News from Kathy Ellen...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy has evacuated from the Island and Is safe with family up North.

She believes her home Is destroyed and may not be able to return home for 8 months....

but.... she Is safe :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Wandrin »

I'm glad she's okay. I know how much she loved her home, but homes can be replaced.
Betty Boop

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Betty Boop »

That's great news that Kathy is safe and well.
tabby

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by tabby »

There will be many sighs of relief at hearing the news that she's safe and sound. It's hard to imagine the emotional turmoil involved in the complete loss of a home whether it be from hurricane, tornado, fire or any other force.
AnneBoleyn

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

So glad Kathy Ellen safe. New Jersey uses NYC tv news & I see pictures of the destruction all day long. Oscar, please relay hugs! :yh_hugs
Snowfire

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Snowfire »

I have to say, it is great news that Kathy is safe. She must be devastated to have her home destroyed though. Seems rather inadequate to post here about it but I wish her well, I really do.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by gmc »

Glad she's OK. Kind of puts the odd slate coming off in to perspective doesn't it.
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

gmc;1409739 wrote: Glad she's OK. Kind of puts the odd slate coming off in to perspective doesn't it. I know and to lose her home at her time of life Is just devastating.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
valerie

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by valerie »

Thank you so much Oscar for letting us know.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Bruv

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Bruv »

Happy to hear that she is safe, sorry to hear of her situation.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Although I am really sorry to hear that her home is destroyed, I breath a sigh of relief that Kathy is safe. Thank you for letting us know, oscar.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
cars

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by cars »

Kathy has evacuated from the Island and Is safe with family up North.

She believes her home Is destroyed and may not be able to return home for 8 months....

but.... she Is safe

What devastating news Oscar, please tell KE that cars is wishing her all the best, and that she will be in my thoughts & prayers!

After seeing all those catastrophic destruction photos of the Jersey Shore on TV, I'm afraid that returning in 8 months will be quite a challenge.
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

cars;1409766 wrote: What devastating news Oscar, please tell KE that cars is wishing her all the best, and that she will be in my thoughts & prayers!

After seeing all those catastrophic destruction photos of the Jersey Shore on TV, I'm afraid that returning in 8 months will be quite a challenge. I will pass all your good wishes on to her. I know she will be touched by everyone's kind thoughts.
AussiePam

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by AussiePam »

Thank you very much, Oscar. I'm extremely relieved that Kathy is herself safe, and with family. I didn't hold out much hope for her beautiful house, but bottom line, houses can be rebuilt, homes recreated. I imagine she is totally devastated though, especially now the shock is probably starting to wear off and the reality of her loss is sinking in. I've stayed with her at Seaside Park and her house was all you would expect Kathy's home to be, a perfect setting for a very lovely lady. My heart goes out to her.

Best wishes to all here at Forum Garden.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Scrat

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Scrat »

Best of luck to her, in the end all will turn out good.
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

Although she Is safe and It's easy to say that It's just a building, I can not Imagine what she's going through.

At her time of life when you have worked for everything you own and are suddenly left with nothing has to be a massive massive shock.

I don't have the grandest house but It's my home. It's filled with things people I love have given me and Is filled with memories. It's what I work for, what I come home to, where I feel safe, where I can be myself.... that can't be replaced so easily.
AnneBoleyn

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1409796 wrote: Although she Is safe and It's easy to say that It's just a building, I can not Imagine what she's going through.

At her time of life when you have worked for everything you own and are suddenly left with nothing has to be a massive massive shock.

I don't have the grandest house but It's my home. It's filled with things people I love have given me and Is filled with memories. It's what I work for, what I come home to, where I feel safe, where I can be myself.... that can't be replaced so easily.

My friend lost her home a few streets from me 2 years in a row. She was still re-building. It is really really bad for some people. One of the tv channels here focuses on the Jersey shore destruction. There was a war & nature won.
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

AnneBoleyn;1409799 wrote: My friend lost her home a few streets from me 2 years in a row. She was still re-building. It is really really bad for some people. One of the tv channels here focuses on the Jersey shore destruction. There was a war & nature won.

I could cry for her.... she's such a lovely lady who didn't deserve this.

One Christmas, she picked sea shells off the beach and posted them to me In England. They are so beautiful that I still have them on shelves In my bathroom... hard to think that something that produced something so beautiful one year could take away everything another year.
Erica Kane

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Erica Kane »

Thank you Oscar for the news of Kathy Ellen and that she is safe & sound. I know she has family in New York. She may have to come back to Seaside Park only to access the damage on her house & to fill out paperwork for FEMA and it will break her heart to see it, but she can at least replace it. I know how she feels with losing a house and its awful but at least she is alive and thats all that counts. If you talk to her please tell her Ducky & Quin say hello & give her a hug/kisses from us:-4
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

Erica Kane;1409802 wrote: Thank you Oscar for the news of Kathy Ellen and that she is safe & sound. I know she has family in New York. She may have to come back to Seaside Park only to access the damage on her house & to fill out paperwork for FEMA and it will break her heart to see it, but she can at least replace it. I know how she feels with losing a house and its awful but at least she is alive and thats all that counts. If you talk to her please tell her Ducky & Quin say hello & give her a hug/kisses from us:-4

Of course I will Ducks....I know you went through similar two years ago with your house fire so you can understand how she feels a little better than me right now.... I'll ask her to phone you.... xxxx
G#Gill

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by G#Gill »

Oscar, thank you so much for posting that Kathy Ellen is safe and with relatives up North. As you say, she will be devastated to have lost her lovely home with all its special contents - her life's memories. Irreplaceable. But Kathy is alive thank goodness. Oscar, if you are in contact with Kathy Ellen, please send hugs to her from me. I wonder what has happened to her school, perhaps it escaped the storm. Kathy will be so upset if it hasn't. I hope she will eventually be able to get back to teaching.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

G#Gill;1409808 wrote: Oscar, thank you so much for posting that Kathy Ellen is safe and with relatives up North. As you say, she will be devastated to have lost her lovely home with all its special contents - her life's memories. Irreplaceable. But Kathy is alive thank goodness. Oscar, if you are in contact with Kathy Ellen, please send hugs to her from me. I wonder what has happened to her school, perhaps it escaped the storm. Kathy will be so upset if it hasn't. I hope she will eventually be able to get back to teaching.

Of course I will Gilly Willy Wully Chuff Chuff Woo Woo ( private joke :sneaky::wah: )

I'm sure she will be moved at the good wishes here.

BTW Mrs.... been down with the flu bad for a week now so I will ring you later In the week when hopefully I may feel a bit better. We can catch up then. Hope the Butty Is nailed down... we are supposed to be In for some bad weather now.
Kathy Ellen

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Just have a few minutes on the net but will try to return soon.

Oscar, thank you so much for potting up this thread. It made me cry to hear all of your good wishes. your a good friend;)

It was a horrible experience seeing my beloved town destroyed. Hopefully who chose to stay are safe. I can't even imagine that they would stay.

I may be able to return home for a short time...half hour or so...to assess damages. My family will go with me so I won't cry alone. Otherwise I won't be able to return for 8 months or so. The town had to turn off gas due to gas leaks n fire.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for your good thoughts.

Love,

Kathy Ellen xxxxx
Bryn Mawr

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

It is such a relief to hear that you're safe, Kathy, even though you must be distraught at loosing your home.

I can see that the practicalities of the next year are, to say the least, going to be difficult. I can only hope that you get the support you need to rebuild your home and your life.

Is there anything we can do to help?
YZGI

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by YZGI »

Wow. Sorry for your loss KE. Glad to hear your safe. Hope the future brings brighter days for you.
flopstock

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by flopstock »

Ya know, we still do barn raisings out here in the midwest. and we have Labor of Love done by the local community and businesses and Habitat for Humanity even goes out to help folks who need it.

They must have similar groups on a grander scale in the bigger areas.:thinking:

To be honest though, I'm still holding out for her going in to access the situation and finding that it swept past her home. Not logical, but it would be awesome!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Erica Kane

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Erica Kane »

Kathy Ellen;1409816 wrote: Just have a few minutes on the net but will try to return soon.

Oscar, thank you so much for potting up this thread. It made me cry to hear all of your good wishes. your a good friend;)

It was a horrible experience seeing my beloved town destroyed. Hopefully who chose to stay are safe. I can't even imagine that they would stay.

I may be able to return home for a short time...half hour or so...to assess damages. My family will go with me so I won't cry alone. Otherwise I won't be able to return for 8 months or so. The town had to turn off gas due to gas leaks n fire.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for your good thoughts.

Love,

Kathy Ellen xxxxx

Good morning KE..Quin & I are so glad your safe & he says hello. Feels weird to be settled into a new house knowing yours is either destroyed or not fit to live in. If I had enough room I'd kidnap you to stay with us then you could experience the dynamics of this family..you'd probs get a hotel room the next morning:wah:. But yeah, just reading that your ok is fine with me and everything will work out..it always does. Feel free to ring me..I stll have the same cell number but the house number changed so I'll inbox it to you..Love from Jeanne:-4
chonsigirl

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by chonsigirl »

I am so glad you are safe Kathy. :-4
G#Gill

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by G#Gill »

Wow ! It is so good to see that you can occasionally keep in touch on the internet, Kathy. Just remember there must be dozens and dozens of people all over the world who know your name and have spoken with you on the internet. All these people will be thinking of you and many will be saying prayers for you. Without doubt there must be masses of good vibes being sent to you Kathy across the thousands of miles, so be of good cheer - the Atlantic Ocean is gridlocked with thousands of hugs, all headed towards that lovely lady Kathy Ellen, from Noo Joisey. :yh_wink :yh_hugs:yh_flower
Kathy Ellen

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi All,

Just popping in to say hi and hope that you are all well.....

I'm much better, but I don't have wifi. I was driving 120 miles a day to get to work from my family's home 'up north.' It was killing me.

Now, I'm renting a home at the beach which is about 20 miles from work....Much better. The home belongs to my brother''s friend. What a gorgeous home it is...I'm so lucky....

Please know that I think of you often and hope all are well xxx
valerie

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by valerie »

We think of you too, sweetie!! LOTS!!!

So glad to hear you've got a bit better situation, and

thank you for the update!!

>
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Snowfire

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Snowfire »

Good to hear your well Kathy. Keep us all updated when you can and good luck
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

News from Kathy Ellen...

Good to hear from you Kathy.... keep us updated won't you. Sending my love and hugs to you and the family .... stay safe xxxxx
Bryn Mawr

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Glad to hear that life is getting back to normal (slightly). May it keep improving :-6
AnneBoleyn

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1410747 wrote: Glad to hear that life is getting back to normal (slightly). May it keep improving :-6

I'll second that if I may.
along-for-the-ride

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Good to hear from you again, Kathy. :-4
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lady J

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by Lady J »

Hang in there Kathy.....You are strong and believe it or not things could be worse.

glad to hear you are safe and turning things around.

Best to You!

Stay safe!!
G#Gill

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by G#Gill »

Good to hear the update Kathy, just look after yourself. Thank goodness you're making progress and managing to get a little organised. From what I've read, it appears that your school has survived and that is such a blessing. Take care. :)
cars

News from Kathy Ellen...

Post by cars »

KE wrote: Just popping in to say hi and hope that you are all well.....

I'm much better, but I don't have wifi. I was driving 120 miles a day to get to work from my family's home 'up north.' It was killing me.

Now, I'm renting a home at the beach which is about 20 miles from work....Much better. The home belongs to my brother''s friend. What a gorgeous home it is...I'm so lucky....

Please know that I think of you often and hope all are well xxx

Hi Kathy, it's good to hear from you. And glad you are somewhat recovering from that disaster. Wow, driving 120 miles a day not only had to tire you out, but it had to cost you a fortune in gas $$$$$. IMHO, consider "renting" that house as long as you can. And maybe not "own" anything close to the water again. Yes you would not own a house, but it would be safer for you that way in the long run. Let someone else run the risk. Now if the house was further away form the water, well that would be another story.
Cars :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”