Cell Phone Laws

qsducks

Cell Phone Laws

Post by qsducks »

wildhorses;1041352 wrote: Hi Kathy: Ya I see right through him. He loves a good spar. Well he'll get it from me that's for sure!!!

Sorry we took the thread so far off base, but it was the middle of the night....we were having fun.... and I guess I lost track of the original post.

I see people all the time texting on the cell in traffic. So annoying. You never know it maybe Spot texting someone and they are responding in some long anooying thread.:wah:
wildhorses

Cell Phone Laws

Post by wildhorses »

qsducks;1041354 wrote: I see people all the time texting on the cell in traffic. So annoying. You never know it maybe Spot texting someone and they are responding in some long anooying thread.:wah:

Yes. I see those people texting too. Although I am not at all annoyed by it. I don't understand how some people are so easily annoyed by cell phone usage. I figure they are annoyed before they get on the road.
qsducks

Cell Phone Laws

Post by qsducks »

wildhorses;1041360 wrote: Yes. I see those people texting too. Although I am not at all annoyed by it. I don't understand how some people are so easily annoyed by cell phone usage. I figure they are annoyed before they get on the road.

I can talk on the cell while driving, but not texting. Right now the piece of cr*p cell phone I have is well, cr*p:wah: can't even imagine texting on the piece of junk.
qsducks

Cell Phone Laws

Post by qsducks »

Hoss;1041366 wrote: No, I think it’s not a very wise idea. But I don't think it’s a problem enough to make a law over.

I see plenty of people gorging themselves on hamburgers, fixing eyeliner, yelling at kids in the back seat, talking to each other, reading the newspaper, all while attempting to drive.

Why is it not illegal to do all those things while driving, why single out texting or phoning? I think it’s impractical to do so. It's better to make a larger global rule not to drive while distracted, to enforce it there must be an outcome based penalty. Otherwise we will end up with a law to prohibit each of those things.

Because texting requires that you take your eyes off the road. I've got kids myself and believe me, driving 6 blocks to school with my son fiddling with radio is no picnic, I wouldn't even attempt to chat on the cell.
spot

Cell Phone Laws

Post by spot »

wildhorses;1041283 wrote: On this particular thread I posted before you and you picked up the thread later. You are the one following me...lol.I can't even begin to understand what that's trying to tell me. Something to do with reality being what you make it I expect.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ammit82379

Cell Phone Laws

Post by ammit82379 »

Hello again everyone. I am sorry that I was not on for so long, I got very ill, but I am mostly better now. I can, at least, sit up long enough to type.

Thank you all very much for your opinions on this topic. I know that any time something as controversial as this is discussed, tempers may flair. People tend to become very passionate about their opinions, which is good. Different views is part of the joy of being individuals.

My opinion on the use of cell phones while driving has changed many times in the past year. I , but have always been against talking on cell phones while driving and texting while driving, but it never really occurred to me to expend any of my energy arguing about it until I got to learn firsthand what the consequences are. I was hit by a guy that was texting. My car was totaled and I was put outne was more important than the road of work for 2 months. A side affect of me losing my ability to work was that I lost my home and almost lost my son. The guy who hit me was fine. Didn't even loose his car.

I feel that the penalties for people behaving in such a careless nature should be a lot harsher. When someone is accidentally killed in any other way, it is manslaughter. I feel that it should be the same for cell phone related crashes. I feel that when you hurt someone because you thought your phone was more important than the road, you should face the same punishment as anyone else who hurts someone. As for hands-free devices, all of the posts here have given me something to think about.

Thank you again, and keep posting.

Chistine
gmc

Cell Phone Laws

Post by gmc »

Hoss;1041366 wrote: No, I think it’s not a very wise idea. But I don't think it’s a problem enough to make a law over.

I see plenty of people gorging themselves on hamburgers, fixing eyeliner, yelling at kids in the back seat, talking to each other, reading the newspaper, all while attempting to drive.

Why is it not illegal to do all those things while driving, why single out texting or phoning? I think it’s impractical to do so. It's better to make a larger global rule not to drive while distracted, to enforce it there must be an outcome based penalty. Otherwise we will end up with a law to prohibit each of those things.

It's the level of distraction that is significantly greater with a phone that's the real problem. Don't know about the states but we do have a general offence of driving without due care and attention but accidents caused by people being on the phone became so common something had to be done. Way beyond minor shunts in to the realms of serious accidents with fatalities all caused by people using phones.

maybe it's also the level of congestion here that's makes UK posters so hostile-we have some of the most congested roads in the world and our country roads are not exactly straight lines from a to b. I've lost count of the number of near misses I've had because of some numpty swing across the road in front of me or slowing sharply for no apparent reason or even going bends in the middle of the road one handed because they were on the phone and losing control. Even one luckily minor rear end shunt because the twit behind me didn't see the junction I stopped at. Got out the car still holding his phone and asked why had I stopped.
angel710

Cell Phone Laws

Post by angel710 »

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.
Raven

Cell Phone Laws

Post by Raven »

I am assuming you mean mobiles. And If people are stupid enough to use a mobile while driving...then yes, laws should be passed to protect the innocent lives that are forfeit by the mobile users stupidity. Period.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”