Homes for Our Troops

BTS

Homes for Our Troops

Post by BTS »

“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” gets a Helping Hand from Homes for Our Troops to Build a New Home for a Wounded Iraq War Veteran and His Family.

Massachusetts based charity heads to Tennessee to help ABC’s Extreme Makeover crew.

FULL STORY HERE:

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Accountable

Homes for Our Troops

Post by Accountable »

This is a great show. They started out kind of lightweight, but have taken off and do wondrous good in the communities they visit.
MicahLorain

Homes for Our Troops

Post by MicahLorain »

How warm & fuzzy!!
Accountable

Homes for Our Troops

Post by Accountable »

MicahLorain wrote: How warm & fuzzy!!
yeah. ....
BTS

Homes for Our Troops

Post by BTS »

flopstock wrote: And ty's not so bad either..

Did you see him when he was more down to earth on "Trading Places" or Spaces on TLC?

I still like him but being from the construction trade I liked when he was a carpenter better.

The show is GREAT......................... Usally have to keep a box of tissues handy tho.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
MicahLorain

Homes for Our Troops

Post by MicahLorain »

Did anyone see in the news Extreme Makeover Home Edition is being sued by a family that got a new house on the show?? It's NAUSEATING. A man that had several adult adopted kids was featured on the show. They got a brand new house with all the bells & whistles, plus cars and more stuff. Apparently the adoptees decided they don't like eachother or the dad so they are suing the show for the cash equivalent of the house since they no longer can live together. It was in the news Thursday I think. To imagine how many people apply for that show, people in tremendous need, and seeing ungrateful louts like this flip the show off makes me sick! I wouldn't give em an Iranian dime!!!!!!!!!!
nvalleyvee

Homes for Our Troops

Post by nvalleyvee »

Say it isn't so - I saw that show............ungrateful louts. The kids should not get ANYTHING - that Dad worked sooooo hard to support everyone.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
MicahLorain

Homes for Our Troops

Post by MicahLorain »

nvalleyvee wrote: Say it isn't so - I saw that show............ungrateful louts. The kids should not get ANYTHING - that Dad worked sooooo hard to support everyone.
YES! The episode where they all got Ford Focuses, themed rooms and everything. I'm sure the show is built to withstand crap like this. A needy family should be GIVEN the home AND the cars. Zilch for the greedy jackasses.
nvalleyvee

Homes for Our Troops

Post by nvalleyvee »

MicahLorain wrote: YES! The episode where they all got Ford Focuses, themed rooms and everything. I'm sure the show is built to withstand crap like this. A needy family should be GIVEN the home AND the cars. Zilch for the greedy jackasses.

Again - I say those kids get NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING and may Karma bring it back 3 fold on their infitesimal souls. Why is it that kids think they have any right to live as their parents do without the years of hard work the parents put into giving these kids a good home - food on the table and a dry roof over their heads - not to mention the years of love any parent gives to their children - adopted or not. :-5 :-5
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Homes for Our Troops

Post by Accountable »

Sounded like an urban legend to me, but here it is:

Orphans sue over Extreme Makeover deal

Associated Press

Friday, August 12, 2005

LOS ANGELES -- Five orphaned siblings who moved into a new dream home on the hit ABC television show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition are suing the network, the company that built the house and the couple who took them in after their parents died.

The children range in age from 15 to 22. They claim that after Extreme Makeover built a new nine-bedroom mansion for them to live in with Phil and Loki Leomiti, the Leomitis engaged in "an orchestrated campaign" to drive them away by insulting them and treating them poorly.

The children ultimately moved out of the Leomitis's home in Santa Fe Springs, a small city southeast of Los Angeles, and are living separately with friends, said Charles Higgins II, the eldest sibling.

Their complaint, which was filed Wednesday, alleges fraud and breach of contract. It seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

"What we're really seeing is the collision between reality TV and the perception reality TV seeks to create in the minds of the general public," said their lawyer, Patrick Mesisca.

ABC said in a statement that "It is important to note that the episode was about the rebuilding of the Leomiti family's existing home to accommodate the inclusion of the five Higgins siblings, whom the Leomitis had invited into their lives following the death of their parents."

People who answered the phone at the Leomitis's home initially said the couple had no comment and later referred questions to ABC and to Endemol USA, the television show's production company. Endemol publicist Melissa Armstrong said the company had not yet reviewed the claim.

The parents of the Higgins children died 10 weeks apart in the spring of 2004 -- the mother of breast cancer and the father of heart failure. The Leomitises, who knew the children from church, opened their home to them in July 2004, according to the lawsuit.

Producers of Extreme Makeover learned of the children's plight from a television newscast.

Workers demolished the Leomitis's house in February and then built the new one. Extreme Makeover producers arranged for the siblings to receive cars, groceries, computers, stereos and other gifts.

The builder, Pardee Homes, paid off the mortgage on the new house but the Leomitis retained the title, according to the lawsuit. Around the time the episode first aired in late March, the siblings moved out.

Mesisca, the attorney, acknowledged Wednesday that the siblings were never promised a house in writing. But the network's statements and actions could legally be considered a promise, he said.

"We were promised a home," said Charles Higgins II. "They broke that promise."

Wolverine

Homes for Our Troops

Post by Wolverine »

flopstock wrote: I shouldn't ask, 'cause you're in one of your goofy moods tonight, but what's a blanket party?:-3
now correct me if i'm worng scrat, but a "blanket party" is what happened in Full Metal Jacket, right?

y'all grab a corner of a blanket, throw it over said Jackass, pull it down so said jackass can't move, then everyone else comes running over with a bar of soap in a sock and WHACK! right in the belly.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Accountable

Homes for Our Troops

Post by Accountable »

Wolverine wrote: now correct me if i'm worng scrat, but a "blanket party" is what happened in Full Metal Jacket, right?

y'all grab a corner of a blanket, throw it over said Jackass, pull it down so said jackass can't move, then everyone else comes running over with a bar of soap in a sock and WHACK! right in the belly.
Cooooooorrrrectomundo! Johnny tell 'im what he's won!

{A year's supply of RRRRRice-A-Roniiii the San Francisco treat!}

Return to “Warfare Military”