Zillow - Redfin - Buying Property

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Have you ever tried buying property relying on the pictures provided by Zillow - Redfin ?

I did.

I've been looking to buy a house in Washington State for @ year. I'd look several times daily to see if a new property came on the market.

I finally found a house - called my agent in WA she said looks good & I'll go & make a video for you. I said let's put in a offer right now & then you can go make a video of the house. My agent made the video & it's nice-clean corky cute.

Then came a bidding war.

Then the seller decided to work with us..WooHoo

We closed Dec. 26th.

We're planning a road trip to WA soon - can't wait to see the house..

exciting

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Congratulations Patsy! Is this a second home or a permanent move? I wish you well!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne

It's a second home - near the Ocean & several rivers.

It's an investment - We bought the house for my Brother to live in - so this will be a permanent address for him. We'll visit WA.

I'm anxious to see the house - Have to admit I was nervous going through the process Long Distance.

Patsy
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Congrats on the house Patsy.

I really like the pacific Northwest.

I have no experience with Zillow, but a friend was very happy with them.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1522208 wrote: Have you ever tried buying property relying on the pictures provided by Zillow - Redfin ?

I did.

Once, Patsy. Not with Zillow, just an advertising handout from a local estate agent for a local holiday cottage, but I didn't visit the property until it was paid for and exchanged. No problem at all, it was exactly as described.

Congratulations on finding something you like - I hope it's ideal when you get there.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Real Estate is selling quickly in WA. I don't know about anywhere else but I found this house listed on redfin oh, @ 10:00 A.M.. It stated new on the market 3 hours - I put in a offer by noon - by the 5:00 P.M. there were 4 offers submitted which started the bidding war.

I'm very happy with the property & location - the inspection went well & the appraisal was $17, thousand over purchase price. I wish I had been there during all that - but our agent attended everything - she did a great job for us.

I'm packing & then we load a truck - a lot of work ahead of us before the road trip.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The house we purchased had a renter - month to month renter. OK - we signed a form allowing the renter to stay through the Holidays - then out by the 1st.

January rolls around - we were trying to hook up utilities & we were told there's a current account open...

We contact this rental Mgt. Co. - rent was paid in Jan. & this rental Co. sent the check to the previous owner.

Our Agent ran out to the house to post a vacate notice - out by Feb. 5th 2019.

Now dealing with this rental Co. has been a disaster - they told us to contact previous owner for the rent - OMG..

The owner of this rental Co. calls (Dee) - called to reassure me there weren't any shananigans going on (her words). Dee stated she will issue us a check - contact the renter - do the last walk through & send us the keys to the house - that was on 1/24/19.

Check is still in the mail.?

Waiting waiting - we started calling Dee - no reply - left messages - e-mailed - no reply.

My hubby looks on Facebook and Dee is in Hawaii - I sent her a message on Facebook - no reply.

This morning we called - assistant answers - she has the keys to the house - she's not sure if a final walk through has been done? Rent Check - she told me to contact the previous owner...OMG around & around. I told her that was ridiculous.

I had the house keys sent to my nephew in WA - as I don't trust them to arrive before we leave. The assistant stated Dee was out of the office - I said ya she's in Hawaii - the assistant giggled.

I'm nervous enough just with our move to WA - WA is under a snow storm. We're too busy packing & our truck get delivered tomorrow to pack. Then we have to pack our vehicle to drive to WA.

We have a friend in WA who is a attorney - he's hired to deal with this rental office (Dee) - I'm done..

We hit the road Sunday 2/17 - hope to arrive @ 21st- 22nd. This truck delivers right to the house & we'll have 3 days to empty it - if the weather makes us late my Nephew will have the keys & start unloading.

It'll all work out

I'm done dealing with this Dee & her lies & B.S.

Patsy
spot

Post by spot »

I hope your local friend's headed stationery is enough to shake Dee loose, it sounds like she's squeezing all she can from leaving.

Remember to pack a sleeping bag, spare food and water in the truck before you set out! Gloves, thermals, compass. Rifle. Goodness knows what WA is like. Grenades.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Word has it she'll definitely need an umbrella. The rest? Perhaps!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Our truck just arrived.

I told Dee - your holding our house hostage - deal with our attorney.

Our news stated Seattle WA is having the worst snow storm in 75 years.

We'll buy snow chains before we leave - it'll be a slow road trip.

I have to go buy warmer clothes - layers are good.

Wish us luck

Patsy
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I understand the weather is rather rough in Hawaii also.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LOL

Aloha - I hope it's raining..

I'm leaving beautiful Spring weather here - this snow scares me..

Patsy
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

191mph winds, 40' waves, and snow. That's what's happening in Hawaii.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

OMG - I didn't know you were serious

I love it... LOL

weird weather everywhere.

Patsy
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1522381 wrote: Our truck just arrived.

I told Dee - your holding our house hostage - deal with our attorney.

Our news stated Seattle WA is having the worst snow storm in 75 years.

We'll buy snow chains before we leave - it'll be a slow road trip.

I have to go buy warmer clothes - layers are good.

Wish us luck

Patsy

If you are going up I-5, I wouldn't worry too much about chains. Just mind the weather and take your time.

Northern California around Mt Shasta region might present more of a show problem than Washington.

But, then again, better to have what you don't need than to need what you don't have.

Buy the chains, and maybe never use them.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

I'd rather have chains than not.

Mt. Shasta is a worry - last year Feb. there was snow very little & at Mt. Shasta we were greeted with snow plows - the road was clear. all good

I'm worried about Grants Pass Oregon - had to stay a couple nights - received a early room call the pass is open - we ran.

Everything should be good up to Shasta - so it will be a slow & go road trip.

Loaded the truck today - just me & my Brother - we're wore out - sore - we're too old for this - that's what our body is telling us ..! what a job - just the ramp to the truck is hike...LOL I'm old...

all good - can't wait to get there - Nephew said it's raining today - that means ice..LOL

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars

I can't message you - I'm blocked?

are you aware there is a block from accepting private messages?

Patsy
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1522409 wrote: Lars

I can't message you - I'm blocked?

are you aware there is a block from accepting private messages?

Patsy

Try again
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I'm heading to Arizona and New Mexico this summer looking for a home Patsy. Thought I'd best go in the summer so I get a real feel for living there.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

Very cool - Summer experience - are looking to move in this area? or just a summer trip?

What are your plans?

We're planning to be in WA State in July - we're retired - our dates are adjustable.

Of course I have a extra / empty room - I just gave my brother the boot..! LOL

Let me know what your planning

Patsy
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Patsy Warnick;1522936 wrote: Flop

Very cool - Summer experience - are looking to move in this area? or just a summer trip?

What are your plans?

We're planning to be in WA State in July - we're retired - our dates are adjustable.

Of course I have a extra / empty room - I just gave my brother the boot..! LOL

Let me know what your planning

Patsy

I'm looking for a retirement state that is warm and dry. Not even sure what part of the states are most attractive ... probably not the southern border, eh?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

it's good to hear from you. I figured if your visiting during our Summer heat it's a test.

Maricopa County (Phoenix) is the #1 fastest growing city - everyone is moving here.

Real estate is cheaper - food is cheaper.

June -July is hot - we're 100 degrees today - but it's a gradual climb today.

June - July - you wake up to 90+ in the A.M. & will be 110 by 11:00 A.M.

August - September - hot & humid - monsoon storm season.

During these months of course the central air is running all day - ours is @ $300.00 month. Remember a 2 story house will have 2 or more air conditioners which equals to $600.00+ month. my Aunt bought a 2 story - had to move couldn't afford the air - the house was beautiful. LOL

Do you desire a pool in your back yard or are you looking into a age required community? Community pools will be over chlorinated.

I've put up with the 4 months of hell for over 30 yrs. I'm shoveling snow - mowing a lawn or grabbing a umbrella. The silver lining is after the 4 months of hell it's Spring.

Hope my B.S. helps..LOL

I have a one level home - with a pool - on the golf course in a age required community. (Sun City) AZ. 55 & over. Phoenix is growing at a fast pace - if your going to make the move do it now - you'll adjust.. LOL

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop - if your interested there is a nice house down the street from me that is "Air B&B" the rate is $75.00 a night. If that's what your looking for let me know & I'll get more info.

Patsy

Return to “General Chit Chat”