Mix It Up

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Nomad

Mix It Up

Post by Nomad »

Would you date or marry someone from another race ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
lady cop

Mix It Up

Post by lady cop »

no.
BabyRider

Mix It Up

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: no.
What she said.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Mix It Up

Post by lady cop »

because i am not attracted. i think we all have a 'type' we are attracted to.
mominiowa

Mix It Up

Post by mominiowa »

If it felt right and it was love- race doesn't matter...now ask my mother that same question! LOL

By the way- My husband is an alien I think- does that count?:yh_rotfl :yh_alien :yh_alien2

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
theia

Mix It Up

Post by theia »

If we were in love then my race or his wouldn't matter. That is until we both reached the "you really get on my nerves" stage and then we would likely make it matter alongside all the other things that we decided we didn't like.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
CARLA

Mix It Up

Post by CARLA »

Heck at my age if he was pink with yellow stripes I wouldn't care.. If it felt right and we were happy so be it. Since I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past child bearing age.. that wouldn't be a problem... SO IF YOU PINK WITH YELLOW STRIPES ... WHO KNOWS... :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Dizz

Mix It Up

Post by Dizz »

Sure! We are all mixes of some kind anyway. Personally, I've dated a phillipino guy, and was best friends with a Korean guy. (I would have dated the Korean if he asked me.) My family would have had a problem with it, but that would sooner stop the guy than me. They have to respect my choice.

Me as a mix: *stirrs meltingpot* German, Irish, English and Arapaho Indian

Husband: English and Cherokee

btw, mixed kids/people I see tend to be unusually beautiful in my eyes.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Mix It Up

Post by Betty Boop »

Yes, if it felt right and we loved one another.
venus

Mix It Up

Post by venus »

yes

I have done in the past and my partner and l have been together 6 years and are going to get married. We are from different races.

I fell in love with him not his colour.

So l tend not to see race its the person and they just happen to be white, asian, oriental etc
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
PurpleChicken

Mix It Up

Post by PurpleChicken »

Sure - you fall in love with a person, not their race.
Peg

Mix It Up

Post by Peg »

I have never had any interest in dating outside my race. If my kids were to do it, I may not be happy about it but here's the way I see it. I'd rather they marry a person of a different race that treats them good, than a person of the same race that treats them bad. I have no problem with people involved in mixed relationships. It's their choice, not mine.
Accountable

Mix It Up

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Would you date or marry someone from another race ?
There's no such thing
pina

Mix It Up

Post by pina »

When you marry someone its because you love them, it has nothing to do with where they are from or how they are brought up, or even how old they are. A person is a person whatever the circumstance.

I was brought up in a so called mixed marriage my mother English my father from Sicily.

Different religions are a bigger issue than different races. :-6

chonsigirl

Mix It Up

Post by chonsigirl »

O Sophist Nomad, you are so full of questions lately.

Race makes no difference, it is the person that counts. It isn't looks that count-whether its color, body shape, cute face, etc that count. It is their heart, which is the same color for everyone.
Nomad

Mix It Up

Post by Nomad »

More serendipity :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Mix It Up

Post by Nomad »

My answer is yes of course, no question. I have.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Mix It Up

Post by Accountable »

My question to your question is this:

Are you supporting the abominable and appalling practice of color-coding my fellow humans, or are you asking hypothetically should we start having social relationships with other-worldly beings in some distant future?
venus

Mix It Up

Post by venus »

ooohhh l like that one acc

:yh_alien :yh_alien2 :yh_chickn your all cute which one can dance?
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
abbey

Mix It Up

Post by abbey »

:-3 Erm........No
blossom

Mix It Up

Post by blossom »

Yes - I nearly did. My parents were not too happy about the situation because it was also a difference of religion which I would have had to adopt. I didn't go through with it because of the cultural differences but I often wonder if my dad was right.
Bez

Mix It Up

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop wrote: Yes, if it felt right and we loved one another.

Same here !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Nomad

Mix It Up

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: My question to your question is this:

Are you supporting the abominable and appalling practice of color-coding my fellow humans, or are you asking hypothetically should we start having social relationships with other-worldly beings in some distant future?

right....what you said

dont make me come over there acc :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Mix It Up

Post by Accountable »

I'm sorry. That subject hits a nerve with me. I'll tell you about it sometime.
Nomad

Mix It Up

Post by Nomad »

I know it does acc. Im very not racist, trust me. Ive been in love.
I AM AWESOME MAN
actionfigurestepho

Mix It Up

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I was thinking about this the other day. How come when a Vietnamese parent, or an Italian parent only wants their child to marry a good vietnamese girl or a hard working Italian boy or whatever, that's considered a fine tradition and way to keep it in the family, but if a blonde haired blue eyed midwesterner only wants their child to marry the same that's "racist"?

The first two ethic groups were purely hypothetical examples, but you know what I mean.

I suppose I'd date anyone if they were smart, a little bit nerdy and someone I was attracted to. I've learned those people are few and far between, so when one shows up I don't really care about too much of the rest of those little details.
lady cop

Mix It Up

Post by lady cop »

this is pissing me off. i am NOT racist. i don't like to be made to look racist. but i will say it again...we all have our types....my type is what it is. white and brilliant. no apologies.
CARLA

Mix It Up

Post by CARLA »

;) I know what you mean LC, I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to.. It just happens to be white men..:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Mix It Up

Post by Accountable »

I would expect that if someone asked about short, fat, or ugly people, the responses would be basically the same overall, though different responses from different posters.
weeder

Mix It Up

Post by weeder »

Imlike a lot of the women here. Have just never been attracted to anything but white men. Ive always felt..." Never say never" But I dont even look in that direction. Now, if Denzel Washington, or Jackie Chan knocked on my door, I just might take a second look. I am way past the marrying age. Im pretty certain Ill never walk down that aisle again... For my children? Whoever they are in love with..can be happy with... it would be fine with me.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
cars

Mix It Up

Post by cars »

I am currently in a Mixed Marriage, my wife is Female, & I'm male, & we both belong to the HUMAN RACE!;) :) :)
Cars :)
Accountable

Mix It Up

Post by Accountable »

cars wrote: I am currently in a Mixed Marriage, my wife is Female, & I'm male, & we both belong to the HUMAN RACE!;) :) :)
:yh_clap
capt_buzzard

Mix It Up

Post by capt_buzzard »

I was obducted by a female in 1983.:p :-4
pina

Mix It Up

Post by pina »

cars wrote: I am currently in a Mixed Marriage, my wife is Female, & I'm male, & we both belong to the HUMAN RACE!;) :) :)

actionfigurestepho

Mix It Up

Post by actionfigurestepho »

lady cop wrote: this is pissing me off. i am NOT racist. i don't like to be made to look racist. but i will say it again...we all have our types....my type is what it is. white and brilliant. no apologies.

LC I did NOT mean to imply that you were racist! Attraction is an EXTREMELY valid reason for datinr vs. not dating someone! I was just talking about the general kind of thought process here and about how people are more quick to slap the "racist" label on someone if that person is your average midwestern style white person and about how I feel that's unfair.

Return to “General Chit Chat”