To call God Love is to insult Love. God does not love us.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name - YouTube

Love to be a true love must be shown somehow and God is not doing anything to show his except to promise to send most of us to hell or death.

God cannot love us if he ignores us and unless ready to accept the lie of a creator God, --- then all will see that God does nothing for mankind and in fact does us harm if his powers are as spoken of in scriptures.

(7) If There is a Painting... - YouTube

St. James says that faith must be shown by works and deeds to be true faith. I say that those same conditions apply to love. Love must be shown by works and deeds to be true love. Love must be expressed this way from both parties as reciprocity is a high moral tenet.

In loving God or God loving us, both God and humans must do works, deeds and actions for and to each other. God does nothing and thus cannot love us.

Do you agree?

Regards

DL
Týr

Post by Týr »

You refer to God as something outside of us. That's where your confusion lies. There is no such thing as an external independent God, the entire notion's a very repellent form of hogwash which originates, in all the monotheistic religions, from a mistaken historical belief in divinely inspired Biblical inerrancy.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Týr;1444454 wrote: You refer to God as something outside of us. That's where your confusion lies. There is no such thing as an external independent God, the entire notion's a very repellent form of hogwash which originates, in all the monotheistic religions, from a mistaken historical belief in divinely inspired Biblical inerrancy.

That notion was around for a long time before Christianity or it's evil bible was ever created by man.

The issue is what the bible God does or does not in terms of showing his love.

As a Gnostic Christian, I know that access to the Godhead is within us. That access is connected to what I call a cosmic consciousness which is where we all end after death. In that we have no choice.

I will take it that we are on the same page for the bible God but not on Gnostic belief if you do not have a spiritual itch to scratch.

Regards

DL
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Týr;1444454 wrote: You refer to God as something outside of us. That's where your confusion lies. There is no such thing as an external independent God, the entire notion's a very repellent form of hogwash which originates, in all the monotheistic religions, from a mistaken historical belief in divinely inspired Biblical inerrancy.

I think Gnostic is only saying what people in general seem to believe, that 'God' is an external independent 'being'. It always makes me smile when most people talk about 'God' and without fail automatically make out that 'God' is a 'He'. Has anybody met 'God'? Can anybody describe 'God' ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I don't think there is any such personage as God. I wish I did (God knows why!!) but I don't.

eta--you say "God does nothing and thus cannot love us"--maybe God does nothing because there is no God to do anything.

Can't prove No God, but no one can prove there is God.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I looked up the term, to refresh my memory, but can you GCB explain to me what it means to you to label yourself this way? You can be Gnostic without the Christian, am I right? Why then add Jesus? Thanks.
Týr

Post by Týr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444462 wrote: That notion was around for a long time before Christianity or it's evil bible was ever created by man.I did say it was a fault inherent in Monotheism, not just Christianity. Only monotheists refer to "God" though, so it has to have started with them.

What you say so far does suggest that you suffer from "belief". It's an unenviable position to find yourself in. You have to shuffle all your observation of reality into the straightjacket of what you "know" to be true of the world. I've no idea why any rational person would saddle themselves with that degree of blinkering.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Týr;1444478 wrote: I did say it was a fault inherent in Monotheism, not just Christianity. Only monotheists refer to "God" though, so it has to have started with them.

What you say so far does suggest that you suffer from "belief". It's an unenviable position to find yourself in. You have to shuffle all your observation of reality into the straightjacket of what you "know" to be true of the world. I've no idea why any rational person would saddle themselves with that degree of blinkering.

You inspire me to think. Thanks. I've always tried to read your posts on god and or religion and they are always interesting.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

G#Gill;1444463 wrote: I think Gnostic is only saying what people in general seem to believe, that 'God' is an external independent 'being'. It always makes me smile when most people talk about 'God' and without fail automatically make out that 'God' is a 'He'. Has anybody met 'God'? Can anybody describe 'God' ?

Yes. We have made him, or her, in our image. The ancients knowing that God could only be one depicted them as androgynous.

That way males and females could relate to them more fully.

Anthropomorphising is not a bad idea.

Would you follow a God who looked like some alien monster?

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1444464 wrote: I don't think there is any such personage as God. I wish I did (God knows why!!) but I don't.

eta--you say "God does nothing and thus cannot love us"--maybe God does nothing because there is no God to do anything.

Can't prove No God, but no one can prove there is God.

I cannot argue against your view. My belief is not so easy.

I see the Gods as myth that have to be internalized before any kind of spiritual growth can happen. That does not mean that those who do not do so are deficient in any way. You, I am sure, have internalized whatever ideals you have collected.

If you do have a spiritual side then please listen to this clip and see if it makes sense to you from a more esoteric POV.

It is the closest I have found to my way of forcing my apotheosis. He is also a decent esoteric teacher.

1A Hidden Meanings In Bible - YouTube

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1444467 wrote: I looked up the term, to refresh my memory, but can you GCB explain to me what it means to you to label yourself this way? You can be Gnostic without the Christian, am I right? Why then add Jesus? Thanks.

It is geography. I live in a predominantly Christian country and was born into R C.

If born in a Muslin country, I would be a Gnostic Muslim, if they did not kill me.

I add Jesus because if you read the bible the right way, esoterically, then that Jesus becomes a good guide. That last post to you with the link should be viewed to show what I mean.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Týr;1444478 wrote: I did say it was a fault inherent in Monotheism, not just Christianity. Only monotheists refer to "God" though, so it has to have started with them.

Nothing I believe call for the belief of fantasy, miracles or magic. It is all natural. If it was not, I would reject what I know as it would mean having faith in what has not been proven.

Everything I believe, I have proof for. Unfortunately, apotheosis leave no proof to show others but is undeniable to the one that suffers apotheosis.

Jesus warns of this with his, --- they will look for signs and not find them.

All I have are words and give an anecdotal rendering to explain my views. Not to make you believe. I would not believe me without proof and do not expect belief.

Regards

DL
Týr

Post by Týr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444488 wrote: Everything I believe, I have proof for.
Goodness me - "what I call a cosmic consciousness which is where we all end after death"? You're kidding us.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Týr;1444494 wrote: Goodness me - "what I call a cosmic consciousness which is where we all end after death"? You're kidding us.

No. And in this case, science is catching up and may have proof in the next few years.

If you are into science as I am, you might have already seen this.

Through The Wormhole - Is There A Sixth Sense PART 2/2 on Vimeo

This clip shows where I think I found the cosmic consciousness but their telepathic link, if that is what it is, is rather low key. Full telepathic contact hurts. I did it twice. The first time with my wife and the second with what I call the Godhead. Without my wife to confirm that telepathy is real, she called it an assault, I would not give any veracity to the second time when I found the cosmic consciousness.

I put an O P called Care to compare the Jesus you know etc. --- that will likely be approved in a day or two. Let's move this there shall we. It has a better explanation than what I gave here.

Regards

DL
Týr

Post by Týr »

I was merely challenging your notion of proof, in the context of knowing. You know this to be true. "Everything I believe, I have proof for". I have no dispute here either way with the concept of an afterlife or its nature, I dispute only that you can validly know your interpretation to be the truth.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Týr;1444499 wrote: I was merely challenging your notion of proof, in the context of knowing. You know this to be true. "Everything I believe, I have proof for". I have no dispute here either way with the concept of an afterlife or its nature, I dispute only that you can validly know your interpretation to be the truth.

If in a court of law, I would swear to believing what I am saying here.

If as in Roman times, my head was on the line, I would believe it internally but would quickly grab a Roman flag, or God, and deny, deny, deny. Martyrdom is a really bad idea.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”