Karma ?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

A professional big-game hunter was crushed to death by an elephant that had been shot

Karma or what ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Wandrin

Karma ?

Post by Wandrin »

Karma would fit. What do you think the hunter would be reincarnated as?
Ahso!

Karma ?

Post by Ahso! »

What do elephants eat?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Wandrin;1509521 wrote: Karma would fit. What do you think the hunter would be reincarnated as?

A rat ?
LarsMac

Karma ?

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1509523 wrote: What do elephants eat?

Mostly Grass and tree vegetation.

Can one be reincarnated as a twig?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Karma ?

Post by tude dog »

Karma?

The new god?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Karma ?

Post by spot »

tude dog;1509536 wrote: Karma?

The new god?

I think you'll find Karma's a very old god. The ancient Greeks discussed karma a lot.

I would not have wished harm to Theunis Botha. His being crushed to death has left him no time to realize the disgusting nature of his self-chosen occupation, or the disgusting nature of his clients. How's a chap to come to a mature conclusion if he's suddenly dead.

Karma requires reincarnation in order to function. Reincarnation is claptrap. Theunis Botha is dead and he never reformed from his amoral Christian sense of ownership of nature. I'd rather he were still alive and capable of change.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Karma ?

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1509534 wrote: Mostly Grass and tree vegetation.

Can one be reincarnated as a twig?I was thinking more in terms of what they eat, they s**t. Twig is fine with me.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
compopete

Karma ?

Post by compopete »

Karma indeed, it's all around us and within us. This particular dose of karma is simply.. delicious.
spot

Karma ?

Post by spot »

Perhaps people are confusing the concept of karma with that of irony.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Karma ?

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1509547 wrote: Perhaps people are confusing the concept of karma with that of irony.

Delicious irony maybe. But karma is your state of reincarnation. So if he isnt Hindu it doesnt matter. If he's christian then the animal without a soul doesnt count and he's happily sitting in heaven....if he's an athiest who the heck cares? His family will miss him.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Karma has evolved in common parlance........ in the circles in which I move anyway.......to mean comeuppance or reward for past deeds good or bad, loosely based on religious belief.

I like the idea Spot poses that people can reform, see the light or amend their ways to the way he believes is correct........in a single lifetime.
Wandrin

Karma ?

Post by Wandrin »

Bruv;1509559 wrote: Karma has evolved in common parlance........ in the circles in which I move anyway.......to mean comeuppance or reward for past deeds good or bad, loosely based on religious belief.

I like the idea Spot poses that people can reform, see the light or amend their ways to the way he believes is correct........in a single lifetime.

I believe John Lennon called it "Instant Karma" in his song. And yes, that is the current usage outside the Hindu community.
Clodhopper

Karma ?

Post by Clodhopper »

If it is true that all time is eternally Present then there's no reason we should be reincarnated forward rather than backward in time. So a bad life now might mean being reincarnated during the religious wars of the C16th/17th with a dose of plague thrown in for good measure. And bad dentistry.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Clodhopper;1509584 wrote: If it is true that all time is eternally Present

I wouldn't worry about that.
Wandrin

Karma ?

Post by Wandrin »

Bruv;1509525 wrote: A rat ?

My favorite would be a worm that lives in elephant dung and requires it to survive. Thus, if elephants are threatened, so is the dung eating worm.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Wandrin;1509593 wrote: My favorite would be a worm that lives in elephant dung and requires it to survive. Thus, if elephants are threatened, so is the dung eating worm.

Now.....that......is karma...............the way I understand it.
magentaflame

Karma ?

Post by magentaflame »

When you think about it (not deeply of course) when we die we turn to dust..... correct? So wherever weare put or scattered we become part of our surrounds or enviroment. So we end up in, on, over different things. So between worm food or the nostrils of some poor unfortunet walking by people scattering grandmas ashes in the park, we end up parr of different entities.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
compopete

Karma ?

Post by compopete »

In this case both, no?
magentaflame

Karma ?

Post by magentaflame »

No, hindus have a religion they believe in and would like others to respect. You cant go around changing peoples core beliefs because its sounds cute in a non religious respect.

Its like changing the christian/jdeo belief in eye for an eye.

Im especially against dangerous misunderstandings and misconceptions.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1509624 wrote: No, hindus have a religion they believe in and would like others to respect. You cant go around changing peoples core beliefs because its sounds cute in a non religious respect.

Its like changing the christian/jdeo belief in eye for an eye.

Im especially against dangerous misunderstandings and misconceptions.

Are you talking about my definition of Karma ?

I am not disrespecting Hindu belief, I am giving the common everyday usage of the word......as used most everywhere.

Gay really means happy, it has changed to mean homosexual.

Bad means the opposite of good, but somewhere along the line, kids have reversed it, bad now means......good.
spot

Karma ?

Post by spot »

Cor baby that's really free.

Except, thinking about it, Otway meant what he said.

Wicked.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1509632 wrote: Cor baby that's really free.

Except, thinking about it, Otway meant what he said.

Wicked.

*cough* mmmm Right.
Clodhopper

Karma ?

Post by Clodhopper »

:) I do think spot sounds like that spoof 007 (what was his name?) with a melange of slang from the '60s to somewhere around now. Wicked!

spot

Karma ?

Post by spot »

Mike Myers is one of my childhood heroes, though I confess I've deliberately never seen Austin Powers. I assume you refer to one or other of them.
Clodhopper

Karma ?

Post by Clodhopper »

Yep: both :)

Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1509642 wrote: Mike Myers is one of my childhood heroes, though I confess I've deliberately never seen Austin Powers..

Is that your second childhood ?
Snowfire

Karma ?

Post by Snowfire »

I feel there's a need for someone to follow spot around FG and indeed the internet in general, to help steer him away from popular culture. It's just not his bag, what with Gnarles throwing three pointers.

For all we know, Michael Myers could be spot's childhood hero.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Karma ?

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1509649 wrote: For all we know, Michael Myers could be spot's childhood hero.Having checked, it seems there may be two Mike Myers, I was unaware of the second who appears to be Canadian. The one I was thinking of, born Frederic William Henry but known to his associates as Mike, founded the Society for Psychical Research, wrote poetry but did not, I now find, appear in comedy films. I shall have to reconsider his poems. From a comedic point of view they had definite talent - I was much impressed by his "party on, dudes!" in a Fin de Siècle milieu - but perhaps I was reeding too much into them.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Snowfire;1509649 wrote: I feel there's a need for someone to follow spot around FG and indeed the internet in general, to help steer him away from popular culture. It's just not his bag, what with Gnarles throwing three pointers.

For all we know, Michael Myers could be spot's childhood hero.

It is a worry isn't it ?
Clodhopper

Karma ?

Post by Clodhopper »

Having checked, it seems there may be two Mike Myers, I was unaware of the second

Me too. I meant the Austin Powers one.

I could quite see you playing the part in the sequel set 50 years later. Would that be karmic, and if so, good or bad? (I know I'd pay to watch! :))

cars

Karma ?

Post by cars »

Bruv;1509626 wrote: Are you talking about my definition of Karma ?

I am not disrespecting Hindu belief, I am giving the common everyday usage of the word......as used most everywhere.

Gay really means happy, it has changed to mean homosexual.

Bad means the opposite of good, but somewhere along the line, kids have reversed it, bad now means......good.

It's a play on words.

You have to be bad, to be good! :lips::thinking::wah:
Cars :)
Ted

Karma ?

Post by Ted »

I think he was a little to close to the elephant and thus it crushed him as it died.. It was an accident.
Bruv

Karma ?

Post by Bruv »

Ted;1509680 wrote: I think he was a little to close to the elephant and thus it crushed him as it died.. It was an accident.

From the article..... an elephant cow stormed a group headed by Theunis Botha in Zimbabwe on Friday.

The elephant was reportedly shot as she picked him up with her trunk, before she fell and died, crushing Mr Botha.

Possibly protecting her offspring, when somebody shot the animal she fell dead but crushed Mr Botha.
LarsMac

Karma ?

Post by LarsMac »

Maybe she remembered him from another attack.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ted

Karma ?

Post by Ted »

Now that is humorous.
Ted

Karma ?

Post by Ted »

**** happens.
magentaflame

Karma ?

Post by magentaflame »

Ted;1509736 wrote: **** happens.

Probably more apt.
Mark Aspam

Karma ?

Post by Mark Aspam »

spot;1509651 wrote: Having checked, it seems there may be two Mike Myers, I was unaware of the second who appears to be Canadian. There are undoubtedly many more than two, one of them was a school buddy of mine in Peoria, Illinois.

This whole thread reminds me of the old riddle:

What do you get when you cross an elephant with peanut butter?

A. You either get peanut butter that never forgets or an elephant that sticks to the roof of your mouth.

Return to “General Chit Chat”