I love great schools. Massachusetts, our schools are ranked number one of all 50 states.

And the key to great schools, great teachers.

So I reject the idea that I don't believe in great teachers or more teachers. Every school district, every state should

make that decision on their own. The role of government: Look behind us. The Constitution and the Declaration of

Independence. The role of government is to promote and protect the principles of those documents.
Too bad it was part of a larger lie.

ROMNEY: Mr. President, Mr. President, you're entitled as the president to your own airplane and to your ownhouse, but not to your own facts. All right, I'm not going to cut education funding. I don't have any plan to cut

education funding and -- and grants that go to people going to college. I'm planning on (inaudible) to grow. So I'm

not planning on making changes there.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

gmc;1406586 wrote: How do you levy state taxes and the like? Directly on income or is it indirect VAT/sales tax customs duty and the like? We have this myth perpetrated by both parties that they have lowered taxes when in reality they have added loads of indirect taxation that hits those on low income the most, VAT is now 20%, fuel duties are going up by another 7p shortly.

Interesting difference in attitude, right now if labour went back to traditional values and said they were going to renationalise the railways and power companies, jail the bankers and prevent companies from not paying UK taxes they would probably get a landslide victory.
We do it all. Federal, state, county, local, sales, cigarette, realestate, gas... just to name a few.

The question that should have been put to romney was what deductions he planned to reduce. Because he can lower the tax rate and I'll still end up paying more if child credits and deductions for state and real estate taxes paid are reduced or eliminated.

If we want to just say no deductions, I'd be all for it. The problem is that politicians just pick and choose.:thinking:

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

YZGI;1406579 wrote: I got tired of hearing how they were going to help the middle class, how bout helping the lower class or just helping Americans in general. If I was the one asking the questions I would have asked how they would bring down the cost of gas (I think its time to regulate the profits of gas companies), just like electric and natural gas are regulated. I also thought President Obama bullied for more time than allowed. Health care has to be fixed. Regulate the oil companies and use the left over for health care. But god forbid the oil companies profits even be brought up. Not a Romney fan but at least he brought up that gas prices have doubled since Obama got into office.

That's not actually true.

Plug in five year view: Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Yup, they were highest when Bush was pres.

Though it is fascinating how they dropped so dramatically in the couple of months before the election.

I don't think we can pin gas prices directly to the president.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1406600 wrote: Yup, they were highest when Bush was pres.

Though it is fascinating how they dropped so dramatically in the couple of months before the election.

I don't think we can pin gas prices directly to the president.
I agree, but there are a lot of things you can't pin directly to the President. Doesn't mean they dont need to be addressed. My employee's 2 major concerns right now are health care (can we pin health care cost directly to the President?) and gasoline prices. I know wall street (speculators) is the major reason for gas pricing but the oil companies are setting records for their profits. I'm all for corporations making profits but not to the degree they are now.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Florida city passes ban on hiring smokers

Florida city passes ban on hiring smokers — RT

Maybe you need big government to stop health companies blackmailing employers.

In an attempt to save money on insurance, a city in South Florida has banned hiring employees who smoke or use tobacco products, causing some Americans to complain that the government is controlling too much of their personal life.

Don't get that how has it anything to do with federal govt if it's only one city?

Next it will be women of child bearing age they don't want to hire, fat people as well maybe.
valerie

Post by valerie »

I don't think we would have been in a dramatically different

position right now as a country if John McCain had been elected

4 years ago instead of Obama. Unfortunately, if Romney is

elected and things do get quite a bit better, then he would

get credit for that when in reality, there will probably be an

uptick anyway.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I just wish we saw more of this on British Tv... Us Brits like to know who we are going to be subservient to.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1406617 wrote: I just wish we saw more of this on British Tv... Us Brits like to know who we are going to be subservient to.

You surprise me oscar. Use the internet, watch it on-line of you like. You can even watch american TV and read their newspapers if you want. Watch fox news and you will never complain about the bbc ever again, bear in mind that is what he wanted to do to british broadcasting and probably would have been allowed to were it not for the recent scandals at news corp. eironews and russia today give an interesting slant on news stories as well.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1406648 wrote: You surprise me oscar. Use the internet, watch it on-line of you like. You can even watch american TV and read their newspapers if you want. Watch fox news and you will never complain about the bbc ever again, bear in mind that is what he wanted to do to british broadcasting and probably would have been allowed to were it not for the recent scandals at news corp. eironews and russia today give an interesting slant on news stories as well.

I was being flippant.... I've watched some on Fox late at night.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

flopstock;1406598 wrote: The question that should have been put to romney was what deductions he planned to reduce.

If I were Romney I would avoid answering that question like a plague. That is something not to be negotiated during an election. Every deduction has a constituency and he doesn't want start a debate which would overshadow his campaign.

flopstock;1406598 wrote: Because he can lower the tax rate and I'll still end up paying more if child credits and deductions for state and real estate taxes paid are reduced or eliminated.

You have three of the most emotional deductions, for children and mortgage, state tax. Obviously affecting the younger families which are huge. No doubt Romney and Congress are sure to tip toe around that one.

flopstock;1406598 wrote: If we want to just say no deductions, I'd be all for it. The problem is that politicians just pick and choose.:thinking:

Flat tax, no deductions.

Back in the '50's top federal income tax rate was 90%! But with all the deductions nobody ever paid near that much, though it cost a tax payer paying tax experts to bring it down.

President Reagan worked to cut the top rate and reduce deductions (sound familiar?)

The tax code is a gift used by politicians to buy votes with special deductions, extensions, exceptions, whatever. That is why it is so difficult, if not impossible to rid our government of the progressive tax system with all its deductions.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I see that too, scarey thought. I get the impression that both of these individuals are way out of touch with we the people. Most Americans are 2 paychecks away from poverty. There's no room to breathe, we're tapped out. I can't see myself voting for Romney, first thing on his agenda is the next war in the ME, an intervention in Syria and war with Iran.

Want to balance the budget? Stop fighting wars all over the world.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1406684 wrote: I was being flippant.... I've watched some on Fox late at night.

Sorry, should have known better. It's interesting though Obama might have brought about a sea change but he seems in thrall to the corporations just as much as romney.
koan

Post by koan »

I thought that Obama was starting to incorporate Martin Luther King style speeches and, though I haven't finished listening to the debate, I noticed Romney using a lot of "a woman walked up to me and asked me how I was going to..." as if these random encounters happen on a regular basis and take a normal conversational tone. How do we know the woman didn't finish the discussion by saying "that's bull crap!" and being hauled away by security?

I find the psychological aspects to these debates quite fascinating. The use of language and choice of presenting style... someone is getting paid to decide on that for them. Or getting fired for bad advice.
koan

Post by koan »

In case anyone is interested, Democracy Now "expanded" the debate to allow two other candidates response time to the same questions in "real time". Green Party and Justice Party.

They don't have much chance but I like that they were given a platform where they can at least be heard.

Expanding the Debate–Watch Democracy Now’s Full Three-Hour Special
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

koan;1406726 wrote: I thought that Obama was starting to incorporate Martin Luther King style speeches and, though I haven't finished listening to the debate, I noticed Romney using a lot of "a woman walked up to me and asked me how I was going to..." as if these random encounters happen on a regular basis and take a normal conversational tone. How do we know the woman didn't finish the discussion by saying "that's bull crap!" and being hauled away by security?

Such stories are part and parcel of any debate.

Obama: It means that the teacher that I met in Las Vegas, a wonderful young lady, who describes to me -- she's got 42 kids in her class. The first two weeks she's got them, some of them sitting on the floor until finally they get reassigned. They're using text books that are 10 years old.

I didn't keep score on just who did more of that. Personally, I find them distracting.

koan;1406726 wrote: I find the psychological aspects to these debates quite fascinating. The use of language and choice of presenting style... someone is getting paid to decide on that for them. Or getting fired for bad advice.

Go back to 1960 Nixon vs. Kennedy, the first televised debate and see just how one appears on television makes a difference. That was not the last time gross mistakes make a difference.

It is no shock, considering the stakes of the outcome that every candidate gets all the help he can to prepare.
koan

Post by koan »

I recently watched Nixon but had never really known much about him before outside of a picture of him waving some fingers in the air and saying something about the truth. Whether or not Oliver Stone was right about the connections between Nixon and JFK's assassination it was still an interesting look at politics from the marketing side.

I mentioned that I haven't watched the whole debate, just seen highlights. Either one of them telling a story about an individual they met who represents the common folk has the same effect on me: eye rolling. It's the same as the reason they kiss babies for photo ops.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1406582 wrote: OMG! I noticed that too while I was watching it.

Regardless, Romney won tonight. Obama came off more hesitant and unsure of himself than I expected.

Obama didn't come off that way to me. I think when Romney started changing his dialogue--to me Romney sounded like the Democrat! The whole thing was so bizarre & twisted--Obama appeared so angry as to be beside himself. His eyes flashed with anger, flashed so hotly--at this point I found him so sexy that was all I could think about! :yh_love

I think he couldn't control his face & that's why he looked down the whole time. I think he was hesitant because he needed a poll to tell him how to react---"if I'm angry then I'm an angry Black man & white folks get scared" so I'll say nothing & discuss it later.

Not happy. Obama reminded me of what I don't like about him. And Romney? He's insane. In a funk all day yesterday, what a waste of my precious time. :-5 :yh_beatup
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1406748 wrote: Obama didn't come off that way to me. I think when Romney started changing his dialogue--to me Romney sounded like the Democrat! The whole thing was so bizarre & twisted--Obama appeared so angry as to be beside himself. His eyes flashed with anger, flashed so hotly--at this point I found him so sexy that was all I could think about! :yh_love

I think he couldn't control his face & that's why he looked down the whole time. I think he was hesitant because he needed a poll to tell him how to react---"if I'm angry then I'm an angry Black man & white folks get scared" so I'll say nothing & discuss it later.

Not happy. Obama reminded me of what I don't like about him. And Romney? He's insane. In a funk all day yesterday, what a waste of my precious time. :-5 :yh_beatup

Based on recent news reports and sound bites, I expected Obama to wipe the floor with Romney - that didn't even come close to happening.

Someone definitely coached Romney with Reagan inflections. But Obama didn't appear to have eyes flashing to me. To me he appeared to be mentally finding his place in the script for what he was supposed to say next.

My daughter found it frustrating that they both kept repeating themselves. I explained that these were their talking points, the stuff we were all supposed to come away with and remember so that we vote for them.

I think Romneys worst moments were those he spent pushing military bugdet increases.

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Sorry you didn't see flashing eyes (in the beginning). I found him SOOOOOOOOOO hot I couldn't think. I never really appreciated that "aspect" of him before. Afterwards, I wasn't really watching, but I was listening. Mostly, I was cringing. Now I'll try forgetting. The whole experience. Performance art. Dislike Romney so much, I have to work on getting a grip on myself. I've never seen anything like it, Romney, I mean. He changes with the wind, or anytime someone breaks a fart. I can't stand the thought of him being President, just can't stand it. Get a grip, gotta get a grip.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

koan;1406739 wrote: I recently watched Nixon but had never really known much about him before outside of a picture of him waving some fingers in the air and saying something about the truth.

Unfortunately, that is still all you know. I never watch any of his history fiction.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1406753 wrote: Sorry you didn't see flashing eyes (in the beginning). I found him SOOOOOOOOOO hot I couldn't think. I never really appreciated that "aspect" of him before. Afterwards, I wasn't really watching, but I was listening. Mostly, I was cringing. Now I'll try forgetting. The whole experience. Performance art. Dislike Romney so much, I have to work on getting a grip on myself. I've never seen anything like it, Romney, I mean. He changes with the wind, or anytime someone breaks a fart. I can't stand the thought of him being President, just can't stand it. Get a grip, gotta get a grip.

the thing of it is though, some folks watched this debate and made up their mind based on what they heard. They don't listen for changes from day to day. They are going on what they were told this one time and will go out and repeat it to friends and family.

Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

flopstock;1406767 wrote: the thing of it is though, some folks watched this debate and made up their mind based on what they heard. They don't listen for changes from day to day. They are going on what they were told this one time and will go out and repeat it to friends and family.

And I'm sure that some expected that if someone was flat-out lying, that the moderator or someone would say so and the fact that they didn't means that the fiction was actually true (death panels, etc.).
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Wandrin;1406771 wrote: And I'm sure that some expected that if someone was flat-out lying, that the moderator or someone would say so and the fact that they didn't means that the fiction was actually true (death panels, etc.).
The fiction is true. Scary. Like Newspeak.

flopstock

the thing of it is though, some folks watched this debate and made up their mind based on what they heard. They don't listen for changes from day to day. They are going on what they were told this one time and will go out and repeat it to friends and family.
That's what I'm afraid of.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Well, here was an interesting bit of news today..

Unemployment rate falls to 7.8% in September - The Washington Post

Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

flopstock;1406789 wrote: Well, here was an interesting bit of news today..

Unemployment rate falls to 7.8% in September - The Washington Post

Fox News ran the story with conspiracy theories about how Obama cooked the numbers and how it is a fraud to win the election. Romney says the "real" number is more than 10%.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

SNL skit on the vp debate... I have to confess that although I sat through this i did not sit through the actual debate.:wah:

‘SNL’ skewers VP debate (VIDEO) | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

How is this legal? Isn't this coercion?

Koch Industries, other CEOs warn employees of layoffs if Obama is reelected | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

The most incredibly stupid comment on the vp debate came from Fox News, where the guy said the best way to evaluate who won is to watch the debate with the sound off. He said that if you do that it was clear that Ryan "won" the debate.
koan

Post by koan »

This is probably the most accurate debate you'll see to base your decision on

So... who won?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Obama did better tonight... well, really didn't have anywhere to go but up, come to think about it.

valerie

Post by valerie »

It was hard to watch (really listen to I mean) some sections

of that, just the breakdown in 'control' of a debate format,

it sort of made me cringe.

I agree Obama was better this time.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I tried to watch, but the lying just got my blood pressure up, and I had to turn it off.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Before the debate, one of the commenters said something interesting. He said that a way to judge if the Republicans thought that Obama won the debate is that they would attack the debate moderator. Sure enough, they did.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Fox News is insisting that Romney was correct when he said Obama didn't say Libya was a terrorist attack for days after the incident yet they quote this "..."No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said..."

Read more: FACT CHECK: Did Obama really call consulate attack in Libya an 'act of terror'? | Fox News

Stupid.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I thought Romney was holding his own fairly well to that point. Then he stepped in it big time. Crowley was excellent.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

valerie;1408256 wrote: It was hard to watch (really listen to I mean) some sections

of that, just the breakdown in 'control' of a debate format,

it sort of made me cringe.

I agree Obama was better this time.Agreed ... twice.

LarsMac;1408257 wrote: I tried to watch, but the lying just got my blood pressure up, and I had to turn it off.I know what you mean. I didn't turn it off, but my brain just kind of automatically blocked it after awhile.

SnoozeAgain;1408266 wrote: Fox News is insisting that Romney was correct when he said Obama didn't say Libya was a terrorist attack for days after the incident yet they quote this "..."No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said..."

Read more: FACT CHECK: Did Obama really call consulate attack in Libya an 'act of terror'? | Fox News

Stupid.
Surely you're not giving him a pass for trying to downplay the attack & deflect responsibility by lying about the reason??

I swear this country truly gets what it deserves, and with sheep and lemmings dutifully recycling one Republocrat for the next one, it can only get worse.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Wandrin;1408262 wrote: Before the debate, one of the commenters said something interesting. He said that a way to judge if the Republicans thought that Obama won the debate is that they would attack the debate moderator. Sure enough, they did.
It seemed that some of the "undecided" voters were only undecided on whether they were going to vote for Obama or against Romney. The questions were screened and chosen. Do you claim that the moderator/network presented a balanced set of questions?

The questions:

QUESTION: Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment. What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?

QUESTION: Governor Romney, you have stated that if you're elected president, you would plan to reduce the tax rates for all the tax brackets and that you would work with the Congress to eliminate some deductions in order to make up for the loss in revenue.

Concerning the — these various deductions, the mortgage deductions, the charitable deductions, the child tax credit and also the — oh, what's that other credit? I forgot. Oh, I remember.

The education credits, which are important to me, because I have children in college. What would be your position on those things, which are important to the middle class?

QUESTION: Governor Romney, I am an undecided voter, because I'm disappointed with the lack of progress I've seen in the last four years. However, I do attribute much of America's economic and international problems to the failings and missteps of the Bush administration.

Since both you and President Bush are Republicans, I fear a return to the policies of those years should you win this election. What is the biggest difference between you and George W. Bush, and how do you differentiate yourself from George W. Bush?

QUESTION: Mr. President, I voted for you in 2008. What have you done or accomplished to earn my vote in 2012? I'm not that optimistic as I was in 2012. Most things I need for everyday living are very expensive.

QUESTION: Mr. Romney, what do you plan on doing with immigrants without their green cards that are currently living here as productive members of society?

QUESTION: We were sitting around, talking about Libya, and we were reading and became aware of reports that the State Department refused extra security for our embassy in Benghazi, Libya, prior to the attacks that killed four Americans.

Who was it that denied enhanced security and why?

QUESTION: President Obama, during the Democratic National Convention in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?

QUESTION: The outsourcing of American jobs overseas has taken a toll on our economy. What plans do you have to put back and keep jobs here in the United States?

QUESTION: Hi, Governor. I think this is a tough question. To each of you. What do you believe is the biggest misperception that the American people have about you as a man and a candidate? Using specific examples, can you take this opportunity to debunk that misperception and set us straight?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1408272 wrote: It seemed that some of the "undecided" voters were only undecided on whether they were going to vote for Obama or against Romney. The questions were screened and chosen. Do you claim that the moderator/network presented a balanced set of questions?

The questions: I thought the questions weren't as bad as I expected. After pizza hut dropped the sausage or pepperoni push, I wasn't sure what they would come up with.

and I got the feeling from her comments that the moderator staff went looking on the internet for question popularity. Although them having been seen by her and her staff opens it up to natural bias, no matter how fair someone is trying to be.

Although I think Obama did better last night, Romney did not do poorly up to the point he got thrown off script on the terrorist issue. He knew his facts because someone had drilled them into him.

When the moderator said Obama had used the term the next day in the garden, it threw him. He didn't even appear to pick up that she also pointed out that it was in the context of the film protests not a plotted terrorist attach.

Romneys new slogan needs to be 'I can do this!' :wah:

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I watched on MSNBC, which leans a bit liberal...but that is WHY I watch MSNBC. Rev Al Sharpton (who I notmally cannot tolerate) made a good point. I am paraphrasing here..but it was suposed to be a racially and culturally diverse group, BUT only ONE African American and 2 Latinos were chosen to ask questions?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Truth Squad: The second presidential debate - First Read

Now, this is a slant.:wah:

Fact check: A look at what Obama and Romney said in the second debate

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

To me President Obama was beating Rumply over the head with a 2X4 mightily. I especially liked when President Obama mad-dogged Roughy for trying to politicize the Libya deaths. Heck, even the moderator caught Rimply in a bald-faced lie!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Saint_;1408294 wrote: To me President Obama was beating Rumply over the head with a 2X4 mightily. I especially liked when President Obama mad-dogged Roughy for trying to politicize the Libya deaths. Heck, even the moderator caught Rimply in a bald-faced lie!

that's interesting.. I think obama just squeaked it out and that may be too little too late for him.

were you voting obama going into the debate?

I'm liking the green party today..:wah:

Return to “Current Political Events”