Will President Trump run for a second term?

Discuss the latest political news.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

No doubt about it. The democrats appear very lame, but I think there's more to it than just ineptitude on the part of the DNC as well as other democratic players. There are two pieces I've recently read that fit perfectly into this confusing chain of events. There just doesn't seem to be any logical sense to any of this garbage, unless the contents of these two articles are relevant.

First, there's little to no daylight between establishment democrats and Trump, who is as neoliberal as Pelosi/Shummer, it's simply a matter of style. In fact, the entire neoliberal cadre will vote Trump over Sanders. The same might be said for Warren or Gabbard

Following the electoral fiasco of 2016, the DNC defended itself in court by arguing that it has no obligation to provide a fair and open primary. In fact, the DNC ran a disinformation campaign against Bernie Sanders, used Superdelegates to overturn primary results, miscounted and misplaced ballots in crucial state primaries and violated its own charter in the allocation of funds to the candidates. In other words, they stole the primary election.Then there are the US intelligence agencies, also vastly neoliberal, that want less of a maverick type like Trump and prefer an establishment type like Pence, or better yet, Pelosi as president. I suspect this is why Grandma Nancy hasn't retired and was chosen by elites to be Speaker.

Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump and impeachment, it is the political establishment that is trying to bring him down. That the ‘whistleblower’ is a CIA officer who has since returned to active duty at the agency isn’t lost on Mr. Trump’s supporters. As much as the NPR tote bag set believes that it is the fount of wisdom and truth, they, along with the CIA, inflicted three years of the cynical farce of Russiagate on us and came up empty handed.

The CIA was the central protagonist in Russiagate. The origins of the New Cold War are found in Bill Clinton’s first term, when administration neo-cons looted, plundered and moved NATO against a prostrate Russia in contradiction to explicit guarantees not to do so made by the George H.W. Bush administration. Vladimir Putin’s apparent crime was to oust the Clintonites from Russia and restore Russian sovereignty. https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/04 ... y-the-cia/

Second, there's this in play that must be influencing lots of behavior.

Since the apparent death by suicide of Jeffrey Epstein in a Manhattan prison, much has come to light about his depraved activities and methods used to sexually abuse underage girls and entrap the rich and powerful for the purposes of blackmail. Epstein’s ties to intelligence, described in-depth in a recent MintPress investigative series, have continued to receive minimal mainstream media coverage, which has essentially moved on from the Epstein scandal despite the fact that his many co-conspirators remain on the loose.

For those who have examined Epstein’s ties to intelligence, there are clear links to both U.S. intelligence and Israeli intelligence, leaving it somewhat open to debate as to which country’s intelligence apparatus was closest to Epstein and most involved in his blackmail/sex-trafficking activities. A recent interview given by a former high-ranking official in Israeli military intelligence has claimed that Epstein’s sexual blackmail enterprise was an Israel intelligence operation run for the purpose of entrapping powerful individuals and politicians in the United States and abroad. https://www.mintpressnews.com/ari-ben-m ... ce/262162/

What this all reveals is that intelligence agencies have way too much power. Donald Trump, quite by accident due to the colossal era made by James Comey during the very beginning of Trump's time in office, when Comey thought he'd put Trump on notice that the intelligence agencies had lots of dirt on him, so he'd better cooperate. Trump, after a time of confusion as to what was happening, decided to go with his instincts and just disrupt the establishment. And, so he did.

Trump is by no means a person of the people, he's an elitist rich guy (or so he pretends to be, perhaps) that is out for only himself. That is proven in so many ways, but no more so than his turning his back on Julian Assange.

While on one hand, I enjoy what I'm seeing in taking on the intelligence apparatus, I am however in horror when I see what this man is doing to this country domestically. Employment is up for the time being, and that's about all most of his supporters care about, but at the cost of so much in the way of civil liberties, environmental concerns, complete disrespect for the office of the presidency, childish name-calling and bullying. There just aren't enough reasons to allow this imbecile to remain as president

I would prefer he was voted out of office, but he broke the law due to his childishness behavior, and he deserves to be impeached. If the Senate doesn't expel him, so be it.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1524607 wrote: Oh my word, Mr Trudeau, you'll start a war if you're not a bit more discreet.

That really has to win a photo-journalism award.

I bet Trump likes to watch.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1525994 wrote: No doubt about it. The democrats appear very lame, but I think there's more to it than just ineptitude on the part of the DNC as well as other democratic players. There are two pieces I've recently read that fit perfectly into this confusing chain of events. There just doesn't seem to be any logical sense to any of this garbage, unless the contents of these two articles are relevant.

First, there's little to no daylight between establishment democrats and Trump, who is as neoliberal as Pelosi/Shummer, it's simply a matter of style. In fact, the entire neoliberal cadre will vote Trump over Sanders. The same might be said for Warren or Gabbard

Then there are the US intelligence agencies, also vastly neoliberal, that want less of a maverick type like Trump and prefer an establishment type like Pence, or better yet, Pelosi as president. I suspect this is why Grandma Nancy hasn't retired and was chosen by elites to be Speaker.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/04 ... y-the-cia/

https://www.mintpressnews.com/ari-ben-m ... ce/262162/

What this all reveals is that intelligence agencies have way too much power. Donald Trump, quite by accident due to the colossal era made by James Comey during the very beginning of Trump's time in office, when Comey thought he'd put Trump on notice that the intelligence agencies had lots of dirt on him, so he'd better cooperate. Trump, after a time of confusion as to what was happening, decided to go with his instincts and just disrupt the establishment. And, so he did.

Trump is by no means a person of the people, he's an elitist rich guy (or so he pretends to be, perhaps) that is out for only himself. That is proven in so many ways, but no more so than his turning his back on Julian Assange.

While on one hand, I enjoy what I'm seeing in taking on the intelligence apparatus, I am however in horror when I see what this man is doing to this country domestically. Employment is up for the time being, and that's about all most of his supporters care about, but at the cost of so much in the way of civil liberties, environmental concerns, complete disrespect for the office of the presidency, childish name-calling and bullying. There just aren't enough reasons to allow this imbecile to remain as president

I would prefer he was voted out of office, but he broke the law due to his childishness behavior, and he deserves to be impeached. If the Senate doesn't expel him, so be it.

I believe that you give the man and his cronies far too much credit.

While the job numbers seem good, the pay scale is horrible. Many of those jobs are unskilled part-time work. I know a number of people stuck working two or three part-time jobs at sub-minimum wage, with no benefits, just trying to keep up with rent and groceries. Meanwhile the skilled labor marketplace is sorely missing qualified candidates.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1525999 wrote: While the job numbers seem good, the pay scale is horrible. Many of those jobs are unskilled part-time work. I know a number of people stuck working two or three part-time jobs at sub-minimum wage, with no benefits, just trying to keep up with rent and groceries. Meanwhile the skilled labor marketplace is sorely missing qualified candidates.

That is certainly mirrored in the UK. We have concepts like the zero-hour contract where you're called in for shifts when there's work, pay for your own training before employment starts, pay for your own equipment, find a replacement worker if you're off sick or risk a penalty clause, none of it was dreamt of when I started out.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1526000 wrote: That is certainly mirrored in the UK. We have concepts like the zero-hour contract where you're called in for shifts when there's work, pay for your own training before employment starts, pay for your own equipment, find a replacement worker if you're off sick or risk a penalty clause, none of it was dreamt of when I started out.

I don't know if anything like that exists in the US, but that's nuts.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1525999 wrote: I believe that you give the man and his cronies far too much credit.

While the job numbers seem good, the pay scale is horrible. Many of those jobs are unskilled part-time work. I know a number of people stuck working two or three part-time jobs at sub-minimum wage, with no benefits, just trying to keep up with rent and groceries. Meanwhile the skilled labor marketplace is sorely missing qualified candidates.

I agree! So much of the attitude toward the economy is purely emotional. The policies themselves don't really have much in a substantial way, only that it's a new policy that excites the peasants. Such is the rollercoaster ride of an economy based on the concept of slavery. And it's funny how conditioned we are to accept that fact.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1526000 wrote: That is certainly mirrored in the UK. We have concepts like the zero-hour contract where you're called in for shifts when there's work, pay for your own training before employment starts, pay for your own equipment, find a replacement worker if you're off sick or risk a penalty clause, none of it was dreamt of when I started out.

Ahso!;1526002 wrote: I don't know if anything like that exists in the US, but that's nuts.

There are temp services that have done something similar to that. Manpower, for example.

My first job was with Manpower in South Florida, working a scullery at a US Coast Guard installation in the Bahamas. I had to prove that I was qualified to operate the dish-washing equipment before I was accepted go to work. So I took on similar job at the local Truck stop long enough to prove that I had the "skill"
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Lawks. They had dishwashers that long ago?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1525994 wrote: No doubt about it. The democrats appear very lame, but I think there's more to it than just ineptitude on the part of the DNC as well as other democratic players. There are two pieces I've recently read that fit perfectly into this confusing chain of events. There just doesn't seem to be any logical sense to any of this garbage, unless the contents of these two articles are relevant.

Then there are the US intelligence agencies, also vastly neoliberal, that want less of a maverick type like Trump and prefer an establishment type like Pence, or better yet, Pelosi as president. I suspect this is why Grandma Nancy hasn't retired and was chosen by elites to be Speaker.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/04 ... y-the-cia/

https://www.mintpressnews.com/ari-ben-m ... ce/262162/

I forgot to mention that both sites I linked to are very progressive.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Ahso!;1525996 wrote: I bet Trump likes to watch.

Well...we know "Spanky" is kinky...at least with prostitutes. Which reminds me, how can religious hyper-conservative Christians be supporting a guy who is an adulterer and sleeps with prostitutes?!
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Latest poll evidence suggests that the only question now worth sensible discussion is the scale of his 2020 victory .

As at now , he is likely to have an electoral college vote of at least 350 and control of both the House and Senate .

When Horowitz as IG issues his report there is a real likelihood that we might move into fresh territory with a resultant number of arrests and 'names' put to the sword -- metaphorically if not literally .

The only real possible but unlikely opposition to Trump that I can see is Gabbard .

Biden is physically and mentally a liability and probably a soon- to - be drop - out , if only because of his corruption record -- China and Ukraine being the obvious two pressing current matters .

Dear Bernie is fated to at best be a runner- up in anything and everything and is an old man with health problems .

Fauxcahontas is understandably now being turned on by all and sundry and the only path Mrs Clinton will follow is the one that leads to the once styled Mad House .Though her brain tumour might get her first . And when was she last photographed standing ?Just saying .

Others are bit players simply making up numbers to fill up a stage for the early posturing .

The only way to stop Trump is to assassinate him -- but he is fully aware of that and has so far easily resisted the several attempts to inflict a 'JFK' on him . However , with the absurd impeachment efforts doomed to ridicule and failure , I suspect a one shot attempt to stop him will occur .The opposition cupboard is suddenly totally bare if the economy can be propped up for another 12 months .

The Communist -- DNC-- party might as well resort to the last chance saloon since it faces likely obliteration at this point in the coup .

IMHO
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Saint_;1526206 wrote: Well...we know "Spanky" is kinky...at least with prostitutes. Which reminds me, how can religious hyper-conservative Christians be supporting a guy who is an adulterer and sleeps with prostitutes?!

You misunderstood . The reference was to the Arkansas Billy Goat . His advanced Parkinsons means he can no longer rise to any occasion . However , being married to the Devil's daughter might have played a large part in this .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526345 wrote: Latest poll evidence suggests that the only question now worth sensible discussion is the scale of his 2020 victory .

As at now , he is likely to have an electoral college vote of at least 350 and control of both the House and Senate .

When Horowitz as IG issues his report there is a real likelihood that we might move into fresh territory with a resultant number of arrests and 'names' put to the sword -- metaphorically if not literally .

The only real possible but unlikely opposition to Trump that I can see is Gabbard .

Biden is physically and mentally a liability and probably a soon- to - be drop - out , if only because of his corruption record -- China and Ukraine being the obvious two pressing current matters .

Dear Bernie is fated to at best be a runner- up in anything and everything and is an old man with health problems .

Fauxcahontas is understandably now being turned on by all and sundry and the only path Mrs Clinton will follow is the one that leads to the once styled Mad House .Though her brain tumour might get her first . And when was she last photographed standing ?Just saying .

Others are bit players simply making up numbers to fill up a stage for the early posturing .

The only way to stop Trump is to assassinate him -- but he is fully aware of that and has so far easily resisted the several attempts to inflict a 'JFK' on him . However , with the absurd impeachment efforts doomed to ridicule and failure , I suspect a one shot attempt to stop him will occur .The opposition cupboard is suddenly totally bare if the economy can be propped up for another 12 months .

The Communist -- DNC-- party might as well resort to the last chance saloon since it faces likely obliteration at this point in the coup .

IMHO

Хороший пост там, Бубба.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Good to see The Donald's approval rating riding at a record level .See Rasmussen .

And the decent polls suggest he would have an electoral college figure above 350 if the election was right now .

I shudder in a frisson of excitement to think how high his approval will rise to once Horowitz and Durham release their respective findings .

We could even see the possibility of the impeachment of Obama ( or Barry Soetoro and his husband , Michael , as I prefer ). Small wonder that Obama pleaded with Trudeau for Canadian citizenship as one way to avoid extradition , if required .

Exciting times coming our way .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526429 wrote: Good to see The Donald's approval rating riding at a record level .See Rasmussen .

And the decent polls suggest he would have an electoral college figure above 350 if the election was right now .

I shudder in a frisson of excitement to think how high his approval will rise to once Horowitz and Durham release their respective findings .

We could even see the possibility of the impeachment of Obama ( or Barry Soetoro and his husband , Michael , as I prefer ). Small wonder that Obama pleaded with Trudeau for Canadian citizenship as one way to avoid extradition , if required .

Exciting times coming our way .

Might I ask why you have such a keen interest in American politics, and Trump in particular?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

Ahso!;1526443 wrote: Might I ask why you have such a keen interest in American politics, and Trump in particular?

We Europeans can go decades with no political news to speak of, I think the last event of note on this continent was the reunification of Germany. American politics, and Trump in particular, offer pain-free excitement to our flaccid existence.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1526445 wrote: We Europeans can go decades with no political news to speak of, I think the last event of note on this continent was the reunification of Germany. American politics, and Trump in particular, offer pain-free excitement to our flaccid existence.

Well we have been happy to provide such entertainment.

Though for us it has been an annoying distraction from the Brexit thing.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1526456 wrote: Well we have been happy to provide such entertainment.

Though for us it has been an annoying distraction from the Brexit thing.

Touché :-)
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Some might choose to believe that we are spectating the end of an Empire .

Some believe there is a group -- which Trump fronts --- which wants to re- structure the so called Deep State and curb many of the excesses that have flourished so much more over the past 70 years ( say ) . The Drug trade and Trafficking being the key strategic revenue and corruption areas to crash and smash .

Civil war has been fought behind the scenes for at least the last two years , and now there is a very real chance this will spill onto the streets resulting in chaos with huge destruction .

Such a scenario , or even one just hinting at such possibilities , is more than sufficient to drive any intelligent individual to want to watch the fight of the Century and possibly the greatest fight for several centuries .

For the first time in modern history the Sheeple class can have a real opportunity to shape the future for the good .Not just in America , which is probably too late to save thanks to 50 years of Communist infiltration , but across great swathes of the rest of the planet .

Seems there are several good reasons to want and to need to find out exactly what is happening and how matters are progressing .

Some believe we are in round seven ( say ) of a 12 round fight and that the Trump faction are way ahead on points so far .

Which makes the rumours of a $100 million contract on his life seem most interesting . Particularly as the contract was raised 3 months ago and , despite two largely MSM unreported incidents , has so far not been fulfilled -- obviously . Unless you move into the clone type 'conspiracy ' stories . Like Obama was executed at Gitmo 10 days ago etc , which some strange people touchingly believe .

But then we will never know the end result until after the single shot has been fired or the drone fires its missile .A DE weapon is my guess . From China ?

It's all a hundred times better than Brexiit and it even shades that fabulous series , Line Of Duty . Anyway , who exactly is P ?

All imho .
spot

Post by spot »

I wonder whether we could try predicting when Roger Stone will get a Presidential pardon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51580160
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot;1530672 wrote: I wonder whether we could try predicting when Roger Stone will get a Presidential pardon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51580160

I hope Trump quickly pardons Stone. It should make for some jolly good entertainment.:-6
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog;1530676 wrote: I hope Trump quickly pardons Stone. It should make for some jolly good entertainment.:-6

But surely this might polarize popular opinion.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Current odds are 6-4 for a pardon before the end of term.

I expected them to b much higher
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot;1530682 wrote: but surely this might polarize popular opinion.

Really?

POLARIZE
spot

Post by spot »

We appear to be at the dawn of a new format White House press briefing after a long interlude.

The new format consists of the President, flanked by stony-faced high-ranked apparatchiks, making an announcement. A coronavirus death in Washington State, if I heard right, prompting bans on all foreigners entering the Homeland if they've visited enemy territory recently - I'm sure that ban will widen over the coming months - and, naturally, all Iranians.

Then the stony-faced high-ranked apparatchiks all take a turn, each passing the baton, starting with the VP. What the Pentagon chappie was going to say didn't get as far as the news channel but my word he was weighed down with a lot of gold braid. I expect he'd at least ordered someone shot in Grenada given the rows of ribbon on display.

The way it will go is pretty clear, and President Trump must be as gleeful as Boy George chortling over his trifecta on live TV. Mexico will get a thousand cases of Covid-19 and the President is going to demand his wall again. Immediate, now, no dissent, America must wear a full-length condom to keep out those diseased Hispanics with their filthy viruses. The likelihood of extreme domestic emergency legislation is also in the air.

I think someone should build him a life-size Lenin Mausoleum in front of the Capitol just so they can all stand on it for these events, those department heads all had an identical power-hungry look about them to the ones behind Nikita.
spot

Post by spot »

If I may, I’ll post all you need to know of the Oval Office address.

My fellow Americans … coronavirus outbreak that started in China … marshaling the full power of the federal government and the private sector … the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history … we will ultimately and expeditiously defeat this virus … Our team is the best anywhere in the world … sweeping travel restrictions on China … we've seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe … large number of new clusters in the United States were seeded by travelers from Europe … these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing … waive all co-payments for coronavirus treatments … anti-viral therapies available in record time … vast majority of Americans, the risk is very, very low … action today will prevent the spread of the virus tomorrow … life-saving move with early action on China. Now we must take the same action with Europe. We will not delay. I will never hesitate to take any necessary steps to protect the lives, health and safety of the American people. I will always put the well being of America first. If we are vigilant, and we can reduce the chance of infection, which we will, we will significantly impede the transmission of the virus. The virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States. We have the best economy, the most advanced health care, and the most talented doctors, scientists and researchers anywhere in the world. We are all in this together.

We are all in this together so long as we’re not foreigners, by the sound of it.

Would someone please impeach Mike Pence before this fruitloop gets led away to the happy farm clutching a dribble-cup.

"The virus will not have a chance against us"?

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing".

Please, America, put an upper age limit of fifty or so on first-time Presidential candidates in future. You need protecting from this sort of mortifying debacle.

Donald Trump is old enough, and looks it, to be Boris Johnson's father, and acts it.
spot

Post by spot »

The trouble with the Trump bozo base is that it's not small, it's not mythical and it's not going to go away whether you retain the Trump presidency or you don't. These people exist, they're pugnacious, they love gloating and they're not going to just go home and stop doing it.

And they have a vote.

A mass refusal to vote for whoever the MAGA bozos are supporting would be a sensible way forward for the whole of the rest of America.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I was watching the endorsement of Biden by Obama the other day. Biden would have to be the most unenthusiastic runner I've ever seen. He positively looked depressed.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1532217 wrote: I was watching the endorsement of Biden by Obama the other day. Biden would have to be the most unenthusiastic runner I've ever seen. He positively looked depressed.

Biden is the master of understatement in today's political world.

Besides, His lack of enthusiasm probably is in part because he knows all too well just what he has set himself up for if he wins.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

LarsMac;1532221 wrote: Biden is the master of understatement in today's political world.

Besides, His lack of enthusiasm probably is in part because he knows all too well just what he has set himself up for if he wins.

That was my guess.

But to the original question "Will President Trump run for a second term?"

1. Do you think they'll let him? Votes and power is one thing but is the republican party that bereft of morals?

2 After that injecting disenfectant statement that was apparently sarcasm (so I looked a the footage) but it wasn't. That was a man prattling on about something in his own head. I think we've all been on this forum long enough to know sarcasm when we see it. And the fact he won't be engaging with reporters anymore because in his mind they make him look bad. Something tells me his own party has told him to shut the eff up.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

I don't think he has a party as such. He has a stack of advisers personally committed to him. The Republican Party are observers more than participants. They have to run him if he wants to run, or they'd definitely lose when he complains to his base that he's been betrayed. The President holds the cards, he gets to play them the way he sees it.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Oh, that is a man who plays "betrayed" very well.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I honestly thought Dubya was one of the stupidest men on the planet but Trump has changed my mind.

I don't know what got under his skin today but he was tweeting about fake news, the Russian hoax that everyone knows was concocted by the dems and how the fake media should give back their "noble prize" which I thought had to have come from a parody account but nope, that was written by the President of the United States.

Joe Biden wasn't my first, second or fifth choice but he's still the best option against this raving imbecile.
spot

Post by spot »

People have forgotten how to be kind, Snooze. Just be thankful you're not married to him.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I'm thankful I'm not married to anyone.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

lol That was funny I read your comment spot then looked at Snooz's cat pic. Sort of a look of surprized disgust . lol

goes together very well
spot

Post by spot »

Do we all remember the Oval Office address to the nation, forty five days ago?

Let's recall the words.

We will not delay. I will never hesitate to take any necessary steps to protect the lives, health and safety of the American people. I will always put the well being of America first. If we are vigilant, and we can reduce the chance of infection, which we will, we will significantly impede the transmission of the virus. The virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States. We have the best economy, the most advanced health care, and the most talented doctors, scientists and researchers anywhere in the world. We are all in this together.

I might put it up again in another forty five days too, after all the relaxing of lockdowns has unimpeded the transmission rate again.

The virus will not have a chance against us.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot;1532430 wrote: I don't think he has a party as such. He has a stack of advisers personally committed to him. The Republican Party are observers more than participants. They have to run him if he wants to run, or they'd definitely lose when he complains to his base that he's been betrayed. The President holds the cards, he gets to play them the way he sees it.

From what I read in Fear: Trump in the White House

by Bob Woodward

That boy doesn't listen to anybody. Everybody is his servant.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm pleased to see you well, tude.

We have political advisers in London. They all swear like squaddies on a night out.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1532429 wrote:

But to the original question "Will President Trump run for a second term?"

1. Do you think they'll let him? Votes and power is one thing but is the republican party that bereft of morals?

2. Something tells me his own party has told him to shut the eff up.

1. Yes. Yes again.

2. No. The party is/are Republipussies. They are all afraid of him. The only person who might have told him that he would listen to is Jared. He can't fire Jared. Only Ivanka can and she won't.

Love from the Epicenter,

AB
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1532456 wrote: 1. Yes. Yes again.

2. No. The party is/are Republipussies. They are all afraid of him. The only person who might have told him that he would listen to is Jared. He can't fire Jared. Only Ivanka can and she won't.

Love from the Epicenter,

AB

Yay, we’ve been worried about you - how are you keeping?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1532458 wrote: Yay, we’ve been worried about you - how are you keeping?
I temporarily got my sanity back -- saw my grandson, who will be 2 in May, yesterday for the first time in many weeks. I was promised more visits so I may be able to maintain it. He's all I care about (besides his dad), and, truth be told, life ain't worth living without him.

I'm pretty sure, and this has been verified by three docs by phone, but not yet by any test, that I had it mid-February. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Hope you all here are well.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1532462 wrote: I temporarily got my sanity back -- saw my grandson, who will be 2 in May, yesterday for the first time in many weeks. I was promised more visits so I may be able to maintain it. He's all I care about (besides his dad), and, truth be told, life ain't worth living without him.

I'm pretty sure, and this has been verified by three docs by phone, but not yet by any test, that I had it mid-February. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Hope you all here are well.

I hope your symptoms were of the mild kind and you didn’t suffer too much or for too long.

We have not been allowed to see our youngest great granddaughter (seven months but lives a hundred miles away) since the lockdown started and although we’ve seen our youngest grandson (five months and lives a hundred yards away) most days we cannot have cuddles and that hurts.

If you’re being allowed visits then I assume that lockdown is being lightened and things are getting better?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1532463 wrote:

If you’re being allowed visits then I assume that lockdown is being lightened and things are getting better?

There is no mandatory lock down. It's advice most are following, it's not the law. We were told a week ago we must wear masks if outside and less than six feet from another person, not for one's own protection, but others. We must wear masks if using public transportation. Unless, you're homeless and take over the subway, but that's a different story. If cops see a gathering of more than a few souls they will break it up, but no fines, no arrests.

My DIL was the one who issued the lock down. I'm not allowed to go to them, my son, who has already visited me several times this past Sunday brought his son with him. We were ecstatic to see each other. We had been seeing each other every day on FaceTime for a generous visit of about 45 minutes.

I'm convinced it was DIL who first got C19 in early February or late January. She's an eye doctor, so works face to face with her patients. Her office, her store, is at one of the crossroads of the universe. I won't mention where for privacy reasons, but everyone from everywhere passes her by. She was quite ill, took off several days from work, which she never does. Took flu test, was negative. Several days after the test was struck with severe chest pain and it was pneumonia. Then my son, only he did not have pneumonia. He also took off work, which he never does. Also tested for flu and it was not. Then me. My symptoms were headache, which is rare for me, cough of a barking kind, upper chest congestion. Although these symptoms seem common, they were of such an unusual nature that I commented on it to others, journaled about it. Felt different than anything I ever experienced. Did not go to doctor, too sick to go. Cancelled seeing my grandson, wasn't well enough. The first time that ever happened. No medical professional mentioned C19, no one thought of it at all at the time. Seemed to last, for all of us, about 10 days. Whatever it was, & I believe it was. A test will come our way eventually.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1532479 wrote: There is no mandatory lock down. It's advice most are following, it's not the law. We were told a week ago we must wear masks if outside and less than six feet from another person, not for one's own protection, but others. We must wear masks if using public transportation. Unless, you're homeless and take over the subway, but that's a different story. If cops see a gathering of more than a few souls they will break it up, but no fines, no arrests.

My DIL was the one who issued the lock down. I'm not allowed to go to them, my son, who has already visited me several times this past Sunday brought his son with him. We were ecstatic to see each other. We had been seeing each other every day on FaceTime for a generous visit of about 45 minutes.

I'm convinced it was DIL who first got C19 in early February or late January. She's an eye doctor, so works face to face with her patients. Her office, her store, is at one of the crossroads of the universe. I won't mention where for privacy reasons, but everyone from everywhere passes her by. She was quite ill, took off several days from work, which she never does. Took flu test, was negative. Several days after the test was struck with severe chest pain and it was pneumonia. Then my son, only he did not have pneumonia. He also took off work, which he never does. Also tested for flu and it was not. Then me. My symptoms were headache, which is rare for me, cough of a barking kind, upper chest congestion. Although these symptoms seem common, they were of such an unusual nature that I commented on it to others, journaled about it. Felt different than anything I ever experienced. Did not go to doctor, too sick to go. Cancelled seeing my grandson, wasn't well enough. The first time that ever happened. No medical professional mentioned C19, no one thought of it at all at the time. Seemed to last, for all of us, about 10 days. Whatever it was, & I believe it was. A test will come our way eventually.

That sounds frightening but, on the bright side, all three of you are through it and should have some degree of immunity for at least a little while.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1532481 wrote: That sounds frightening but, on the bright side, all three of you are through it and should have some degree of immunity for at least a little while.

My DIL is a nervous wreck, as is her mother. I find that attitude prevalent in many people and truthfully, it annoys the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Btw, I rode a bus today. I walked to the beach, stayed a bit, was tired to walk home so took the bus. I won't be doing that for awhile. The first third of the bus was cordoned off for the safety of the driver, so the buses are free, as the payment slot is next to the driver. The rest of the bus was mobbed. Even though everyone was masked with our silly, ineffective ones, we were sardines in a can. The last time I used public transportation, almost 2 months ago now, I used the subway which was empty during "rush" hour. Obviously, people want their lives back.

If the beaches are closed this summer, it will get ugly. As it is, public pools will be closed. Our mayor is a corrupt moron, the left wing version of Trump.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1532487 wrote: My DIL is a nervous wreck, as is her mother. I find that attitude prevalent in many people and truthfully, it annoys the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Btw, I rode a bus today. I walked to the beach, stayed a bit, was tired to walk home so took the bus. I won't be doing that for awhile. The first third of the bus was cordoned off for the safety of the driver, so the buses are free, as the payment slot is next to the driver. The rest of the bus was mobbed. Even though everyone was masked with our silly, ineffective ones, we were sardines in a can. The last time I used public transportation, almost 2 months ago now, I used the subway which was empty during "rush" hour. Obviously, people want their lives back.

If the beaches are closed this summer, it will get ugly. As it is, public pools will be closed. Our mayor is a corrupt moron, the left wing version of Trump.

What help will being a paranoid nervous wreck be to you or anyone else? It is more likely to make you ill than taking normal precautions and living your life around them.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1532487 wrote: My DIL is a nervous wreck, as is her mother. I find that attitude prevalent in many people and truthfully, it annoys the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Wow. Not sure I'd have the nerve for a bus ride, just yet.

I had to make a trip to Home Depot the other day. When I got back to my car, I had to sit for a while and chill before driving home. Then did the whole disinfectant thing before going inside.

I try to do all home deliveries.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Post by spot »

The after-effects of the bleach treatment advice is still rippling through casualty wards around the world.
Belgium’s Poison Control Centre has recorded an increase of 15% in the number of calls it receives since the COVID-19 outbreak in mid-March, as people have increasingly started experimenting with hazardous substances.

“The consequences of the coronavirus crisis are making themselves known, according to our figures. Compared to the same period last year (April 2019) almost eight hundred more calls were handled,” said Patrick De Cock, communication coordinator of Belgium Poison Control Centre, in a statement.

“An increase of no less than 15%. Such a sharp increase has never been measured before,” De Cock added, which translates in up to 1,000 more calls per month than in the same period last year.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/health ... -19-fears/
spot

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Post by spot »

Another vote-winner is coming to the boil...
The first executions to be carried out by the US federal government since 2003 can proceed after the US Supreme Court declined to rule on an appeal.

In turning away the case, the top court lets stand a lower panel ruling allowing the executions to take place in July and August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-can ... ting-story

Return to “Current Political Events”