Aboriginals in Aussie films

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
gmc

Post by gmc »

This kind of stuff goes back a long way biblically justified believe that the white man was superior combined with social darwinism.

Do a google search under eugenics if you really want to find something equally shocking.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Scrat;1020157 wrote: Scares the hell out of you doesn't it?

Manifest Destiny in America was a result of the same mindset, along with the general attitude towards the Red Man.

Whole civilizations were destroyed.

I saw that movie Rabbit Proof Fence, it was amazing what those kids did.

Hate to say this but manifest destiny adherents still abound. PNAC for example?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Very interesting Mags...

I just ordered Walkabout on Netflex. The aboriginal in Walkabout is the bloke who played in Crocodile Dundee...liked him:-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzy butt;1020472 wrote: It's a very stark film Kathy I think you'll enjoy it. It didn't do very well when it first came out but it's rather popular at the moment .................Hindsight is golden:rolleyes::)

what's so interesting about Gulpilil is that he still lives in the bush when he's not making films. He's in the Tracker as well, I put the youtube link up. that's another exellent film and has you rooting for Gulpilil at the end of it. It's also an extremely ironic funny film .

Mags, Thank you:-4

I'm always enamered with your country and will be watching all names of films that you put up here. I should have Walkabout in a few days. I googled the film and also watched your youtube...can't wait to see this film...sounds terrific and very bittersweet:-6

Return to “People”