Pink Floyd hitting their own Wall - Pupils sue for royalties

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

By Nigel Rosser, Evening Standard

A group of former pupils at a London comprehensive school are poised to win thousands of pounds in unpaid royalties for singing on Pink Floyd's classic Another Brick In The Wall 25 years ago.

The pupils from the 1979 fourthform music class at Islington Green School secretly recorded vocals after their teacher was approached by the band's management.

Now the 23 ex-pupils are suing for overdue session musician royalties, taking advantage of the Copyright Act 1997 to claim a percentage of the money from broadcasts.

More: http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articl ... 20Standard
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:guitarist I hope they get it.!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

Post by koan »

I bet Roger Waters is laughing hysterically since they robbed him of the name Pink Flloyd.

Guess it's their problem now.
Cass

Post by Cass »

This is so weird we were just talking about Pink Floyd at dinner tonight and the album the wall... and then the first thing I see when I get back is this LOL

Those kids should get money for falling in the meet grinder.. remember that part?? :eek:

Return to “General Music”