And now Trump has a go at us....... Are you kidding me????

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Trump berated Australia PM Turnbull, cut phone call short: Washington Post

So lets me get this straight!Trump berates an Ally over a deal made withthe last president.

You know how you may something about your own mum but if someone else says something you go completely nuts ?

Trump just turned Australia against him.

Oh and by the way It's a bit over a thousand Not "thousands" and it's a swap.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

He reportedly told Mr Turnbull, among other things, that “This is the worst deal ever”, that he was “going to get killed” politically and that Australia was trying to export the “next Boston bombers”.

Having spoken with other world leaders that day, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Mr Trump concluded that his discussion with Mr Turnbull was “the worst by far”.

The Prime Minister’s press conference today was meant to be all about renewable energy but that message was derailed after only two questions.

“Did Donald Trump terminate the phone call on you ... out of anger?” a reporter asked.

Donald Trump phone call with Malcolm Turnbull: ‘Squirmbull’ avoids refugee deal questions
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

You have a Prime Minister who doesn't automatically say Yes Sir let me wipe your shirt when Trumpolini pukes on him.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Love the thread title, I thought he had gone green on us.

He is massaging his ego, tweeting his thoughts for his admiring disciples to fawn over him.

Think we all know some gobby barsteward like him down the pub who says things for effect.......................if only we could ignore the idiot.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

DT disgusts me.
spot

Post by spot »

magentaflame;1506196 wrote: You know how you may something about your own mum but if someone else says something you go completely nuts ?

Trump just turned Australia against him.

There's some Queen tracks that need re-recording. In a properly satirical way, of course.

Trump! King of the impossible!

He's for every one of us

Stand for every one of us

He'll save with a mighty hand

Every man, every woman

Every child, with a mighty Trump!

Emperor Turnbull! Donald Trump on the Red Line for you!

What do you mean? Donald Trump ringing? Open fire! All weapons! Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!

Perhaps the whole film could be remade. Down with the Greater Australian Empire and Malcolm the Merciless.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, we have almost made two complete weeks without anyone declaring war on us. only 24 hours to go for THAT milestone.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1506214 wrote: Well, we have almost made two complete weeks without anyone declaring war on us. only 24 hours to go for THAT milestone.

Thank you. I really needed to see something positive right now. In these times, I'll settle for that.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1506208 wrote: There's some Queen tracks that need re-recording. In a properly satirical way, of course.

Trump! King of the impossible!

He's for every one of us

Stand for every one of us

He'll save with a mighty hand

Every man, every woman

Every child, with a mighty Trump!

Emperor Turnbull! Donald Trump on the Red Line for you!

What do you mean? Donald Trump ringing? Open fire! All weapons! Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!

Perhaps the whole film could be remade. Down with the Greater Australian Empire and Malcolm the Merciless.

Ah flash gordon not something i would have thought would appeal to you. I remember taking my girlfriend at the time who later became my wife to see flesh gordon by mistake can't remember how i talked my way out of it.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1506222 wrote: Ah flash gordon not something i would have thought would appeal to you. I remember taking my girlfriend at the time who later became my wife to see flesh gordon by mistake can't remember how i talked my way out of it.

Did you claim it was a gmc typing error ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

I hesitate to look up Flesh Gordon on Wikipedia, but I think I get the general idea.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1506225 wrote: Did you claim it was a gmc typing error ?

:yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

AnneBoleyn;1506230 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Me too :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bruv that was so norty of you to say that about gmc......................................... but I'm bound to agree :yh_rotfl sorry gmc ma wee haggis. :yh_giggle :yh_wink
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

well Turnbull is off to Yankyland for talks with Trump.....apparently it will be a cordial event.

Oh and apparently America will take the refugees off Manus and Nauru.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1506198 wrote: You have a Prime Minister who doesn't automatically say Yes Sir let me wipe your shirt when Trumpolini pukes on him.

Actually Keating (past Prime minister known for his 'anti suck up to America' style. You know the one, he put his arm around the Queen ) He reckons the worst thing you could do to an American President is bow down and keep bowing.
minks

Post by minks »

DT is a wack job.

He has attacked Canada too. He has dropped a 20% tax onto all lumber exported from Canada to the USA. This is big business for Canada... ugh. Kiss even more Canadian jobs good bye.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

minks;1508684 wrote: DT is a wack job.

He has attacked Canada too. He has dropped a 20% tax onto all lumber exported from Canada to the USA. This is big business for Canada... ugh. Kiss even more Canadian jobs good bye.

Well, he is completely ignorant of the process. We import lumber from Canada, and the lumber we cut gets exported to other countries like Japan. (all this because it is cheaper that way.) And you guys will just pass that 20% back on the price we pay for the stuff. so, we will end up not importing from Canada, because we can use our own lumber instead of exporting it. But then we won't have the revenue stream from Japan, and the whole thing collapses in on itself. You should send salesmen to Japan. they will be looking for lumber pretty soon.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1508686 wrote: Well, he is completely ignorant of the process. We import lumber from Canada, and the lumber we cut gets exported to other countries like Japan. (all this because it is cheaper that way.) And you guys will just pass that 20% back on the price we pay for the stuff. so, we will end up not importing from Canada, because we can use our own lumber instead of exporting it. But then we won't have the revenue stream from Japan, and the whole thing collapses in on itself. You should send salesmen to Japan. they will be looking for lumber pretty soon.

I don't think Trump understands much about business (or much else for that matter).
spot

Post by spot »

I'm sure there was a Clive Cussler preface in which a pristine trunk from Canada was shipped for sacred Shinto purposes to Japan from Canada and got washed off a freighter deck in the Pacific by a freak wave. I forget why, in terms of plot, but presumably the fictional event implies an existing alternative to any existing US route.
gmc

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1508686 wrote: Well, he is completely ignorant of the process. We import lumber from Canada, and the lumber we cut gets exported to other countries like Japan. (all this because it is cheaper that way.) And you guys will just pass that 20% back on the price we pay for the stuff. so, we will end up not importing from Canada, because we can use our own lumber instead of exporting it. But then we won't have the revenue stream from Japan, and the whole thing collapses in on itself. You should send salesmen to Japan. they will be looking for lumber pretty soon.

So what do you do with the canadian timber? I presume the cost of building houses and furniture is about to go up. Maybe the canadians could refuse to sell the US their oil keep it themselves and stop importing the stuff from the middle east.
minks

Post by minks »

home building and furniture yes.

and prices likely will go up if he wants our wood

USA has always wanted our wood.

Canada has always boasted how about how much wood we give the USA. lol

Oh we will give you wood, right up the.... Oh never mind.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1508699 wrote: So what do you do with the canadian timber? I presume the cost of building houses and furniture is about to go up. Maybe the canadians could refuse to sell the US their oil keep it themselves and stop importing the stuff from the middle east.

Canada has little ability to export its oil to anywhere besides the US.

The Keystone Pipeline extension everyone here has been fighting over is intended to allow Canada oil producers to move the crude oil produced in the shale field of Calgary through the US down to the refineries and seaports in the Gulf of Mexico so Canada can sell their petroleum to other markets. Their other option is to pipeline the stuff to Lake Superior, and ship the crude out through the Great Lakes, St Lawrence Seaway into the North Atlantic.

As for lumber, Canada subsidizes its lumber industry, allowing Canadian lumber producers to sell for lower costs. Meaning that US manufacturers will buy from Canadian producers for less than the American producers can afford to sell theirs.

So Trumplestiltskin's solution is to force Canadians to up their costs to sell in the US, rather than, maybe subsidize our own producers to allow them to compete on an even playing field.

Of course much of this will probably be discussed when he tries to screw around with the NAFTA later this year.

Trump needs to study up on international trade, and why it's really a good idea. If all you do is spend your money within your own boarders, then your economy will suffer financial entropy. We could end up like North Korea.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1508702 wrote: Canada has little ability to export its oil to anywhere besides the US.

The Keystone Pipeline extension everyone here has been fighting over is intended to allow Canada oil producers to move the crude oil produced in the shale field of Calgary through the US down to the refineries and seaports in the Gulf of Mexico so Canada can sell their petroleum to other markets. Their other option is to pipeline the stuff to Lake Superior, and ship the crude out through the Great Lakes, St Lawrence Seaway into the North Atlantic.

They also have the option of building a pipeline to sea ports in BC and building refineries there. But those in the path of the pipeline don't want that dirty high sulfur crude going through their lands and polluting their water and those on the coast don't want the air pollution from the high sulfur crude. It is an easier path to go through the US where Congress is already owned by the oil/gas industry.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1508706 wrote: They also have the option of building a pipeline to sea ports in BC and building refineries there. But those in the path of the pipeline don't want that dirty high sulfur crude going through their lands and polluting their water and those on the coast don't want the air pollution from the high sulfur crude. It is an easier path to go through the US where Congress is already owned by the oil/gas industry.

Running those pipelines over (under/through?) the Rockies would be quite the task.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

If it's intended for energy use, burn it where it stands and send it south as electricity. Is there a tariff on cross-border electric transmission like the one on timber?
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1508707 wrote: Running those pipelines over (under/through?) the Rockies would be quite the task.

That's true. Plus, the pipeline would have to go through national and provincial parks and other protected land and there was already a strong negative reaction when it was even mentioned.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Wandrin;1508709 wrote: That's true. Plus, the pipeline would have to go through national and provincial parks and other protected land and there was already a strong negative reaction when it was even mentioned.

Not if Trump has his way and national parks are "given" back to the states to do with as they please. Oil and mining come to mind.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Snooz;1508727 wrote: Not if Trump has his way and national parks are "given" back to the states to do with as they please. Oil and mining come to mind.

It just won't be the same after Yosemite and Yellowstone are sold to Disney and they build the rides and add all the neon.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

They're probably safe but Bears Ears probably isn't.

https://www.visitutah.com/places-to-go/ ... -monument/
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Snooz;1508733 wrote: They're probably safe but Bears Ears probably isn't.

https://www.visitutah.com/places-to-go/ ... -monument/

I'd better put that on my list for a visit soon!

Thanks for the link.

Return to “General Chit Chat”