Astrology

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

Yesterday I had an astrological birth chart done....complete with 15 pages explaining it:-3. The idea behind the birth chart is that it sets out certain aspects of your life which your personality and the influences of the planetary alignments at the time/place of birth will draw you towards, and the lessons which you may learn from these.

Its interesting reading and theres much that I recognise. There are some aspects which reccur often, and others which contunually contradict each other, and yet I can see these contradictions within myself and throughout my life.

But Im unsure what to take from it. It may be that I should just enjoy the read and accept that Im too complicated to understand and hand it to my next partner saying 'thats me, so dont even try to understand':wah:

Does anyone here understand astrology, or have you had a birth chart done, and what did you make of it?

ps. Im a newbie, so if Im posting this in the wrong forum, please just let me know
Odie

Astrology

Post by Odie »

xxoakxx;1051547 wrote: Yesterday I had an astrological birth chart done....complete with 15 pages explaining it:-3. The idea behind the birth chart is that it sets out certain aspects of your life which your personality and the influences of the planetary alignments at the time/place of birth will draw you towards, and the lessons which you may learn from these.

Its interesting reading and theres much that I recognise. There are some aspects which reccur often, and others which contunually contradict each other, and yet I can see these contradictions within myself and throughout my life.

But Im unsure what to take from it. It may be that I should just enjoy the read and accept that Im too complicated to understand and hand it to my next partner saying 'thats me, so dont even try to understand':wah:

Does anyone here understand astrology, or have you had a birth chart done, and what did you make of it?

ps. Im a newbie, so if Im posting this in the wrong forum, please just let me know

Hi newbie and welcome!

I don't pay attention to astrology as to many people have the same meanings.
Life is just to short for drama.
Chezzie

Astrology

Post by Chezzie »

I had one done years ago, tongue in cheek and a bit of fun I decided to make of mine as I had to give a lot of info upfront, time born, day ect..

Id not map my life out off one:wah::wah:
Chezzie

Astrology

Post by Chezzie »

oppps my manners

Hi and welcome to the garden

Have fun:-6
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

thankyou for the welcomes xx

Im not too gullible lol, but I dont like to dismiss things out of hand before Ive tried them and given them some consideration. Astrology in terms of 'you are so and so starsign along with another 1/12th of the population and like this', has little but a bit of fun to it.

A proper chart is drawn up using the date, place and time of birth....without that, then you simply wouldnt know where the person and the planets were in relation to one another, which seems logical and a little more scientific.

Its hard for me to compare what you were given as your chart, as I can imagine ignoring the one I have, but its a little detailed and complex for fun, if that makes sense? I really wouldnt be able to plan my life from it either, as it offers more of a line my life could have taken or take due to perceptions and choices of free will, created by traits in my personality. Ive done alot of work in self evaluation/self honesty in view of changing the patterns of thinking and action/reaction, so at the moment Im viewing this chart in that way.
OpenMind

Astrology

Post by OpenMind »

Hi, xxoakxx. (That's some name, how do you pronounce it?:D)

Welcome to FG.

As to your question, I would suggest that if nothing stands out, there is nothing to take from it.

If something in particular does stand out, that will be what you need to focus on.

There again, if nothing stands out now, don't discard it. You might find something stands out say, a few months, or even a few years down the line.

Hope that helps, X.:-6
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

Hi, xxoakxx. (That's some name, how do you pronounce it?)

hey, without the kisses it would be plain old oak....BUT I NEED KISSES ;)

but yes, thats sound advice, thankyou
OpenMind

Astrology

Post by OpenMind »

xxoakxx;1053147 wrote: Hi, xxoakxx. (That's some name, how do you pronounce it?)

hey, without the kisses it would be plain old oak....BUT I NEED KISSES ;)

but yes, thats sound advice, thankyou

Hi, Oak. You will find all the hugs and kisses you need here on this forum starting with me.XXX

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

lol, thankyou openmind :-4
spot

Astrology

Post by spot »

xxoakxx;1051719 wrote: A proper chart is drawn up using the date, place and time of birth....without that, then you simply wouldnt know where the person and the planets were in relation to one another, which seems logical and a little more scientific. In what sense are you using the word "scientific" here?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

spot;1061674 wrote: In what sense are you using the word "scientific" here?

As in the study of the world around us and the inter-relationship of its parts.
spot

Astrology

Post by spot »

xxoakxx;1062001 wrote: As in the study of the world around us and the inter-relationship of its parts.

This involves the core requirement of repeatability, does it?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Violetmay

Astrology

Post by Violetmay »

I find astrology fascinating, and do charts for people as a bit of my part time job, but also don't let it rule the everyday running of things. It's good as a guide but not a tool to live by. As some people do.
Wibble
xxoakxx

Astrology

Post by xxoakxx »

Spot, i think you may be confusing scientific proof, with scientific study. To proove something, it requires the formulation of an accurate measuring device, which will be able to ascertain the pattern, or repeatability of an occurence. However scientific study, is the logical observation of the world around us and within us, which seeks to make the inter-relations between the whole. Im a great believer in science, but there is what is 'known' in text book scientific proof, and what is still to be pioneered. The latter to me holds the essence of scientific discovery. Its not so long ago, people thought he who said the earth was round, was mad. And to have told someone the air existed of individual particles before the microscope had been invented, would have seemed quite dellusional. But when people are willing to accept they dont already 'know' everything, and explore the possibility of the 'un-known', science continues to evolve into tommorow.

Hi Violet, what kind of thing do you put in peoples charts? and what do you believe they can show people?
Shimon

Astrology

Post by Shimon »

It is fascinating because the rabbis of the Talmud gave considerable credence to astrology. It says Astrology is not only a factor to be taken into account when planning future events it also influences human nature.It is somewhat of a contradiction, Although astrology is prominent in rabbinic thought, Jewish law cautions against seeking the advice of astrologers.

I know why, but the answer is long and no one wants to read it. I just find this subject fascinating
Bryn Mawr

Astrology

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Shimon;1322961 wrote: It is fascinating because the rabbis of the Talmud gave considerable credence to astrology. It says Astrology is not only a factor to be taken into account when planning future events it also influences human nature.It is somewhat of a contradiction, Although astrology is prominent in rabbinic thought, Jewish law cautions against seeking the advice of astrologers.

I know why, but the answer is long and no one wants to read it. I just find this subject fascinating

Fundamentalist Christians recognise Mosaic and Levitical Law as driving the law of Christ. Would these ?still? be recognised under Jewish Law?
Shimon

Astrology

Post by Shimon »

At Mount Sinai, God gave the Children of Israel the job of showing humanity the greatness of God and adherence to His laws. God held the Jews to a higher standard giving them 613 Divine commandments ,He gave the nations seven rules to follow in order that His world be sustained. The Talmud says, There will come a time,that the children of Noah will be prepared to return to this path. That will be the beginning of a new world, a world of wisdom and peace.

The Seven Noahide Laws are a sacred inheritance of all the children of Noah, one that every person on the face of the earth can use

Fundamentalist religion offers its adherents a framework in which to live the seven laws do the same and I believe are the foundation.

I hope thats what you meant.
Bryn Mawr

Astrology

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Shimon;1323030 wrote: At Mount Sinai, God gave the Children of Israel the job of showing humanity the greatness of God and adherence to His laws. God held the Jews to a higher standard giving them 613 Divine commandments ,He gave the nations seven rules to follow in order that His world be sustained. The Talmud says, There will come a time,that the children of Noah will be prepared to return to this path. That will be the beginning of a new world, a world of wisdom and peace.

The Seven Noahide Laws are a sacred inheritance of all the children of Noah, one that every person on the face of the earth can use

Fundamentalist religion offers its adherents a framework in which to live the seven laws do the same and I believe are the foundation.

I hope thats what you meant.

I was asking about the Laws of Moses and the Laws of Leviticus but that is only because I've not come across the Laws of Noah.

My understanding is that we share the Pentateuch - the start of the Old Testanent is fairly much based on the Torah and the Laws therein are the same.

What are the seven laws? I'd like to track down the equivalent text (if it exists) in the Bible.
Shimon

Astrology

Post by Shimon »

I think this site will helpwww.noahide.com/7laws.htm
Bryn Mawr

Astrology

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Shimon;1323119 wrote: I think this site will helpThe Seven Noahide Laws

Thank you, interesting and perfectly reasonable at the level of the seven categories but, when you get to the level of the contained "laws" then I'll pass.

Certainly not something that I've seen incorporated into the Pentateuch or accepted into Christian belief in the way that the laws of Moses and Leviticus are.
Shimon

Astrology

Post by Shimon »

Even though I was raised in a strict Jewish home and member of Chabad-Lubavitch I was never big on the Hasidic Gentile Movement

I am not sure that this pretained to your orginal question. The thing is if you put two Rabbi's in the same room and asked one question I promise you will get three differant answers
Bryn Mawr

Astrology

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Shimon;1323182 wrote: Even though I was raised in a strict Jewish home and member of Chabad-Lubavitch I was never big on the Hasidic Gentile Movement

I am not sure that this pretained to your orginal question. The thing is if you put two Rabbi's in the same room and asked one question I promise you will get three differant answers

:yh_rotfl

I like it - one of the more precise fields of study then :-6

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”