A woman has the right to choose...

saffy

Post by saffy »

Hello *waves back*

I believe it stops the fetrilised egg from implanting into the uterus wall.
Lenn

Post by Lenn »

Irmin;685941 wrote: No one benefits from the murdering of babies other than the Jew.

It's incredible how some find it easy to blame jews for everything. I'm jewish and I always feel personally insulted by this kind of racistic remarks. Why don't you explain how the Jew benefits from abortions? And why are you using the term "murdering of babies" whereas it's obvious for all the civilised people that abortion and murder have nothing in common. - These are two totally separate phenomena. What you said actually makes me think about little, stupid Poles who always call abortion a murder, without pointing to any ground for such a stance.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Irmin;685542 wrote: When to have sex. Not to kill her own baby. She made the choice when she spread her legs.

So if a happily married woman trie's for many years for a much wanted baby and then finds through scans that her baby is sadly so severely deformed, he/she will spend their life in pain, you'd rather that baby live?

Or if the much wanted baby through complications is likely to kill the mother by continuing with the pregnancy, you'd rather that the woman die, leaving her other children motherless and the death of a poor woman?

Your sick. Get a life outside of your ignorant mis-imformed bias and hatred.

Or perhaps your mother had an abortion and threw the wrong bit away?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

Lenn;1069326 wrote: It's incredible how some find it easy to blame jews for everything. I'm jewish and I always feel personally insulted by this kind of racistic remarks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well said!

no one has the right to insult anyone!:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Has it never occurred to you that these women who 'spread their legs' give childless couples a much wanted child through adoption and fostering? You'd rather condemn them to a life of un-happy childlessness would you?

If it were not for two women who 'spread their legs' my family would be without two very much adored young children who bring joy to us all.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Guys the OP isnt here anymore so cant answer your questions.:thinking:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

oscar;1069398 wrote: So if a happily married woman trie's for many years for a much wanted baby and then finds through scans that her baby is sadly so severely deformed, he/she will spend their life in pain, you'd rather that baby live?

Or if the much wanted baby through complications is likely to kill the mother by continuing with the pregnancy, you'd rather that the woman die, leaving her other children motherless and the death of a poor woman?

Your sick. Get a life outside of your ignorant mis-imformed bias and hatred.

Or perhaps your mother had an abortion and threw the wrong bit away?
Didja get infracted for that bit of personal attack? Hope you've had a deep breath since posting it.
BTS

Post by BTS »

el guapo;685683 wrote: jim there is no easy answer but 90 percent ot the world say it is the womens choice

Where do you get your 90% # from?

Is there any facts to back this up or are you just plucking it out of your rumpus?

I have looked high and low for that % and it is WAY lower than that.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

It stikes me as odd that people say they are "PRO CHOICE".

If they are pro choice then am I to be labeled "ANTI CHOICE"

If so, Why???

It seems that most pro choicers are also opposed to the death penalty yet they will support killing a innocent fetus with "NO CHOICE"

I want the innocent to have a chance to live, can you tell me how that is anti choice?

SAVE THE WHALES!!!!
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

BTS;1072004 wrote: Where do you get your 90% # from?

Is there any facts to back this up or are you just plucking it out of your rumpus?

I have looked high and low for that % and it is WAY lower than that.

cant find it now it was months ago.......go pluck ya own rumpus
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
BTS

Post by BTS »

el guapo;1072067 wrote: cant find it now it was months ago.......go pluck ya own rumpus
:yh_rotfl:confused::yh_rotfl:driving::yh_rotfl

I love it when the do gooders of the world bite off more than they can chew then we ask for just ONE fact and are told to pluck our own rumpus:yh_rotfl

I love it kuzz their ain't no 90% of the world that agrees....:yh_rotfl

I call "bull shittt on your little lie
BTS

Post by BTS »

Jester;1072069 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Why does the sound of banjos come to mind?

Oh don't take me there Jes.......

Butt then again al guapo might make one fine squealer.......

Wass ya think?
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

BTS;1072402 wrote: :yh_rotfl:confused::yh_rotfl:driving::yh_rotfl

I love it when the do gooders of the world bite off more than they can chew then we ask for just ONE fact and are told to pluck our own rumpus:yh_rotfl

I love it kuzz their ain't no 90% of the world that agrees....:yh_rotfl

I call "bull shittt on your little lie

link might help ya shows that it is legal to have abortion in most countries

Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

a little bit more info 78 percent in the un

21 August 2007

UN publishes world abortion information

World Abortion Policies 2007 provides up-to-date information on the legal status of induced abortion for the 195 Member and non-Member States of the United Nations.

To complement this information, data on abortion rates, contraceptive prevalence, total fertility and maternal mortality are also provided. The information below is reproduced from the wall chart presenting the UN’s findings.

The overwhelming majority of countries, 97 per cent, permit abortion to save the woman’s life. In five countries, abortion is not permitted. Abortion laws and policies are significantly more restrictive in the developing world. In developed countries, abortion is permitted for economic or social reasons in 78 per cent of countries and on request in 67 per cent of countries. In contrast, 19 per cent of developing countries permit abortion for economic or social reasons, while in 15 per cent of developing countries abortion is available on request.

Many countries have additional procedural requirements that must be met before an abortion may be legally performed. Additional requirements may relate to the gestational limits within which abortion may be performed, mandatory waiting period, parental or spousal consent, third-party authorisation, the categories of health providers permitted to perform abortions, the types of medical facilities where abortions may be performed and mandatory counselling. In addition, even when abortion is legally permitted, access to abortion services may be limited.

It is important to point out that up-to-date information on the status of abortion policy is not readily available for all countries. The information for some countries is either incomplete or unclear. Readers are therefore invited to provide information, comments or corrections they deem useful to the Director, Population Division, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations, New York, NY 10017. The data included in the chart were based on information available as of 31 December 2006.

Grounds on which abortion is permitted

A total of seven grounds on which abortion is permitted are identified:

(1) to save the woman’s life;

(2) to preserve physical health;

(3) to preserve mental health;

(4) in case of rape or incest;

(5) for fetal impairment;

(6) for economic or social reasons; and

(7) on request.

Each of these grounds is described below.

(1) To save the woman’s life. The performance of abortion is most commonly permitted on the grounds of saving the life of the woman. Although some countries provide detailed lists of what they consider life-threatening situations, in general, these situations are not explicitly specified and are therefore left to the judgement of the physician or physicians performing or approving the abortion. The overwhelming majority of countries, 97 per cent in the less developed regions and 96 per cent in the more developed regions, either explicitly permit abortion to be performed when a pregnancy threatens a woman’s life or allow it under the general criminal law principle of necessity. Exceptions include Chile, El Salvador, the Holy See, Malta and Nicaragua, all of which have provisions restricting the performance of abortion. However, even in these countries, it is unclear whether a defence of necessity would be rejected by a court in serious cases involving a threat to the life of a pregnant woman.

(2) To preserve physical health. In the majority of countries, abortion is permitted when it is necessary to preserve the physical health of the woman. The term ‘physical health’, however, has been defined in a number of different ways. In some countries, the definition is narrow, often encompassing lists of conditions that are considered to fall under this category; in other countries, the term “physical health” is broadly defined, allowing room for interpretation. In the more developed regions, 88 per cent of countries permit abortion to preserve physical health, compared to 60 per cent of countries in the less developed regions.

(3) To preserve mental health. Many countries specifically provide for the legal performance of abortions in cases involving a threat to the mental health of the pregnant woman. What constitutes a threat to ‘mental health,’ however, varies significantly. In some countries, the abortion law does not specify whether the term ‘health’ encompasses both physical and mental health, but merely provides that an abortion is permitted when it averts a risk of injury to the woman’s health. In such cases, since the law does not make a distinction, both physical and mental health grounds have been coded as permitted. Eighty-six per cent of countries in the more developed regions allow abortion to protect the mental health of the woman, whereas fifty-seven per cent of countries in the less developed regions have adopted such laws.

(4) Rape or incest. Permitting abortion in cases of rape or incest is a common provision. Even in countries with restrictive laws, abortion is often allowed on those grounds. Some countries specifically mention rape or incest in their legislation. Other countries refer to these as cases in which the pregnancy is the result of ‘a criminal offence’, with no specification of the nature of the offence. In other countries, abortions are permitted only in the case of the rape of a woman with mentally impaired functions. While 84 per cent of countries in the more developed regions have laws that permit abortion in case of rape or incest, 37 per cent of countries in the less developed regions have such laws.

(5) Fetal impairment. Abortions are often permitted on the grounds of fetal impairment, even in countries with restrictive abortion legislation. Several countries specify the type and level of impairment necessary to justify an abortion. In the more developed regions, 84 per cent of countries permit abortions because of fetal impairment, whereas 32 per cent of countries in the less developed regions do so.

(6) Economic or social reasons. The laws permitting abortions on socio-medical, economic or social grounds vary widely. Some laws specifically mention economic or social conditions while others only imply them. Most laws that permit abortion on economic or social grounds are interpreted quite liberally and, in practice, differ little from laws that allow abortion on request. While 78 per cent of countries in the more developed regions have laws permitting abortion on economic or social grounds, 19 per cent of countries in the less developed regions allow abortion on the same grounds.

(7) On request. In countries that allow abortion on request, a woman seeking an abortion is not required to justify her desire to have an abortion under the law. In a number of countries, she may be required to state that she is in a situation of crisis or distress. Sixty-seven per cent of countries in the more developed regions have adopted such laws, whereas fifteen per cent of countries in the less developed regions make abortion available

on request. For purposes of this chart, if an abortion can be authorised on request, it is assumed that an abortion can be performed during the period when it is authorised on any other of the grounds listed, even if the law does not explicitly mention such grounds.

Abortion rate.

Accurate information on induced abortion is difficult to obtain in many countries. In countries where abortion is legal under broad conditions, statistics on abortion are collected and are of reasonable completeness and accuracy. In other countries, official data are lacking or are incomplete. A common problem is that some privately performed abortion procedures go unreported and are therefore not reflected in the statistics available. Also, some countries may include spontaneous abortions in the number of reported abortions. In countries where abortion is restricted, official statistics are generally not available or highly incomplete.

Information on the number of abortions is available for 61 countries. Abortion rates in 26 of those 61 countries range from 10 to 20 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44 years; 16 countries have abortion rates above 20 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15 to 44, while 19 countries have an abortion rate below 10 abortions per 1,000 women.

Contraceptive prevalence. The use of contraception has been increasing steadily. Worldwide, 61 per cent of women who are married or in union use some contraceptive method and 54 per cent use a modern contraceptive method. In the less developed regions contraceptive prevalence averages currently 59 per cent among women who are married or in union and it averages 69 per cent in the more developed regions.

Total fertility.

Total fertility measures the number of births a woman would have during her lifetime if she were to follow current age-specific fertility rates. In 2000-2005, total fertility at the world level stood at 2.6 births per woman. Total fertility was estimated to be 2.9 births per woman in the less developed regions and 1.6 births per woman in the more developed regions. Total fertility is greater than 5 births per woman in 35 of the 148 developing countries. Overall, the countries with fertility higher than 5 births per woman account for 10 per cent of the world population.

Maternal mortality.

Maternal mortality is a major concern in the world and in particular in less developed regions. The improvement of maternal health is one of the eight goals included in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Of the estimated 529,000 maternal deaths worldwide in 2000, 68,000 deaths were reported to be due to complications of unsafe abortion. In 2000, the maternal mortality ratio was 442 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births in the less developed regions. In contrast, the maternal mortality ratio was 20 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births in the more developed regions
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

ABORTION AS A RIGHT OF WOMEN

An increasing number of countries now recognize a woman's right to exercise abortion choice for a time, usually until about twelve weeks after the beginning of pregnancy, and allow the procedure afterwards when faced with health, social, or other risk. In 1988, the Supreme Court of Canada, in the case of R. v. Morgentaler, held the country's restrictive abortion law unconstitutional. The Chief Justice found that "forcing a woman, by threat of criminal sanction, to carry a fetus to term unless she meets certain criteria unrelated to her own priorities and aspirations is a profound interference with a woman's body and thus a violation of security of the person." The law was accordingly ruled void, and abortion is now regulated like any other medical procedure, allowing a woman to make her decision according to her own ethical judgment.

Human rights laws are increasingly giving priority to women's health, dignity, and capacity as the principal decision makers over their own reproduction. Countries whose laws criminalize abortion and compromise women's health and welfare are facing louder calls for reform
BTS

Post by BTS »

el guapo;1072414 wrote: link might help ya shows that it is legal to have abortion in most countries

Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World

But does this SUPER LINK show that 90% of the world supports abortion?
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I've always thought that abortion was killing a human being, and that killing a human being is always wrong. But sometimes society sanctions killing. We kill in war. We kill in self defence. We kill sometimes judicially, like electrocuting a murderer.

What makes choices difficult is that sometimes one has to select not just from clearly right and clearly wrong, but from a selection of wrongs.

I know several women who have had abortions. None of them did it with a light heart. I've always been extremely glad I've never been in a position where I had to make a decision like that. I doubt whether I could ever have gone through with it. But I don't know for sure. How can anyone know for sure unless they are in the shoes of a woman poor enough, tired enough, distraught enough to consider doing something so totally against her natural instinct?

While I can say I am against abortion, in principle, I could never presume to stand in judgment against any of my sisters who went ahead with an abortion, nor wish them back into the grubby hands of the old backstreet butchers.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

el guapo

Post by el guapo »

BTS;1072594 wrote: But does this SUPER LINK show that 90% of the world supports abortion?

didnt say 90%support it said they allow it
Odie

Post by Odie »

I believe in abortion for the right reasons, after being raped, a girl who is still a baby herself, a woman who cannot support a baby.

and to those who should know better...there are many ways now to avoid becoming pregnant...and it is no longer just up to the woman to make sure it doesn't happen.

my belief is why bring an unwanted child into this world....we already have enough of them with families that abuse their children.
Life is just to short for drama.
BTS

Post by BTS »

el guapo;1073335 wrote: didnt say 90%support it said they allow it

Oh ok I must of had wax in my ears because I thought I heard this;

el guapo;685683 wrote: jim there is no easy answer but 90 percent ot the world say it is the womens choice

Guess I heard wrong.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

BTS;1073891 wrote: Oh ok I must of had wax in my ears because I thought I heard this;

Guess I heard wrong.

most of the world does allow the woman the choice

so what are ya getting at the 2 bits ya quote say the same thing

Return to “Abortion”