blood transformation in a deceased body...please help

laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

hihi,

i am writing short story and I remember reading a long time ago about a process the can/does happen when a person dies...

i can't remember the name given to the process but think it starts with the letter L...

i remember at the time interpreting it as follows;

when a body dies, blood pools to the surface of the skin like bruises...

its killing me as i want to use the term in this story i am writing!!

if you know please help,

thanking you in advance,

Lou
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Um, welcome to the garden. Yuck. No really, welcome here.
laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

ok, scrap that...in case anyone is wondering;

Livor mortis or postmortem lividity or hypostasis (Latin: livor—bluish color, mortis—of death), one of the signs of death, is a settling of the blood in the lower (dependent) portion of the body, causing a purplish red discoloration of the skin: when the heart is no longer agitating the blood, heavy red blood cells sink through the serum by action of gravity. This discoloration does not occur in the areas of the body that are in contact with the ground or another object, as the capillaries are compressed...

i found it in an old writing journal...
Lon

Post by Lon »

laidbackruby;1041394 wrote: ok, scrap that...in case anyone is wondering;

Livor mortis or postmortem lividity or hypostasis (Latin: livor—bluish color, mortis—of death), one of the signs of death, is a settling of the blood in the lower (dependent) portion of the body, causing a purplish red discoloration of the skin: when the heart is no longer agitating the blood, heavy red blood cells sink through the serum by action of gravity. This discoloration does not occur in the areas of the body that are in contact with the ground or another object, as the capillaries are compressed...

i found it in an old writing journal...

Livor mortis will clear up during the embalming process as the embalming fluid displaces the body's blood.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Hi, LBR. A 'novel' way of introducing yourself.:D

What's the poll about by the way?
spot

Post by spot »

There are, I suppose, lots of people called Ruby in Queensland. Now I've seen two of them.

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

thanks for the welcomes!...i see i was totally naive to how forums work & should have introduced myself first...nothing better though then to use the dead to introduce the living!

Only genius has a new word for a new thought

-- Heinrich Heine
laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

OpenMind;1041457 wrote: Hi, LBR. A 'novel' way of introducing yourself.:D

What's the poll about by the way?

It ties in with what I'm currently working on...

The novella is a work of contrast, not all people will feel guilt, not all people will feel hope, some will ultimately not care; originally my aim is to show that people have lost interest in the dead and have no empathy for the living...in this fiction anyway.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

laidbackruby;1041503 wrote: It ties in with what I'm currently working on...

The novella is a work of contrast, not all people will feel guilt, not all people will feel hope, some will ultimately not care; originally my aim is to show that people have lost interest in the dead and have no empathy for the living...in this fiction anyway.

That sounds interesting, very philosophical. :-6
laidbackruby

Post by laidbackruby »

fuzzy butt;1041507 wrote: that's a very shallow reasoning ................and you know it. **** you wanna come down here at the moment of drought ? or do you want to come down here when the bushfires are raging!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't talk about hope and guilt and care ..............Are you actually in Australia? Cause if you were you would have a plefera of material.....why don't you know this?

hi fuzzy butt,

i am from the country, a redneck from the queensland bush. I spent my childhood watching my family work the pigs until my uncle got septicemia, work the dairy cattle until the farm was sold. my father worked as a stock agent for many years; the last couple of years being the hardest as he saw his friends and then ultimately himself lose their jobs. I don't write this for competition but so you can see that I am not naive to what you must be going through, if you are from a farm. Myself as a fiction writer, if I sought to write about Australians then yes, I would have a 'plethora' of material, however my subject matter is not Australian based.

I'm writing a radical fiction and my chosen subject matter has arisen from current and past pograms currently happening or that have happened around the world. Whereas I feel for those Australians and my family that still live out bush, right now, I'm writing about a world consciousness of which I'm sorry to say there is a vast confusion of the terms hope, guilt and care, in regards to my subject matter that is.

I just have to say, I've no interest in wasting time for arguments sake on pure confusion but hopeful that you can understand that I don't feel guilty that you got the wrong end of the stick, rather I just hope things get better for you guys down there.

thanks everyone, was an interesting afternoon. Back to the writing, the fiction writing that is.

Current Conflicts

Algeria Insurgency 1992 -->

Angola Cabinda 1975 -->

Burma Insurgency 1950 -->

China Senkaku Islands 1968 -->

China Spratly Islands 1988 -->

Colombia Insurgencies 1970s-->

Congo (Zaire) Congo War 1998-->

Georgia Civil War 1991-->

India Assam 1985 -->

India Kashmir 1970s-->

India Naxalite Uprising 1967 -->

Indonesia Aceh 1986 -->

Indonesia Kalimantan 1983 -->

Indonesia Maluku 1999 -

Indonesia Papua / West Irian 1963 -->

Israel Al-Aqsa Intifada 2000 -->

Israel Lebanon 2006 -->

Ivory Coast Civil War 2002 -->

Korea Korean War 1953 -->

Laos Hmong Insurgency 2000 -->

Moldova Transdniester 1991-->

Namibia Caprivi Strip 1966-->

Nepal Maoists 1996 -->

Nigeria Civil Disturbances 1997 -

Pakistan Baluchistan 2004 -

Palestine Civil War 2007-->

Peru Shining Path 1970s-->

Philippines Moro Uprising 1970s-->

Russia Chechen Uprising 1992 -->

Somalia Civil War 1991-->

Spain Basque Uprising 1970s-->

Sri Lanka Tamil Separatists 1983 -->

Sudan Darfur 1983 -->

Thailand Islamic Rebels 2001 -->

Turkey Kurdistan 1984 -->

Uganda Civil Conflict 1980 -->

United States Afghanistan 1980 -->

United States Djibouti 2001 -->

United States Iraq 1990 -->

United States Philippines 1898 -->

Uzbekistan Civil Disturbances 2005 -->

Yemen Sheik al-Houti 2004 -->
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzy butt;1041507 wrote: that's a very shallow reasoningPolitely with the newbies. You know better than that. They're not scalps.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Hi Laidbackruby

Wont pretend I have a clue what your talking about but its lovely to have a new member, and a interesting and intelligent one at that..

Welcome to the garden:-6
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

laidbackruby;1041503 wrote: It ties in with what I'm currently working on...

That doesn't really give me enough information to choose an option. What is your novella about, what is its subject matter?

In this country (the UK), for instance, there is an interest in genealogy which is shared by many people. As these people find out about their ancestors, they find an appreciation for their relatives' way of life. One result of this is that it also gives them a new appreciation of their own lives by comparison.

Notwithstanding, this only shows an interest in dead relatives. You may be referring to something different to this.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Hello & Welcome to the garden :-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

fuzzy butt;1042797 wrote: Hmmm you're right. I just read that back and it has come across a little strong . sorry ruby that wasn't written how it has come across................forgot the smilies .

Note to self: Use smilies:-5:-5

That's all very well for you to say. I bet you don't have to copy and paste them:(

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”