New strip club laws

actionfigurestepho

New strip club laws

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I heard recently that our state government just passed some new strip club laws, such as distance between dancers and customers, hours, and alcohol licensing. Apparently the nude and semi nude dancing is going to have to stop at 11, private dances are not going to be allowed (or maybe they are as long as everything is covered?) and our city right now is kind of in an uproar about it...Cleveland's pretty economically depressed right now and some of the major downtown money makers are big mens' clubs. I guess it's also going to make it less economically desirable for the women who work in these clubs. They're trying to promote more daytime business by means of opening bookstores and shopping centers in the strip. Here's my question though---personal thoughts on strip clubs aside, does that really make sense from a working situation? Wouldn't someone make more money dancing than working at Borders for $6.50 an hour? Those chain stores are expensive, too. The people who shop in those types of fancy trendy stores live in the 'burbs. I can understand how they'd want to family friendly up the area, but I see so many drawbacks as well.

Are they doing this all over the country? Is this just Ohio?

What are your thoughts on taking out more offensive entertainment to put in shopping?

Does adult entertainment have a legitimate place in a city's nightlife?

I'd love to hear an opinion from someone who's worked in a strip club. So far everyone I know who has is AGAINST this.
actionfigurestepho

New strip club laws

Post by actionfigurestepho »

It seems like they're trying to restrict the rules enough so that it's harder to turn a profit margin...thus running the businesses out of the neighborhood in a sneaky manner.

Return to “Societal Issues News”