M6 rubberneckners traced and fined by warwickshire police..the AA grumpy column
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:12 pm
sorry did i make you jump its only your old fag grumpy rifling through the ashtray of life to bring to light(was that bit a joke ED )
another story
More than 80 motorists have been prosecuted by police - for taking photographs of a single accident on the M6.
The rubber-neckers were all caught using their mobile phones to snap the dramatic lorry fire on the busy motorway in the West Midlands.
Cops captured the offending drivers on CCTV between junctions 4 and 4a in June and then traced them from their number plates.
It is believed to be the first time a police force has carried out a mass prosecution of rubber-neckers - who brought the opposite carriageway to a standstill The motorists have been sent letters by Warwickshire Police saying they were seen taking photos of the blazing overturned lorry.
The incident caused extensive tailbacks on both sides of the motorway - the busiest in the country.
A Warwickshire Police spokesman said: “People travelling northbound were seen by police taking pictures of the fire “They have been sent letters saying that they had been seen taking photographs.
“They have been told they can either pay a £100 fine and have three penalty points put on to their licences or contest the case in court.
A tweet from Warwickshire Police said: “Following a serious rtc (road traffic collision) on the M6 in the summer, we have secured 80 prosecutions for motorists using phones to photograph the scene.
Cops captured the offending drivers on CCTV between junctions 4 and 4a in June and then traced them from their number plates
Prosecutions for motorway rubber-neckers who photographed lorry fire and brought M6 to standstill - Mirror Online
AAG
well its not very often i agree with the police but for once in this case i do.
rubbernecking at an accident is not only dangerous but ghoulish as passing motorists possibly hope to see death or blood and realisticly should be an offence as its driving without due care and using a mobile phone while driving which in turn could have contributed to another accident.
but also on the other hand large portable screens should be carried to shield the accident from public gaze as they have in racing which they
put around the horse so no one can see whats going on behind the screen.
but now flip the coin over
wasnt it convienient and suspicious that a cctv unit or traffic camera van was nearby and just happend to attend the fire on the M6 and the camera mysteriously switched itself on and started to record.
the plods must have been trembling in their size 12 plod boots at the thought of all those fines that they could rake in.
only the police could make money out of something like this but the warwickshire chief super wont publicly admit to sending the van but it was just happened to be nearby (yeah right and rolf harris was innocent) the laws as bent as a nine bob note no wonder people have no faith in the police any more its just a cash making business like any other.
mind you £800 for couple of hours work isnt a bad pay day is it officer
mind how you go sir....
another story
More than 80 motorists have been prosecuted by police - for taking photographs of a single accident on the M6.
The rubber-neckers were all caught using their mobile phones to snap the dramatic lorry fire on the busy motorway in the West Midlands.
Cops captured the offending drivers on CCTV between junctions 4 and 4a in June and then traced them from their number plates.
It is believed to be the first time a police force has carried out a mass prosecution of rubber-neckers - who brought the opposite carriageway to a standstill The motorists have been sent letters by Warwickshire Police saying they were seen taking photos of the blazing overturned lorry.
The incident caused extensive tailbacks on both sides of the motorway - the busiest in the country.
A Warwickshire Police spokesman said: “People travelling northbound were seen by police taking pictures of the fire “They have been sent letters saying that they had been seen taking photographs.
“They have been told they can either pay a £100 fine and have three penalty points put on to their licences or contest the case in court.
A tweet from Warwickshire Police said: “Following a serious rtc (road traffic collision) on the M6 in the summer, we have secured 80 prosecutions for motorists using phones to photograph the scene.
Cops captured the offending drivers on CCTV between junctions 4 and 4a in June and then traced them from their number plates
Prosecutions for motorway rubber-neckers who photographed lorry fire and brought M6 to standstill - Mirror Online
AAG
well its not very often i agree with the police but for once in this case i do.
rubbernecking at an accident is not only dangerous but ghoulish as passing motorists possibly hope to see death or blood and realisticly should be an offence as its driving without due care and using a mobile phone while driving which in turn could have contributed to another accident.
but also on the other hand large portable screens should be carried to shield the accident from public gaze as they have in racing which they
put around the horse so no one can see whats going on behind the screen.
but now flip the coin over
wasnt it convienient and suspicious that a cctv unit or traffic camera van was nearby and just happend to attend the fire on the M6 and the camera mysteriously switched itself on and started to record.
the plods must have been trembling in their size 12 plod boots at the thought of all those fines that they could rake in.
only the police could make money out of something like this but the warwickshire chief super wont publicly admit to sending the van but it was just happened to be nearby (yeah right and rolf harris was innocent) the laws as bent as a nine bob note no wonder people have no faith in the police any more its just a cash making business like any other.
mind you £800 for couple of hours work isnt a bad pay day is it officer
mind how you go sir....