murphys' law.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

So..... i think weve es

`````tablished over the many years that if its going to happen to anyone its most likely going to happen to me.

Im supposed to be sitting in a classroom this week doing a course.

Instead im sitting in a hospital after just having my appendix out and a repair to a hernia i didnt know i had.

I guess thats just life i suppose.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

murphys' law.

Post by gmc »

Sorry to hear you are ill.
Bruv

murphys' law.

Post by Bruv »

Or.......if it wasn't for bad luck.....you wouldn't have any ?

Just take it easy.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

murphys' law.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Get Well Soon!! So sorry to see this.
ZAP

murphys' law.

Post by ZAP »

Ouch! That was sudden. I hope you heal quickly.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

I beginning to believe the gods just dont want me to do this course.

First its the only one i could get and it landed in the middle of hatching season. Then its only held in melbourne.

I dunno ii think im just a bit cursed.

But on the bright side ive met a lithuanian, a macedonian and a bulgarian.......i reckon a couple more days here and i should have all of eastern europe covered. :wah:

Ahh waddiya do. :)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1501532 wrote: Or.......if it wasn't for bad luck.....you wouldn't have any ?

Just take it easy.

Very true bruvvy boy, very true.

Thanks guys for the well wishes....but im fine. I was up and walking around a couple of hours afterwards.

Was interesting though. They used the hernia hole to get to the appendix so no second incision and then fixed the hernia. Two ops for the price of one so to speak.
cars

murphys' law.

Post by cars »

Hope your pain is lite, and your recovery is speedy!
Cars :)
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Maybe i should have called this thread "my time in hospital and other animals"

Yes im still here. And im not complaining. Another surgery on its way this week. And why not,, may as well get everything that needs to be done out of the way and then i wont have to return later on.

So far the stay has been an exciting journey.

Lets call him "handyman" shall we? And another reason why males and females shouldnt share wards. Well, he was pretty handy .....4 times in fact, well i only knew of four....apparently it was six. But the thing that got him moved was he lit a smoke......that one he couldnt deny.

He's gone now

To a better place.

Maybe to the deepest bowels of the building to be with his own kind. It obviously didnt twig with staff his mental alertness untilhe expressed the reasoning around why ninjas broke his hand and foot ?.........

And then there's Shultz the nurse who whenever hes asked a question he "knows nuffting"

Then theres the very elderly lady who shocked me by saying she put a hundred dollars on the bulldogs to win the grandfinal today.

She didnt have a tele, so i set her up on my side of the room to watch the footy game.

Spose she'll be picking up the new special chair for her lounge room when shes out of here next week.

Well, thats todays installment of "megsys most ex ill ent adventure"
Bryn Mawr

murphys' law.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame;1501530 wrote: So..... i think weve es

`````tablished over the many years that if its going to happen to anyone its most likely going to happen to me.

Im supposed to be sitting in a classroom this week doing a course.

Instead im sitting in a hospital after just having my appendix out and a repair to a hernia i didnt know i had.

I guess thats just life i suppose.

Ouch - I remember having my appendix done and it was very ouch.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Actually Bryn i feel nothing at the site or incision area. Must be the work experience kids' week off.

The onset was pretty quick and painful though.

Granted, because id had a perferated bowel in the past i waited around for a bit for the investagative stuff.

This morning i met a young man in the non smokers garden :sneaky: .......originally from Bhutan. He's been here six years. We had an amazing conversation.

See? Ill never have to travel the world again. I only have to travel to the westen suburbs of melb.
cars

murphys' law.

Post by cars »

magentaflame;1501600 wrote: Actually Bryn i feel nothing at the site or incision area. Must be the work experience kids' week off.

The onset was pretty quick and painful though.

Granted, because id had a perferated bowel in the past i waited around for a bit for the investagative stuff.

This morning i met a young man in the non smokers garden :sneaky: .......originally from Bhutan. He's been here six years. We had an amazing conversation.

See? Ill never have to travel the world again. I only have to travel to the westen suburbs of melb.

Six years, I sure hope he works there and is not a patient! :-3 :-2 :wah: Glad to hear you are not in much pain.

(PS: I'm on another computer now, so "reply function" works )
Cars :)
Saint_

murphys' law.

Post by Saint_ »

Murphy's Law, or as I call it, "One of THOSE days!" I really hate 'em. Sorry to hear about your illness, Magenta.

I had a day like that myself the other day. Not nearly to the scale of yours, though. I went to school to grade some papers and when I got there, I found that the flash drive I had stuffed in my pocket was mysteriously missing from the lanyard it was attached to. Apparently, it had snagged something and had fallen off. I spent over an hour searching for it before finally finding it in my garage.

After work, I went to return some movies, but the car had difficulty starting and sent a surge of electricity through the stereo, blowing the CD player. It won't read CDs anymore. Thoroughly aggravated, I went to the movie rental store, only to find the parking lot jammed. I finally found an open spot....and you guessed it, backed into a small pole that was in my blind spot, creasing the bumper.

I despise "those days."
Saint_

murphys' law.

Post by Saint_ »

Note to self: NEVER say "Well, it couldn't get any worse" on one of those days.:lips:
G#Gill

murphys' law.

Post by G#Gill »

Hey MF ! Flippin eck, what do they say - it never rains but it pours ! But I suppose it is not a bad idea to do all the different things basically at much the same time and get it over with at one visit ! So long as you and your poor body can take the strain (sounds like a tug-of-war contest !). I do hope you aren't suffering too much discomfort and pain, and I've got everything (yes including my eyes) crossed that you will make a speedy recovery. Take care :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
minks

murphys' law.

Post by minks »

Good you still have your sense of humor, and the internet so you can keep us all up to date.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Take it slow and keep your chin up.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Another surgery in just under two weeks time.

Its like going to a mechanics for one problem thats obvious and they find half a dozen other things wrong.

But im not complaining after the next op ill have my figure back.

When i was told i was happy, but you know when youre looking forward to getting your figure back but you also know from previous ops ....ITS GUNNA HURT LIKE HELL......

But as i said this is a good thing and once the repair is done ill be able to exercise properly and go back to diing all the things i used to do.

Oh and i was able to defer my course

I guess in a way this is a lesson to our American friends who dont want Obama care .

Im poor, i cant afford insurance. My care will cost the Australian tax payer probably around $80,000 ......but to put it into perspective , to do nothing would cost my country hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run .

Thats what NHS(for Britain) and Medicare is all about. Its much better to get a person functioning and back to work than allowing them to linger costing the country more.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Saint_;1501647 wrote: Murphy's Law, or as I call it, "One of THOSE days!" I really hate 'em. Sorry to hear about your illness, Magenta.

I had a day like that myself the other day. Not nearly to the scale of yours, though. I went to school to grade some papers and when I got there, I found that the flash drive I had stuffed in my pocket was mysteriously missing from the lanyard it was attached to. Apparently, it had snagged something and had fallen off. I spent over an hour searching for it before finally finding it in my garage.

After work, I went to return some movies, but the car had difficulty starting and sent a surge of electricity through the stereo, blowing the CD player. It won't read CDs anymore. Thoroughly aggravated, I went to the movie rental store, only to find the parking lot jammed. I finally found an open spot....and you guessed it, backed into a small pole that was in my blind spot, creasing the bumper.

I despise "those days."

Oh, it didnt end there.....lol lol....when i return to melbourne and in front of a keyboard ill tell you about the ordeal with my car that left me stranded on my property.......lesson learnt, dont loan your car to your twentyone year old son "super mechanic".........or so he thought .......sigh.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

G#Gill;1501658 wrote: Hey MF ! Flippin eck, what do they say - it never rains but it pours ! But I suppose it is not a bad idea to do all the different things basically at much the same time and get it over with at one visit ! So long as you and your poor body can take the strain (sounds like a tug-of-war contest !). I do hope you aren't suffering too much discomfort and pain, and I've got everything (yes including my eyes) crossed that you will make a speedy recovery. Take care :)

Thankyou, youre very sweet, but im actually feeling very lucky,, and im determined to tell the surgeon to take as much of the yellow stuff out as he likes lol lol.

Funny conversation in the last surgery.

They wheel me in to theatre. Hook me up.

"Tired yet?"

Nope

"Hmmmmm"

"Yet?"

Nope

Concerned...."hmmmm"

Dont worry, its not you i always take a long time .....so how was your weekend?

Obviously had a bad one cause nothing after that . Rude barstard, i was only making conversation.
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Well had the second op last thursday, and still sitting in hospital. Hope to be out tomorrow.

Just between you guys and me? It ****ing hurts!

When im out of here ill tell you about the 'halal' woman in my ward. My god some people!!!!!

So anywhoo i didnt drop off the twig, but for acouple of days i wish i had.
Saint_

murphys' law.

Post by Saint_ »

magentaflame;1502178 wrote: Well had the second op last thursday, and still sitting in hospital. Hope to be out tomorrow.

Just between you guys and me? It ****ing hurts!

Oh! I'm so sorry. I hope you get better soon, do you have good medications? I live with RA and pain can be a real b1tch. It cuts down on you sleep and that just makes everything harder. Hang in there!

When im out of here ill tell you about the 'halal' woman in my ward. My god some people!!!!!

Yeah, I personally try to act polite, quiet, and courteous in a hospital, but I never cease to be amazed at those who either seem to think they are in their home and that outrageous behavior is OK in public, or that are loud and obnoxious when there are many sick people around who are worse off then themselves.

So anywhoo i didnt drop off the twig, but for acouple of days i wish i had.

Hahaha, a very colorful turn of phrase!
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

So in transit (sort of) after coming out of hospital......So I find out I've had both laproscopic and open ventral incisional hernia repair, which I'm going to refer to as my " extreme nip and tuck makeover" ( sounds more impressive.) And no I don't understand how that works. All I know is that I have joined the zipper club for a second time now (isnt there some kind of prize for that or something?)

Oh I and I experienced something I havent before. terrible terrible down in the dumps post surgery mood swing. Twas a bit scary actually. I'm pacing beside my bed balling my eyes out telling the nurses this is the effing last surgery EVER! and I just wanted to die and I'm sick of this ****.......... I've never done that before. It lasted only a half hour and i was straight back to my bubbly incredibly talented humerous self again, cracking jokes with everybody. But it was the deepest sadness and actually quite gut wretching ......... must of had a brain burp?............anyway I'm tired and anyone who's ever had bowel surgery knows about the constant uptake of laxatives. later .
magentaflame

murphys' law.

Post by magentaflame »

Saint_;1502182 wrote: Oh! I'm so sorry. I hope you get better soon, do you have good medications? I live with RA and pain can be a real b1tch. It cuts down on you sleep and that just makes everything harder. Hang in there!

Yeah, I personally try to act polite, quiet, and courteous in a hospital, but I never cease to be amazed at those who either seem to think they are in their home and that outrageous behavior is OK in public, or that are loud and obnoxious when there are many sick people around who are worse off then themselves.

Hahaha, a very colorful turn of phrase!

sorry Saint Ipromise to replay later in the day ....sorry

Return to “General Chit Chat”