Man spared after raping, killing daughter

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Riyadh - A Saudi preacher who raped his 5-year-old daughter and tortured her to death has been sentenced to pay "blood money" to the mother after having served a short jail term, activists said on Saturday.

Lamia al-Ghamdi was admitted to hospital on 25 December 2011 with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said. She died last 22 October.

Read more.....

Man spared after raping, killing daughter | News24

How can a human soul live with themselves after doing such a thing? They have to have, even if buried deep and apparently very deep inside a conscience.

Lady J
gmc

Post by gmc »

You wouldn't be criticising religion would you? A "legitimate" rape according to some. We in the decadent west should not criticise don't you know.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I do not understand how the members of the court could make such a ruling, and go home to face their wives and mothers.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
weeder

Post by weeder »

Thats so obvious....... They have zero respect for women. As for the incident happening.. Evil is as present in this world, as whatever good force you believe in. It is real, and it will slip through the tiniest crack.

There are all kinds of people walking around with out conscience. They are sick and dangerous. The best protection a person can have is the ability to recognize them. But then where can a child go to be safe?
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
gmc

Post by gmc »

It's an old report.

“Burkas for babies”: Saudi cleric’s new fatwa causes controversy

A Saudi cleric has called for all female babies to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls being sexually molested.

Sex is the original sin. It was eve that got us chucked out of paradise therefore it is always the females fault when violence is committed against them. You don't have to look very far to find similar sentiments amongst fundamentalist Christians. OK I'll admit they are not usually in to paedophilia but they are certainly keen to preserve their god given right to beat their children for their own good.

Fatwa issued against Kashmir's all-girls band

Fatwa issued against Kashmir's all-girls band - Hindustan Times

You couldn't make some of ty=this stuff up could you.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Whether this dispicable sick crime took place last month or last decade, does not diminish the sheer horror of it. The worst part is that the West will fold their arms, sit back and say nothing.

Why? Well firstly because they have an abundance of oil and secondly because they are totally neutral in terms of opposition to the Zionist occupation of Palestine.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

....Zionist occupation of Palestine
Schitt JJ, not you too?
zenda7

Post by zenda7 »

Having lived from my childhood until about thirty years old all over the middle east, I can tell you that far worse goes on with women every single day.

Girl children are circumcised at two or three years by a male with a knife, no anesthesia, usually on a kitchen table, and many die from the procedure from infections. It also leaves scarring which makes childbirth more difficult.

They are then sold into marriage in the marketplace at five or six years old, to men who do not wait until her puberty to consummate, stoned to death at the least sign of even inadvertent impropriety, and live lives of crushing fear even going to the market (always accompanied by a male, of course) of being accosted or worse.

Please understand, this is the norm in Islamic society, not the practice of some backward hill tribes.

As for the West standing by and doing nothing, nothing can be done: any interference is viewed as western imperialism. The West has no power in this matter - how exactly do you change the inbred beliefs of billions of men who believe women are disposable commodities? That has nothing to do with US-Middle East relations, but more to do with imperial monarchies who understand that to control the masses, you need to give them someone lower on the rung to kick at. All easier if 'Allah" sanctions it.

All we can do is weep for the victims and hope that western ideas of freedom for all will take hold.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I remember that story ....he's some kind of Celebrity TV Mula or something similar.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You fascinate me Zenda!

Return to “Islam”