here are some more lumbar views

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

hopefully these are better! Still can not get scanner to work. thanks again everyone!!!!!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tater

The Dr.'s had to of told you your spine looks older than you are.? certainly your Cervical.? You can see the natural fusion.

So, what happened to your low back? Cause it's not good.

Have you had low back surgery - and if so, how are you feeling now?

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

It's almost like a Brittle Bone syndrome?

Degenerative ?

Did the Dr.'s tell you why at such a young age?

I had back surgery when I was 41 - and 15 other surgery's since, not back related. Now full of arthritis.

looks like this has stopped you in your tracks.?

Patsy
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

I have had nothing done on this yet. Just the mri so far. I see the doctor the 15. Looking into clinical studies right now.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

are you in a lot of pain?? I have degenerative bone disease of the lumbar area. at times it can really be painful.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

lots of pain. I did ask about a clinical study in this area, they told me I am to young to be in it. So, I sent more emails to other doctors to see if there are any other studies in my age group.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry. I logged on thinking this was about Tree Cutters - -- Don't mind me, carry on.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Looks like at least one ruptured disk and also looks like you have a Facet problem. I have arthritis in both the lumbar and cervical areas, especially in the Facet joints...not fun.
southern yankee

shelbell;1020136 wrote: Looks like at least one ruptured disk and also looks like you have a Facet problem. I have arthritis in both the lumbar and cervical areas, especially in the Facet joints...not fun. me too, no not fun:(
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I'll try to find some of my post-op pics of my C5-C6 fusion...pretty bizarre, but i'm not sure where I put them. If I can find them I'll try to post them.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Looks like I'm going to have to go back in for more x-rays and another MRI....I'm having pain in the opposite side of my neck and it locks up, and for the back I'm having shooting/stabbing pains again. So now I'm gonna go soak in a hot tub for awhile....and shave the legs in case they can get the MRI scheduled soon. :wah::wah:
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

Wow! found out I need to have c7-t1 done, also alot in the lumbar. I am going out of state because my dr. said he does not want to do them. Go get another opion and I will see. Yeah, like I am going to let him touch me again. I am going to go on nov. 11. I also emailed these pics to other surgureons and they said I immedialtly need to make appointment with them or other surgeons. I can't wait to long. I always thought dr.'s took an oath to help people. I think they pic and choose. Even when I do go to other dr. He may not be able to touch me, because the other surgeon will not release me. He told me I know you are in alot of pain, deal with it. If I was doing good, I would have seen how far my cane would have went somewhere!!!! I have to keep positive attitude that someone will fix this. I am really scared. There is alot of problems down there.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Got anything in the pancreas or gallbladder department ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
southern yankee

i have been thinking of you dear:)
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

just come on here as i been in agony for past 2 days,i lifted my trailer onto its tow hook and put my back out but funny thing,the pain went thru to my chest and i couldnt breath for a short time,,very scary!!!plenty of sympothy please
southern yankee

hoxtonchris;1035692 wrote: just come on here as i been in agony for past 2 days,i lifted my trailer onto its tow hook and put my back out but funny thing,the pain went thru to my chest and i couldnt breath for a short time,,very scary!!!plenty of simpothy please can understand how you feel. back problems are NO FUN at all!!:(:(
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

southern yankee;1035695 wrote: can understand how you feel. back problems are NO FUN at all!!:(:(
thing is mate it seems once we get a back thing we always waiting for the next one some are bad some totaly obliterating,but the one i hate is the one that lets you think its gone then WHACK!!!! it comes back at you at the worst time!
southern yankee

hoxtonchris;1035709 wrote: thing is mate it seems once we get a back thing we always waiting for the next one some are bad some totaly obliterating,but the one i hate is the one that lets you think its gone then WHACK!!!! it comes back at you at the worst time! when you reaLLY HAVE JOBS TO DO YOU CAN NOT PUT OFF.that's when mine gives me the most problems, :(:mad:
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tazz

I'll be blunt - bottom line - you should be in alot of pain/discomfort..and scared.

Your x-rays are terrible as I stated before, you have alot going on for a young person. I tought you'd be older by the looks of the x-rays..? ok

With that being said - there's alot the medical society have improved.

Are you working? - if not or IF SO, - I'd advise you to apply for everything - welfare - medicare - Social Security Disability - NOW..!!! I mean NOW..

as this process takes for ever - as in a year or 2 for disability ..- and if you don't need it - cool. Understand you need to start the paperwork NOW... if you haven't already..

To me - your x-rays are a mess - I'm blunt now - because this is a serious situation for you. apply for everything NOW..

As far as the DR. transfer thing - always call your Insurance CO. for the authority.

I've had my quacks - non believer's - I've reported them to my Insurance at the time & received another referral and kept shopping for a DR that understood me believed me & we had a repor... you can do that - keep shopping - and get several opinions.. I've walked out on DR'S - don't tell me how I feel - or should..?

Write your questions down - thought - doubts - etc.. bring them with you to DR's.

when your in pain - your not expected to think clearly, and you won't..

OK - your Neck is one issue - and your low back is another..

with your low back - your stomach will change - digestive process will change - so watch your intake of foods because your mobility is less, This is serious because less pressure is better - take a stool softener, not a laxative - stool softener, and drink alot of water to process foods.. I'm serious here.. You'll need to do this from time to time, maybe more often, for the rest of your life...

Neck - C7 & T1, which is Cervical & thoracic region of the spine, which is the top of shoulder blade area, which controls the lungs, heart mid section of the chest area.

Your rotation of your neck will be very limited

Are you experiencing pain into your arms? Chest bone sore?

I was prescribed a new Pain Patch Lidoderm.

also Flector Patch - they work, take the edge off, and allows me to walk & talk..

They're new - ask about them.

Shop for the right DR you can have a repor with and that will make you feel secure...- stay off the BOOZE, in case that's a option.. You don't want a band aid - you want & need a cure/solution.

Please keep us posted

you can talk to me anytime - and I wish you well.

I'll be thinking of you Tazz

Patsy

P.S. Take a copy of all these forms you'll need to fill out - you'll need a copy of your records.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Tater Tazz;1015235 wrote: hopefully these are better! Still can not get scanner to work. thanks again everyone!!!!!

These look terrible. I've had 2 fusion surgery's. If you get the lower back fused, make sure you have someone that will be around to help you with everything at home because it is very painful surgery and you can't do much of anything. See if your insurance covers the rental of a hospital bed at home...it really helps a lot.

If you get a neck fusion done, those are a piece of cake....much easier and so less painful. I have degenerative disk disease with arthritis in my spine.

Listen to Patsy, she has given you a ton of great advice!!
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

I have contacted my insurance company. I have a attorney. I am on pain medications. I am waiting to hear from pain management at this time until I see doctor out of state. The medication I am on only takes edge off. My whole back feels like it is on fire. The cervical area has very sharp shooting pains going to right arm. The lumbar is a mess. If I decide to go to this hospital I will be there for at least 3 to 4 days. The thoratic area is a mess also. The problem is, my surgeon does not want to release me. So, he is sending me back to therapy. I went one week ago, and got kicked out, because the pain was so bad she had to stop. I was there from 1030 to 1200. Just for an evaluation. She told surgeon to fix c7-t1 then send me back. He does not want to touch me anymore. So, I asked him to sign release. No again. So, I am hoping this doctor out of state will do the surguries I need. I have sent pictures to other doctors in ct. They all say I need to see a surgeon immedialty. It is pretty bad. I had friends I know come out and read mri's and I allready know what is going on. These friends work for spine surgeons. So, my appointment is nov. 11 out of state. I will try therapy again this week, hopefully I do not get back into that much pain. If I do, then she will stop and tell surgeon again to fix it first. I have no problem with the bathroom part, I barely make it there. That is because of the c7-t1 disk. Thank you everyone and I will try to get on more, but it is hard for me to sit here. thanks again.

Return to “General Chit Chat”