What do you think of the Willow Smith photo?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Yeah, probably just for publicity, yeah probably innocent,

but to me it still looks bad:

Willow Smith, 13, Lies in Bed With Shirtless Actor Moises Arias, 20 - Us Weekly
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

valerie;1453632 wrote: Yeah, probably just for publicity, yeah probably innocent,

but to me it still looks bad:

Willow Smith, 13, Lies in Bed With Shirtless Actor Moises Arias, 20 - Us Weekly

I don't like what it is suggesting, and I really don't know what it is suggesting, but that unknown suggestion should never be done to a 13 year old and that curious suggestion should never be left to the public to discern.

I think her Father is obviously grooming them to be public stars and millionares;

Nothing wrong with that, but don't start her out doing this kind of " Suggestion", which can easily be interpreted as a qusai sexual one, while she is only 13. She is being taught early on that sexual suggestion, or even " Mildly half dressed photos", is going to get her attention and make her some money.

She may think the more suggestive she gets, the more money, ( which would be true).

Some may say, " Well its a harmless picture", and IF THEY say that, its because THEY would let their 13 year old do it.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I honestly don't care what Willow Smith, or any Hollywood rich kid (i.e. Kardashian) does.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

If I comment I will give her advisors what they wanted, sure enough it wasn't her decision to pose or publish this image
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Publicity...that's all.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
valerie

Post by valerie »

AnneBoleyn;1453634 wrote: I honestly don't care what Willow Smith, or any Hollywood rich kid (i.e. Kardashian) does.

Fair enough response I suppose, except that it makes me ask, why post in the thread, then?

Is it to feel superior to those who do want to comment? The name was in the thread title,

surely not caring would lead you to skip over it.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

valerie;1453653 wrote: Fair enough response I suppose, except that it makes me ask, why post in the thread, then?

Is it to feel superior to those who do want to comment? The name was in the thread title,

surely not caring would lead you to skip over it.

Valerie? Are you seriously thinking I feel that way? Stick with this: "Fair enough response I suppose". You asked for opinions, that was mine. You have the right to pose the question, enough people are concerned with the topic to warrant this thread. I wasn't judging your interest & I ask the same respect in return. Thank you.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

OK, ok----pretending I care about uber wealthy children born of entitlement:

The young man is a good friend of the family. We all wear less at the beach, or, pardon me, their swimming pools & private lagunas. I thought the pic was no big deal.
valerie

Post by valerie »

You've gotten it a bit wrong, I didn't think you felt that way, I ASKED if you did. As for the rest of it,

the snark and condescending attitude, I don't need that or to be told what thread to start. I'll

post/start anything within the TOS.

The way you are is quite some distance form getting any respect from me, but I'm sure you

don't REALLY care about that.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Now girls, girls, please don't get all heated - just kiss and make up ! :) It's certainly not worth falling out over !

From where I'm 'standing', it's a provocative, suggestive publicity stunt. Willow is still a child and quite honestly it demonstrates to me the thoughtless money-seeking attitude of the parents, and their attitude towards the upbringing of their daughter ! :yh_eyerol But to be quite honest, I personally couldn't care less what these celebrity offspring get up to. It doesn't affect me or my family, and so long as it stays that way, I just ain't interested. :yh_tired :yh_sigh That is my opinion, for what it's worth. :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
valerie

Post by valerie »

I guess Gill I'm more about the photo and the ages of the people in it, not that they are

who they are. It saddens me to see a 13 year old in a 'bed' with a 20 year old shirtless

man.

And from what I'm hearing, he's the one who posted it on Instagram (and quickly removed)

and I think he's using her, I don't know that the parents had anything to do with it. But

maybe more will come out about that.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The pic is suggestive - every one knows better than to allow a 13 yr old to cuddle with a older male.

This is a Whitney Houston daughter story all over again - she's with the one posted as they cuddled. - nothing sexual - honest.:sneaky:

Patsy
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't get it. What are we supposed to be seeing here? I don't see any provocativeness.

No really, I don't see what others are seeing here.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

valerie;1453684 wrote: You've gotten it a bit wrong, I didn't think you felt that way, I ASKED if you did. As for the rest of it,

the snark and condescending attitude, I don't need that or to be told what thread to start. I'll

post/start anything within the TOS.

The way you are is quite some distance form getting any respect from me, but I'm sure you

don't REALLY care about that.

Wow. You got me all wrong Valerie. I must be bad at getting my points across. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

fuzzywuzzy;1453703 wrote: I don't get it. What are we supposed to be seeing here? I don't see any provocativeness.

No really, I don't see what others are seeing here.

That is just the point, what do you see? Or, what do you allow; what do you tolerate; what do you think is fine? And how far society is stretching our eyes; our range; our conscious ability to accept more and more and push the boundrys out wider and wider, to now those boundrys include it being okay for your 13 year old daughter to lay in a bed with my shirtless 20 year old son. And then for them to have that moment taken as a picture for all to see.

Now we have a whole generation of parents whose consciousness has been pried opened for so long by society, that they " See Nothing wrong here."

You let me walk in on that with my son or daughter, and I bet you they would never do it again; I would " See to that", and I would not care how they see it, in my house it will be seen as I see it.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mickiel;1453710 wrote: ............................................ in my house it will be seen as I see it.

You would like to believe ?
valerie

Post by valerie »

Thank you, Anne and I'm sorry, too. It's no excuse really but I think the

back pain I've been dealing with for about a week and a half now is

really coloring my mood.

If I looked at this picture and didn't know the ages of those involved, it

likely would not even register with me.

I am an old fogie, I know, but I just can't see with everything we know

that can and DOES happen with young girls these days, that better

care isn't taken to protect them at least a little bit.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1453715 wrote: You would like to believe ?

I hold absolutely no need to convince you how I raised my children, but I am sure they would tell you that none of them at any time in their lives in my house, EVER laid in bed at 13 with anyone other than themselves. And that goes for ANY age they were! My child raising years are over, I hold no interest in women who are not my age or older, but if I had it to do again, few things I did would change; I simply would not allow that with my 13 year old girl; no way man; its not even up for a discussion in my house. Nobodyelse has ANY imput on an issue like this , case closed man, case closed. And whoever does not like it can pack their bags and leave.

No man, not with my little girl.

You see, if the OP does not mind this limited imput, what is it that our teens do with stars? They immulate them. They copy them. They want to be and do every thing they " See the Star do.!" Will every 13 year old girl that admires Willow, is now wanting to get in bed with a 20 year old? Well the ones who have parents like me, not much problem, nip it in the bud, don't even let it live in their minds. But the " Open Minded parents" who " See" no harm in it, will allow it.

Who now is going to garentee the safety of the little girl, " IF" the boy decides he is going to take off more than his shirt, and the parents are thinking its okay to trust the lust of this boy? Or, how are you going to tell me, Aw, its nothing wrong with it, just " Leave them alone." Yea, alone is probally what that boy is waiting for.

No, too many varibles that I could not trust, and place my girl into possible situations that could ultimately harm her.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

valerie;1453721 wrote: Thank you, Anne and I'm sorry, too. It's no excuse really but I think the

back pain I've been dealing with for about a week and a half now is

really coloring my mood.

If I looked at this picture and didn't know the ages of those involved, it

likely would not even register with me.

I am an old fogie, I know, but I just can't see with everything we know

that can and DOES happen with young girls these days, that better

care isn't taken to protect them at least a little bit.

No worries Valerie, I knew it was only a misunderstanding that we could clear up together & I bet I'm an older fogey than you!

These rich, famous kids get away with everything, they are not like us, they have endless money & servants to fall back on. They could fly to Paris for lunch if they are bored. I think Mickiel made an excellent point when he just wrote: "what is it that our teens do with stars? They immulate them. They copy them. They want to be and do every thing they " See the Star do.!"

I think that is a huge problem today, how to inform our kids of our reality, not Hollywood's. When we make mistakes, we pay, & sometimes dearly. "They" squeeze through & their behaviors become a fad. So, it's not that I'm not concerned with the question, I'm concerned about OUR children, not those of the rich & famous. I will admit Gossip can be a lot of FUN! & we sure do like it!!! One of my Guilty Pleasures!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Mickiel;1453710 wrote: That is just the point, what do you see? Or, what do you allow; what do you tolerate; what do you think is fine? And how far society is stretching our eyes; our range; our conscious ability to accept more and more and push the boundrys out wider and wider, to now those boundrys include it being okay for your 13 year old daughter to lay in a bed with my shirtless 20 year old son. And then for them to have that moment taken as a picture for all to see.

Now we have a whole generation of parents whose consciousness has been pried opened for so long by society, that they " See Nothing wrong here."

You let me walk in on that with my son or daughter, and I bet you they would never do it again; I would " See to that", and I would not care how they see it, in my house it will be seen as I see it.

I see what you're saying ....I just don't see it in this picture. Maybe my brain isn't as sordid as your imagination.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nope, I don't see anything suggestive In the slightest.

She Is not naked. He Is sitting up and she's propped up on one elbow. She has her back to him. They are not facing each other. They are not cuddling. They are not even touching.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The article reads - Willow lies in BED with a older adult Man.

Oscar - you don't see a problem with a Child 13 yr. old laying next /near a older man?

On a Bed?

Would you really appreciate your child to lay down next to a older man by the time she's 13 - Willow looks comfortable so this wasn't Willow's first CUDDLE.

Not appropriate for young girl to lay next to a older man - not at all

But then - every one is free to what ever they wish.

I don't have to like it & I don't care if Oscar agrees with my point of view so HOLD your B.S. Thank You.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I also have to ask why the older man didn't move off the bed?

I stated Willow was comfortable - Most young girls wouldn't and shouldn't be comfortable laying on a bed - sharing the bed with a older man.

Most won't share space with their sibling without a fight.

Obviously it's a different way of parenting. I hope it all works out. As I have already referred to Whitney Houston's Daughter & Foster Son - now husband & wife.

No - this wouldn't happen with my child.

And the older man might still be alive...?:sneaky:

Patsy
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I have no idea who the two on the bed are or their ages.

As a picture with no other information I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Many of the objections are, to be realistic, imagined or surmised, by the observer.

Far more than is shown is being 'read' into the image.

I am thinking the reaction says more about the viewer than the content of the image.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Oscar Mate;1453753 wrote:

Nope, I don't see anything .

I edited this myself, because I think this is what the influence behind this picture wants; Parents that don't see anything.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mickiel;1453794 wrote: I edited this myself, because I think this is what the influence behind this picture wants; Parents that don't see anything.

Then you are altering other people's words to suit your own concept of truth..................self deception of the worst kind.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1453796 wrote: Then you are altering other people's words to suit your own concept of truth..................self deception of the worst kind.

I stand 100% behind my editing, she said every word of it in that order, I just cut her sentence short. because I think her parental eyesight is cut short.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mickiel;1453800 wrote: I stand 100% behind my editing, she said every word of it in that order, I just cut her sentence short. because I think her parental eyesight is cut short.

The truth the whole truth.......and nothing but the truth.

Omissions or additions are not truthful, just your own opinion transposed.
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1453765 wrote: The article reads - Willow lies in BED with a older adult Man.

Oscar - you don't see a problem with a Child 13 yr. old laying next /near a older man?

On a Bed?

Would you really appreciate your child to lay down next to a older man by the time she's 13 - Willow looks comfortable so this wasn't Willow's first CUDDLE.

Not appropriate for young girl to lay next to a older man - not at all

But then - every one is free to what ever they wish.

I don't have to like it & I don't care if Oscar agrees with my point of view so HOLD your B.S. Thank You.

Patsy Yes, Patsy, the article reads... ie what some tabloid or magazine hack who has written the article wants you to think. It Is subversive, Intentional, subliminal and deliberate.

The article Is designed to evoke the worst scenario thinking. To Imply that something criminal, seedy, or sexual has taken place.

It's designed to suggest that a 20 year old man can not Innocently lie on a piece of furnature with a 13 year old girl without something sordid about It.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've discussed this thread with my 19 year old son. He didn't see anything wrong with it either. And was actually quite taken aback that his age group is considered sexual predators. And he made a good point. "You don't need a bed to have sex."

Which got me thinking . These days more and more of teens lives are spent in their rooms . It's not a sacred retreat as it used to be . Teens entertain in their bedrooms now. They have all their mod cons in their rooms (TV's, computers, game stations etc etc.) Their rooms are a world for their friends and themselves. It's simply not the same as it used to be. And yes I've allowed girls in my boys rooms and I trusted them. They've had sleep overs where girls were invited . One year my youngest had more girls than boys at his sleep over.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Fuzz - Oscar

your right - I gave this pic some thought as to different times - different parenting.

Kids now spend a lot of time in the bedroom - never happened in the 50's & 60's.

So my old fashion protective attitude from the 60's - well it's built in.

The age difference bothers me - I wish I didn't know Willow - maybe I'd appreciate the artist value? maybe I'd see something different like the young man looked sad & make the pic about the young man?

So Thank You to all who replied

interesting views.

Patsy
valerie

Post by valerie »

Well Anne saying be concerned with OUR children I really get. Because obviously nothing

anyone says HERE can change anything about that photo or what's behind (or not, as

the case may be) it.

Just hard for me to 'un-ring' that bell. The (admittedly very few) times I've seen Willow

or her family anywhere, or heard them, I really have liked all of them. All very bright.

I may be borrowing trouble, but there are just things I don't want to hear about Willow

in the future.

Moises on the other hand (young man) I'd never heard of before, not having children

or myself ever watching Hannah Montana.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

How many of you have told your teen girls off for lounging around? And lets face it it's usually on the couch when the family or visitors are there. Not because they look suggestive but because no one else has room to sit. Girls lounge around. It's their thing. To suggest a young girl is suggestive just because she's lounging. It's the pedophiles of this world trying to put creedance on their own take of young girls. And puts more pressure on them not to behave in their age group.

Funny you should bring up Hannah Montana.... No I won't discuss the wrecking ball incident.

Instead lets look at her auntie, Dolly Parton. All that sexual innuendo worked for her and she readily admits where she got the idea from. Yet she still has God in her heart ....cough. Every body still loves her though eh?

At 3:20 she admits what she wanted in life from a very young age. And back then she didn't have mass media.

Now for those who think that the photo is provocative I have one thing to say . Firstly it was put into your head . Second that's your mind doing hte thinking not he photo. And thirdly...can't any of you think of a time in your life where you were lounging back with a friend with no intention of sex?

That photo is not in any way offensive..........this is offensive!!! And it's mainstream media. Please don't watch if you believe it may upset you . it promotes man boy love.

but I suppose it's all context isn't it.But I don't see anyone prepared to rip down half of the works in some of our greatest art galleries.
Oscar Namechange

I agree with Fuzzy... long gone are the days where the bedroom was for just sleeping and a bit of rumpy.

Yet even when I was 13, growing up with older brothers, I would sprawl over their beds with their pals who were older listening to music together. Back then, I am sure my Father would have had something to say had any of those pals been shirtless but It was also about trust.

Back then, some households were lucky to have one TV set In the lounge but these days, most teenagers watch TV In their bedrooms.

I have a niece with varying ages of teenagers and their rooms are like mini apartments. They have their TV's, even coffee making facilities and the 13 and 14 year olds sprawl everywhere with the older teens and their friends.

Return to “General Chit Chat”