Good and Shocking News

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

I'm no longer single you guys. My best friend of about three years just asked me out today. I asked him about when he thought of me as his potential girlfriend and he said about a month ago. Even though he's got doubts about us, I reassured him that I have the same doubts, but I also have a lot of confidence that if we do get together, everything will work out. He's worried about my guys situations since there are several guys chasing after me as of right now and there are some drama going on in my life right now too, he said he don't know if he wants to be a part of that. I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about me. He said that if "we" don't work out, we should still be best friends with each other.
shelbell

Good and Shocking News

Post by shelbell »

Good for you SG moving along now. Be careful cuz this could turn into a huge nightmare. First, he's already having doubts and he just asked you out. Second is that he is your best friend. Most of the time going from "just friends" to a relationship, then trying to go back to being best friends again just doesn't work out that way. You are risking your best friend by dating him. Sorry don't mean to rain on your parade. On the other hand, good friends can make wonderful boyfriends, husbands, etc. After almost 18 year together me and hubby are still best friends. Our 17th anniversary is Dec 5th, and I love hi more everyday. I'm just so happy for you for finally moving on from that other dude!!:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
abbey

Good and Shocking News

Post by abbey »

What happened to the guy off the internet who wanted money?
OpenMind

Good and Shocking News

Post by OpenMind »

You're still young so don't go rushing things here. Your studies are more important than anything else at the moment. In a few years, your outlook will be different anyway. That's the time to start getting serious.
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

shelbell;1056241 wrote: Good for you SG moving along now. Be careful cuz this could turn into a huge nightmare. First, he's already having doubts and he just asked you out. Second is that he is your best friend. Most of the time going from "just friends" to a relationship, then trying to go back to being best friends again just doesn't work out that way. You are risking your best friend by dating him. Sorry don't mean to rain on your parade. On the other hand, good friends can make wonderful boyfriends, husbands, etc. After almost 18 year together me and hubby are still best friends. Our 17th anniversary is Dec 5th, and I love hi more everyday. I'm just so happy for you for finally moving on from that other dude!!:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap

I know what you mean shelbell. Thanks for the advice. I really care about him and I don't want to hurt him so I'll try everything in my power to take this relationship seriously. I don't want to lose him as either my boyfriend or my best friend, he means too much to me. I just hope that we can turn back into friends in case this relationship doesn't work. Sigh. In a way it will be less pressure if we just remain friends but I don't want to throw away this golden opportunity.
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

OpenMind;1056380 wrote: You're still young so don't go rushing things here. Your studies are more important than anything else at the moment. In a few years, your outlook will be different anyway. That's the time to start getting serious.

Thanks for your concern OpenMind. Both me and my best friend/boyfriend both care about our school and education very much, it is both our top priority. To me, just because I am dating somebody doesn't mean that I can focus on school at the same time.
OpenMind

Good and Shocking News

Post by OpenMind »

strongirl56;1056717 wrote: Thanks for your concern OpenMind. Both me and my best friend/boyfriend both care about our school and education very much, it is both our top priority. To me, just because I am dating somebody doesn't mean that I can focus on school at the same time.

I hope it works out then. Best wishes to you.:-6
mikeinie

Good and Shocking News

Post by mikeinie »

Wow, that’s amazing, you lasted about 48 hours without a boyfriend.

I stand by my original thread, you are young, never mind about boyfriends, your priorities are wrong and will come back to haunt you. Get your head into the books and study, get your grades and set yourself up for life.

Guys will always be around.
abbey

Good and Shocking News

Post by abbey »

abbey;1056263 wrote: What happened to the guy off the internet who wanted money? ???
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

abbey;1056961 wrote: ???

Oh him, he's still around.
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

mikeinie;1056887 wrote: Wow, that’s amazing, you lasted about 48 hours without a boyfriend.

I stand by my original thread, you are young, never mind about boyfriends, your priorities are wrong and will come back to haunt you. Get your head into the books and study, get your grades and set yourself up for life.

Guys will always be around.

I haven't had a boyfriend for the past year thank you so much.
mikeinie

Good and Shocking News

Post by mikeinie »

strongirl56;1057858 wrote: I haven't had a boyfriend for the past year thank you so much.

Sorry, I thought I read in another post a couple of days ago that you just broke up with someone. If not, then my mistake. No hard feelings?
strongirl56

Good and Shocking News

Post by strongirl56 »

mikeinie;1058028 wrote: Sorry, I thought I read in another post a couple of days ago that you just broke up with someone. If not, then my mistake. No hard feelings?

Of course not. It was a misunderstanding. I was serious about him but he wasnt ever serious about me, that's why me and him never worked out. I'm happy with the guy I'm with right now though.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”